Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Wave 4 of WWEternia actually went up for preorder and I was able to lock them down. This poo poo is gonna get out of hand fast. Looks like I'm bailing out of GIJ Classics, can't sustain all these new lines.

In sadder news, we found what I considered the perfect new home but my wife found a few deal breakers. I'm trying to convince her we can make it work. Behold what could be mine

It's TWICE the size of my current room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Yeah but all that icky carpet.

Someone pointed out a possible hint we may be getting Ahsoka Tano from Hot Toys.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Carpet is a year old and preferred in a basement. My current space gets downright frigid.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

What are the deal breakers?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

What are the deal breakers?

Kitchen is smaller than she'd like. Bathrooms as well. It has popular cost saving measures like no overhead lighting in the upstairs bedrooms. It also needs new HVAC. She also wants something with hardwood or laminate on the first floor and the whole house has new carpeting.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Rhyno posted:

Kitchen is smaller than she'd like. Bathrooms as well. It has popular cost saving measures like no overhead lighting in the upstairs bedrooms. It also needs new HVAC. She also wants something with hardwood or laminate on the first floor and the whole house has new carpeting.

Your wife is correct. You’ll find a huge room, don’t worry!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Louisgod posted:

Your wife is correct. You’ll find a huge room, don’t worry!

Eh, we sunk $35K into the house we are selling, I estimate we could knock out the changes to the new house for $10Kish but the small kitchen isn't an easy fix.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Davros1 posted:

So that tweet with the Ghostface fig, as well as the images of the Toony Terrors Ghostface, have been deleted by NECA. That's weird.

They’ve put a new post up on FB with this text, again not mentioning Scream.

quote:

Announcement!
==
Toony Terrors - 6" Scale Action Figure - Series 5 Assortment

Series 5 of the adorably creepy Toony Terrors line will bring more stylized horror icons into the mix! Standing approximately 6 inches tall, the action figure assortment includes Ghostface with knife accessory, the Creep (Creepshow) with lantern accessory, Bloody Ash (Evil Dead 2), and Bloody Tears Michael Myers (Halloween 2).

Each figure comes in blister card packaging with a bonus cutout backdrop.
==
Shipping Date: December 2020
More info on the #NECA site: https://neca.io/32JCLCq

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oh hello.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Hello to you too

https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/1286691151022559238?s=20

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Rhyno posted:

but the small kitchen isn't an easy fix.

Excuse me sir, I am an expert in HGTV law. Might I interest you in the phrase "open concept"?

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

gregday posted:

The mask existed before the movies, right?

I'm old enough to remember way back before Scream came out when every cheap drug store's halloween section was full of a dozen of those cheap ghost masks every year. I think its being so generic and ubiquitous and obviously store-bought became part of the concept in the movie. Then it became the Scream guy.

Shiroc posted:

That can be true but it also seems like if they knew they were going to do this, you just call the build one Zuul even if they didn't change the tooling. Its just a really weird thing to have done.

The thing with releasing the same terror dog twice is also baffling because for people who collect the whole line, they'll already have it... and for people who don't, who among them exactly is going to want a personal Plasma Series collection that's ONLY Louis and Vinz Clortho? It sort of makes sense as a 2-pack because that's the one that chases/possesses Louis... but then why didn't they put Zuul in the wave with Dana?

I was going to follow up with "everyone should just get the old Neca ones instead anyway, they're way better" but then I looked at eBay and they're going for $400...

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Kingtheninja posted:

Excuse me sir, I am an expert in HGTV law. Might I interest you in the phrase "open concept"?

Don't forget the shiplap!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Davros1 posted:

Don't forget the shiplap!

I hate you.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I hate you.

*salutes*

Captain Morose
Jun 20, 2005
Cool, I got my extremely mangled GI Joe's from amazon. Why they gotta ship these dudes in bubble mailers? Good grief.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

https://toynewsi.com/169-36862

gently caress yes, I'm getting this.

Mezco One:12 Death Dealer

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Nerd Of Prey posted:

The thing with releasing the same terror dog twice is also baffling because for people who collect the whole line, they'll already have it... and for people who don't, who among them exactly is going to want a personal Plasma Series collection that's ONLY Louis and Vinz Clortho? It sort of makes sense as a 2-pack because that's the one that chases/possesses Louis... but then why didn't they put Zuul in the wave with Dana?

I was going to follow up with "everyone should just get the old Neca ones instead anyway, they're way better" but then I looked at eBay and they're going for $400...

It also leaves the lurking possibility that at some point, Hasbro does make a short horn dog that they officially call Zuul and try to get people to buy a third one.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I never realized the dogs weren't identical. Even looking at pics onlone I can't really tell the difference between them.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The first one is very clearly just called ‘Terror Dog’ rather than identified as which particular one it is.

Edit: Zuul is in the left, Vinz on the right. (It’s in the horns)

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Jul 24, 2020

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

The_Doctor posted:

The first one is very clearly just called ‘Terror Dog’ rather than identified as which particular one it is.

I always accuse our dog of looking like Zuul. She is an all-black pit bull/lab mix and her ears comically stick out sideways and then curve down at the tips. Our dog does not look like Vinz Clortho :colbert:

Edit for obligatory dog pic:

Nerd Of Prey fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jul 24, 2020

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Oh, huh, I was way off. I’m not really interested in that two pack then! Im pretty sure there’ll be another Louis at some point!

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Stopped at Walgreens to look for an Iron Man 2020 because the stupid website canceled mine, and I ended up with Moon Knight instead. Score.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

The_Doctor posted:

I’m pretty sure there’ll be another Louis at some point!

We will one day rise up

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

More Rhino!

https://twitter.com/neca_toys/status/1286709539425988612

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Joe Fisto posted:

Stopped at Walgreens to look for an Iron Man 2020 because the stupid website canceled mine, and I ended up with Moon Knight instead. Score.

It's weird MK is popping up in stores and my pre-order from their website hasn't shipped.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hell yes

Now do Dib thanks

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Gripweed posted:

The final experiment

drat that looks snazzy

Gripweed posted:

That's a down payment in St. Louis.

Or Detroit

Rhyno posted:

loving YESSSS

I'm glad I jumped into this line when I did!
It's beautiful

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Oh this kinda goes without saying but, hell yes to Mondo She-Ra. Might need Hordak too...

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Shiftypenguin posted:

It's weird MK is popping up in stores and my pre-order from their website hasn't shipped.

I have it preordered as well, but since Walgreens abruptly cancels things I picked it up anyway. I went to the website to cancel (you can’t on the site) it says the expected ship date is 8/27.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Louisgod posted:

We will one day rise up

Shout it from the rooftops!

I grew up in Miami, and I always joked that you could go to any public place like a mall, a school, a concert, and yell "HEY LOUIS!", and twenty guys would turn around.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

CelticPredator posted:

Hell yes

Now do Dib thanks

Is this a statue or figure?

edit: Found it: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/130899

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Sorry yeah statue.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

A wholesome Gatekeeper! She is! Yes she is!

Dawgstar fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jul 25, 2020

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
The pre-orders for the Movie Deadpool x Negasonic Teenage Warhead 2-pack is up on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Acces...&language=en_US

gently caress ordering it from Hasbro Pulse, I'm STILL waiting for my Snake-Eyes :(

Edit: Apparently theres some really good Legends deals going on:

List of stuff I found:

Marvel Legends Luke Cage & Claire Temple 2 Pack Exclusive
$18.14

Marvel Legends Series Ant-Man & The Wasp 6"-Scale Movie-Inspired X-Con Luis & Marvel’s Ghost Collectible Action Figure 2 Pack
$12.85

Marvel Studios: The First Ten Years Thor: The Dark World Thor and Sif
$28.11

Marvel Legends Series Thor: Ragnarok 6"-Scale Movie-Inspired Grandmaster & Korg Collectible Action Figure 2 Pack
$23.59

Marvel Legends Series Thor: Ragnarok 6"-Scale Movie-Inspired Skurge & Marvel’s Hela Collectible Action Figure 2 Pack
$33.50

Jet Ready Go fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jul 25, 2020

BlackCircle
Oct 21, 2005

I did Nazi that butt coming

Grant DaNasty posted:

https://toynewsi.com/169-36862

gently caress yes, I'm getting this.

Mezco One:12 Death Dealer

I'm buying the absolute hell out of this but this figure would be 3000% more awesome if he came with a horse.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Jet Ready Go posted:

gently caress ordering it from Hasbro Pulse, I'm STILL waiting for my Snake-Eyes :(

Mine finally got here the day before yesterday. I think the hijinks the government is pulling with the USPS is having affecting on our army mans and related shipping.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I bought one of those neca Godzillas (the Godzilla against mothra one) and it looks awesome... but I just can’t this tail on the ball joint in the back. I’ve NEVER had this much trouble with something like this before. No matter how long I soak the tail on warm water, it just won’t go on. Anyone have any experience with this?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

All the time. Run it under hot water or use a hair dryer and it’ll go on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I bought one of those neca Godzillas (the Godzilla against mothra one) and it looks awesome... but I just can’t this tail on the ball joint in the back. I’ve NEVER had this much trouble with something like this before. No matter how long I soak the tail on warm water, it just won’t go on. Anyone have any experience with this?

I have this exact figure and I just needed to soak it in boiling water for maybe 90 seconds? This figure has a reputation for having stiff joints though, my only thought would be the water you're using maybe isn't hot enough? I literally used jt boiling right out of an electric kettle and it went on no problem.

My entire figure was super stiff, I had to spend almost an hour boiling literally every single joint to get his full range of motion, it was worth it though as he has a ton more articulation then I thought just from looking at it.