Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Travis has big :justpost: energy and it's hard to combat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
In all the jokes about Travis being a narcissist we forget he really really loves attention.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

jokes

Beard Yawn
Apr 11, 2011

You would make a good Dalek.
Travis's OnlyFans rant from the other night was very funny.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

His WHAT

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

https://twitter.com/travismcelroy/status/1286009695497576448

Honestly it's a valid rant.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Yeah I don't get what's funny about it

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Beard Yawn posted:

Travis's OnlyFans

Link????

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Which monster factory was it where Griffin says “Extra, Extra! Read all about it! I’m a hell man!”

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Ariong posted:

Which monster factory was it where Griffin says “Extra, Extra! Read all about it! I’m a hell man!”

I think that's the Bart one

Beard Yawn
Apr 11, 2011

You would make a good Dalek.

Colonel Whitey posted:

Yeah I don't get what's funny about it

Just a classic Travis has to comment on everything moment.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I don’t think that’s a controversial or revelatory statement especially with his fanbase, so it just comes off as a weird nice guy creep thing to do.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Oh okay that's fine I guess. Part of me was worried that it was anti-Onlyfans.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!
I'm sorry this is the thread for complaining about the bad things Travis McElroy has done this week, not the good and cool things Travis McElroy has done this week that you didn't like

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Ariong posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Qo1Aj_leEo&t=689s

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

showbiz_liz posted:

I think that's the Bart one

Yessssss!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

JUSTIN I NEED YOU TO GOOGLE "HOW TO STOP DANCING IN SECOND LIFE"

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

I think the Jim Johnman saga is my current favorite, though I gotta say dark souls 3 hardcore mode might be topping it with the next video

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I thought the first video was great but I didn’t find the actual gameplay one all that funny. Same with the Stang video — once they started playing ball it lost me. LOVE when they play the King’s Game, Ball Chess, though

omg chael crash fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Jul 24, 2020

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
the best overall series imo was second life, black desert online had the best character creation, gameplay for me is a tie between oblivion and fallout 4

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I just about died watching the Stang video when the game benched him

E: gently caress it might be time to start a MF rewatch

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I've managed to slog my way through episode two of TAZ. Travis really needs to learn the trick of never having two DM-played NPCs interact because a DM talking to themselves while the PCs sit there is awful.

The only podcast that does this well is Dragon Friends, where they have an entire co-DM whose job is to play the NPCs and the main DM can step in and play a second NPC when needed, or sometimes they even have a third person step in to play another NPC in the conversation so it's almost never one person conversing with themself.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Fun City also has a co-DM that voices bad guys and miscellaneous roles

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Organza Quiz posted:

The only podcast that does this well is Dragon Friends, where they have an entire co-DM whose job is to play the NPCs and the main DM can step in and play a second NPC when needed, or sometimes they even have a third person step in to play another NPC in the conversation so it's almost never one person conversing with themself.

The best is when Dave steps in to play a character as written and it comes out as an entirely different character from what Ben had been playing.

vlad3217
Jul 26, 2005

beer and cheese?!

yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy!

SpacePig posted:

The best is when Dave steps in to play a character as written and it comes out as an entirely different character from what Ben had been playing.

Or the rare occasion when despite all this Ben ends up talking to himself briefly.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Ben and Dave constantly being at odds with how an NPC is supposed to act is one of the many charms of Dragon Friends.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Ben and Dave constantly being at odds with how an NPC is supposed to act is one of the many charms of Dragon Friends.

"...Awright, cunts???" -Count Strahd Von Zarovich, Lord of Barovia.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Admiral Joeslop posted:

yeah Ben taking over an antagonist and immediately Yes Anding the party's ridiculous bullshit, to dave's great annoyance, is one of the most consistent delights

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Colonel Whitey posted:

I just about died watching the Stang video when the game benched him

E: gently caress it might be time to start a MF rewatch

LET EM PLAY, COACH

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Not Operator posted:

IIRC, they had actually discussed and agreed on a voice for Strahd before the show, and Dave was, like, genuinely angry when Ben throws out "G'day cunts, welcome to me castle!" instead of what he'd done before.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

SpacePig posted:

IIRC, they had actually discussed and agreed on a voice for Strahd before the show, and Dave was, like, genuinely angry when Ben throws out "G'day cunts, welcome to me castle!" instead of what he'd done before.

he was angry because Ben first made the fake-Strahd sound like...either Droopy Dog or Snagglepuss I forgot which iconic Hannah Barbara character and then, when the fake was revealed he said 'oh good so you can maybe give the real Strahd a more fitting voice'.

And then of course, that led to 'G'DAY CUNTS, WELCOME TO ME CASTLE' because of course it did where else would it lead?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

sexpig by night posted:

he was angry because Ben first made the fake-Strahd sound like...either Droopy Dog or Snagglepuss I forgot which iconic Hannah Barbara character and then, when the fake was revealed he said 'oh good so you can maybe give the real Strahd a more fitting voice'.

And then of course, that led to 'G'DAY CUNTS, WELCOME TO ME CASTLE' because of course it did where else would it lead?

I wonder how much Dave thought he would be running a "serious but with jokes" game, when he's got that lineup of people. I could see this being the point he realizes that it's mostly out of his hands and just to roll with it.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Not Operator posted:

lol I think this may have convinced me to listen

Also echoing the previous comments, this week's TAZ was good and got some quality lols out of me! Hope now that we are onto the Actual Plot the pacing will work better. (Also Travis explicitly told them not to split up this time, hooray)

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

How far into the podcast series is Aussie Strahd? I glanced through and it seems he comes up multiple times.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

https://twitter.com/Sawbones/status/1286750336342994944?s=19

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
God drat i wish Vin were really there

God drat

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Is this what I think it is?!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I just want jumanjaniacs back

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I just want jumanjaniacs back

What's that? Google is unhelpful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I wonder how much Dave thought he would be running a "serious but with jokes" game, when he's got that lineup of people. I could see this being the point he realizes that it's mostly out of his hands and just to roll with it.

Especially after they invited Tom Walker and Demi Lardner to play some NPCs.

Dragon Friends good, check it out.