Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Oh wow, it is a full 2 week break. COVID must be doing a number on his ability to work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

newershadow
May 18, 2014
Jump as a whole is on a break this week - last week was a double issue.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Rudoku posted:

She'll fail, but somehow kill Dabi. By herself.. That's her win.

Her plan will start to fail only for Dabi to somehow accidentally cause it to succeed.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Rudoku posted:

She'll fail, but somehow kill Dabi. By herself.. That's her win.

And then she can present his head to Endeavor as a dowry when she proposed to Shoto!

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Fabricated posted:

Oh wow, it is a full 2 week break. COVID must be doing a number on his ability to work.

jumps on a break for the olympics or some poo poo but the olympics are next year now so lol

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Rhonne posted:

Her plan will start to fail only for Dabi to somehow accidentally cause it to succeed.

The sleeping gas she makes doesn't work like she hoped, but it ends up being really highly flammable.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I'm thinking maybe Momo and Co. succeed in stalling Gigantomachia long enough for people to evacuate the city, or some sort of Pyrrhic victory where they succeed in preventing him from crashing into the city and killing a bunch of people long enough that Shigaraki manages to kill/dequirk Aizawa and just blows the city up anyway.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Fabricated posted:

I'm thinking maybe Momo and Co. succeed in stalling Gigantomachia long enough for people to evacuate the city, or some sort of Pyrrhic victory where they succeed in preventing him from crashing into the city and killing a bunch of people long enough that Shigaraki manages to kill/dequirk Aizawa and just blows the city up anyway.

If Shigaraki dequirks Aizawa the series is over as far as I’m concerned

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Like yes, theoretically there is a way to counteract the guy with super regen and who can negate powers by looking at somebody, and that way is probably turning them into a weird butterfly person or having a moon bunny burst out of their head and I’m just not here for that a third time

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

We literally just had Deku and Bakugou rushing in to prevent their teacher from dying, they're not going to go back on that now.

I get the feeling that this battle is going to end in a draw where both sides take heavy loses, but Shigaraki and the main League crew escape(minus maybe Re-Destro and the Doctor) and the main kids make it out relatively okay(but most of the top 10 heroes are either dead or crippled).

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I could see Momo failing to fully stop Machia but slowing him down and tying up the rest of the League fighting 1-A/B

Machia gets to Shigaraki, who's passed out or been beaten down by Deku/Baku, grabs him, and skips town

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Dabi brought Skeptic with them for a reason and I'm betting it's so he can make body doubles to cover their escape after Gigantomachia goes down. Not as effective as Twice clones would be, but you make due with what you've got.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Rhonne posted:

We literally just had Deku and Bakugou rushing in to prevent their teacher from dying, they're not going to go back on that now.

I get the feeling that this battle is going to end in a draw where both sides take heavy loses, but Shigaraki and the main League crew escape(minus maybe Re-Destro and the Doctor) and the main kids make it out relatively okay(but most of the top 10 heroes are either dead or crippled).

The problem with this setup is that Shigaraki getting away is a bit like Overhaul getting away. There's no scenario where he has free use of his powers that doesn't result in Japan being dusted. Unless someone fills him with quirk-stopper bullets or similar

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Rhonne posted:

The Top 10 is not in great shape so far if Hori doesn't puss out and have the people who were clearly shown as being in the way of the decay wave get away somehow. Wash and Crust would be considered KIA, Mirko is crippled, Hawks is crippled. Endeavor and Ryukyu are engaged with the big bad, Kamui Woods/Edgeshot/the Samurai dude are at the mansion. If a couple more of them die that's most of the top 10 compromised to a permanent end.

I really would rather see a decisive win here for the villains considering the kids and heroes have skated for the entire 6 years of the manga. The villains (if you count Stain and only victims with nametags)have racked up: 3 retirements (Ingenium, Ragdoll, All Might), 1 death (Nighteye), and one pseudo-retirement in Mirio.

Just nut up and off people with name tags Hori. You need to cut the ancillary cast down anyway. Kill some of the teachers and kill the rest of the Top 10 who aren't incapacitated yet- your bunny wife is out of the fight already.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Mister Olympus posted:

The problem with this setup is that Shigaraki getting away is a bit like Overhaul getting away. There's no scenario where he has free use of his powers that doesn't result in Japan being dusted. Unless someone fills him with quirk-stopper bullets or similar

They kept bringing up that he woke up too soon, so I'm expecting that to have some kind of negative effect on Shiggy that'll keep him at least partially incapacitated for a while, especially if the heroes get away with the doctor since he's the only one who would really know how to finish Shggy's upgrades.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
our heroes aren't getting massacred here, this ain't chainsaw man

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Fabricated posted:

The Top 10 is not in great shape so far if Hori doesn't puss out and have the people who were clearly shown as being in the way of the decay wave get away somehow. Wash and Crust would be considered KIA, Mirko is crippled, Hawks is crippled. Endeavor and Ryukyu are engaged with the big bad, Kamui Woods/Edgeshot/the Samurai dude are at the mansion. If a couple more of them die that's most of the top 10 compromised to a permanent end.

I really would rather see a decisive win here for the villains considering the kids and heroes have skated for the entire 6 years of the manga. The villains (if you count Stain and only victims with nametags)have racked up: 3 retirements (Ingenium, Ragdoll, All Might), 1 death (Nighteye), and one pseudo-retirement in Mirio.

Just nut up and off people with name tags Hori. You need to cut the ancillary cast down anyway. Kill some of the teachers and kill the rest of the Top 10 who aren't incapacitated yet- your bunny wife is out of the fight already.

I too read superhero fiction just lusting for death. Go full DC, Horikoshi, and have Gigantomachia push someone's skull out the back of their head you coward!

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I love this manga so much that I want to see all of its characters die horribly

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Rohan Kishibe posted:

I too read superhero fiction just lusting for death. Go full DC, Horikoshi, and have Gigantomachia push someone's skull out the back of their head you coward!
I want to see Gigantomachia just properly fight instead of trampling over everyone. He knocked the top off of a mountain when Gran Torino ran into him and did weird air-blast stuff with his body expansion fighting Shigaraki.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

it's not being some kind of comics edgelord to want some stakes or maybe the ballooned cast the author has proven he can't juggle successfully pruned

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Didn't a whole slew of adult heroes get murked just a couple weeks ago? Crust, (probably) Thirteen, and (maybe) Pixie-Bob among them.

If the story suddenly shifts into UA becoming the new vanguard after the disintegration of most of the pro heroes, that might be interesting. But you can't kill off the students before that happens.

And stop lusting for the death of Ojiro. He's cool.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

CharlestonJew posted:

I love this manga so much that I want to see all of its characters die horribly

Better to die a Hero Academia than to live to be Bleached

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

With all the pro heroes dead it's Gentle's time to shine!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Gentle, La Brava, and Cyborg Mirko are the new protagonists.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Waffleman_ posted:

Gentle, La Brava, and Cyborg Mirko are the new protagonists.

Of Barkleys Shut Up and Jam Gaiden 3, maybe

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Buzzsaw Roomba posted:

our heroes aren't getting massacred here, this ain't chainsaw man

Denji did show up in a crowd shot, though.

(...That explains why so many pro heroes are dying, doesn't it?)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/horikoshiko/status/1286445450199883777?s=20

What the heck this ain't Mirko I want my money back

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/horikoshiko/status/1286445450199883777?s=20

What the heck this ain't Mirko I want my money back

It's not Mirko but it is acceptable

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

The man just like big thighs, in either relative or absolute sizes.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Mirko is definitely the raddest lady in MHA but I’m glad he remembered that Mt Lady is a close second.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm glad for the Kamui Woods x Mount Lady ship.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

New Vigilantes

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/my-hero-academia-vigilantes-chapter-82/chapter/20904?action=read

O'Clock II trying to create a fake tragic backstory is pretty funny

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Trying to pen a script on the fly is pretty ballsy, all things considered

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Koichi is going to end up being the perfect counter to O'Clock II :allears:

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Why the hell isn't his name 2 O'Clock?!

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

oh jay posted:

Should've been 6 O'Clock

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Him name is Hopkin Green Clock

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

COOLDOWN'S OVER!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

oh jay posted:

This is going to be Koichi's finishing blow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

New Vigilantes

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/my-hero-academia-vigilantes-chapter-82/chapter/20904?action=read

O'Clock II trying to create a fake tragic backstory is pretty funny

Ha! His evil plan is to fridge Pop! Great way to have your cake and eat it too.