Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Five seconds after making my previous post I went to the bakery right down the street and didn't realize I'd forgotten my mask until I was there. I'm breaking new records for hypocrisy.

I was the only one customer there and the girl behind the counter didn't seem to care, but I still sheepishly apologized

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Mask, gloves, and sanitiser have joined the pantheon of keys, wallet, phone.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I wash my hands before going out, but I don't bring sanitizer with me, or wear gloves.

I do like your coronapunk attitude and outfit. Is coronapunk a thing yet? If we turn it into a fad we can get the kids on board

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

Edit
https://twitter.com/danbtweetz/status/1286280518506553346

nexus6 has a new favorite as of 14:54 on Jul 23, 2020

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I guess that's the end of "Karen" being a useful slang term

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
it stopped being useful ages ago

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Exactly what I'd expect a Karen to say

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Phlegmish posted:

Five seconds after making my previous post I went to the bakery right down the street and didn't realize I'd forgotten my mask until I was there. I'm breaking new records for hypocrisy.

I was the only one customer there and the girl behind the counter didn't seem to care, but I still sheepishly apologized

I keep a mask in the glovebox of my car for this exact reason. I forget stuff like this all the time, so I keep one in my car, in my work bag, and on my nightstand with my wallet. If I didn't have them everywhere I'd be forgetting them basically 24/7.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Soysaucebeast posted:

I keep a mask in the glovebox of my car for this exact reason. I forget stuff like this all the time, so I keep one in my car, in my work bag, and on my nightstand with my wallet. If I didn't have them everywhere I'd be forgetting them basically 24/7.

I use one of those neoprene half-mask construction respirators with the P100 filters and always keep it clipped around my neck when I’m driving because otherwise I will totally forget it on my seat when I get out.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I can solve everybody's problem here and a few problems you didn't know you had. You shouldn't be especially handling your PPE outside of a warm zone donning/doffing station after which you wash your hands. Have a dedicated spot you visit on the way out of your house everytime to get your corona kit and don your mask. It should be out of the way of what you normally do, in a utility room or garage or such. But unmissable on your way out. Visit it every time on the way in and immediately hit the sink right after.

No throwing it in the car seat. No relying on emergency ones squirreled way who knows where gathering who knows what. You do not touch it unless you are at your home station, or on/near a bathroom to wash your hands before eating.

Any protection is good protection so feel free to ignore all of the above as long as you are wearing a mask, but it's important PPE and everybody's outlook increases if you treat it like real PPE.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It sucks rear end that the ear loop makes took off rather than the back headstrap. It's so much easier to put it around my neck for when I'm driving and alone rather than having to futz with putting the whole thing back on around my ears. Way more comfortable too. And easier to wear sunglasses with.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Phlegmish posted:

Five seconds after making my previous post I went to the bakery right down the street and didn't realize I'd forgotten my mask until I was there.
We realized our local mask requirement (not enforced at the time) had gone into effect just as my husband was heading into a restaurant to pick up dinner. I MacGyvered a bandanna mask out of a cleanish microfiber rag in the glove compartment and a paper ribbon. It did the trick for those few minutes, though it looked really silly. We're better prepared now.

Detective No. 27 posted:

It sucks rear end that the ear loop makes took off rather than the back headstrap. It's so much easier to put it around my neck for when I'm driving and alone rather than having to futz with putting the whole thing back on around my ears. Way more comfortable too. And easier to wear sunglasses with.
I've seen some with ear loops and a neck loop specifically for temporarily lowering your mask. But they're pretty rare, and probably not the easiest to Google.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Hirayuki posted:

We realized our local mask requirement (not enforced at the time) had gone into effect just as my husband was heading into a restaurant to pick up dinner. I MacGyvered a bandanna mask out of a cleanish microfiber rag in the glove compartment and a paper ribbon. It did the trick for those few minutes, though it looked really silly. We're better prepared now.

I've seen some with ear loops and a neck loop specifically for temporarily lowering your mask. But they're pretty rare, and probably not the easiest to Google.

Found these earlier

https://www.tombihn.com/collections/facemasks/products/clothmaskv2?variant=32567162306623

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Hey, there they are! Those were the ones. Tom Bihn is a good company--I wouldn't hesitate. (When I saw them, they were sold out.)

SimplyCosmic
May 18, 2004

It could be worse.

Not sure how, but it could be.

The Internet is misunderstanding (partially) this tweet. It's not calling the prior person a "Karen". Karen is the name of the customer service rep who is responding in this case.

Many brands that use the same Twitter handle to do both public posts, as well as customer service responses, will have their customer service person "sign" their tweet so you understand it's coming from an individual, not the brand itself. Basically to help explain why the "voice" of the tweet isn't always the same as the brand's official "voice".

You can confirm this by looking through the other customer service responses on their Twitter page. For example, Brandon here:

https://twitter.com/sainsburys/status/1286417857446912002
Most brands will usually make it clearer by adding a - or ^ in front of the customer service rep's name (eg "- Karen" or "^Brandon").

All that said, it's still a pretty dumb response that could have been worded far better. (eg "We ask that all customers that don't have a medical condition that would prevent them from doing so wear a mask")

SimplyCosmic has a new favorite as of 02:16 on Jul 24, 2020

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

zedprime posted:

No throwing it in the car seat. No relying on emergency ones squirreled way who knows where gathering who knows what. You do not touch it unless you are at your home station, or on/near a bathroom to wash your hands before eating.

The car is my warm zone.

drops mask

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Whole planet's a hot zone, Cloud.

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
No thanks I'll keep my daytime job of not being a racist wife beater but I appreciate the spam.
*rates range from 0%-30% apr!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

A large farva posted:

No thanks I'll keep my daytime job of not being a racist wife beater but I appreciate the spam.

In brightest day, in blackest night
No protester shall escape my sight!

Pasketti
Nov 8, 2017

lick lick lick

poo poo, my husband picked out almost the same band for his wedding ring.
I married a secret cop :ohdear:

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

A large farva posted:

$250 for that? *Ptzhhh*

sees text below button

How do I get in on these get rich quick grifts?

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
cool now i know which finger to cut off first

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

Under what bizarre, hypothetical circumstance does "wear the officer" even make sense? Are there people out there who are already wearing the officer, but want to take it one step further?

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Tobermory posted:

Under what bizarre, hypothetical circumstance does "wear the officer" even make sense? Are there people out there who are already wearing the officer, but want to take it one step further?

Hannibal Lectors escape in Silence of the Lambs.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Tobermory posted:

There's plenty of stolen valor wannabe cops out there, sure

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

If only all wannabe cops took their lessons from Silence of the Lambs instead of becoming security guards and correctional officers

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

WHERE IS MASK FORCE 34 RR THE WORLD WONDERS

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Tobermory posted:

I went to the site and the explanation is pretty boring. That's just how they phrase the blurbs for all their rings.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

A large farva posted:

They look terrible on fingers too.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I’m glad that E.T. found work as a hand model. :shobon:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Weird that their hand models are all white.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ugly rings aside, I think I'm just too, well, manly to wear a ring that says "MANLY" on the inside of it. Seems gauche.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Solice Kirsk posted:

Ugly rings aside, I think I'm just too, well, manly to wear a ring that says "MANLY" on the inside of it. Seems gauche.
My "Definitely not a liberal soyboy cuck" ring is raising questions actually you know what I'll buy six more just in case

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

SimplyCosmic posted:

The Internet is misunderstanding (partially) this tweet. It's not calling the prior person a "Karen". Karen is the name of the customer service rep who is responding in this case.

Oof, that's unfortunate. I still think the company's response is lovely (they continue to explain their milquetoast policy in the replies) but the tone of that tweet changes completely when you read it as someone's name.

Pasketti posted:

I'll be honest, first thing I did was glance down at my ring in horror. Luckily, the color has faded over the years, so it just looks like a silver band. Yay for $100 wedding rings.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Pasketti posted:

Get out of there before he kills you

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
No no, cops don't kill their wives because then that leaves them with nobody to abuse.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Nah, still got their authority to abuse.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Push El Burrito posted:

Weird that their hand models are all white.

They’re all trying to be J.B Pruitt and failing.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Hirayuki posted:

I have a custom mask thread in SA Mart, hit me up. I was going to invite Detective No. 27 but then I realized he already did and that's why he has head strap masks, lol.

Do we have some kind of mask emote? If not we should.

(mods: if this is not allowed feel free to delete)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

I have a custom mask thread in SA Mart, hit me up. I was going to invite Detective No. 27 but then I realized he already did and that's why he has head strap masks, lol.

Do we have some kind of mask emote? If not we should.

(mods: if this is not allowed feel free to delete)

Seems like if it's not allowed then it would be a dumb marketing move and would be thread appropriate. You really got em with a catch 22 here.

Do you make manly masks? Maybe one made out of bear hide and also has harleys printed on it?