Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megera
Sep 9, 2008
Fart on them, it's less harmful than being maskless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Assholes and chuds rely on most people being more decent than them, that's all there is to it. They know that they are horrible, and bank on you not being poo poo enough to assault them.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ignite Memories posted:

Christians know they don't have the authority to drat people, right?

Seriouspost: who exactly do you think damns people? "God"? :smugmrgw:

e: funny picture:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

They'd probably get sued into oblivion, even if the person who laid hands on someone like that was 100% justified.

That's why you make sure not to leave em alive.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Ah, the wisdom of the Far East

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Doctor Zero posted:

You forgot a very young Clancy Brown as Rawhide.

:gowron:

Alright, internet. I'm in on this hot mess of a movie. :hellyeah:

Edit: I love it already on the trailer alone. It's an antidote for the self-serious, overly-expository, bloated, dumb poo poo trailers we're getting these days. It's a trailer that says, "I'm not telling you dick about this movie. I'm just going to show you about of rad poo poo with no context and gently caress you if you aren't cool enough to come see it." :c00lbert:

Railing Kill has a new favorite as of 18:06 on Jul 24, 2020

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Seriouspost: who exactly do you think damns people? "God"? :smugmrgw:

e: funny picture:

:kimchi:

speaking of cute/funny baby expressions, a classic:

https://i.gifer.com/F2lm.mp4

e: something I never noticed before: that car seat appears to be facing in the direction of travel :nono:

Son of Thunderbeast has a new favorite as of 18:20 on Jul 24, 2020

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

Maybe the car is driving backwards :colbert:

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

e: something I never noticed before: that car seat appears to be facing in the direction of travel :nono:

That was standard at the time the video was recorded.

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT

Railing Kill posted:

I'm just going to show you about of rad poo poo with no context

man I hate when they put the whole movie in the trailer

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Doctor Zero posted:

Man, seeing that movie in theaters was a trip. I spent the first thirty minutes going :wtf: and the rest going :laffo:

Anyone who hasn't seen it, watch it now. Don't read about it. It's best experienced blind.

I love the movie so much, it's just drat improbable that it ever got made in the first place. And then you go and read up about the development of the film and it gets even more improbably the more you read about it. :allears:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

https://twitter.com/buitengebieden_/status/1284610078167969792

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

That loving rules. Now just need to stuff a Boxter engine in there and it'll be perfect!

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Just go buy a Tracker, dummy, they already exist

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

That thing is FWD, right?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I drive an 86 and it's basically that thing with a Boxster engine strapped in. It's p sweet.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i regret taking my drivers license 20 years ago cause i havent needed it since

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Even after watching some youtube summaries of the character, his origins etc, I struggle to picture a man named 'Buckaroo Banzai' as the Doc Savage type he's supposed to be, and not some kind of cartoon horse.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Carthag Tuek posted:

i regret taking my drivers license 20 years ago cause i havent needed it since

Yea DWI’s suck, I feel ya.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

RCarr posted:

Yea DWI’s suck, I feel ya.

you can be as drunk as you want if you arent the driver

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuWS4XGb-G4

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Elfface posted:

Even after watching some youtube summaries of the character, his origins etc, I struggle to picture a man named 'Buckaroo Banzai' as the Doc Savage type he's supposed to be, and not some kind of cartoon horse.

I read that as Dan Savage, and I did not have a problem with it

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Holy loving poo poo

Since the GOD drat NINETIES I have assumed that the line was “What is the greatest joy?” “THE JOY OF COOKING”

Because that was how everyone always quoted it, belly-laughing the whole while

But now when I watch it with the subtitles on I realize it’s “THE JOY OF DUTY”

And it is not in fact just an absurdist series of non-sequiturs like I figured all comedy was before I understood any of it, in fact this poo poo is actually pretty drat coherent

God drat my life is a lie

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Data Graham posted:

Holy loving poo poo

Since the GOD drat NINETIES I have assumed that the line was “What is the greatest joy?” “THE JOY OF COOKING”

And it is not in fact just an absurdist series of non-sequiturs like I figured all comedy was before I understood any of it, in fact this poo poo is actually pretty drat coherent

your life is a lie bro

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

no! wtf no, bro

cooking is actually pretty sweet and accessible, and a joy. just cook a food, my friend

who cares about duty or whatever

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Data Graham posted:

Holy loving poo poo

The Joy of Cooking is a pretty good first cook book. Make sure it has the instructions on how to skin a squirrel, though.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

https://youtu.be/VQpfYAxfiak

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

gleebster posted:

The Joy of Cooking is a pretty good first cook book. Make sure it has the instructions on how to skin a squirrel, though.

You just rip their little pyjamas right off!

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

gleebster posted:

The Joy of Cooking is a pretty good first cook book.

Yes and no. Joy of Cooking is great for learning classical fundamentals for someone who wants to take cooking seriously, but for a casual home cook there are simpler approaches to a lot of what's in there. It's worse because the book is just so old at this point and what food is available in stores and equipment the typical kitchen has available has evolved. On top of that it's hyper-focused on one cuisine, which is great for learning that but means less variety.

Oops, wrong book. Was thinking of Mastering the Art of French Cooking.

AreWeDrunkYet has a new favorite as of 02:35 on Jul 25, 2020

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

The hero we need and do not deserve

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Yes and no. Joy of Cooking is great for learning classical fundamentals for someone who wants to take cooking seriously, but for a casual home cook there are simpler approaches to a lot of what's in there. It's worse because the book is just so old at this point and what food is available in stores and equipment the typical kitchen has available has evolved. On top of that it's hyper-focused on one cuisine, which is great for learning that but means less variety.

Oops, wrong book. Was thinking of Mastering the Art of French Cooking.

Even if it's a bit french-centric, the main thing about those books is that every recipe i've tried has worked, which is not something I can say about most cookbooks (and I own way too many cookbooks).

Stryder
Oct 3, 2002
Some more Buckaroo Banzai chat:

It was the first movie my family ever rented when we bought our first VCR in 1984, and I assumed all movies we would rent from that point on would be just as amazing.

Director W.D. Richter also wrote the screenplay for Big Trouble in Little China which is absolutely goofy awesome in its own right.

More than that, he wrote the screenplay for Invasion of the Body Snatchers '78, which is supposed to be serious but gave us this:

Also... He wrote Stealth, the terrible robo-jet movie with Josh Lucas, Jessica Biel and Jamie Foxx. I remember finally giving Stealth a shot because it was Richter and it is SO painful because it's obvious the script is filled with the same kind of dry, goofy humor but thanks to director Rob Cohen (who was just coming off of the original The Fast and The Furious and xXx) everything is played completely straight and absolutely falls flat.

(this is the closest I could find to Jaime Foxx's performance)

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Scratch Monkey posted:

That was also the inspiration for the end sequence in The Life Aquatic (also starring Jeff Goldblum)

https://youtu.be/MA3jRCX14cQ

Just wanna say this made a drat good Friday night double header, with these two credits scenes tying them together

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Stryder posted:

Also... He wrote Stealth, the terrible robo-jet movie with Josh Lucas, Jessica Biel and Jamie Foxx. I remember finally giving Stealth a shot because it was Richter and it is SO painful because it's obvious the script is filled with the same kind of dry, goofy humor but thanks to director Rob Cohen (who was just coming off of the original The Fast and The Furious and xXx) everything is played completely straight and absolutely falls flat.

(this is the closest I could find to Jaime Foxx's performance)
2000-2008 were such a humor-free dead zone for blockbusters.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

The correct answer to these people’s actions is not violence. Which only serves to continue the cycle of violence. The correct answer is posting the video on twitter and making sure they become twitter famous for 15 minutes. They lose their job, friends, most all social media accounts... social consequence is the only language they’ll actually hear.

You never want to become twitter famous.

Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon
I dunno, i think the shop assistants should also be allowed to taze the poo poo out of them.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Stryder posted:

More than that, he wrote the screenplay for Invasion of the Body Snatchers '78, which is supposed to be serious but gave us this:

This scene scared the poo poo out of me as a kid.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Blind Rasputin posted:

The correct answer to these people’s actions is not violence. Which only serves to continue the cycle of violence. The correct answer is posting the video on twitter and making sure they become twitter famous for 15 minutes. They lose their job, friends, most all social media accounts... social consequence is the only language they’ll actually hear.

https://twitter.com/maplecocaine/status/1080665226410889217

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Blind Rasputin posted:

The term that applies here is shame. If you can produce inflict enough shame on a person they become a pariah or acquiesce & change their behavior.

Of course the issue you run into is people that are shameless are immune to shaming because their behavior won't change unless there's physical/legal consequences. I blame the reality TV star era of reinforcing shameless traits that prevent people from being socially ostracized into conforming to societal norms. Hell, we have a reality TV star run shamelessly to the White House.