Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
Some nice looking cards so far.

Headmaster KT is nasty, especially in control decks.

Steeldancer seems a fairly solid Tempo play - it's only 1 health off the ideal 4/4, and it's likely to get you something good.

Cycle of hatred... hmmm, depends on what other tools Demon Hunter gets, but definitely seems like something for the currently-unrealised Control DH archetype.

Lilian is... I dunno? Not bad, not great.

Brittlebone looks solid, it's basically Vilespine 2.0.

Egg makes wild disco even scarier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Imagine they will add some new stuff, although it's a bit weird it conflicts with the latest Discard support which specifically discards high cost cards.

In Wild, does Discard Warlock run stuff like PO and EVIL Genius? Thinking otherwise, an Egg might be somewhat clunky for the deck even with the synergy.

Nah, Disco Lock is all about using a lot of the discard synergy cards that have come out over the years; Hand of Gul’dan is what made it a fairly seriously competitive deck, especially with the stuff that specifically discards your highest-cost card.

At the moment, the biggest drawback is that you basically need to come out guns blazing and hope your opponent can’t keep up with removing your minions. The deck chokes out hard if you have a bad opener or run out of consistent ways to refill your hand. I could potentially see this being swapped out with one of their few non-disco cards, but it’s wait and see at the moment.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Hey look, Priest finally got Lackey support :v:

Actually completely missed this has somewhat decent Deathrattle synergy. Neat card.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Jul 22, 2020

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Hella stat line too.

Grei Skuring
Sep 12, 2011

:norway::thumbsup:
Some sort of deathrattle/battlecry (zoo?) shenanigans with Teron seems very very likely

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Hey look, Priest finally got Lackey support :v:

Actually completely missed this has somewhat decent Deathrattle synergy. Neat card.

wisp in zoo

wisp in zoo

:climb up on my office desk:

WISP IN ZOO

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
Honestly, deathrattle Zoo Priest is already almost a deck. The issue is not that the power doesn't exist, it's that you can't draw for poo poo.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Looks like Zoo's back on the menu boys.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

token art

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

orangelex44 posted:

Honestly, deathrattle Zoo Priest is already almost a deck. The issue is not that the power doesn't exist, it's that you can't draw for poo poo.

cult master's time to shine

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Quetzadilla posted:

What's the optimal quest rerolling strat now? Seems like rerolling a 60 always gives a 50 which can then theoretically be rerolled again for something better but is unlikely, meanwhile it's taken 2 days to reroll it.

Just do the loving quest. All the dicking around you do to try to only do 60 quests is not worth it. Play some games, make up the 10g in wins.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Quetzadilla posted:

What's the optimal quest rerolling strat now? Seems like rerolling a 60 always gives a 50 which can then theoretically be rerolled again for something better but is unlikely, meanwhile it's taken 2 days to reroll it.

Just reroll 50s, it almost always gets you a 60. Rerolling 60s for the rare 100 is not worth it.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

This looks a pretty good Giant, for both Priest and Warlock (but mostly Warlock).

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

0 mana warlock giants is back baby

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I really hate the wording of that mechanic lol

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

This looks a pretty good Giant, for both Priest and Warlock (but mostly Warlock).

Great card art.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
[laughs in Galakrond Priest]

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

I posted on Something Awful and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

i am going to kick the rear end of the person who positioned the card text

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Firebert posted:

Yeah I think this would be better:
Costs (1) less for each time you have gained or lost life during your turn.

ptroll
Sep 8, 2011

This wording works with effects like Alexstraza. Wonder if they just wanted to cover that corner case (or if it even works at all with Alex)?

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug

ptroll posted:

This wording works with effects like Alexstraza. Wonder if they just wanted to cover that corner case (or if it even works at all with Alex)?

Alex is covered by gained or lost health though unless you are already at 15 in which case it wouldnt cover it in either case either.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Uhh isn't this a big loving lol at molten giant?

Firebert posted:

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Tin Tim posted:

Uhh isn't this a big loving lol at molten giant?

each time your health changed, not how much your health has changed. so one less for each tap, one less for each flame imp, one less for each nether breath that had lifesteal, one less for each time your soulbound ashtongue attacked an 8-attack minion. I think it's powerful but it's not power creep on molten giant, it's meaningfully different.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
I bet molten giant is a lot better, in practice.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's realistically going to be played for like 5 mana on turn 7 or something imo.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

World War Mammories posted:

each time your health changed, not how much your health has changed.
Yes, I'm aware.

I guess it's due to me looking at it from the wild perspective where warlocks can play it on four by going kobold, tap, mistress+tap. Also molten loses its reduction when you heal and this does not. I mean there's currently no warlock deck in wild that really wants this I think but it still looks like a better molten giant to me :shrug:

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Tin Tim posted:

Yes, I'm aware.

I guess it's due to me looking at it from the wild perspective where warlocks can play it on four by going kobold, tap, mistress+tap. Also molten loses its reduction when you heal and this does not. I mean there's currently no warlock deck in wild that really wants this I think but it still looks like a better molten giant to me :shrug:

idk, I most enjoyed warlock during the evenlock era when mountain giant on 3 was reasonably common, so it didn't strike me. but you're right, I didn't think about wild.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
finally a use for:

turn 3, play this and shoot yourself in the face as the card do. then 0 cost 8/8.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
All right, three new cards. I'm phone posting, so you only get the stats from me:

Cabal Acolyte
Priest epic
4 mana 2/6
Taunt
Spellburst: Gain control of a random enemy minion with 2 or less attack.

Mozaki, Master Duelist
Mage legendary
5 mana 3/8
After you cast a spell, gain Spell Damage +1.

Ace Hunter Kreen
Hunter/Demon Hunter legendary
3 mana 2/4
Your other characters are immune while attacking.

That hunter/dh legendary seems pretty strong if you're zoo and can just ram all your small dudes into the enemy without them dying.

That priest epic probably procs with the wild spell that lowers a minion's attack for a turn. Pretty interesting in any case.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Zoo wants to go face though, not trade

honestly seems like it fits better in a control-y DH so you can trade Priestess into a big thing and still keep her alive for the end of turn damage

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

Julio Cruz posted:

Zoo wants to go face though, not trade

honestly seems like it fits better in a control-y DH so you can trade Priestess into a big thing and still keep her alive for the end of turn damage

There was a tiiiime...

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
That mage legendary could be very, very scary in a cyclone based deck.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

battlegrounds questions (I haven't played it since its beta first opened)

is there a way to see more stats on your play, for free? right now I only see first places, top-4's, and rating.

in the for-pay stats via tavern pass, what additional stats do you see?

and are stats reset periodically or do the aggregate forever?

thanks

Aaod
May 29, 2004
Isn't this better than molten because it also counts healing?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
The health on these creatures so far is so high.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

Aaod posted:

Isn't this better than molten because it also counts healing?

Being at low health is something that you can pretty consistently have happen in most games without trying. Your opponent does that job for you. Changing your health on your turn is often more difficult. I think molten giants probably are cheaper, faster than this guy. I don't see a way to cheat this guy out much quicker than turn...5? For a Warlock going second that hero powers every turn (including coin -> HP turn 1).

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

orangelex44 posted:

Being at low health is something that you can pretty consistently have happen in most games without trying. Your opponent does that job for you. Changing your health on your turn is often more difficult. I think molten giants probably are cheaper, faster than this guy. I don't see a way to cheat this guy out much quicker than turn...5? For a Warlock going second that hero powers every turn (including coin -> HP turn 1).

You can discount it super effectively if you’re using cards like darkglare and flame imp

Aaod
May 29, 2004

orangelex44 posted:

I see it more as a cheat it out for super cheap late game minion like we saw with arcane giants in mage as opposed to trying to get it out early minion.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Mr Beens posted:

Just do the loving quest. All the dicking around you do to try to only do 60 quests is not worth it. Play some games, make up the 10g in wins.

lol it's just one whole button click you weirdo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

yikes! posted:

lol it's just one whole button click you weirdo

Rerolling all my 60s while Mr Beens rends his clothes and shrieks into his pillow.