Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Boris Johnson's failure to shelter the NHS from US interests – A clause in the government’s trade bill to protect the health service was rejected this week, intensifying fears it could be sold off to US healthcare firms"

Telegraph:

Brexit negotiations have not broken down, say No 10 sources

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Boris Johnson praises 'sheer might' of UK as he heads to Scotland

Evening Standard:

Antisemitism settlement plunges Labour party into civil war

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

e:

https://twitter.com/elivalley/status/1286403685795405830

SneezeOfTheDecade fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Jul 24, 2020

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem

I know everyone was joking about it after that last one about racist food but did Lester like legit have a stroke or something

The art was always bad but holy poo poo it keeps degrading

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

...ok, good?

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on
Holy poo poo what a loving baby. Yeah sorry going to the store is just SUCH A HASSLE for you now.

Those guidelines are so ridiculously easy to follow I sometimes can't believe people are bitching this much about it. And this isn't even like a full quarantine, it's like baby's first quarantine and I guess that's why they're acting that way.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Rowe:

Leak, Son of Leak:

I think this is meant to be about how stimulus might seem great now but your kids will be paying off all that debt, rather than that ungrateful Gen Alpha doing a dummy spit.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

You weren't saying anything with your words before this so losing them makes literally no difference you doorknob licker.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

endlessmonotony posted:

You weren't saying anything with your words before this so losing them makes literally no difference you doorknob licker.

Winslow should have just said "No one wants to hear it."

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

"Sexual assault allegations are just cover to smear good, upstanding conservatives!" - Conservative Wife Beater Michael Lester.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

"Sexual assault allegations are just cover to smear good, upstanding conservatives!" - Conservative Wife Beater Michael Lester.
I figure it's more like, deep inside they regard that as the normal and proper relationship between men and women.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

UZworm posted:

I know everyone was joking about it after that last one about racist food but did Lester like legit have a stroke or something

The art was always bad but holy poo poo it keeps degrading

Love to read my newspaper that nearly reaches the ceiling

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

[quote="SneezeOfTheDecade" post=""506729415”"]

[/quote]

I am a broken person, and Sherman’s reaction to everything being “let’s set it on fire” got a chuckle out of me.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem

skeleton warrior posted:

I am a broken person, and Sherman’s reaction to everything being “let’s set it on fire” got a chuckle out of me.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

skeleton warrior posted:

Yeah, it's a really funny character bit that's unfortunately let down by a weak-rear end punchline.

"Just finishing what I started" could have been a bit punchier.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

First Dog on the Moon: 'Meet' the now officially extinct smooth handfish

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Nevada is rapidly losing all its accumulated budget deficit? Looks like what Ramirez would call a good thing.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall:

Ted Rall posted:

George W. Bush never would have been able to go to war against Iraq if Joe Biden hadn’t gathered the necessary Democratic votes to support him. Biden has never apologized. He simply makes excuses and would probably do the same exact thing again. Should we elect such a man to the presidency?

Tags: 2020 presidential campaign, beside that, Casualties, Crazy, Iraq, Joe Biden, Militarism, million, pacifism, War

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

So is Rall actively trying to push Russian propaganda talking points, now that he's working for Sputnik? Or did he get hired by Sputnik because his independent output was indistinguishable from Russian talking points, and he's too broke-brained to notice?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Tobermory posted:

So is Rall actively trying to push Russian propaganda talking points, now that he's working for Sputnik? Or did he get hired by Sputnik because his independent output was indistinguishable from Russian talking points, and he's too broke-brained to notice?

It's still the former, I think - though over time propagandists usually have trouble separating themselves from their talking points. Still, Rall's produced a variety of other written material in line with their issue frames, e.g., etc. That suggests there's likely a deliberate element to it.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Jul 24, 2020

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
Useful idiot or active accessory?

That is the question, yes, and has been for some time.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
I mean, as far as reasons to not vote for a candidate go, voting for an unnecessary war that killed hundreds of thousands of civilians is pretty solid

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Not deepthroating imperialism is spoopy Roosky

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Trapezium Dave posted:

First Dog on the Moon: 'Meet' the now officially extinct smooth handfish

I didn't realize there was a type of species we hadn't figured out how to destroy yet. Another sad milestone in the capitalist carnist war against animals.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Somfin posted:

I mean, as far as reasons to not vote for a candidate go, voting for an unnecessary war that killed hundreds of thousands of civilians is pretty solid

But on the other hand, at least Biden's war and six figure body count weren't both inflicted on the people who voted for him.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I feel Rall would have more of a point if he was going to suggest an alternative option.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Hunt11 posted:

I feel Rall would have more of a point if he was going to suggest an alternative option.

that's the beauty of America -- there isn't one!

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Jedit posted:

But on the other hand, at least Biden's war and six figure body count weren't both inflicted on the people who voted for him.

I don't see any way that isn't even worse.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

poo poo I guess we have to vote for Trump then.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Hunt11 posted:

I mean I think his alternative of 'just let Trump be president again' is pretty clear, after all he's just responsible for mass civilian deaths in Yemen which isn't called Iraq and thus doesn't count.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Faustian Bargain posted:

poo poo I guess we have to vote for Trump then.

or you can vote for Kanye West, it's a totally reasonabI can't finish this sentence

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Joe Biden has trouble speaking is an awful argument when you're trying to boost Trump, who can't even get through a single thought before going on some weird tangent.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Faustian Bargain posted:

Joe Biden has trouble speaking is an awful argument when you're trying to boost Trump, who can't even get through a single thought before going on some weird tangent.

Doesn't Biden have a stutter or something, which actually makes it hard for him to speak?

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind
Though the wind won't help you fly at all

Ladies and gentlemen, the party of entrepreneurship

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Oh my god shut the gently caress up it's about not treating other humans like they exist only to please you personally

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

This one's pretty disingenuous, because it's pretty easy to be happy about both. Which is the case.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Why can't Carmen stop saying the "N" word?

Fishman only needs a DUI and the transformation is complete.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Love how all the conservative commentators are suddenly really focused on cancel culture in the middle of a depression, plague, and widespread revolt