Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
cranking this binch up to maximum resolution, let's see what it does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
"By Humility And The Fear Of The Lord Are Riches,Honor And Life" poverbs 22:4

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I read the book cover to cover and all I remember is sailor. Highly Recommended

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

- empty quote - - 2DCAT

twoday
May 4, 2005

twoday
May 4, 2005

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I read the book cover to cover and all I remember is sailor. Highly Recommended

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
“basta”

twoday
May 4, 2005

in high resolution you can see where I extinguished the cigarette butt

blacksocks
Feb 20, 2007

"Writing in the tradition of the Foxfire Project, but with 100% less child abuse alleged at the time of publication, scribe and casual anthropologist Twoday records the spirit and voices of a small, isolated enclave who share a disappearing way of life and face a more complicated time than any of them are prepared to survive. This is a record of a moment that was already gone before the writing, and we as later observers can only hope to reconstruct a feeling rather than any facts at all from its milleu. Rough, naive, determined and ultimately hopeless, each page in The Book of C-SPAM delivers a crie de couer that is more true than useful, but also more vital than any other account not fully illuminated in the manner that was common at the time."

twoday
May 4, 2005

I never finished this page and forgot what it is supposed to be

what should go in this circle?

twoday
May 4, 2005

blacksocks posted:

"Writing in the tradition of the Foxfire Project, but with 100% less child abuse alleged at the time of publication, scribe and casual anthropologist Twoday records the spirit and voices of a small, isolated enclave who share a disappearing way of life and face a more complicated time than any of them are prepared to survive. This is a record of a moment that was already gone before the writing, and we as later observers can only hope to reconstruct a feeling rather than any facts at all from its milleu. Rough, naive, determined and ultimately hopeless, each page in The Book of C-SPAM delivers a crie de couer that is more true than useful, but also more vital than any other account not fully illuminated in the manner that was common at the time."

:hmmyes:

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

twoday posted:

I never finished this page and forgot what it is supposed to be

what should go in this circle?

Tornps attempt at drawing a clock

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

2DCAT posted:

2DCAT posted:

2DCAT posted:

2DCAT posted:

2DCAT posted:

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
it's tronls o'clock somewhere

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
I'm not up on cspam lore. What is the origin of misspelling bunker baby's name? I've always seen it around here, but I didn't want to join in on it without knowing where it came from.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Gringostar posted:

free crazycloud

this and "piss tape is real"

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Phil Layshow posted:

I'm not up on cspam lore. What is the origin of misspelling bunker baby's name? I've always seen it around here, but I didn't want to join in on it without knowing where it came from.

somebody posted "trump" one day and it just stuck

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

twoday posted:

look, like half the book is spelled wrong

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/351120640180355072?s=20

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Phil Layshow posted:

it might be hard to believe, but donald trump is the president of the united states of america

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

Giga Gaia posted:

it might be hard to believe, but donald trump is the president of the united states of america

this is also my submission for book quote

twoday
May 4, 2005

2DCAT posted:

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
in my head, the origin was something like a chud meltdown on reddit or a dnd post. oh well.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

:crnasickos:

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
it just comes from chuds going "trump!" and it started in like 2015. i don't think there's a first post we can point to since we lost the original trump thread

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I think the origin is someone was doing phone polling in Iowa before the caucus and mentioned that most of the times they got a Trump voter, they would just shout TRUMP and slam down the phone

then people just started posting TRUMP and then the creative variants began

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

:hmmyes:

twoday
May 4, 2005

Phil Layshow posted:

A very long time ago, someone was describing their attempt to do calling to convince voters in the 2016 election. They would call and try to convince people to vote for clinton, and would receive a ton of negative answers from people, and the worst and funniest one was someone who listened to their whole schpiel and just shouted "TRUMP!" and hung up the phone.

After that, it became common for C-SPAM users to react to news by writing posts that just said "TRUMP!" but because we are a bunch of drunks and people whose minds have been broken by this administration, often it was misspelled. Then we exaggerated the typos to make fun of each other. Rather than correcting the errors, we decided to embrace them as an appropriate reaction, and also as an exclamation that reflects the madness of the time. To write a post that misspells Trump's name summarizes the entirety of thought that some people put into their understanding of politics. Every time we do that, we mock not only ourselves, but our political opponents. It feels very liberating to not give a poo poo about anything, and for just a second to pretend that nothing in the world matters except for Trump, and that even he doesn't matter enough for you to spell his 5 letter name correctly. It's how many Republicans feel all the time, and it's a fun exercise, you should try it.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
lost... like torplds... in the rain

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Phil Layshow posted:

The actual story is early in C-Spam history and I'm having trouble finding the original quote. Basically, someone on the forums worked at a company that conducted presidential polls leading up to 2016 and would call and ask people for their political opinions. When non-Trump voters were asked for their response on candidates, they would answer and flow through the rest of the survey as normal. Trump voters would just shout TRUMP! into the phone and immediate hang up (which is why it's usually written like "TRUMP! *click*"). This happened so much that it became a stereotype of trump voters at that call center, at the company, and now, on C-SPAM. Blithering idiots shouting the one syllable they love more than any other when asked and hanging up immediately like it's the exclamation point. A brain like a cow mooing.

Everyone who hanged up early would have their responses removed since they didn't answer the full survey, potentially under-counting the reality of Trump's base entirely because of their love of TURMP!! *click*

Edit: I think i got a few details wrong about the polling aspect.

DMCrimson has issued a correction as of 23:57 on Jul 22, 2020

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
we lathed it into existence, this happened to me in Iowa

we all went into a bar to have beers after a long rear end day canvassing in bumfuck nowhere and this was scrawled on the bernie campaign's van

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
ah that is a pretty good origin. thanks for catching me up. i may try it out, but it has to come up organically.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

No it was definitely a poster doing polling, they said trump voters were undercounted because a lot just yelled his name and hung up, which excluded them from the results

twoday
May 4, 2005

Phil Layshow posted:

ah that is a pretty good origin. thanks for catching me up. i may try it out, but it has to come up organically.

once you crack and ping, it will come up organically

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
twoday you should put "that's ok, I'll keep reading that garbage" on the back cover

twoday
May 4, 2005

That quote is already in the book as a preface but I might replace it with the Zizek quote so yeah maybe

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I'm not an American citizen. I am not neck deep in C-SPAM lore. I don't get half the jokes in the book.

Post the drat kickstarter so I can throw money at you. :homebrew:

twoday
May 4, 2005

they are still approving my poo poo, I'll post it when I can

I will also probably create a second thread in goon mart related to the sale of the book, and leave this one about artwork

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Phil Layshow posted:

when you're about to do something dumb on impulse, you'll know exactly what to say.