Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

:supaburn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

lol, i think posting that vid all the time is super wack and that tweet still got me. i did a laugh irl. if anyone else is tired of that vid being posted all the time, theuy should still click that tweet.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Not tired of the video yet (YET)

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the original 'look at this dude' is a pepe meme so it's very strange to hear it here all the time.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Cavauro posted:

the original 'look at this dude' is a pepe meme so it's very strange to hear it here all the time.

The original pepe artist was a goon IIRC. If anyone can take back a meme to be used for good instead of evil, it's goons.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/HARASHIMA_DDT/status/1286333034719928320?s=19

HARASHIMA and his tag team partner ten years apart. I'm sure they'll post one in 2030 and HARASHIMA will still look the same.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

AK-47 posted:

https://twitter.com/callmekrisstat/status/1286140834119929857

It's so unfortunate Kris is out for this tournament

they're gonna miss out on all the fun and it sucks but just give them the first major program with whoever wins if stat is back by then (god i hope so)

yea ok posted:

lol, i think posting that vid all the time is super wack and that tweet still got me. i did a laugh irl. if anyone else is tired of that vid being posted all the time, theuy should still click that tweet.

lmao gently caress, that one got me

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
RIP UUDD GM Mode, I guess:

https://twitter.com/XavierWoodsPhD/status/1286352038822137865

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Shoulda gotten Backblaze

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

WWF: Aja Kong's too good. Get rid of her.

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1286481628529750016?s=20

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I heard a similar story where Trish and Lita (I think?) got yelled at backstage for having a match that was too good and was upstaging the male talent.

In the story I heard Jericho was nearby and said that if the male talent didn't want to be upstaged then that was their problem and they should get better, rather than force the women to be worse.

Dunno how true it is though.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

BrigadierSensible posted:

I heard a similar story where Trish and Lita (I think?) got yelled at backstage for having a match that was too good and was upstaging the male talent.

In the story I heard Jericho was nearby and said that if the male talent didn't want to be upstaged then that was their problem and they should get better, rather than force the women to be worse.

Dunno how true it is though.

I think it was Melina and Michelle McCool?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

flashy_mcflash posted:

The original pepe artist was a goon IIRC. If anyone can take back a meme to be used for good instead of evil, it's goons.
It was just a regular 4chan meme for a long time until ~2016 when the /pol/ board said "Hey, I wonder if we can trick people into thinking this is a Nazi symbol" which they did, and then did again with the OK symbol, and basically a bunch of racist things from 4chan started as people saying "I wonder if we can troll people" and then the unironic racists pick it up.

On Twitch Pepe is just a regular meme and has been. You've gotta be pretty plugged into the internet to have even known Pepe was used as a Donald Trump thing.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

CobiWann posted:

I think it was Melina and Michelle McCool?

Yeah, as I recall, the story went that it was Arn Anderson telling them to slow down, saying they were gonna make the boys look bad. And that Jericho was nearby and spoke up, saying "then the boys need to step it up" or words to that effect.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

RealFoxy posted:

It was just a regular 4chan meme for a long time until ~2016 when the /pol/ board said "Hey, I wonder if we can trick people into thinking this is a Nazi symbol" which they did, and then did again with the OK symbol, and basically a bunch of racist things from 4chan started as people saying "I wonder if we can troll people" and then the unironic racists pick it up.

On Twitch Pepe is just a regular meme and has been. You've gotta be pretty plugged into the internet to have even known Pepe was used as a Donald Trump thing.

this post isn't so much a direct response to these quoted posts, but it is about the same topic. i don't have anything against the artist and i knew the history of that character when i mentioned it. It's just that the adam cole meme's origin is making fun of a person with facial deformities and comparing them to that frog character, and that's wild and weird, in part because you're not allowed to post the frog here which i think is a good idea as a rule. i also don't expect anyone knew about the origins of "look at this dude" when posting it here or anything like that. no malice was ever intended for certain. all i wanna say is that life is strange and weird things happen a lot. Sometimes it's interesting to look at them and go, "what the!" or say whatever you want really. anyway I hope you're doing good. You've always seemed pretty cool from where i'm standing

https://twitter.com/therealec3/status/1285920686276575232

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jul 24, 2020

cunny mcalister
Mar 21, 2004
Somehow less than meets the eye.

Because of Aja and that match, I judge kicks to the back on how much the person scoots across the mat. Absolute legend.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Yeah, as I recall, the story went that it was Arn Anderson telling them to slow down, saying they were gonna make the boys look bad. And that Jericho was nearby and spoke up, saying "then the boys need to step it up" or words to that effect.

"Times change." Evidently not fast enough, since we heard about the same kinds of stories happening more than a decade later.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

That match was as good as the commentary was dogshit.

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001
https://twitter.com/MadKing1981/status/1286453168742772736

True king poo poo. Kingston gets a bunch of new followers from the AEW appearance and decides the thing to promote to his new audience is Misawa vs Kawada 6/3/94.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

A Real Horse posted:

That match was as good as the commentary was dogshit.

I vividly remember Mr Perfect trying to heel it up with various "These ladies should stay in the kitchen!" comments, and Vince feebly trying to cover it up with his fake "Ho ho, I don't know about that!" sort-of snake oil salesman tone. If it wasn't this exact match it was definitely around the same time.

Even aside from that nonsense, I thought that Perfect was surprisingly not very good on commentary.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I think it's also regarding McCool/Melina or maybe Beth and someone? But I also recall two women coming up with a neat spot, pitching it, not being allowed to use it, and then the men used the exact same spot later on in the night.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Huntman posted:

I think it's also regarding McCool/Melina or maybe Beth and someone? But I also recall two women coming up with a neat spot, pitching it, not being allowed to use it, and then the men used the exact same spot later on in the night.
This isn't even exclusive to being pulled on the women, there's tons of things other undercard, or even semi main eventers pitching, then end up seeing it done by someone else soon after. If you're in the WWE, you're supposed to talk to Vince but if you you've got an idea he likes and doesn't want to use you, he'll give it to someone else while you stay off TV. So don't talk to Vince?

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Hedgehog Pie posted:

I vividly remember Mr Perfect trying to heel it up with various "These ladies should stay in the kitchen!" comments, and Vince feebly trying to cover it up with his fake "Ho ho, I don't know about that!" sort-of snake oil salesman tone. If it wasn't this exact match it was definitely around the same time.

Even aside from that nonsense, I thought that Perfect was surprisingly not very good on commentary.

Maybe i’m wrong but that’s Lawler and Vince on commentary not Mr Perfect in this match

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

https://mobile.twitter.com/ToBeMiro/status/1286012950633832449
https://mobile.twitter.com/CashWheelerFTR/status/1286521568227725312
https://mobile.twitter.com/CashWheelerFTR/status/1286534585678004224

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Eat My Fuc posted:

Maybe i’m wrong but that’s Lawler and Vince on commentary not Mr Perfect in this match

I just looked it up a bit more, and Perfect did commentary for Aja Kong's Survivor Series match rather than her Raw match, which I thought is what had been linked. :blush:

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

gently caress road dogg and his old fat rear end

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Davros1 posted:

wrong thread

Can't remove images, can you?

It's a bit late, but turns out I can!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Road Dogg deleted his tweets (because he's a coward) what did he say to Cash

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

he replied to miro saying dax was gutless or cowardly not to @ or something and then he just said like 'definitely not' in reply to the quote tweet i think

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

IcePhoenix posted:

They're still up I think he blocked everyone instead lol

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

That reads like Miro was having fun with Cash and the RoadDogg came in to poo poo it up.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
https://twitter.com/RandyOrton/status/1286393302238007298

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I still don’t understand how someone who has repeatedly flown between the US and Japan can’t understand the concept of the curvature of the earth.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

He tried to downplay it by saying he thought it was "interesting" which is how every conspiracy theorist I've ever known likes to describe their interest in their chosen theories.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Yeah it’s the default answer for people who know their beliefs are unpopular because it gives them enough plausible deniability to not be challenged enough to defend them

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Pylons posted:

He tried to downplay it by saying he thought it was "interesting" which is how every conspiracy theorist I've ever known likes to describe their interest in their chosen theories.

Yeah I just think it’s interesting. I think people should make up their own minds. Here are a couple of 2 hour long YouTube videos about it if you have an open mind....

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Yeah I just think it’s interesting. I think people should make up their own minds. Here are a couple of 2 hour long YouTube videos about it if you have an open mind....

I mean, I'm just asking questions here...

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

That is a fantastic hashtag :allears:

And I 100% believe AJ legit thinks the earth is flat despite flying to Japan. He's exactly the type of head-in-the-sand Trumper dumbass that can't think critically to recognize the horizon is curved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Needed 3 more Canadian Destroyers and 5 more superkicks I guess

https://twitter.com/JordynneGrace/status/1286694682655952896