Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

I have never before seen such a well structured description of spending time on twitter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
sometimes i get into arguments with them. just a couple days ago i was involved in TWO separate arguments. i know. absolute madman.

well the one guy said 'masks are dangerous' and i just couldn't

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

I'm still at the "scream at the idiots in the belief that I'm making some small difference to the world" stage.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

What game is this?

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Trapperkeeper 1.7.8

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
Awesome.

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

What’s that gif from? He looks like a Fallout ghoul :D

mind the walrus posted:

The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension, a movie that makes perfect sense if you're a very particular type of nerd and would probably have done way better if it came out in the 2010s:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdanCNK4ayo

Scratch Monkey posted:

He's John Big Booty, a red lectroid from planet 10. Played by Christopher Lloyd
Brilliant movie with some really good (and some half-decent) names

- Peter Weller as Dr. Buckaroo Banzai, nuclear physicist, brain surgeon and rock-star.
- John Lithgow as Dr. Emilio Lizardo / Lord John Whorfin,, nuclear physicist, incarcerated at the Trenton Home for the Criminally Insane in 1938
- Ellen Barkin as Penny Priddy / Anne Banzai
- Jeff Goldblum as Dr. Sidney Zweibel / New Jersey, surgeon, band member and uh... Band member.
- Christopher Lloyd as John Bigbooté, alien (bad)
- Carl Lumbly as John Parker, alien (good)
- Vincent Schiavelli as John O'Connor, alien (bad)
- Matt Clark as Secretary of Defense McKinley
- Jonathan Banks (Mike from Breaking bad), Lizardo Hospital Guard.

Watch it.

quote:

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy...

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

You forgot a very young Clancy Brown as Rawhide.

Man, seeing that movie in theaters was a trip. I spent the first thirty minutes going :wtf: and the rest going :laffo:

Anyone who hasn't seen it, watch it now. Don't read about it. It's best experienced blind. And it does still hold up very well. It's one of those movies like Repo Man that you see new things every time you watch it, no matter how many times you've seen it before. (and it has one of the best end credits themes ever)

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Is it too late for swear as a kid chat? My English teacher was perfectly fine with us using swears in our papers or otherwise but they had to be in proper English. At one point someone had written "Bjørn Johan (his name) has a big rear end" on the blackboard. He pretended to get furious and chastised us for such poor manners. Then he corrected it to "has a big arse."
It's why I have a tendency to use words like feck and shite.

Anyway.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Helmet respects helmet

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

The Doors of Reception by Aloss Huxley

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Unkempt posted:

The Doors of Reception by Aloss Huxley

:laffo:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/Ogldqvj.gifv

2020 in a nutshell

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

volts5000 posted:

Imagine watching The Avengers, but you've never saw the previous movies and have never even heard of Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk, etc. It's that insane and it's an amazing experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNbJb1NEGUk

Non-ironically, my first experience of Buckaroo Banzai was the Marvel Comics two-part limited series adapting the movie, that my dad managed to find somewhere and bought for me. I had never heard of the movie before that, I don't think anyone else had heard of the movie, and I only saw it like thirty years later.

The movie was better.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Doctor Zero posted:

(and it has one of the best end credits themes ever)

That was also the inspiration for the end sequence in The Life Aquatic (also starring Jeff Goldblum)

https://youtu.be/MA3jRCX14cQ

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
https://i.imgur.com/EgbUcSq.mp4

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Christians know they don't have the authority to drat people, right?

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Someone needs to tell her to stop backseat godding.

:haw:

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

by Pragmatica

here's hoping

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/SignsFun/status/1286304993323241472

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Lodin posted:

Is it too late for swear as a kid chat? My English teacher was perfectly fine with us using swears in our papers or otherwise but they had to be in proper English. At one point someone had written "Bjørn Johan (his name) has a big rear end" on the blackboard. He pretended to get furious and chastised us for such poor manners. Then he corrected it to "has a big arse."
It's why I have a tendency to use words like feck and shite.

While I only been saying "feck" because I've been watching alot of Irish Streamers.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

This is amazing! America is amazing!

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
At first I thought she was trying to keep people away from condoms, but then she was saying 'back off until I buy something' so maybe she's just enforcing social distancing very strangely?

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

Elfface posted:

At first I thought she was trying to keep people away from condoms, but then she was saying 'back off until I buy something' so maybe she's just enforcing social distancing very strangely?

If she was concerned about social distancing, seems like she'd be wearing a mask

and over here both of those things are "political statements"

gently caress this country

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

How do these people not get routinely clocked? Pale Grimace looking blob cornering people and yelling plague in their faces. loving master race.

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

by Pragmatica

Cocaine Bear posted:

How do these people not get routinely clocked? Pale Grimace looking blob cornering people and yelling plague in their faces. loving master race.

most people don't like hurting other humans, Cocaine Bear

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Cocaine Bear posted:

I think at this point the only thing keeping them safe from getting punched is the knowledge that doing so would probably get whoever did it infected with COVID. Because they sure as hell are gonna have it before long.

Piss Meridian posted:

most people don't like hurting other humans, Cocaine Bear

If someone's gonna go round screaming in random people's faces and belittle them out of an artificial sense of superiority, sooner or later they're gonna get knocked on their rear end and make a bigger mess of things.

Neddy Seagoon has a new favorite as of 14:45 on Jul 24, 2020

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

No one wants to tangle with a crazy person over dumb bull poo poo like waiting an extra 5 min to buy toothpaste or whatever. On a personal level you can get pretty hosed up in even a simple fight. On a legal level it’s just a giant loving headache even if the other person totally deserves it.

Tell the store let them trespass the idiot off their property and if the place is constantly overrun with that bullshit find a new Target.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Cocaine Bear posted:

There's really no positive outcome available from throwing hands with a large crazy woman yammering about jesus

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Cocaine Bear posted:

They might have guns.

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

I'm waiting for the day my mom ends up as one of these videos :sigh:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/C8nQhDv.gifv

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

I wish I had the skills to change that ship to the lusitania.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

ultrafilter posted:

They might have guns.

Oh, right. I keep forgetting that you're allowed to just blast someone if they look at you wrong. Sorry bout your country, stay safe, and away from my stash.

E content

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Cable Guy posted:

Awesome.

Brilliant movie with some really good (and some half-decent) names

- Peter Weller as Dr. Buckaroo Banzai, nuclear physicist, brain surgeon and rock-star.
- John Lithgow as Dr. Emilio Lizardo / Lord John Whorfin,, nuclear physicist, incarcerated at the Trenton Home for the Criminally Insane in 1938
- Ellen Barkin as Penny Priddy / Anne Banzai
- Jeff Goldblum as Dr. Sidney Zweibel / New Jersey, surgeon, band member and uh... Band member.
- Christopher Lloyd as John Bigbooté, alien (bad)
- Carl Lumbly as John Parker, alien (good)
- Vincent Schiavelli as John O'Connor, alien (bad)
- Matt Clark as Secretary of Defense McKinley
- Jonathan Banks (Mike from Breaking bad), Lizardo Hospital Guard.

Watch it.

just watched it last night. It's awesome and hilarious. I will add John Small Berries to your list of names. And I wish I could be Perfect Tommy

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Cocaine Bear posted:

They'd probably get sued into oblivion, even if the person who laid hands on someone like that was 100% justified.

Oddhair
Mar 21, 2004

I mean, I'm not trying to sound tough but if someone without a mask wants to get in your face I'd think that's like the niche for which pepper spray was invented. Throwing hands sucks, but I must admit in this particular instance if I was a nearby shopper I'd just break out of there, not get involved and need to make a police report. Life is too short for that BS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Pepper spraying someone indoors with a bunch of people around is probably going to do more harm than good. The avoidance idea is better.