Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
it’s fancy leather with a completely different appearance and texture, gently caress you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

MysteriousStranger posted:

It's pretty open there, just like the slaves building everything housed in shipping containers. They don't really try to hide it at all. If you go to places like Africa or the ME, they straight up don't give a gently caress.

Wasn't there a recent story about a bunch of Saudi tropps doing training in the US that were kicked out of the country after they were all caught with tons of CP?

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Dr. Killjoy posted:

paying money for a sex worker and heading to the hotel only to discover you've been conned into going to a timeshare presentation

been going through Qanon red shoe memes and there's no consistency between them being leather or suede. pick one dinguses!

I completely forgot about the red shoe thing! They really do use every part of the child, can't say it's not ecological.

Hooplah posted:

suede is leather :mrgw:

but yeah this

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
This red shoe thing doesn't implicate any of our favorites, does it?

I'm thinking someone like Tom Hanks or even, dare I say it, David Duchovny?

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Elderbean posted:

When I was in Bahrain I encountered something out in the open. There was a bar that was serviced entirely by eastern european women who would give you a dance if you "bought" a Lei from them. After the lei, they'd ask you to "buy" increasingly expensive objects for more "dances" A lot of guys on my ship went there.

my sister was in the Navy and served part of her tour in Bahrain, she said that prostitution is pretty out-in-the-open over there but during Ramadan they chase the prostitutes out of the country on pain of death, then welcome them back afterword

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/evanchill/status/1286513105170845697?s=21

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

feeling like if we don't see them today we never will

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Horseshoe theory posted:

Wasn't there a recent story about a bunch of Saudi tropps doing training in the US that were kicked out of the country after they were all caught with tons of CP?

Yes.

Filthy Hans posted:

my sister was in the Navy and served part of her tour in Bahrain, she said that prostitution is pretty out-in-the-open over there but during Ramadan they chase the prostitutes out of the country on pain of death, then welcome them back afterword

That's pretty much the case all over the area. There's also a much darker underground market.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

that’s not confirmation, that’s him saying he believes.

now there’s two ways to take that. either he did have the appropriate intelligence to know for sure but is hedging so he doesn’t get in trouble, or he didn’t have the appropriate intelligence and is just bullshitting.

neither of those outcomes is very appealing about what they say about our government, but also, the prospect of UFOs themselves are unappealing. something something Fermi paradox something something any alien advanced enough to reach us is also advanced enough to turn us to paste

however all this being said I saw a tweet this morning discussing how UFO conspiracies are probably encouraged by the government to serve as publicity cover for what they actually do, which is testing advanced stealth planes and recon technologies.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

10-15 years ago confirmation of UFOs would probably make a bigger splash, hell I'd have been giddy about it. Now we've all got much bigger fish to fry lol

Maybe the aliens are just watching the apes self destruct

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

Any alien advanced enough to reach us is also advanced enough not to loving crash.

That said, I'm not ready for Dark Posadism.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Organic Lube User posted:

Any alien advanced enough to reach us is also advanced enough not to loving crash.

You're in the Epstein thread and you're still assuming that power necessitates competence?

nut
Jul 30, 2019

I long ago decided that ufos as aliens are just cover for military tech projects. I dunno if that’s right but its a belief based on massive distrust in military agencies which is def right :hai:

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

maybe they were driving drunk

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

nope aliens definitely not getting involved in any of this they are just sending probes and casually waiting for humanities imminent extinction

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
the NAVY copped to UFO’s existing and put out documentation to back it up like 2-3 years ago and it was barely a blip on the radar. people don’t even believe in COVID here on Earth who gives a gently caress about aliens LMAO

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

nut posted:

I long ago decided that ufos as aliens are just cover for military tech projects. I dunno if that’s right but its a belief based on massive distrust in military agencies which is def right :hai:

Oh yeah it's for sure this. A lot of early ufo reports turned out to be things like F-117 or B-2 tests

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
the truth is that any alien capable of interdimensional travel would view Earth and its inhabitants the way you or I view a busy anthill or a monkey jacking itself off with poop for lube.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Lightning Knight posted:

however all this being said I saw a tweet this morning discussing how UFO conspiracies are probably encouraged by the government to serve as publicity cover for what they actually do, which is testing advanced stealth planes and recon technologies.

i just had a galaxy brained thought that the reason why we've stopped getting so many UFO spottings in the 21st century is because military aviation development has taken such a gigantic poo poo after the F-22 and the F-35 that nothing interesting is flying anymore

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Bust Rodd posted:

the truth is that any alien capable of interdimensional travel would view Earth and its inhabitants the way you or I view a busy anthill or a monkey jacking itself off with poop for lube.

envy?

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

gradenko_2000 posted:

i just had a galaxy brained thought that the reason why we've stopped getting so many UFO spottings in the 21st century is because military aviation development has taken such a gigantic poo poo after the F-22 and the F-35 that nothing interesting is flying anymore

The f22... the greatest, most capable jet plane ever flown, is not interesting?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

500excf type r posted:

fighter pilots make headlines

bomber pilots make history

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Darth Walrus posted:

You're in the Epstein thread and you're still assuming that power necessitates competence?

Odds are the only aliens dumb enough to skim by here are the rich failsons of the galaxy, so no reason to rule out crashes. Anyone organised would have reached out formally or invaded by now. We're the Aztecs and they're the Spanish.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

E wrong thread

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe

gradenko_2000 posted:

Actually, UFO reports, pictures, and videos have been steadily increasing for the past decade or so. No one outside of a handful of MUFON weirdos and some 90's kids like me and Tom DeLonge who grew up on Sightings and the X-Files gives a poo poo.

UFOlogy is moving past "nuts and bolts" theory popular with engineers and scientists like Stanton Friedman, in which UFOs are physical machines piloted by biological entities, and into weirder territory, ranging from the archetypal grey aliens being vat grown biological androids remotely controlled by other aliens elsewhere to aliens themselves being extradimentional entities that can only filter into this dimension with great effort and are responsible for everything ranging from fae stories to shadow people, all with the world's most tenuous evidence to back it up.

It's just that these days a global cabal of pedophile elites is more relevant, realistic, and has far more and stronger evidence for existing, the world is literally and figuratively in fire, and fascists are disappearing people in the streets, and all of that kind of sucks the air out of interest in the paranormal.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Bust Rodd posted:

True, but to be fair, if you and your friends were driving across a vast endless featureless desert for decades, and you happened upon an oasis with an anthill or a monkey jacking itself off with poop for lube, you would 100% at least swing by to have a look.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I saw a full hour long alien autopsy on fox prime time and I believe it!

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe
One of my favorite kooky alien ideas is that the genetically engineered humans, but forgot to program in an estrus period, so instead of being in heat once or twice a year, we're horny all the time, and that's why there is so many of us. That's also why any alien that comes to Earth can loving GET. IT.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

500excf type r posted:

Hnngh jerkin off over plane culture. It's just so great and capable

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Planes are pretty cool tbh. Though my favorite is the A-10

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Clearly the best plane is the Po-2 biplane. The only metal songs about biplanes are about the red baron and the night witches. night witches > red baron, although hilariously he'd have had an easier time engaging them than 109s did.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Bust Rodd posted:

the NAVY copped to UFO’s existing and put out documentation to back it up like 2-3 years ago and it was barely a blip on the radar. people don’t even believe in COVID here on Earth who gives a gently caress about aliens LMAO

There's a huge issue on the religious right that aliens cannot and must not exist because if aliens do exist that blows a giant loving hole in what angels could be, humanity being the most important thing and in gods image, and would tear down the Christian faith and wreck it in public. It would also blow holes in "that crap is all really just demons and angels so you have to do what we see with your sexy parts or demons will get you, and we must be in charge" logic which means more to them than anything.

We're sitting on a powder keg where people are willing to destroy the country and throw us all back into the stone age for Jesus so Christianity can control culture and social policy again. Introducing "there's poo poo in the sky, it's not from this world, and it's better than us" is really going to cause poo poo.

There's no real way to deal with Aliens and the greater population as long as religion, specifically Abrahamic religions exist at all.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

I believed in aliens pretty fervently until the pentagon confirmed those videos were true and now im convinced it was all a psyop.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Reminder that the Manhattan Project cost relative peanuts and that the SR-71 and B-2 were developed with slide rules and primitive computers; those ridiculous UFOs the US Navy admitted to existing a few years ago certainly don't need to have been alien technology, and if American defense contractors really are finding advanced composite materials beyond their ability to manufacture it's probably advanced Chinesium.

Companies like Space X are employing the dregs, the best and brightest physicists are working in academia or on poo poo you're not allowed to know about.

Wheeee has issued a correction as of 17:06 on Jul 24, 2020

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
imagine crossing the vast void of outer space on a courageous adventure to this lovely planet only to crash and have dipshit monkeys try to figure out how to turn your remnants into some kind of gun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jo3F29JSfs

HELLO LADIES
Feb 15, 2008
:3 -$5 :3

There's no real way to deal with Aliens and the greater population as long as religion, specifically Abrahamic religions exist at all.

This trope is racist, anti-Semitic, Islamophobic poo poo. Judaism, Islam, and other "Abrahamic" religions (Baha'i is the big one, but there are others) are not threatened by this poo poo. You mean white, American Evangelical Protestantism. Stop mindlessly repeating terms that you cannot actually delineate or contextualize.

If you're spewing this crap after long disgressions in this very thread that display blatant ignorance of very basic biology and physics, some of which has been established for centuries if not millennia, all done in an atheist/agnostic paradigm (horny/bored aliens as opposed to gods), I sympathize with whatever your church or religious community did to you as a kid, but you really need to get some perspective, or just stop trying to sound smarter and more informed than you actually are.

People ITT cannot actually cope with the fact that male pedos are vastly more prevalent than female pedos, always have been, and because of several innate biological sex differences, always will be. Stop confusing "religion" and willful indulgence of magical thinking in the face of science with ethnic politics. You are just giving cover to a bunch of racists.

HELLO LADIES has issued a correction as of 17:28 on Jul 24, 2020

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

There's a huge issue on the religious right that aliens cannot and must not exist because if aliens do exist that blows a giant loving hole in what angels could be, humanity being the most important thing and in gods image, and would tear down the Christian faith and wreck it in public. It would also blow holes in "that crap is all really just demons and angels so you have to do what we see with your sexy parts or demons will get you, and we must be in charge" logic which means more to them than anything.

how does the existence of aliens refute Christianity. I know the Catholics have already had debates about how first contact should be approached, and how to evangelize the greys.

quote:

Vatican astronomer says if aliens exist, they may not need redemption
CATHOLIC REVIEWJANUARY 19, 2012
VATICAN CITY – If aliens exist, they may be a different life form that does not need Christ’s redemption, the Vatican’s chief astronomer said.

Jesuit Father Jose Funes, director of the Vatican Observatory, said Christians should consider alien life as an “extraterrestrial brother” and a part of God’s creation.

Father Funes, an Argentine named to his position by Pope Benedict XVI in 2006, made the remarks in an interview published May 13 by the Vatican newspaper, L’Osservatore Romano.

Father Funes said it was difficult to exclude the possibility that other intelligent life exists in the universe, and he noted that one field of astronomy is now actively seeking “biomarkers” in spectrum analysis of other stars and planets.
https://www.archbalt.org/vatican-astronomer-says-if-aliens-exist-they-may-not-need-redemption/

quote:

Byrd Pinkerton
What would it mean for Catholicism for us to discover intelligent life elsewhere?

Guy Consolmagno
You know, we’ve already got [parts of scripture] that say that we’re not the only intelligent things made by God. That’s already built into the system.

You’ve got marvelous places [in the Bible] where a farmer talks about the stars shouting for joy at their creator.

We don’t know what we’re talking about. And as long as we realize that it’s fun to hypothesize, it’s fun to have fun with the ideas.
https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2019/7/19/20698391/vatican-astronomer-guy-consolmagno-meteorites-intelligent-life-galileo-religion

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Atrocious Joe posted:

how does the existence of aliens refute Christianity. I know the Catholics have already had debates about how first contact should be approached, and how to evangelize the greys.

i think what he means is that it refutes christianity in practice rather than the theology

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

HELLO LADIES posted:

This trope is racist, anti-Semitic, Islamophobic poo poo. Judaism, Islam, and other "Abrahamic" religions (Baha'i is the big one, but there are others) are not threatened by this poo poo. You mean white, American Evangelical Protestantism. Stop mindlessly repeating terms that you cannot actually delineate or contextualize.

If you're spewing this crap after long disgressions in this very thread that display blatant ignorance of very basic biology and physics, some of which has been established for centuries if not millennia, all done in an atheist/agnostic paradigm (horny/bored aliens as opposed to gods), I sympathize with whatever your church or religious community did to you as a kid, but you really need to get some perspective, or just stop trying to sound smarter and more informed than you actually are.

People ITT cannot actually cope with the fact that male pedos are vastly more prevalent than female pedos, always have been, and because of several innate biological sex differences, always will be. Stop confusing "religion" and willful indulgence of magical thinking in the face of science with ethnic politics. You are just giving cover to a bunch of racists.

I'm talking about fundamentalists of all stripes among those religions. If you think fundies in Saudi are going to handle this any better than fundies in the USA you're out of your mind.

But hey, nice meltdown, I'll take a coke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
wait uh what is the :biotruths: about pedos being dudes?