Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Once jimmy dore was able to break away from that bizarre trist with gabbard his content got pretty right on

Since bernie adopted the succ posture so completely it turns out that the only people who shouldn't feel embarrassed about supporting a candidate in the 2020 primary are the williamson supporters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THS
Sep 15, 2017

yeah out of that entire flock of democratic candidates only marianne has kept it real

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

This ain't it, Chief.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Glenn's last post in that screenshot is good.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Love it when a 45 year old turns a wry eye on the foibles of the twitterati.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Matt and Glenn holding hands and driving over the posting cliff like Thelma and Louise

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Joementum posted:

Glenn's last post in that screenshot is good.

think of the optics, Joe, that's such a whataboutism. What happened to you? Maybe we need reclaim accountability before someone starts pearl-clutching

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
I don't understand why people are trying. You simply can't come at Greenwald online. And offline he has a young husband, compound of dogs and a security force of volunteers all ready to defend him with their lives

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Egg Moron posted:

Once jimmy dore was able to break away from that bizarre trist with gabbard his content got pretty right on

Since bernie adopted the succ posture so completely it turns out that the only people who shouldn't feel embarrassed about supporting a candidate in the 2020 primary are the williamson supporters

williamson is also a scold for biden

at least dore as completely abandoned electoralism

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Taintrunner posted:

williamson is also a scold for biden

ah drat didnt know that

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Greenwald talking in Portuguese is so loving adorably goofy that all his subsumed rage must be manifest in English

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

dead gay comedy forums posted:

Greenwald talking in Portuguese is so loving adorably goofy that all his subsumed rage must be manifest in English

for the longest time i thought he was one of those rich german ancenstry brasilian born

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

papa horny michael posted:

I don't understand why people are trying. You simply can't come at Greenwald online. And offline he has a young husband, compound of dogs and a security force of volunteers all ready to defend him with their lives

Glenn loves it when you ask him to show you the neighbors around his massive compound

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/MikeLeePearl/status/1286338685965828096?s=19

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
matt bruenig's good

THS
Sep 15, 2017

it makes me wonder if many of the people arguing for liberal pluralism on the abstract basis of preconditions for free speech (instead of clearly and straightforwardly for their own worldview) do so because they either do not have a coherent worldview, or don’t have a coherent worldview that they feel comfortable expressing openly

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Wait, it's still meltdown may???

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

someone remind me why Andrew Sullivan sucks so hard? I just have a vague sense of him being a war hawk but nothing specific.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

bawfuls posted:

someone remind me why Andrew Sullivan sucks so hard? I just have a vague sense of him being a war hawk but nothing specific.

Asian-Americans, like Jews, are indeed a problem for the “social-justice” brigade. I mean, how on earth have both ethnic groups done so well in such a profoundly racist society? How have bigoted white people allowed these minorities to do so well — even to the point of earning more, on average, than whites? Asian-Americans, for example, have been subject to some of the most brutal oppression, racial hatred, and open discrimination over the years. In the late 19th century, as most worked in hard labor, they were subject to lynchings and violence across the American West and laws that prohibited their employment. They were banned from immigrating to the U.S. in 1924. Japanese-American citizens were forced into internment camps during the Second World War, and subjected to hideous, racist propaganda after Pearl Harbor. Yet, today, Asian-Americans are among the most prosperous, well-educated, and successful ethnic groups in America. What gives? It couldn’t possibly be that they maintained solid two-parent family structures, had social networks that looked after one another, placed enormous emphasis on education and hard work, and thereby turned false, negative stereotypes into true, positive ones, could it?

april of 2017

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Sullivan is so into Race Science I'd not be surprised to learn he carries around a custom made jewel encrusted set of skull calipers.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

self hating gay man who is also majorly racist. this means he’s a brave iconoclast

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

bawfuls posted:

obama read him every day

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

remember when that Naomi LaChance person tried to come at him for the age gap in his relationship with David Miranda, and then outed herself as believing that gay male couples should not raise children?

there's a reason why he was known as Glenzilla in his mainstream blogging days

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

i can't come down too hard on sullivan. sure he's pompous racist pinhead, but we should all recognize that he's an ally on the very important civil rights issue of testosterone supplementation for cis men over 30.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9lXDIBLluM

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
We're now on Day 3:

https://twitter.com/mtaibbi/status/1286390251733360642?s=20

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

put a slide whistle to those number of interactions, they're sinking fast

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Sad that matt t had to melt down just to prove what the wise already knew- that matt b is the best of all matts

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

someone show him this for the Ultimate Mute

https://twitter.com/elivalley/status/1286403685795405830

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
i'm surprised by what a terrible poster taibbi turned out to be. his responses are just terrible. identical style to what graham lineham was doing. bingo sheets, and muting marathons.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

twitter solidarity to fight the menace pisspiggranddad

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/zei_squirrel/status/1286093582793940994

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
https://patrickwyman.substack.com/p/imperial-wars-always-come-home?r=bi90&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=email&utm_source=twitter

a drat good read

corn haver
Mar 28, 2020

Doc Hawkins posted:

i can't come down too hard on sullivan. sure he's pompous racist pinhead, but we should all recognize that he's an ally on the very important civil rights issue of testosterone supplementation for cis men over 30.
2035: sullivan honored by the neo-nobel committee for popularizing the concept of a supplementary "third ball"

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

i need to actually listen to this guys podcast at some point

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
if we're plugging substacks, derek davison's foreign exchanges is pretty decent and covers weirdo fringe topics
more people should read/listen

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Goast posted:

twitter solidarity to fight the menace pisspiggranddad

solidaric is what I would use to describe the turd I just plopped in the toilet

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

i'm surprised by what a terrible poster taibbi turned out to be. his responses are just terrible. identical style to what graham lineham was doing. bingo sheets, and muting marathons.

Gen X has the same problem the Boomers do with the internet but they're too cowardly to even admit it so they just dig deeper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

If you put Don Imus through college he would sound like Thomas Chatterton Williams.