Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Oic, didn't check your posts. Thank you for your service.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Where's the Warcraft 1 remaster???

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Groovelord Neato posted:

Where's the Warcraft 1 remaster???

On GOG. It’s a very authentic experience with no right-click move and needing sidewalks.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Son that aint a remaster.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/warcraft3/23482833/warcraft-iii-reforged-developer-update-ranked-play

quote:

While we’re aiming to release Ranked Play in the coming months, it’s important that we take the time needed to deliver a combination of features that best serves our players and the Warcraft III community.

Just a few more months and the copy/paste of Starcraft 2's ladder will be complete please be patient.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

I wonder how soul crushing it is to be one of the three people they have left working on wc3.

time for a joke
Apr 30, 2004

at least they don't have to deal with going to work in an empty office now

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

FoolyCharged posted:

I wonder how soul crushing it is to be one of the three people they have left working on wc3.

Finally, the HotS team is not the lowest rung on the ladder!

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride
Is there some non-scam site that sells WC3 CD keys? I refunded Reforged but one of but friends didn't and now I can't find my old CD keys so I can load them into Battle net.

The annoying thing is that he does have original keys loaded onto his account, but they're used/useless now.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Pararoid posted:

Is there some non-scam site that sells WC3 CD keys? I refunded Reforged but one of but friends didn't and now I can't find my old CD keys so I can load them into Battle net.

The annoying thing is that he does have original keys loaded onto his account, but they're used/useless now.

Someone probably sells this original battlechest still

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Next Tuesday it'll be exactly 6 months since release and no ladder or clans in sight.

From the February 3 developer update, a week after launch:

quote:

Another area of concern we’re seeing is regarding online features such as leaderboards and clans, which applies to all Warcraft III players, including those who haven’t purchased Reforged. At BlizzCon we talked a lot about how the team is actively working on standing up the back-end to ensure a smooth transition to this new MMR system, much like we did with StarCraft: Remastered. As with Remastered, these and other features will be included in a major patch for Reforged, which will also address the issue for players of the original game. We’ll share release plans as work progresses in the coming weeks—please be assured that the team is hard at work on standing these features up.

Look at how they phrase this poo poo. "Area of concern". As if they didn't know that they would be breaking the game when they decided to push forward with Reforged's launch and deprecated all the online features.

Please don't give Activision money. They string people along with promises about features they removed from the original version while never providing any substantial information on progress.

Also, stop pre-ordering video games. Thanks!

Mahatma-Squid
Nov 22, 2004

One of the last true gentlemen left alive . ';,,,,,,,,;'

Comrayn posted:

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/warcraft3/23482833/warcraft-iii-reforged-developer-update-ranked-play

Just a few more months and the copy/paste of Starcraft 2's ladder will be complete please be patient.

Just a reminder that the W3 Champions ladder is entering its 2nd season now, with grandmaster etc rankings like SC2, will have end of season tournaments starting from this season, live game tracking on the ladder page, new additions to the map pool, and a bunch of other stuff all integrated into the reforged client programmed by one fan and a web designer meanwhile blizzard still seem to be devoting 100% of their effort to getting the footprints correct and promising the features they removed will be added "soon". What a fukken joke.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Mahatma-Squid posted:

Just a reminder that the W3 Champions ladder is entering its 2nd season now, with grandmaster etc rankings like SC2, will have end of season tournaments starting from this season, live game tracking on the ladder page, new additions to the map pool, and a bunch of other stuff all integrated into the reforged client programmed by one fan and a web designer meanwhile blizzard still seem to be devoting 100% of their effort to getting the footprints correct and promising the features they removed will be added "soon". What a fukken joke.

I have a hunch from this thread that most goons are mad at blizzard for not implementing the ladder, but also do not want to install W3Champions and lose 80% of their games against actual competent players. I think the goons want the blizzard ladder and all its helpless scrubs to play against or nothing at all.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

The World Inferno posted:

I was bummed Reforged ended up being a trashfire, as I was looking forward to a nostalgia dive into making a custom campaign I'd mapped out years ago with it.

...but instead, I went a bit further back and found out there's actually a small community still rocking Warcraft II. Cut to a month later, and I've released the first four of sixteen levels of a custom WC2 campaign I'm calling "Return to the Storm". Turns out folks have figured out how to hack the computer ai, graphics, and core code to customize a lot more than the default editor allowed.

If anyone still has a computer running Windows 7 you can play it at the link below. There's a fan release of Warcraft II called WarCombat you can use to play this with.

Information & Download
http://war2usa.com/index.php/forums/topic/return-to-the-storm-custom-campaign/

Certainly a niche hobby, but I think this is my version of airplane models. If someone else enjoys playing it, just an added benefit. Maybe someone here will get a kick out of it.

I still love war2, I'm gonna have to check this out. loving cool.

I'd say we should have a war2 thread but there's probably not enough interest :smith:

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Elephunk posted:

I have a hunch from this thread that most goons are mad at blizzard for not implementing the ladder, but also do not want to install W3Champions and lose 80% of their games against actual competent players. I think the goons want the blizzard ladder and all its helpless scrubs to play against or nothing at all.

or yknow people are pissed that blizz charged money to gently caress the game up and still hasn't even restored features that were in the game a year ago

Amnomia
Jun 12, 2003

Herstory Begins Now posted:

or yknow people are pissed that blizz charged money to gently caress the game up and still hasn't even restored features that were in the game a year ago

video game 3 remade is bad lol

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
To be fair to Blizzard, they do have a bunch of morons still giving them money.

Amnomia
Jun 12, 2003

Im_Special posted:

To be fair to Blizzard, they do have a bunch of morons still giving them money.

not me, OP. i havent been scammed by blizzard since "battle for azeroth."

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
It was me, I bought Diablo III: Eternal Collection for Switch. I'm sorry.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
The Activision-Blizzard company is not happy with me--that's okay, I'll still keep buying that garbage.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I like blizzard still and their dumb games and I don’t mind buying them.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

chaosapiant posted:

I like blizzard still and their dumb games and I don’t mind buying them.

They haven't released a good game in 17 years.

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

Someone probably sells this original battlechest still

Yeah, I guess I was just a bit concerned the keys could have already been redeemed if I just find an old physical copy.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Pararoid posted:

Yeah, I guess I was just a bit concerned the keys could have already been redeemed if I just find an old physical copy.

If you're running an old copy to avoid the forced update, the key being used doesn't matter because you can't go near bnet for it being duped to matter.

E: oh, derp. You do want bnet and I cant read

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Groovelord Neato posted:

They haven't released a good game in 17 years.

Nah it’s fine, their games are good and I enjoy them.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
My god he's got Stormwind Syndrome

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

chaosapiant posted:

You poor dear.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Warcraft and the old paintball mode getting a shoutout in a major media outlet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7T6__UbhBI&t=9930s

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

chaosapiant posted:

Name them.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
Let's not go down this route. Let people enjoy things they enjoy. Don't be jerks about it.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Pragmatica posted:

Let's not go down this route. Let people enjoy things they enjoy. Don't be jerks about it.

People should absolutely be mocked for enjoying Blizzard's post wc3 output. Though I think they're taking us aboard their ruse cruise.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

People should absolutely be mocked for enjoying Blizzard's post wc3 output. Though I think they're taking us aboard their ruse cruise.

Eh, sc2 was pretty solid if you ignored the plot. It had a pretty in depth campaign for an rts.

The expansions being full price since they were "stand alone" was a giant rip off though. I wonder how many people bought just one expansion and not the base game.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Groovelord Neato posted:

karazhan was a fun raid and i will die on this hill

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Groovelord Neato posted:

Hearthstone was fun when it came out. Diablo 3 adventure mode was fun for a brief period. Wings of Liberty multiplayer was fun.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Heroes of the Storm wasn't awful. From what I've seen of Lord of the Clans, we could've had something good there as well.

McSlaughter
Sep 12, 2013

"Kill white people and get paid for it? What's not to like?"
I think it says something that Warcraft 3: Reforged is so bad that there isn't even an actual thread for it, and instead all the radioactive waste flows downstream to what was once a pristine ecosystem reserved for the preservation of a blockbuster relic's derelict yet diverse and unique microcosm, now totally ruined beyond repair in the aftermath of this irradiated nuclear crater that remains.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

Hearthstone was fun when it came out. Diablo 3 adventure mode was fun for a brief period. Wings of Liberty multiplayer was fun.

SC2 multiplayer was fine but it was way worse than Brood War. i'm not a card game guy so can't comment. Diablo 3 was easily my biggest video game sequel disappointment ever.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

SC2 co-op basically saved the game as a casual thing that most people really play that often. It's a wonder it took them so long to come up with it when people have been running low-stakes comp stomps in Starcraft since 1997. Cooperative is free of the APM emphasis and build order optimization stuff that doesn't interest most people.

The single player is also not bad gameplay-wise either.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Sodomy Hussein posted:

SC2 co-op basically saved the game as a casual thing that most people really play that often. It's a wonder it took them so long to come up with it when people have been running low-stakes comp stomps in Starcraft since 1997. Cooperative is free of the APM emphasis and build order optimization stuff that doesn't interest most people.

The single player is also not bad gameplay-wise either.

Yeah, I like to run through the SC2 single player campaigns now and then. The story is garbo but they do a lot of fun stuff with the mission design to keep it interesting. Unless they ever make a good starship troopers game, SC2 is the best thing I have to scratch the men shooting at bugs itch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Diablo 3 is a fine Switch game, gets old faster on the PC, possibly because it's easier, mechanically.