Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

somekindofguy posted:

Great. More people bitching about Sadistic. Way to ruin a good thing man.

lol wtf is your problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

somekindofguy posted:

Great. More people bitching about Sadistic. Way to ruin a good thing man.

wat

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer

It's simple really. Sadistic is a grind as it is now, and more time ought to be put into making it less so. It sucks the fun out of the game and is going to make people less inclined to see whatever ending you have planned for NGU.

Leaving several things as unfinished or as "features not bugs" (wish timers, hardcaps) is not encouraging.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

All idle games are a grind. That's literally the genre.

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Ghostlight posted:

All idle games are a grind. That's literally the genre.

Yeah, a grind is at the heart of a lot of idle games, but at least NGU had new systems to unlock as you went through the game. In sadistic, not so much. It's a lot of the same stuff you were doing at the end of evil, except slower and more painful.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

it's called something awful sadistic, not baby mode 🤓

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

somekindofguy posted:

It's simple really. Sadistic is a grind as it is now, and more time ought to be put into making it less so. It sucks the fun out of the game and is going to make people less inclined to see whatever ending you have planned for NGU.

Leaving several things as unfinished or as "features not bugs" (wish timers, hardcaps) is not encouraging.

oh i see, Murphy's Law

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Got to basically the end of Distance Incremental. The current endgame is just trial and error of what button to setinterval and how long to leave it going.

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

somekindofguy posted:

Yeah, a grind is at the heart of a lot of idle games, but at least NGU had new systems to unlock as you went through the game. In sadistic, not so much. It's a lot of the same stuff you were doing at the end of evil, except slower and more painful.

its a grind there for people who literally want an endgame grind. chill lol

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008
Important, hard-hitting NGU discussion

Task manager says the steam version of NGU uses about 30% of my GPU when it's minimized, but only ~8% of it when it's visible. That seems wrong.

Does it do that for other people, or am I a crazy person?

(I've got Windows 10 and a 2070 on the latest drivers if that's helpful.)

porkinson
Jan 20, 2015

Bedurndurn posted:

Task manager says the steam version of NGU uses about 30% of my GPU when it's minimized, but only ~8% of it when it's visible. That seems wrong.

That does seem crazy, it uses between 3 and 5 percent for me. No matter if its minimized or not.

Windows 10
Gtx 1080

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Bedurndurn posted:

huh, I'm also seeing like 17-18% when minimized and like 11.5% when visible. When the window is not minimized and not on the screen I have 7-8%. I'm on a 1660 Ti, but my drivers are a little outdated cause newer ones were giving me problems on MHW

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

Any thoughts on Dragon Cliff, https://store.steampowered.com/app/758190/Dragon_Cliff/ , on sale through Steam for $3.49?

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.

Gilg posted:

Any thoughts on Dragon Cliff, https://store.steampowered.com/app/758190/Dragon_Cliff/ , on sale through Steam for $3.49?

Just from looking at the Steam page for it, it looks like an RPG-Maker-style flavor of Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms or any of the other sixteen games that use the exact same re-skinned mechanics.

The inventory management alone looks like a living nightmare, and I played NGU since launch, so that should tell you

something

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008
I've played Dragon Cliff. You can definitely have $3.50 worth of fun with it.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

postmodifier posted:

The inventory management alone looks like a living nightmare, and I played NGU since launch, so that should tell you

something

ayyyyyy

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

dragon cliff was pretty fun

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

postmodifier posted:

Just from looking at the Steam page for it, it looks like an RPG-Maker-style flavor of Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms or any of the other sixteen games that use the exact same re-skinned mechanics.

something

it isnt that bad, theres optimize buttons + rarity filters so you destroy or auto sell trash loot

Sibling of TB
Aug 4, 2007
Oh no! After a real time week I am going to fail a 24 hour challenge at boss 265 when I need to kill 266! How awful.

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times

Eldercain posted:

so i've noticed that in distance, holy and sainthood seem to be good for pushing distance, what's the best combo for building? glory godhood? or glory holy?

Best for pushing for me was holy glory, I think. But like everything else in the game this won't matter soon :)

I remembered to refresh Distance Idle earlier today. There is a now a sub-bit in Elementary called Theory, but I'm have a poo poo of a time trying to progress in it. Switching your fermions at the slow-downs can just about sneak you through, but I don't want to be doing that on repeat, it's not a very intuitive system.

From what I can see, Theory has some generic multipliers for Elementary stuff, a new buff tree and a thing called strings which is my current goal.

Also, the HTML is a lot more solid after the refresh. First time I ran it, the CSS was just a nightmare, especially when boxes/buttons resized.

Lufia
Nov 28, 2011

frankenbeans posted:

I remembered to refresh Distance Idle earlier today. There is a now a sub-bit in Elementary called Theory, but I'm have a poo poo of a time trying to progress in it. Switching your fermions at the slow-downs can just about sneak you through, but I don't want to be doing that on repeat, it's not a very intuitive system.

From what I can see, Theory has some generic multipliers for Elementary stuff, a new buff tree and a thing called strings which is my current goal.

I finished Distance Idle today (got all achievements) and just sorta bumbled my way through Theories. All the upgrades boost one specific thing so you need to respec to boost the thing you're trying to upgrade right now. You also unlock more Higgs Boson upgrades and a third gluon button a bit later. Depth 7 is the max you can do right now and there's a tree build pinned in the discord to clear off the last few achievements at that point.

I never felt like I actually knew what I was doing. :v:

shs
Feb 14, 2012
Here is video game, and also keys for video game

Steam version

N2JW4-VFPVZ-Y4CXD
EHN7F-99NDE-M9FKE
ZLDY9-3I5Y3-GW64Q
0VH57-DMCXD-G4V6L
N20WJ-2C6FI-IVFJR

07C8K-7WJKH-97GKJ
AG67W-GD3MD-ERE4Q
ZXZLI-IJNHW-XVDJL
PMET7-3LDX8-Y7J4C
HC79J-5P892-HV2K5

iOS version

FYAWE7963FMJ
M97PLEXHKFHK
FYW4WPTA7TRY
9MK9ELAY97ME
79AY7KFYHRHK

Android version

This one is taking a long time to become active for some reason. It should appear sometime soon. Probably.

70LKA3RTC2SHX7QBL8AYQ2X
LPJR0VRB0K1Q2PSRRBYVMZF
20ZFQYKTK0K5P5ZHZS3QGWQ
RZ8SDKJAEYL58B1ACS1KFMW
5ZZS63VHC2N53ANAKBZD8CA

It's not possible to transfer saves from the old version. The game went from an "always online game as a service" type of game to a standard single player offline game and the saves formats are not compatible.

I know this is a rather uneventful release, but I have a massive (non-game development) workload bearing down on me and there's a lot of things I used to do in my free time that I've had to seriously cut back on or stop altogether.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

shs posted:

iOS version

FYAWE7963FMJ

This is awesome and I used this key, thank you.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

shs posted:

N20WJ-2C6FI-IVFJR

Thank you!

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

quote:

HC79J-5P892-HV2K5

TY!

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

shs posted:

Here is video game, and also keys for video game

Steam version

AG67W-GD3MD-ERE4Q

Thanks! Your games are awesome!

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I'll probably grab an android one but uh...it still hasn't popped up yet.

Still, I'm looking forward to it!

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Snagged IOS 9MK9ELAY97ME

Thanks!

atmakaraka
Mar 3, 2005

When I said 'we', officer, I was referring to myself, the four young ladies, and, of course, the goat.

shs posted:

07C8K-7WJKH-97GKJ

Grabbed this one. Look forward to giving it a shot.

shs
Feb 14, 2012

Arzaac posted:

I'll probably grab an android one but uh...it still hasn't popped up yet.

Still, I'm looking forward to it!

I published the android version several hours before the others in hopes that it would be ready when I needed it, but instead it's just been sitting there for 8+ hours doing nothing but bringing me great shame.

In comparison, the iOS version became available 2 or 3 hours after publishing, and the Steam version took about 1 or 2 minutes.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

quote:

EHN7F-99NDE-M9FKE

Grabbed this, thanks!

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

quote:

M97PLEXHKFHK

Took this one, thanks!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Game owns, I lol'd at Gacha Energy. Prob just gonna buy this on Android when it goes up.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I bought it on Steam tho I just got done with Distance Incremental headache inducing numbers and graphic design so it'll probably be a couple of days before I give it a honest try.

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.

shs posted:

RZ8SDKJAEYL58B1ACS1KFMW

Thank you!

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

shs posted:

N2JW4-VFPVZ-Y4CXD

thanks!

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Turns out this is cheap enough to grab with my remaining Steam wallet credit, so hey! There's one more to your numbers.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

shs posted:

5ZZS63VHC2N53ANAKBZD8CA

Thanks, I appreciate it!

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

shs posted:

Android version

70LKA3RTC2SHX7QBL8AYQ2X

Android version is live now -- I grabbed this one, thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Francis
Jul 23, 2007

Thanks for the input, Jeff.
Would it really be that hard to make optimal rebirths less frequent in late game? With offline cube boosting all you would need is higher fruit levels (or a perk that supercedes First Fruit, like a bonus to consecutive harvests), guffs (though they're already inefficient) and something about the money pit.