Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Poll
This poll is closed.
Yes 151 82.51%
No 32 17.49%
Total: 183 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

The doc's learning first hand how lovely the american people are. He almost made it through with his faith intact

I would not be surprised if he retires and relocates to go help a country that will actually listen to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Fallom posted:

Can’t be a good leader if you don’t know who you’re leading

I wonder if things might have gone differently if the leaders in infectious disease response had known what personalities they’d be dealing with

Probably not. They just aren't the kind of people who are prepared to deal with this kind of bullshit.

ganglysumbia
Jan 29, 2005

Wasabi the J posted:

and it's pretty obvious then that no one has confirmed poo poo, the dude is talking out of his rear end in a top hat, and the DOD lets it slide because lol why not do some distraction with your dollars? that poo poo worked 70 years ago, and it'll work today.

At this point it’s on the scientific community to confirm it is not real.

With the Cmdr. Fravor and similar incidents what is that besides the the DoD saying there is poo poo out there and we don’t know what exactly. How do you go about confirming something like that beyond what FLIR, radar, and ever other sensor that was picking it up out there?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Proving a negative. Always a reasonable thing to demand.

Meshka
Nov 27, 2016

Wasabi the J posted:

But it is not a negative. There are three flir videos, 2 from the navy and one from CBP in Puerto Rico. They are not birds, they are not drones and they display technology far beyond of what we have.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Meshka posted:

But it is not a negative. There are three flir videos, 2 from the navy and one from CBP in Puerto Rico. They are not birds, they are not drones and they display technology far beyond of what we have.

...that you know of.

They said the same poo poo about the Various Skunk Works projects and more.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

bulletsponge13 posted:

...that you know of.

Which was the point my tired 4am rear end was trying to make.

Meshka
Nov 27, 2016

bulletsponge13 posted:

...that you know of.

It is a possibility, but if you assume that the Navy pilots are not lying, then the objects moved tens of miles instantaneously with no exhaust on the object. That defies our knowledge of physics and is not something Lockheed or Darpa came up with. That kind of technology is not the next step in our aviation technology, it is many factors above that. I do not believe it is possible that the objects are human made.

ganglysumbia
Jan 29, 2005

Wasabi the J posted:

I understand.
But you have some tech out there that either we or our competitors have that can run circles around modern fighter jets for 18+ hours a day without a visible propulsion system all the whole actively jamming sensors when desired. Not to mention turning any meat inside to paste with the maneuvers taken. Any part of that reasonable?

brains
May 12, 2004

Meshka posted:

It is a possibility, but if you assume that the Navy pilots are not lying, then the objects moved tens of miles instantaneously with no exhaust on the object. That defies our knowledge of physics and is not something Lockheed or Darpa came up with. That kind of technology is not the next step in our aviation technology, it is many factors above that. I do not believe it is possible that the objects are human made.

what's more likely, intergalactic aliens visiting our planet in hyper-maneuverable atmospheric flight-capable craft but only in front of supersonic jets on very rare occasions, or an unknown FLIR artifact bug in either sensor or software? or an unknown atmospheric effect refracting light in certain conditions? or any of a dozen other explanations of terrestrial origin that doesn't include aliens?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Meshka posted:

You tell em chief

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Geez, 2020 even got Reege.

https://twitter.com/sagaftraFOUND/status/1287109131887759360?s=19

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Also sundogs would be visible in every spectrum and seem to react to pilots in erratic ways.

Sundogs are loving trippy to look at but they're just hosed up stupid rainbow cousins that no one talks about.

Rainbow Chuds.

But yes we should try to verify if our pilots are fulla poo poo and the only fighter jockeys I knew were taking double doses of nootropics and Adderall before sorties.

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jul 25, 2020

ganglysumbia
Jan 29, 2005
Sundogs mixed with some Oceanic Swamp Gas most likely.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

brains posted:

or any of a dozen other explanations of terrestrial origin that doesn't include aliens?

Swamp gas balloons released by the mothman and his recent wedding to mothwoman.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Meshka posted:

:freep:

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

https://youtu.be/csi__A9X7wU

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Swamp gas balloons released by the mothman and his recent wedding to mothwoman.

As someone who is finishing up his Diploma in Cryptozoology from the Centre of Excellence (https://www.centreofexcellence.com/shop/cryptozoology-diploma-course/), I can say, this checks out.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Fuckin' hell, took them long enough.

https://twitter.com/WeAreSinclair/status/1287110687093714944?s=19

https://twitter.com/WeAreSinclair/status/1287110688813363200?s=19

Evil fucks.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
If there are actual aliens that are capable of ftl travel they would not come here to fly around stupid drones. They would come here to either enslave us all to use as a ready workforce to take whatever crap they wanted from the planet, or simply eat us since we are made out of meat.

What we should be doing is gearing up to war with those aliens instead of killing other humans!

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

They're probably just dicking around because they expected us to have killed ourselves off a few times over by now

Meshka
Nov 27, 2016

ded posted:

If there are actual aliens that are capable of ftl travel they would not come here to fly around stupid drones. They would come here to either enslave us all to use as a ready workforce to take whatever crap they wanted from the planet, or simply eat us since we are made out of meat.

What we should be doing is gearing up to war with those aliens instead of killing other humans!

I mean look at the Sentinel island. As a fairly advanced civilization, we are not going there to take them or develop the island, we designated the whole thing as a no go zone and fly planes over it every once in a while to check if they are still alive.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Meshka posted:

I mean look at the Sentinel island. As a fairly advanced civilization, we are not going there to take them or develop the island, we designated the whole thing as a no go zone and fly planes over it every once in a while to check if they are still alive.

Then we better start windmilling our cocks at them like they do on Sentinel island.

Meshka
Nov 27, 2016

ded posted:

Then we better start windmilling our cocks at them like they do on Sentinel island.

If I ever see a UFO, I might.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The next time I see a UFO, I'll wave my dick at it, just for you, ded.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Meshka posted:

Welp case closed youve done it buddy

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

ded posted:

How the gently caress have YOU been greeting them?

Meshka
Nov 27, 2016

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Welp case closed youve done it buddy

Thank you, I know. Rubio went public with this and I think they demanded a public report from the Pentagon. Now obviously they will redact and obfuscate as usual, but we might get something interesting out if it.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I can't be the only person that feels awful for people born into one of those uncontacted tribes. What do you think their life expectancy is?

We obviously shouldn't force modernity onto people that have made it clear they don't want anything to do with us.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Man, I didn't realize he was that old. 88 is a great run.

Meshka
Nov 27, 2016

Mustang posted:

I can't be the only person that feels awful for people born into one of those uncontacted tribes. What do you think their life expectancy is?

We obviously shouldn't force modernity onto people that have made it clear they don't want anything to do with us.

Their life expectancy is not as high as ours, but I feel like if we brought them in it would cause then more damage than good. I am sure they are still happy, they have their way of life. Except in Amazon, where the Brazilians are doing their best to ruin them.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I recently heard a conspiracy theory that all UFO sightings throughout history are tine travelling humans on a historical safari.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Jump to 42:00, NFAC spotted and called out a potential sniper during their Louisville march today

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1YpKkNpoRajxj

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

ganglysumbia posted:

I understand.
But you have some tech out there that either we or our competitors have that can run circles around modern fighter jets for 18+ hours a day without a visible propulsion system all the whole actively jamming sensors when desired. Not to mention turning any meat inside to paste with the maneuvers taken. Any part of that reasonable?

lol no my dude

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Mustang posted:

For pretty much any society the hard part is making past infancy, after that point life expectancy is within a decade or so of any other society. When people say stuff like "expectancy in the X Time Period was only 40 years" it's not because people didn't routinely make it to 70, it's because the average is being brought down by infant mortality.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

have we covered this yet

https://twitter.com/greg_doucette/s...ingawful.com%2F

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

"are you police?"
"don't worry about it!"

That's loving sickening

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

they are, in fact, private contractors.

https://www.krgv.com/news/ap-exclusive-migrant-children-held-in-mcallen-hotel-before-being-deported

https://www.themonitor.com/2020/07/24/activists-try-reach-migrant-children-detained-mcallen-hotel/

E: are you loving kidding me they're hiring linguists who speak "Urban Dialect English"

https://mvminc.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/mvmcareers/job/Charlotte-NC/Urban-Dialect-English-Linguist---Charlotte--NC_R-2000213

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jul 26, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Meshka posted:

People do go there from time to time, and we've crushed plenty of other primitive civilizations in exactly the manner you're claiming we don't do. The only reason anyone's even heard of the Sentinelese is because they're among the last remaining examples.