Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Inspector Hound posted:

U only get 1 save solt in life, it s realistic

Unfortunately I can't overwrite real life with a fresh restart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Rinkles posted:

Unfortunately I can't overwrite real life with a fresh restart.

This is a point of debate among philosophies,

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
There is no way in hell I'd restart life, Jesus Christ.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
I'm not sure I wanna go back to being pooped out, screaming and covered in blood

I would kill to restart at 16 though, I am just about old enough now that any major change is just about impossible to do

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

If you retain knowledge you can just sports almanac it I guess.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

I'm not sure I wanna go back to being pooped out, screaming and covered in blood

I would kill to restart at 16 though, I am just about old enough now that any major change is just about impossible to do

Lol medical school takes five years, you can take pilots lessons on weekends. I believe in all of us

I bought that samurai game, it's downloading, I better feel like a fuckin ghost ricky tick. That actually reminds me, I saw a Tom Clancy game I didn't know about, Break Point or something, it looked similar to Ghost Recon, does anyone have any idea what I'm talking about or did I misunderstand what I was seeing

e drat I am not going to be playing this thing tonight it's taking forever

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Inspector Hound posted:

I bought that samurai game, it's downloading, I better feel like a fuckin ghost ricky tick. That actually reminds me, I saw a Tom Clancy game I didn't know about, Break Point or something, it looked similar to Ghost Recon, does anyone have any idea what I'm talking about or did I misunderstand what I was seeing

That's a real game. It's poop.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Yeah Breakpoint sucks especiall after Wildlands. Its crazy how much Breakpoint sucked.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Inspector Hound posted:

Lol medical school takes five years, you can take pilots lessons on weekends. I believe in all of us

I don't have the time or the money for either though. I'm in my first year of owning my own home in a ridiculously specialized job that has almost no transferable skills. There's too much inertia to make any real changes. If I tried to go to medical school I won't have time to work, which means I can't pay my bills which means I lose my home. Pilot lessons are £150 an hour at the airfield near where I live. That's far beyond what I can afford.

Of course I am very happy with where I am in life, I didn't get furloughed, pay is above inflation several years in a row, etc. I am hugely grateful for what I have. But man, if I could go back to when I was 16, I would do a hell of a lot of things differently. Hindsight is 20/20

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
If I could go back to being 16 I'd sure as poo poo remember to buy Bitcoin and apple stock

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Where's my loving money, Sony?

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

If i went back to being 16 I’d just sit around for 15 years waiting for Bloodborne to be released.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Caesar Saladin posted:

Yeah Breakpoint sucks especiall after Wildlands. Its crazy how much Breakpoint sucked.

That's rough considering Wildlands was extremely mediocre imo. Glad I didn't buy it.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Breakpoint was such a cynical lets-see-how-far-we-can-push-our-audience attempt by Ubisoft. They were trying to find the lowest quality bar that they could get away with. Every once in a while a major developer deliberately pushes out a low-effort low-funding game just to see what their minimum mass acceptability would be.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
How the gently caress do i check my transaction history on ps4? I just bought some cheap dlc for games i intend to play and half of them are not showing up in my library. I got ff15 royal pack, season pass and episode ardyn but only the royal pack is showing up in my library. I got batman arkham knight season pass and that isnt showing up at all and my card has been charged.

I cannot find a simple what i just bought history on ps4 like i could with ps3, am i loving blind or what.

ALSO did anyone else add cod ww2 to their account on ps+ the other month? I added it but for some reason it went on my account as if i bought it and not in the ps+ section. I did not auto renew and now codww2 is completely gone from my account but the other 4 ps+ games i added are still there but with lock icons, obviously. When i resub will it show back up or was this some weird error and i've now lost a free game that i probably wasnt going to llay anyway?

Help me ps4 thread, you're my only hope.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Breakpoint was such a cynical lets-see-how-far-we-can-push-our-audience attempt by Ubisoft. They were trying to find the lowest quality bar that they could get away with. Every once in a while a major developer deliberately pushes out a low-effort low-funding game just to see what their minimum mass acceptability would be.

They did a "Breakpoint, now with NPCs!" thing recently and I couldn't help but marvel at their balls.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Wildlands is definitely mediocre but is really fun in coop with your homies. I played it with my two brothers and it was enjoyable doing synchronised sniping and escaping in cars we placed before missions and stuff. At one point I was sneaking around while my brother was giving me overwatch with the drone and telling me when it was safe to move, it was great.

Breakpoints flubbed the AI, the world design and added some dumb gear level system, as well as an incredibly miserable story. The robots were awful too.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Vikar Jerome posted:

How the gently caress do i check my transaction history on ps4?

Probably have to use the webstore

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

kirbysuperstar posted:

Probably have to use the webstore

I searched for the dlcs on the store and it says its purchased on everything i bought so i guess i own it, weird how some of them are just not showing up in the library, all the other dlc i've bought for games ive yet to put the disc in show up, like bloodborne.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

I thought they'd "fixed" Breakpoint? Namely by giving you options to roll everything back so it's now Wildlands in a different location, meaning you can disable the RPG elements taken straight from The Division and can play with teammates again.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

They tried but all they did was get rid of the equipment levelling. Everything else still sucks. The core gameplay just feels like a mess compared to wildlands and the AI is noticeably less aggressive and dumber. Also the robots are just awful.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
I enjoyed playing the betas, but wasn't going to buy it unless they did a $3 sale like Division 2. I never played any of the previous entries in the series though.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Vikar Jerome posted:

I searched for the dlcs on the store and it says its purchased on everything i bought so i guess i own it, weird how some of them are just not showing up in the library, all the other dlc i've bought for games ive yet to put the disc in show up, like bloodborne.

There's some dlc that doesn't need to be downloaded and it's actually an unlock code bound to your account. Maybe those are the ones tripping you up? There's some dlc where everyone already downloads the patched data and 'buying it' just unlocks your access to it.

Of course the ultimate way to confirm is to actually play the game and see it show up in game.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

I don't have the time or the money for either though. I'm in my first year of owning my own home in a ridiculously specialized job that has almost no transferable skills. There's too much inertia to make any real changes. If I tried to go to medical school I won't have time to work, which means I can't pay my bills which means I lose my home. Pilot lessons are £150 an hour at the airfield near where I live. That's far beyond what I can afford.

Of course I am very happy with where I am in life, I didn't get furloughed, pay is above inflation several years in a row, etc. I am hugely grateful for what I have. But man, if I could go back to when I was 16, I would do a hell of a lot of things differently. Hindsight is 20/20

Man, if I could go back to when I was 16 I'd make mostly the same mistakes in roughly the same order. I was not a smart teenager and I dont learn lessons well.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

How the gently caress do i check my transaction history on ps4? I just bought some cheap dlc for games i intend to play and half of them are not showing up in my library. I got ff15 royal pack, season pass and episode ardyn but only the royal pack is showing up in my library. I got batman arkham knight season pass and that isnt showing up at all and my card has been charged.

I cannot find a simple what i just bought history on ps4 like i could with ps3, am i loving blind or what.

ALSO did anyone else add cod ww2 to their account on ps+ the other month? I added it but for some reason it went on my account as if i bought it and not in the ps+ section. I did not auto renew and now codww2 is completely gone from my account but the other 4 ps+ games i added are still there but with lock icons, obviously. When i resub will it show back up or was this some weird error and i've now lost a free game that i probably wasnt going to llay anyway?

Help me ps4 thread, you're my only hope.

On the webstore if you go to "Payment Management" there will be another section on the page that opens up called "transaction history" that'll show what you bought.

In some cases a Season Pass purchase requires you to "buy" the other components, but they get discounted to $0 if you own the season pass. That doesn't explain Episode Ardyn though.

The only other possibility would unfortunately be bad news for you, in that if the base game and the DLC aren't from the same region they don't work. So if your FF15 is a disc copy from Europe and you bought the DLC on the US store it won't detect and there isn't any solution to this other than either getting your purchase refunded or replacing your disc copy with one that matches your PSN account's region.

Now when I say region it's usually not super-finnicky, like US and Canada are I think pretty much always the same region for this purpose, and for most games everywhere outside of the Americas and Southeast Asia is considered the same region (so all of Europe, Russia, Australia, the Middle East, Africa, and possibly places like India). I think Japan is its own region, and then Southeast Asia shares all its stuff.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

SiKboy posted:

Man, if I could go back to when I was 16 I'd make mostly the same mistakes in roughly the same order. I was not a smart teenager and I dont learn lessons well.

Yeah to be honest this is the same for me too and partly why I'm not too fussed

Even with hindsight I would still be setting fireworks off in enclosed spaces

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Ineffiable posted:

There's some dlc that doesn't need to be downloaded and it's actually an unlock code bound to your account. Maybe those are the ones tripping you up? There's some dlc where everyone already downloads the patched data and 'buying it' just unlocks your access to it.

Of course the ultimate way to confirm is to actually play the game and see it show up in game.

yeah it seems something like that, like the season pass just enables the seperate dlc to be "free" in the account so its not in the library since i havent downloaded the new "free" content yet i guess.

edit:

univbee posted:

On the webstore if you go to "Payment Management" there will be another section on the page that opens up called "transaction history" that'll show what you bought.

In some cases a Season Pass purchase requires you to "buy" the other components, but they get discounted to $0 if you own the season pass. That doesn't explain Episode Ardyn though.

The only other possibility would unfortunately be bad news for you, in that if the base game and the DLC aren't from the same region they don't work. So if your FF15 is a disc copy from Europe and you bought the DLC on the US store it won't detect and there isn't any solution to this other than either getting your purchase refunded or replacing your disc copy with one that matches your PSN account's region.

Now when I say region it's usually not super-finnicky, like US and Canada are I think pretty much always the same region for this purpose, and for most games everywhere outside of the Americas and Southeast Asia is considered the same region (so all of Europe, Russia, Australia, the Middle East, Africa, and possibly places like India). I think Japan is its own region, and then Southeast Asia shares all its stuff.

everything is from the uk store, i havent put the ff15 disc in the console yet since im not ready to play it but pretty sure its the uk copy. guess it is just the £0 "free" thing then. Ardyn still says in the store that i've bought it and can download it so dunno whats going on there. the royal pack and 2 booster packs are the only thing added to my actual ps4 library but my account still has everything else by the looks of it.

can i download dlc before installing the game? i thought about it but i figured it would mess things up?

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Jul 25, 2020

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Vikar Jerome posted:

yeah it seems something like that, like the season pass just enables the seperate dlc to be "free" in the account so its not in the library since i havent downloaded the new "free" content yet i guess.

Oh, yeah, that's how Granblue Versus was for me. I guess I hadn't actually ever bought a season pass before that, come to think of it..

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I got my hands on the back button in Europe.

It is good

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The back button was a real game changer and I'll probably keep using the DS4 for awhile on PS5 because of it. Being able to map stuff like sprint and dodge to paddles I can reflexively squeeze without thinking while keeping thumbs where they are was such a big improvement when playing games like Sekiro where I could twitch react to Mikiri counter things or sprint around attacks while moving the camera. If DualSense really doesn't have paddles then I'm really hoping Sony has some kind of Elite version of it coming soon that does.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

I got my hands on the back button in Europe.

It is good

Yeah it's drat cool. I found it took a while to get used to altering my grip and actually using the buttons. It now feels weird to play without it. It's kinda jarring going back to ps3 games and wishing I had back buttons. I know I can use the DS4 on PS3 but I'm trying to play the MGS series and 2, 3, and 4 all use those goofy analog buttons, so it's not really a viable option unfortunately. Going back to the DS3 is kinda rough. Such an ergonomically weird controller.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Oh poo poo, I forgot to attach my back buttons when I started GoT. Would definitely make sprinting nicer.

Gotta admit though, I'm not sure I'll ever get used to the attachment being there. I cannot get fully used to a new grip and my hands end up tired. So I've been using it only situationally.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

So what have you guys bound to it? I'm thinking r2 and l2 cause those are a bitch sometimes on longer sessions for me

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

edit:

everything is from the uk store, i havent put the ff15 disc in the console yet since im not ready to play it but pretty sure its the uk copy. guess it is just the £0 "free" thing then. Ardyn still says in the store that i've bought it and can download it so dunno whats going on there. the royal pack and 2 booster packs are the only thing added to my actual ps4 library but my account still has everything else by the looks of it.

can i download dlc before installing the game? i thought about it but i figured it would mess things up?

I don’t think you can download DLC on a PS4 without the relevant game being installed actually. It could be that that’s the issue.

The game has something like a 30 gig patch and the DLC is another 40 gigs so if you have the disc you should probably start the install.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Tsushima is so goddamn pretty holy poo poo

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

So what have you guys bound to it? I'm thinking r2 and l2 cause those are a bitch sometimes on longer sessions for me

Usually it's been for L3 and R3 because pressing the sticks has never felt good or responsive enough. For Ghost I might use it for calling my horse since I like to have it come to me when I'm running and that currently requires tagging in my right thumb to hold the left stick forward while I press the d-pad.

For Spider-Man I had mapped jump to it so that I could do full camera control, no-look webswinging since it's not possible without the attachment. With Ghost I might put the attack inputs on the back buttons purely for making some cool videos/gifs because then I could move the camera around in cool ways while swinging the sword.

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

Ghost of Tsushima

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5ssnn9QuAM

Eat poo poo bird

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

My default is L3/R3, but for certain games I'll switch it up. For Monster Hunter: World I did left and right on the d-pad so I could switch between items while moving.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

More like Randy Johnson of Tsushima

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

That's rough considering Wildlands was extremely mediocre imo. Glad I didn't buy it.

It scratched an itch but one better served by the division prob