Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
overly-personal counterpoint:

I'm just entering Sadistic, and I agree with the "not enough happening" sentiment. HOWEVER, I'd suggest that NGU was satisfying to date -- so much so that the slowing-towards-twilight feeling is a normal sense of loss.

In fact, NGU is a fairly odd experience. I recall the exact chair in our office I sat in while first getting mega drops. The conference room I sat in the corner to see if Choco was idling. The first entry to Evil where I finally logged in to the Discord for the first time, only to get trashed for my weird choices. Getting made fun of in my friend's kitchen as he tried to understand why it was fun to see "Numbers Go Up" (he said I was playing an adult busy box).

It's been a surprisingly cool run, and maybe "getting to the end" isn't meant for everyone (??)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

The iOS and Steam ones are all claimed.

What’s the better platform? I’m at my PC all day just now because of lockdown, but like being able to make number bigger on the toilet.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Its been literal weeks since i have gotten a Wish card.
RNG, i know, but found it a bit curious still. Nearly a thousand cards (or so) and no wish cards.
I have not tagged it and notice that tags have gotten increasingly powerful with more pp/qp/wishes put into them so that has probably got a lot to do with it.

Speaking of which, if you only tag 1 type, will all the "tag drops" be that type?

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Any folks still playing Evolve?
Checked in after remembering, and it seems it's been getting a steady supply of updates since it was last brought up here.

Trying out the Pinguicula, and not having to put workers on mining stone is nice.
Gonna see how they pair with Ent not needing wood and how well that turns out. :v:
E: turns out all plants now have Sappy, not just Pinguicula; so that's gonna be helpful.

Arcanuse fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Jul 23, 2020

shs
Feb 14, 2012

Oodles posted:

The iOS and Steam ones are all claimed.

What’s the better platform? I’m at my PC all day just now because of lockdown, but like being able to make number bigger on the toilet.

I'll probably post a few more keys later in the week. Maybe Sunday.

The PC version runs slightly better in the background (actually running in the background versus pausing when losing focus then calculating how much time has passed when unpausing) but all three versions are otherwise identical. If you can find where EBROHBackupSave.txt is located, you can even move your save data between platforms.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
I'm still only part of the way through Evil so haven't quite seen the pain of Sadistic and have no idea what the endgame looks like.

However I do agree that it'd be quite fitting to introduce more automation features towards the end.

So things like auto rebirths and auto energy/magic/resource distribution (that you configure)

If things are that slow on sadistic then those would allow longer stretches of progress without the 24 hour checkin.

You could leave stuff like the exp or PP distribution as manual do there's still a reason to check in. Or not, make it fully auto and it just buys the next level of whatevers available next in the PP/QP list.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I feel like as soon as I stopped worrying about optimum rebirths my progress in Sadistic sped up considerably - I'm at ~700 hours and just finished Halloweenies. The only thing that feels daunting is all the wishes taking multiple days a level.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Arcanuse posted:

Any folks still playing Evolve?
Checked in after remembering, and it seems it's been getting a steady supply of updates since it was last brought up here.

Trying out the Pinguicula, and not having to put workers on mining stone is nice.
Gonna see how they pair with Ent not needing wood and how well that turns out. :v:
E: turns out all plants now have Sappy, not just Pinguicula; so that's gonna be helpful.

I’ve been slowly grinding Evolve since it was first brought up here & any normal person will want a script after a while because the start of the loop takes longer than it should if you’re checking in a couple times a day. The game absolutely still feels like someone spent an extra year+ on polishing and fleshing out kittens game, which is good imo.
I’ve just been grinding gold stars since October though, and not using a script because I don’t really care how long anything takes.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

If you're catching up to the end game in NGU for the first time, it is a waiting and repetition game. Usually 4G re-balances areas to make the wait less long for players who are arriving at content later, since the first balance is meant for players who were sitting at the end of content for a while before the new content comes out. No idea if that's coming for Sadistic at some point, but that is the pattern so far.

If you're getting tired of some of the optimization stuff like messing with diggers, you can just not do that. I haven't done any of that stuff and I'm sitting at the endgame. Just doing a minimal amount of stuff daily, like cards, and a long rebirth is a perfectly valid way to wait out the last content.

I've been playing for years now and kind of looking forward to freedom at the end, but there's no way I'm leaving it unfinished at this point haha.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

It's not super clear to me in Endless Battle what choosing the different times for prestige does. I understand that I need to wait for the time to elapse before I can prestige again, but don't know what benefit there is from doing longer ones vs. the short ones.

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

explosivo posted:

It's not super clear to me in Endless Battle what choosing the different times for prestige does. I understand that I need to wait for the time to elapse before I can prestige again, but don't know what benefit there is from doing longer ones vs. the short ones.
The message clearly says that longer ones increase resource generation. They even say by how many %

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Oh okay I guess I'm an idiot but I don't see where it clearly tells me that. I do see "Village resource boost: 271% (1% per item)" which is what I assume you're talking about, but it really doesn't say "This boost will be active for the duration of your prestige" anywhere which is what I'm gathering is the case from your post. I'll look it up on the wiki next time I have a question.

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

explosivo posted:

Oh okay I guess I'm an idiot but I don't see where it clearly tells me that. I do see "Village resource boost: 271% (1% per item)" which is what I assume you're talking about, but it really doesn't say "This boost will be active for the duration of your prestige" anywhere which is what I'm gathering is the case from your post. I'll look it up on the wiki next time I have a question.

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully
Seems like it works similarly to missions then, where you get a resource boost based on how long of a mission you commit to. Dunno yet whether it's better to do a bunch of shorter ones to churn through quests and amass prestige currency or to make them longer to get a better return on gems and resources.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

GetDunked posted:

Seems like it works similarly to missions then, where you get a resource boost based on how long of a mission you commit to. Dunno yet whether it's better to do a bunch of shorter ones to churn through quests and amass prestige currency or to make them longer to get a better return on gems and resources.

That's what it looks like. I understand it says "Prestige duration: 4 Hours, Layer Resources Earned +20%" but I again have to ask if that means the +20% lasts only for the 4 hours, does it force you to prestige again after the 4 hours is up, does that bonus last until the next time you prestige but the timer is just to prevent you from quickly prestiging? I probably should have picked something shorter than 8 hours for my first prestige so I could find out for myself, eh?

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Given that you don't lose your bonus Power Gems when missions are up, I imagine prestige timers are the same.

I think more than anything the thing you need to balance is "how much currency do I have to actually build buildings with" vs the prestige length. There's not much point in doing multiple short prestiges if you don't have the Power Gems/Building Bricks/Whatever to actually afford that.

shs
Feb 14, 2012
The resource bonus from higher prestige levels expires when the timer runs out. So a level 2 prestige gives you a 10% bonus for 2 hours, then nothing afterwards, and level 3 gives 20% for 4 hours then nothing, etc. But sometimes stats are not immediately recalculated, so occasionally you'll end up getting a few extra minutes of bonus time.

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008
shs. Can you add an 30fps option for intel laptop users?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

shs posted:

The resource bonus from higher prestige levels expires when the timer runs out. So a level 2 prestige gives you a 10% bonus for 2 hours, then nothing afterwards, and level 3 gives 20% for 4 hours then nothing, etc. But sometimes stats are not immediately recalculated, so occasionally you'll end up getting a few extra minutes of bonus time.

Awesome, thank you for the explanation!

shs
Feb 14, 2012

MikusR posted:

shs. Can you add an 30fps option for intel laptop users?

It's something I can add. It'll probably show up in the next day or two.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall
is the goon channel on the discord still a thing? how do i get in

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

If I buy the steam version of your game SHS can I xfer my IOS save? Screen is so loving small for all the stuff on there.

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.
Is there ever an unlock to automate buying buildings, especially in lower tiers? That's going to get really old really fast otherwise.

Also, I was in for a nice surprise when I saw each tier had their own equipment grid :yum: (I never got to play the first beta)

sweetroy posted:

is the goon channel on the discord still a thing? how do i get in

If you mean NGU's discord, yeah it's still there and active, just send a message to 4g with your SA username and he'll promote you.

shs
Feb 14, 2012
A building auto buyer is something I've considered, but my concern is that unless it has some amount of smartness built into it, it'll just burn all of your prestige resources on buildings that you didn't want. And even if it is smart, it'll probably still misfire a lot.

Once you've reached the end of a layer 2 or 3 times, you can usually just buy 25 your way back to where you were in a few seconds.

Virigoth posted:

If I buy the steam version of your game SHS can I xfer my IOS save? Screen is so loving small for all the stuff on there.

The game does put your save data in a text file on your device, but I don't think it's currently possible to access it on iOS. I'd have to publish a new version with file sharing enable, which is not very hard, but it would probably take a few days to go through the apple store approval process.

edit: I did all the iOS testing on an iphone SE :pwn:

another edit: I submitted a new iOS version to the store that has file sharing enabled, which means you can move your save data to or from another platform. It's just up to Apple to review and approve it.

ultra late edit: Steam version was updated to build 121 which has a framerate option in the settings & alerts menu. Now this is real idle gaming:

shs fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Jul 24, 2020

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

I'm not that far in, but what about something like "buy 1/5/10/25/max of avaliable buildings"?

Shadowstar
May 19, 2003

~~~~~~~~~
Just want to second that the small thing that would make NGU sadistic so much less annoying would be perks/quirks/wishes that effectively extended your optimal ygg reset to 72 hours or even a week.

This wouldn’t have to increase the rewards from their current per-day rate, although a little would be nice.

I tend to do 3 day rebirths anyway to get the most out of my pots, and it would be so nice to just let some slow-rear end wishes or hacks run for the full 3 days without worrying about fiddling w everything once or twice a day to get my sweet, sweet xp and poo poo.

Also this would make getting the max card deck size upgrades actually feel worthwhile, as cards could become the choke point for when I’d need to check in for optimal numbers going upness.

Edit: like lemme just bank 24hr fruits like daily spins.

Shadowstar fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Jul 24, 2020

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.

shs posted:

A building auto buyer is something I've considered, but my concern is that unless it has some amount of smartness built into it, it'll just burn all of your prestige resources on buildings that you didn't want. And even if it is smart, it'll probably still misfire a lot.

Once you've reached the end of a layer 2 or 3 times, you can usually just buy 25 your way back to where you were in a few seconds.

Even if an autobuyer was only available for the lowest prestige layer, where you probably won't care about the use of resources too much, it would save a lot of time.

Alternatively, a "Buy x of all buildings" or "Buy up to x of all buildings" button could also be useful, but then you might run into UI space problems.

Now that I know I need to use gacha energy on every layer I'm sure only using it on the highest tier pulls is the wrong move for a while, but I gotta go for them 5stars :v:

Edit: So am I correct in assuming that only building production, passive energy gain, and any sort of ticking timer are the only things being tracked while offline? Tracking offline progress for the dungeon seems... hard.

Manyorcas fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Jul 24, 2020

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

shs posted:

I've seen this handled elsewhere in a slightly different context by just having the auto buyer only purchase up to .1 or 1% of total resources worth of buildings, which would probably save most of the clicks that bug people while still leaving plenty of resources available.

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008
shs. Game refuses to start (you can't click star button) with EBROHBackupSave.txt being filled with zeroes (an probably otherwise broken).

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

How do I master a recipe in Forge and Fortune?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

get your guild level high enough then pay a load of resources from the guild page. scroll down a bit

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.
Just wanted to say I picked up SHS's game and I'm enjoying it. Good work.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug
Hey SHS any chance of supporting cloud save on Android? Like to play this more on my tablet when in front of it but will stick with mobile only if I have to choose only one. Cloud save would fix that for me.

Also, the Play store search engine is screwing you, I can't find the app by searching in it. I have to search on google.com to find a link to the play store.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Gilg posted:

Any thoughts on Dragon Cliff, https://store.steampowered.com/app/758190/Dragon_Cliff/ , on sale through Steam for $3.49?

I got it on sale for like 2 bucks. It's fun but as people mentioned the inventory management is a nightmare.

It's low resources so good to have on while playing another game.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

When i mentioned getting access to Wishes in NGU, someone mentioned saying goodbye to advanced training, is there a wish i've not seen that removes the need for them, or is it something way off in the future (i only just completed all of the faster wishes wish)?

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

Kin posted:

When i mentioned getting access to Wishes in NGU, someone mentioned saying goodbye to advanced training, is there a wish i've not seen that removes the need for them, or is it something way off in the future (i only just completed all of the faster wishes wish)?

I don't know exactly how far it is ahead, but if you sort by "total cost" with no filters it's on page nine, but it's an evil wish that comes after some sadistic difficulty wishes so you may not see it until you get near the end of evil.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Manyorcas posted:

I don't know exactly how far it is ahead, but if you sort by "total cost" with no filters it's on page nine, but it's an evil wish that comes after some sadistic difficulty wishes so you may not see it until you get near the end of evil.

Weird, what's it called? I still dont see it by doing that. Do i have to unlock the wish first by completing a challenge or spending PP/QP on something?

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

Kin posted:

Weird, what's it called? I still dont see it by doing that. Do i have to unlock the wish first by completing a challenge or spending PP/QP on something?

Just change the way the wishes are sorted. It'll be extremely obvious once you see it.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Blattdorf posted:

Just change the way the wishes are sorted. It'll be extremely obvious once you see it.

Ah found it, it was on the 3rd page.

With infinity time :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shs
Feb 14, 2012

MikusR posted:

shs. Game refuses to start (you can't click star button) with EBROHBackupSave.txt being filled with zeroes (an probably otherwise broken).

If you're still having the issue, can you send your Player.log (and if it exists, Player-prev.log) to support@efuniversegames.com? They're in the same folder as the back up save file.

You might try renaming the back up save file to something else, then starting the game. Your save should also be saved to the registry and Steam cloud. Hopefully one or both of those will still work.

Chin Strap posted:

Hey SHS any chance of supporting cloud save on Android? Like to play this more on my tablet when in front of it but will stick with mobile only if I have to choose only one. Cloud save would fix that for me.

Also, the Play store search engine is screwing you, I can't find the app by searching in it. I have to search on google.com to find a link to the play store.

Mobile cloud saving is something I'd like to have, but it's not as simple to setup as Steam's cloud save, so it'll take some time.

It's been less than two days since the game was released. It could be some sort of indexing issue that will fix itself. Maybe. Hopefully.