Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Force Awakens doesn’t actually have the same narrative as A New Hope.

There are similar plot points, but it’s actually an inferior remake of Phantom Menace, down to the fact that the comic relief is the protagonist and the villains are all puppets set up by Palpatine to trick the heroes into a fake victory.

People were noting that Rey seemed evil for years, before Part 3 revealed that she’s literally the antichrist & Palpatine actually wants her to rule the Neo New Republic.

:drat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

It’s even better when you get to the end of TLJ and Luke pulls out his laser sword for the first time in years, beats up his old apprentice who’s actually right about the Republic being bad, and says “begun, the clone wars have!”

All of that is, of course, pretty much exactly what Palpatine wants.

I said that remaking the prequels would be the biggest troll move they could do and didn't consider that they already did

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

McCloud posted:

Hey, can someone check out Ray Parks Instagram and tells me of I'm going crazy?

Edit: Well it's gone now

what's gone elaborate dude

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I said that remaking the prequels would be the biggest troll move they could do and didn't consider that they already did

Kat Kennedy: “We don’t want to remind people of the prequels.”
JJ: “well... what if we replaced them.”

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

turning a big dial taht says "Prequels" on it and constantly looking back at the audience for approval like a contestant on the price is right

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Reylo being gender swapped Anakin and Padme puts everything in a whole new perspective

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Jerkface posted:

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Jerkface posted:

Someone posted a video clip of someone getting his lightsaber polished on Ray Parks insta.

And by that i mean it was a blowjob

Edit: Ray apparently posted the clip, it's of his ex wife. Real loving gross

https://twitter.com/Drr_Sizzle/status/1286869319348113408?s=20

McCloud fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Jul 25, 2020

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

euphronius posted:

Those aren’t Hans clothes those are the pilots clothes
Give them back you are a Han
They don't even fit

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

euphronius posted:

Those aren’t Hans clothes those are the pilots clothes

What pilot?

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Remake the prequels but Ian Mcdiramid is the protagonist and is in every scene.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Ian McDiarmid already does play the protagonist, from a certain point of view

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

He's the titular character in two out of three prequels.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
who's to say now that Sheev wasn’t also one of those clones

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

The prequels aren't ever gonna be seen as misunderstood masterpieces except by terminally online lunatics but people are definitely coming around to seeing them as camp and funny cultural touchstones.

I don't think the sequels are going to get the same treatment. Just dull, overhyped messes with no imagination but lots of bad pandering.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

However the prequels are interpreted and reinterpreted, they'll never escape Lucas's 'stand still with your arms at your sides and say the line blankly' director style.

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

Alchenar posted:

However the prequels are interpreted and reinterpreted, they'll never escape Lucas's 'stand still with your arms at your sides and say the line blankly' director style.

There's really shockingly little of this and what there is feels like reshoots.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The prequels aren't ever gonna be seen as misunderstood masterpieces except by terminally online lunatics but people are definitely coming around to seeing them as camp and funny cultural touchstones.

I don't think the sequels are going to get the same treatment. Just dull, overhyped messes with no imagination but lots of bad pandering.

The prequels have already achieved this impossible feat, you are too late.

There will be attempts to rehabilitate the sequels, it's definitely hard to imagine how they will succeed.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Zoran posted:

who's to say now that Sheev wasn’t also one of those clones

Thematically speaking, the Sith and Jedi are clones of one another. They're similar in almost every way.

...including their quest for greater power.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Sheev is the hero of the skywalker saga

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Ingmar terdman posted:

Sheev is the hero of the skywalker saga

Heroes on both sides.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
We see more Jedi-turned-evil dudes loving up the galaxy than already evil dark sides dudes so no Jedi is a net positive.

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!

Captain Splendid posted:

We see more Jedi-turned-evil dudes loving up the galaxy than already evil dark sides dudes so no Jedi is a net positive.

"It is easy to cast blame, but it is perhaps time the Order accepted responsibility for their teachings, and their arrogance, and come to recognize that perhaps we are flawed."

KOTOR 2 is good.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It must have been depressing as hell for George Lucas after making a movie trilogy heavily about American Imperialism only to have Ronald Regan name a missile defense system after it.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Yeah, but at the very least that might have inspired him to literally depict the titans of banking and industry sitting in a board room waiting for the devil himself to arrive so they can rule the galaxy as some gigantic conglomerate, only to get his lapdog showing up to murder them so the devil alone can guide the lives of trillions

Like, he’s kind of just straight up saying “so I got rich enough to be in the same room as these people, and, uh, they’re all evil. All of them.” Spielberg just seems to tip his hat down and pretend he’s a normal guy, George was like “if I could garrote them I would” there a little bit

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Detective No. 27 posted:

It must have been depressing as hell for George Lucas after making a movie trilogy heavily about American Imperialism only to have Ronald Regan name a missile defense system after it.

This is the Star Wars film that Tarantino needs to make

Almost Blue
Apr 18, 2018
One of my favorite things in the prequels is how Lucas named the clueless puppeteered bad guys after various Republicans (Nute = Newt Gingrich, Gunray = Reagan, Lott Dodd = Trent Lott).

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I never realized the Gunray one. That's good.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
It's cleverly obfuscated by sounding like a flash Gordon villain since it's also an anagram of 'raygun'

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
What is "Star Wars," anyway? It looks like some phantom of the paradise knockoff

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Almost Blue posted:

One of my favorite things in the prequels is how Lucas named the clueless puppeteered bad guys after various Republicans (Nute = Newt Gingrich, Gunray = Reagan, Lott Dodd = Trent Lott).

Might be something to how their accents code them as rather outdated Asian stereotypes but the names are American imperialists, and of course they're basically imperialist capitalism starting a war to increase their profit margins when they already live in opulence.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

FunkyAl posted:

What is "Star Wars," anyway?
A miserable little pile of Snokes.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

There was a little Star Wars Oscars thing on Twitter recently.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Vinylshadow posted:

There was a little Star Wars Oscars thing on Twitter recently.

In what way was that a "thing"? Someone made a graphic with random made up categories?

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
Well see every Star Wars film is an award-winning film* ** ***

*according to the MTV movie awards
** and the Kid's Choice Awards
*** and this random image on Twitter.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Geogre Lucas

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

when youve got movies like adam driver in them, you cant lose

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

cargohills posted:

Geogre Lucas

It's like an onion, it has layers

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Ingmar terdman posted:

when youve got movies like adam driver in them, you cant lose

Anyone can look good with good direction and writing

Otherwise you gotta act to the best of your abilities even if the writing is an utter shlock and hope that's enough

And given people voted a poorly choreographed and nonsensical fight into a winning position means it did something right

...it was the reylos, wasn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

That fight is good if you're not loving framing through it looking for mistakes