Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
You are grossly overestimating that anyone at bethesda plays the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

was there some goon FO76 related discord posted recently or am I high

nevermind I probablly should have checked the op before moron posting

bird with big dick fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jul 22, 2020

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Double score is being awarded on the dailies this weekend.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Mr Hootington posted:

Double score is being awarded on the dailies this weekend.

Nice. I should get ahead of the timing on the season. I feel like such a sucker for chasing these dailies down day after day. They got me. Its fun sometimes. Other days, its just "how do i do this as fast as possible and how lovely is the NW daily?" Placing camps is wonderful. Leveling in nw sucks when you are outa packs to open.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I’m 12 jumps behind because when the season started I was out of town for work and It causes me to cry myself to sleep I need to catch up I want that pack you get for winning

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

ZombieCrew posted:

I feel like such a sucker for chasing these dailies down day after day. They got me.
You and me both. Oh I get a paint scheme for power armor I don't even own? Gotta get that. My least favorite daily has to be "Kill 3 legendary enemies" because gently caress you, you can't just go somewhere and kill a legendary. That could take 30 minutes or it could take 2 hours depending on luck unless I'm missing some weird trick to find a guaranteed legendary. I do all the events but sometimes they are really rare or have are events that are hard to get a legendary on, like Tea Time or Mama Dolce's. I usually end up traveling all over the map before just setting in near a Fissure Site and shoot every scorchbeast that spawns until one comes out special.

I was a little excited about double score weekend but it is only for daily challenges which means it is only like getting 4 (or 5?) bonus days total. I still have 40 levels to go before I can get that disappointment of having nothing left to see progress on.

Every Man Jack
Jan 14, 2010
Pillbug

CapnBry posted:

My least favorite daily has to be "Kill 3 legendary enemies" because gently caress you, you can't just go somewhere and kill a legendary. That could take 30 minutes or it could take 2 hours depending on luck unless I'm missing some weird trick to find a guaranteed legendary.

The easiest way I've found to farm legendaries is Leader of the Pack. Each of the three packs are led by a level 10 legendary which is an easy kill.

I struggled with the kill three cryptids until I found the sunken train yard where I can reliably kill snallygasters, provided nobody else had the same idea.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I found anglers, snallygasters and anglers all over the toxic wastes. Start at the pioneer scout cabins to the north, head to the hemlock holes. The farm in the south of the wastes has some cryptids too.

Also, as I near level 50 I've been thinking how to focus this dumb gimmick bow build I've been running since I got the plan at like level 10. I've carried a shotgun as an "OH gently caress SWARMS OF ENEMIES ARE CHASING ME" backup weapon, but I've needed it less and less as my character has gotten sneakier. Now that I have the stealth suit, I've basically been able to sneak around and murder anything that is is front of me with impunity, so I'm about to drop the shotgun in favor of a pair of bows, one explosive, one plasma and maybe one ultracite bow in the future for murdering rear end in a top hat scorchbeasts.

https://nukesdragons.com/fallout76/...pd2pk2pl2pp2iq2

The rifle perks are there to be swapped out if I ever get bored with running this gimmick and a gun repair perk as needed. I can always have armorer to swap in later if wind up with some fancy bloodied bow and wanna pair it with unyielding armor.

Am I missing anything?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Looks fine but, --

I've been using gunsmith lvl 3 for awhile so not to use 5 perk points and guns still break pretty slow. An idea if you want to shave some points.
Hacking perk cards are super rarely used and you could swap them in when you need them.
Same case could be made for hard bargain.
Luck of the draw might be bugged.

-- you need some mutations.

With how common public groups are, and that you can make a group of just yourself, herd mentality is a flat +3 all special stats.
Egghead with class freak and stranger in numbers is a wopping +8 int with -<1 str/end.
If you only plan to use ranged eagle eyes is a perception buff. I might even be considering this for my build because that extra perception would kinda help.

These would require starched genes, so you cant lose mutations. And class freak so that all negative parts of mutations are reduced.

I'm starting to see strange in numbers is the best card to share in a party because each copy of it increases the positive effects of mutations by 25%. You can share it at 3 charisma and the card stacks with itself. If all members of the group use strange in numbers, doubles everyone's mutation. You can actually stack every card in the game through group sharing, so if everyone is sharing a rank 3 slugger card then that is another 60% dmg for that weapon type.

These are just my opinions if you don't like it whatever then, the game doesn't really require meta game solutions.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jul 25, 2020

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

Looks fine but, --

I've been using gunsmith lvl 3 for awhile so not to use 5 perk points and guns still break pretty slow. An idea if you want to shave some points.
Hacking perk cards are super rarely used and you could swap them in when you need them.

With how common public groups are, and that you can make a group of just yourself, herd mentality is a flat +3 all special stats.
Egghead with class freak and stranger in numbers is a wopping +8 int with -<1 str/end.
If you only plan to use ranged eagle eyes is a perception buff. I might even be considering this for my build because that extra perception would kinda help.

These would require starched genes, so you cant lose mutations. And class freak so that all negative parts of mutations are reduced.

I'm starting to see strange in numbers is the best card to share in a party because each copy of it increases the positive effects of mutations by 25%. You can share it at 3 charisma and the card stacks with itself. If all members of the group use strange in numbers, doubles everyone's mutation. You can actually stack every card in the game through group sharing, so if everyone is sharing a rank 3 slugger card then that is another 60% dmg for that weapon type.

These are just my opinions if you don't like it whatever then, the game doesn't really require meta game solutions.

Sharing strange in numbers doesn’t make it stack.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
I share the traveling discount perk and run the 3 point card that boosts exp while in a group. I only have 4 charisma.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

MarshyMcFly posted:

Sharing strange in numbers doesn’t make it stack.

Yes it does, every thing can be stacked.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

Looks fine but, --

https://nukesdragons.com/fallout76/...=c52iq2&m=05c4b

Something more like this? I'd say chameleon and the health regen mutations look fun too, but I'd need to see if chameleon works with the stealth armor.

Edit: And yeah, while not necessary, if I'm gonna run a gimmick, I'm gonna stick to it. Its honestly proved to be pretty fun and a decent challenge at points.

Edit 2: I just realized that if I wound up with a twoshot explosive bow with explosive arrow mod, I'd be shooting 4 explosions per arrow. Oh god that would be fun shooting a swarm of ghouls, bugs or similar. :allears:

I'm sure a basic explosive shotgun or automatic rifle build can out damage it, but its not nearly as silly. :getin:

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Jul 25, 2020

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

That doesn’t make sense. If you share a perk card that someone else already has it doesn’t do anything. You can’t share a lockpick perk card with someone with the same card and give them two lockpick skill.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
I joined a group that had a dude over level 1000 yesterday. Is that even possible or did he exploit somehow?

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

Tenzarin posted:

I server bounced looking for a group with someone sharing Strange in Numbers last night (why was this so hard to do? Share a perk, people!) and it didn't seem to make any difference in my SPECIAL, damage done, or damage taken when I equipped or unequipped my Strange in Numbers. I also don't think I jumped any higher, fell any slower, reloaded any faster, or herbivored any more.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

CapnBry posted:

I server bounced looking for a group with someone sharing Strange in Numbers last night (why was this so hard to do? Share a perk, people!) and it didn't seem to make any difference in my SPECIAL, damage done, or damage taken when I equipped or unequipped my Strange in Numbers. I also don't think I jumped any higher, fell any slower, reloaded any faster, or herbivored any more.

Well shucks, it would have been super cool if it stacked. I know one card still gives you 25% bonus for mutations and it still only costs 3 char to share, still making it a decent card to share.

Dravs posted:

I joined a group that had a dude over level 1000 yesterday. Is that even possible or did he exploit somehow?

There is a number of possible ways to gain that many levels and like no way to know how they did it. Grenade disarm exploit, god mode stacking, literally farming super mutants forever, prenerf molemen.

Elmnt80 posted:

Something more like this? I'd say chameleon and the health regen mutations look fun too, but I'd need to see if chameleon works with the stealth armor.

Yea, this works too. It looks like you got the idea down that you can just swap cards when you need them.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Jul 25, 2020

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

Dravs posted:

There's a bunch of quick XP methods out there. Glassed cavern, Line in the Sand, etc.

Line in the Sand in specific, in its glitched out form where scorched spawn in a big pile, is huge for XP. I know some players that gained 100-200 levels during last weekend's XP event, just jumping around and doing LITS.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Elmnt80 posted:

Edit: And yeah, while not necessary, if I'm gonna run a gimmick, I'm gonna stick to it. Its honestly proved to be pretty fun and a decent challenge at points.

Edit 2: I just realized that if I wound up with a twoshot explosive bow with explosive arrow mod, I'd be shooting 4 explosions per arrow. Oh god that would be fun shooting a swarm of ghouls, bugs or similar. :allears:

I'm sure a basic explosive shotgun or automatic rifle build can out damage it, but its not nearly as silly. :getin:

Yea don’t bother keeping lockpick perks on unless your trying to lockpick something. Then once your done just take them off. I’d suggest full concentrated fire and bow perks if your going to go full stealth bow build. Also those weight reduction perks are a waste if you can manage your inventory and stash well. Deep pocketed armor can help with that too. 1 perk in sun-kissed is amazing because it eliminates your rads without you even doing anything. Swap it with aqua boy. Also light footed could be replaced too. Traps aren’t that common and don’t do that much damage. Gun fu and grim reapers sprint is an amazing combo. Props to you for that!

MarshyMcFly fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jul 25, 2020

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Dravs posted:

Nah just plays a lot. I’ve seen 600+ ppl on PS4,

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer
When I started playing this I set out with my normal RPG mentality of trying to find an ideal build and min-maxing gear setups. After around level 50 I found out almost nothing matters because there's only a few enemies I can't just one-shot. I was running stealth rifleman but I was shooting everything for over 3000 damage with a one-star intigating lever gun and a mishmash of found armor. Most things in the game don't even have 1000HP so I started swapping out perks for stuff that was more fun and just being commando with gun fu and a non-legendary The Fixer. Sure, sometimes I have to double click a guy to kill him but it is fun to just run and gun instead of sneaking up on people. One nice thing about this game is that almost any combination is viable just because there are a lot of very OP combinations.

I have my own question, speaking of min-maxing. When I was leveling I was trying to get the Shielded Raiders Underarmor lining (the top one). I have done every quest, the crater daily every day, every Guided Meditaion, every Uranium Fever (and almost every other event when it pops up). I still don't have the plan two months later. I have all the lower level ones, just not this one. That's ok though because I want the Shielded Casual Underarmor now, which is a drop as well. I do not have this one either despite always doing Queen of the Hunt every time it is up. Do these Shielded plans come from somewhere else now?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Just go buy the secret service underarmor and shielded recipe for it as its the "best" underarmor. Well it gives 4 str but the dr underarmor gets is really low so meh.

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

Tenzarin posted:

Just go buy the secret service underarmor and shielded recipe for it as its the "best" underarmor. Well it gives 4 str but the dr underarmor gets is really low so meh.
But it isn't the best underarmor, what the gently caress am I going to do with 4 strength? Yes it has the highest stat sum on it but really the only stat worth having for me is INT. It is only one more than Vault Dweller Underarmor but I mean what else is there to do once the game is finished besides collect these ultra-rare but virtually worthless items.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Hrmmmm the vault suit does have int, well you have a good point! I may go back to using that, that's like 12%? more exp. These level up dailes are loving killing me.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

Hrmmmm the vault suit does have int, well you have a good point! I may go back to using that, that's like 12%? more exp. These level up dailes are loving killing me.

Not to push completely altering your build or anything but if you run a full bloodied build you can get up to like 40 intellect and level ups are a thing of the past!

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

What good is levelling up after you've taken all the perks you want?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Chamale posted:

What good is levelling up after you've taken all the perks you want?

Perk cards have to be cashed in for legendary perks. Might as well bank them now.

I've been contemplating banking levels and perks and just give into the bloody builds. Being a full power armor and heavy weapon build is just disappointing in some ways. I do not feel invincible. I have to juggle ammo.

Legendary power armor pieces are needed.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

MarshyMcFly posted:

Not to push completely altering your build or anything but if you run a full bloodied build you can get up to like 40 intellect and level ups are a thing of the past!

I'm stuck with like 9? int something weird and want more but cant decide what to shave. So i get up to 32? something int atm and kinda want to go more.

I might even consider dropping some str but havent decided yet.

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

MarshyMcFly posted:

Yeah I am wearing a mishmash of random garbo Unyielding just for more intellect, eat brain fungus soup (too lazy to keep brain bombs around), eat cranberry relish, get in a Building group, and get a level and a half doing Guided Meditation. Having 35+ intelligence and +25% XP all the time is great. I don't need strength because my max carry weight is like 400 with 0 points allocated to strength and I am ranged. It is like super level up hax, which is why I want to get that +1 more intelligence from Shielded Casual Underarmor. Looks like they only just fixed the rank 3 version by adding it to vendors in September of last year, so hopefully having that is all it takes for it to drop.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

It took a while to get used to using a bloodied build but I think I have the cards to make it work. I forgot I was dying a bunch to heights because I didn’t have the bird bones mutation. So I got that and also have full dodgy, blocker, serendipity, nerd rage, and ricochet for defense. It’s super powerful and has good defense options as well. Was running full mysterious stranger too at one point. It helps a lot if you blow yourself up by accident lmao.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I feel bad for Ward every time I talk to him I feel like his life is sad and unfulfilling.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Pubbies literally don’t understand anything. They kicked me out of a party because I wasn’t sharing strange in number like the rest of them. LOOK AT YOUR STATS PEOPLE!!!

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I did a pass at my perks and now I have a random number of perks.

And before you ask why don't I have full int cards, I just don't care and int has a really lovely selection. I plan to switch out the travel perk with strange in numbers depending on what pubs are using.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

If a level 1 card offers you a 20%+ bonus to something, and a level 3 only adds another 10% on top of that, then you're better off keeping the level 1 equipped and use the two perk points you'd have sunk into it on something else

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Does anyone bother with the Nuclear Winter challenges?

Related, is Nuclear Winter worth bothering with at all? There seem to be some 'easy' challenges that award perk card packs but I wouldn't expect a BR game mode shoehorned into Bethesda's crusty engine to be any good.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

ErrEff posted:

Related, is Nuclear Winter worth bothering with at all? There seem to be some 'easy' challenges that award perk card packs but I wouldn't expect a BR game mode shoehorned into Bethesda's crusty engine to be any good.
its not great but it has some interesting awards sometimes

those perk cards are only usable in NW mode btw

DebonaireD
May 7, 2007

NW mode is fine - it's kinda funny how much of the typical fallout stuff slots into battle royale pretty neatly. I think it works anyway as a quick way to try out the different weapons in the game and see if you find something new you like without spending resources.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

ErrEff posted:

I’ll do them if I know I can complete them in one round (like the setup a camp you can do immediately and then it doesn’t matter if you get headshotted three seconds later).

I dont bother with stuff like the use three stimpacks because there are rounds where I don’t even find a single stimpack.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

This is the reason why I play this game:

https://youtu.be/tGiP6C9PA9o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
beckett is shooting off some loads