Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saM8Rn0ahFA
ö

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Zzulu posted:

It would be nice if "console exclusives" as a concept died out and burned in hell. It sucks to see some cool new release and you try to buy it and then you see that it only came out for one console that you don't have and never will have¨

Imagine if movies only came out on a certain type of television

Console exclusives are some of the very few major single player games with zero microtransactions (gambling) or other exploitative elements so I'm cool with them sticking around.

And that's literally happened with television for forty years.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

Detective No. 27 posted:

See The Godfather at 11pm, only on Panasonic TVs.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Strong off brand Dale Gribble vs John Redcorn vibes here

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

That's categorically untrue. Ä is found in the RP pronounciation of hat, Ö is found (as a long vowel) in RP bird. This isn't rocket surgery.

RP also uses different vowels in "can" and "can't", so we probably shouldn't use it as an example for anything. It's a made-up dialect from a made-up people. :colbert:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Detective No. 27 posted:

Not during my lifetime

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

As a PC gamer, I should simply be allowed to play whatever game I wish and not have to buy a PS4 to play the viking game or the spider man game, or indeed now, the samurai game

At least I get to play the giant robot hunting game on Aug. 7

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎

CPColin posted:

RP also uses different vowels in "can" and "can't", so we probably shouldn't use it as an example for anything. It's a made-up dialect from a made-up people. :colbert:
Speaking as a native English (US) speaker learning Swedish, the point still stands if the examples are imperfect.

The “e” in wet is like the the “ä” in tvätt; the “u” in bud is like the “ö” in röd, etc. I can’t think of an “å” example but I’m reading this thread when I should be working so there ya go.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Detective No. 27 posted:

Console exclusives are some of the very few major single player games with zero microtransactions (gambling) or other exploitative elements so I'm cool with them sticking around.

If you're talking about an HBO or Showtime subscription, that's not really analogous.

It's more like not being able to watch CBS because I have an LG TV instead of a Vizio.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

CPColin posted:

Its fine as an example as evidenced by the fact that you know what the sounds are.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

zoux posted:

the giant robot hunting game

The what?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Inzombiac posted:

If you're talking about an HBO or Showtime subscription, that's not really analogous.

It's more like not being able to watch CBS because I have an LG TV instead of a Vizio.

I'm talking cable in general. You still need them to install their poo poo on your TV to access the channels and content. You have a distinction without a difference.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Horizon: Zero Dawn

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

CPColin posted:

as an american, I also use different vowels in those words. ken vs can't

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

anyone who didnt just learn about and start playing video games yesterday understands and has to deal with the issue of exclusive games

which is you buy a ps4 since its the one platform with the best exclusive games this isnt that hard

thomawesome
Jul 19, 2009

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

This fuckin' killed me.

GrandMaster posted:

The room part 4 lookin good

:bisonyes:

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Flavius Aetass posted:

as an american, I also use different vowels in those words. ken vs can't

Unconscionable.

Unrelated:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
lol at hoping for anything to be improved for the consumer in any industry, much less video games.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

SpacePig posted:

lol at hoping for anything to be improved for the consumer in any industry, much less video games.

lol at hope

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ain’t gonna be no Halloween this year

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I ran a pretty sizable LARP for a while, many years ago

I wish people had put that much effort into costuming

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

zoux posted:

I’m absolutely ready for covid culture war part deux, where some neighborhoods will have trick or treating and some won’t and it’s gonna be so fun, can’t wait for all the level headed debate

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Do people even trick or treat anymore

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Endless Trash posted:

I’m absolutely ready for covid culture war part deux, where some neighborhoods will have trick or treating and some won’t and it’s gonna be so fun, can’t wait for all the level headed debate

The venn diagram of anti-maskers and lunatics who think Halloween is a satanic conspiracy has a lot of overlap.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

The Bloop posted:

I ran a pretty sizable LARP for a while, many years ago

I wish people had put that much effort into costuming

If you ran Vampire larps you really need to watch What We Do in the Shadows

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoyKxSYCzRA

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

zoux posted:

The poster holiday for wearing masks.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

La Petite Snort

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Tres bon

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

god i love this show and i hope they do a third season. everything nandor does is gold.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I mean, you should watch it regardless because it's incredibly funny

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

snergle posted:

god i love this show and i hope they do a third season. everything nandor does is gold.

Code Jockey posted:

I mean, you should watch it regardless because it's incredibly funny
Also very true

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

snergle posted:

Same. I work with Colin Robinson :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Everyone needs to watch WWDITS right now.