Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

drat. i hate jab thieving. i'm going to be mad for a while. this is about the post at the bottom of the previous page unless your posts per page are non-standard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

NienNunb posted:

5'1 Dennis Reynolds

D-emonstrate flippy poo poo
E-ngage in trolling on social media
N-urture your own ego
N-eglect your history of opponents
I-nspire Vince to release you
S-eparate from the company

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

TJP is fascinating to me because he IS a very skilled wrestler, it's just he's such an arrogant rear end in a top hat that it filters into his work and makes your eyes just sort of slide off of him even before you know what an arrogant rear end in a top hat he is

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Low-Ki attitude with half the skill.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

CarlCX posted:

TJP has wrestled, at a glance,

-Jushin Liger
-Hiroshi Tanahashi
-Yuji Nagata
-Will Ospreay
-Kazuchika Okada
-Pentagon Jr
-Fenix
-Gran Metalik
-Drew Gulak
-KENTA
-Pac
-Kota Ibushi
-ULTIMO loving DRAGON

The depressing thing is that if he had the slightest ounce of self awareness, his opponent list is an absolute who's who of the greats of the last 10-15 years. Everyone from La Parka to Kenny Omega to Tomohiro Ishii to Sara Del Rey is on there. And he didn't learn a thing from them.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Del Rey?!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
He almost definitely did learn from them, he's just the kind of dipshit that thinks 'Oh, I realised this from that match with Liger/Omega/ Nagata... God I'm so loving smart'.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://mobile.twitter.com/MegaTJP/status/1286969092683964417

TJP on how hes equal with Okada

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Like... there's a way to be self-confident without sounding like an arrogant douche. Just go "yes, I learn every time I get in the ring, and hopefully i teach my opponents a little something as well #AlwaysImproving" or something.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://mobile.twitter.com/MegaTJP/status/1286974500014153729?cxt=HHwWgoCjxaafoNwjAAAA

What does this even mean

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It means that he, in fact, does think he was calling the match and not learning from Negro Casas or Tiger Mask.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

TJP's just one of those douches who peps himself up in the mirror telling himself he's the best and no one can touch him and blah blah. Admitting someone is better would probably destroy his ego.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Next level delusional humblebragging. "I wish someone else would lead in my matches but aw shucks no one else has been as good as I am. This is my curse, the curse of TNA's Manik"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Imagine him trying to pull that at the LA dojo. Hell, imagine him trying to do it at the dojo now. Shibata would slap the taste out of his mouth.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I love that TJP tweet that's high level wrestler brain.

So is this, from the one man who is too stupid to shift to right wing grifter.

https://twitter.com/AustinAries/status/1287066062421282821

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

White America: "When there's nothing left to burn, you must genocide yourselves"

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

MassRafTer posted:

This rules. Glad Austin is speaking out against the malicious censorship of everyone who doesn't follow me on Twitter.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

there actually is a vaccine agenda. Spread the word. they're trying to make vaccines to immunize people from catching covid-19.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/MegaTJP/status/1287088881423118336?s=20

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Wow that guy defeated Akira Maeda in NJPW.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Cavauro posted:

there actually is a vaccine agenda. Spread the word. they're trying to make vaccines to immunize people from catching covid-19.

:patriot: Will do boss.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
https://twitter.com/theAdamPage/status/1287114937224044545

The anti-TJP

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Feeling appreciated by Hangman

:unsmith:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

flashy_mcflash posted:

Low-Ki attitude with half the skill.

eh, tjp is a massive turd but personally i think he has put on better matches than Low Ki the past 15 years.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Hee-hee

Other wrestlers are beginning to dunk on him

https://twitter.com/HotScoopSkylar/status/1287114789404250117?s=20

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I mean... if he wrestled Hideo Itami instead of KENTA, then that's a fair thing for Perkins to say in that case.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

Imagine him trying to pull that at the LA dojo. Hell, imagine him trying to do it at the dojo now. Shibata would slap the taste out of his mouth.

Is he scheduled for any more Lion's Break shows or is he back to being only on Impact? Feel like wanting to see him have a gauntlet match against Cobb, Lawlor and Spicy Karl.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Germansimp posted:

Is he scheduled for any more Lion's Break shows or is he back to being only on Impact? Feel like wanting to see him have a gauntlet match against Cobb, Lawlor and Spicy Karl.

He was on the one that dropped yesterday. I'm presuming he's part of NJPW Strong, whatever that turns out to be.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Maybe they have a TV deal in the US for the US brand? Which seems like a bad idea in general, and worse in pandemic times. Basically missing the point of NJPW's appeal to US audiences in the same way as they did when basing the US tours around the Elite/BC and ONLY them.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
https://twitter.com/MegaTJP/status/1286947583194144770

this fuckin guy lmao

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

I think he misunderstood the people constantly going up to him after matches and asking "what the gently caress dude???"

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

One would assume if Jushin Liger comes up to you looking for some feedback about this or that in the match you just did together, that you would be polite and ask some questions in return.

If anything, just so you could say you had a meaningful talking shop moment with Jushin Liger

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Or he's misunderstanding the teaching method being used. "Why did you do that moonsault during the heat?" isn't them being impressed by your genius, dude, it's them trying to get you to think about what you're doing.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I'm just imagining how differently these scenarios must play out in the heads of the party involved. Like highly generic flippyboy TJP legitimately thinks the Jushin Thunder fuckin Liger was like 'wow kid you're a true ring general I bow to your superior skills.' And I have to think Liger looks back and goes 'jesus am I ever glad that was a one time thing.'

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Neodoomium posted:

One would assume if Jushin Liger comes up to you looking for some feedback about this or that in the match you just did together, that you would be polite and ask some questions in return.

If anything, just so you could say you had a meaningful talking shop moment with Jushin Liger

Jushin Liger, who has trained some of the greatest high flyers/juniors/Cruiserweights/however you wanna refer to them on top of being #1 or #1a himself, walking up to anyone and being like “so what’d you think?” should be like grabbing a hot dog from a cart vendor and turning around and bumping into Jesus. Like, in all natural order of things, this shouldn’t be happening, so you better take your moment and take in as much as you can before it’s over.

So of course TJP probably didn’t take that moment. Because he’s TJP.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
We get it, he's an idiot.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

TJ's so dumb that we passed right over Aries being insanely stupid again

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Neodoomium posted:

I didn't see any Aries tweet :v:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

I didn't see any Aries tweet :v:

Just him tripling down on his coronavirus beliefs

MassRafTer posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Neodoomium posted:

TJs dumb tweet was somewhat novel, Aries’ was business as usual for him