Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Posting this again because original post is a few pages back:

If you are leveling to 50 - and you are not wearing training gear - Please reach out to me.
@Mordgier via in game mail.

List the build you are going for and I will craft you a training set at no cost.

Do keep pestering me when that set becomes stale, basically every 20 levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

https://massivelyop.com/2020/07/20/the-elder-scrolls-online-is-pulled-from-stadia-pros-lineup-causing-players-to-cry-foul/

Stadia continues to be poo poo, news at 11

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007

FileNotFound posted:

If you are leveling to 50 - and you are not wearing training gear - Please reach out to me.

List the build you are going for and I will craft you a training set at no cost.

just got some armor from this goon and it's much appreciated! I have no idea what I'm doing so a veteran player taking 10 minutes to drop some wisdom is great. you're doing a public service.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Any of you relatively new players want 30ish green/blue recipes, blueprints and such? I'm such a terrible hoarder I cant even stop myself from picking up known recipes.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

valuum posted:

Any of you relatively new players want 30ish green/blue recipes, blueprints and such? I'm such a terrible hoarder I cant even stop myself from picking up known recipes.

I'll take them. I'm @phorashi in game.

parara
Apr 9, 2010

FileNotFound posted:

Praise this goon, I am a complete newbie who has no idea what they're doing armour wise so this helped so much. Hit him up!

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

I am also on pretty much every day at ~9pm EST - 1AM and can get you instant dungeon queues with my tank - and I maybe able to get someone to run DPS to turn the whole thing into a speed run.

Get your daily random dungeon xp and get started building up your stack of transmutes.

Queue for random dungeons as DPS is hell so either pester me or join a large guild that you can get guildies to run dungeons with. The goon guild is pretty much dead.

I myself am in http://www.vanquishguild.com/ as my 'primary' guild, as are 5 other goons (although 3 of those 5 haven't been active lately) - it's a super helpful guild for new players.

Also all the armor I build is fully based on the builds from https://alcasthq.com/ - so I suggest following those guides for the gear progression as well. I can help farm the dungeon gear and monster helmets as well once you're 160.

FileNotFound fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Jul 22, 2020

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

probably time to change the guild leadership since the current message is game dead lol

not me though lol gently caress that

but yeah someone else at this point

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

idk like someone who plays regularly i guess anyone want to stand up

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
What does a guild leader have to do? (I don't know this game too well)

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
How have the announced performance patches panned out? I figured I'd wait until after the one where you had to redownload the entire game to play again.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Berke Negri posted:

probably time to change the guild leadership since the current message is game dead lol

Guild dead though. There aren't enough people in it to have any events and it's basically just a chat channel at this point - and a dead one at that - don't think I heard a word said in it past two weeks.

There isn't a good reason to try to revitalize it unless there is suddenly a massive influx of goons - which I don't see happening.

With the ability to join 5 guilds, any goon can and should join a bunch of pubbie guilds and find one they like enough to actually interact with.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

OhFunny posted:

How have the announced performance patches panned out? I figured I'd wait until after the one where you had to redownload the entire game to play again.

On console it definitely helps at crowded dolmens. Aaaaaaand that’s about it.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

OhFunny posted:

I hate pvp in ESO and if Cyrodil is your draw for the game - I think there's something wrong with you...

But in terms of raid and zone performance, it's a lot better, but frankly I'd say that's because the population spike from Greymoor release and the spring free to play event has dropped off rather than due to some ZOS coding efforts.

The PvP event was supposedly absolute poo poo - I say supposedly because I stayed the gently caress out of Cyrodil - it had a queue and I wouldn't set foot in there normally, so a 40 minute queue hardly incentivised me to find out for myself how hosed up it is.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

New Players: Pack your bags and go to Summerset.

It doesn't matter if the story hasn't told you to go there, it's petty much stand alone and you can start the story there with no pre-requisites.

You want to do this for several reasons:

First and foremost - resource nodes give x2 resources for the next 10 days. If you have ESO Plus (And you really should) this is a fantastic way to get rich. It doesn't matter what tier you can mine, the money comes from the resins. Do not refine your resources till you have refining skills maxed out.

Second - dailies give double rewards. This is a pretty big deal as dailies have a chance to give motifs that sell for 10k each and upwards.

Third - Most activities also reward coffers that contain vendor trash and resources.

Foruth - There are tons of players to do geysers and world bosses due to the event - normally Summerset is pretty dead and unlike the original game areas the Summerset WB and gyser 'dolmen' are not soloable by most players. So if you want to turn those icons white - this is your chance.

If you are reading this and wondering "OK but how do I sell crap?" I suggest joining a trading guild, my recommendation for newer players is the "Food and Stuff" guild, dues are only 7k or 50k of sales a week and these are very attainable even for new players who can sell all the resources they harvest.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Oh hey, I played this on xbox like 2 years ago.

Aaaand just reinstalled this poo poo. How's it going?

insider
Feb 22, 2007

A secret room... always my favourite room in a house.

FileNotFound posted:

It doesn't matter if the story hasn't told you to go there, it's petty much stand alone and you can start the story there with no pre-requisites.

First and foremost - resource nodes give x2 resources for the next 10 days. If you have ESO Plus (And you really should) this is a fantastic way to get rich. It doesn't matter what tier you can mine, the money comes from the resins. Do not refine your resources till you have refining skills maxed out.

Second - dailies give double rewards. This is a pretty big deal as dailies have a chance to give motifs that sell for 10k each and upwards.

Third - Most activities also reward coffers that contain vendor trash and resources.

Foruth - There are tons of players to do geysers and world bosses due to the event - normally Summerset is pretty dead and unlike the original game areas the Summerset WB and gyser 'dolmen' are not soloable by most players. So if you want to turn those icons white - this is your chance.

If you are reading this and wondering "OK but how do I sell crap?" I suggest joining a trading guild, my recommendation for newer players is the "Food and Stuff" guild, dues are only 7k or 50k of sales a week and these are very attainable even for new players who can sell all the resources they harvest.

Cool thanks for this. I've been going in story 'order' (currently in Coldharbor), but I'll switch over to Summerset for the event.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

FileNotFound posted:

Not challenging you but can you define “most players” that can’t solo geysers? I’m solo them with my Sorc and my Stan Warden. Is it a class thing?

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Doctor Zero posted:

Not challenging you but can you define “most players” that can’t solo geysers? I’m solo them with my Sorc and my Stan Warden. Is it a class thing?

"Most players" suck hard - I solo them just fine as well. New players are going to get their rear end handed to them by a Summerset Geyser or WB.

They're totally doable solo - but they are a HUGE increase in difficulty from regular dolemn and overland bosses so that tends to catch people off guard.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

FileNotFound posted:

"Most players" suck hard - I solo them just fine as well. New players are going to get their rear end handed to them by a Summerset Geyser or WB.

They're totally doable solo - but they are a HUGE increase in difficulty from regular dolemn and overland bosses so that tends to catch people off guard.

poo poo, I got my rear end handed to me tonight by keelbreaker in a full group.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Error 404 posted:

Me too, but I know I'm not very good. I can't imagine soloing that one.

JadaX
Nov 25, 2008

Berke Negri posted:

Tbf the game has gone downhill for a while now.

I'm a little biased though because I quit in August 2019.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

FileNotFound posted:

Ah yeah that’s true. The first time I tried I was like “I can solo dolmens I’m sure this is the same” - NOPE

And yeah Keelbreaker sucks with his loving one shot abilities. I can’t imagine it’s doable without range.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Error 404 posted:

Keelspliter is my favorite - to watch pubbies fight him from a distance once he's in phase 3 and the 1 shot attacks start.

I highly recommend tagging him and going a bit back to observe the hilarity because he consistently kills multiple pubbies per attack and I find it hilarious.

He can be soloed with a ranged build, my bow bow warden can do him - but it really sucks. With ranged you just got to dodge the aoes and not step on snakes.

If you have 25k hp which you can hit with alacast's solo builds, his 1 shot ability won't actually 1 shot you so you could probably melee him with that hp, but I've never tried.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

FileNotFound posted:

Keelspliter is my favorite - to watch pubbies fight him from a distance once he's in phase 3 and the 1 shot attacks start.

I highly recommend tagging him and going a bit back to observe the hilarity because he consistently kills multiple pubbies per attack and I find it hilarious.

He can be soloed with a ranged build, my bow bow warden can do him - but it really sucks. With ranged you just got to dodge the aoes and not step on snakes.

If you have 25k hp which you can hit with alacast's solo builds, his 1 shot ability won't actually 1 shot you so you could probably melee him with that hp, but I've never tried.

Well, I did it on a magsorc built 2 years ago, within a couple hours of logging on for the first time since then, doing about 15k on a dummy in my house with a halfassed half remembered rotation and then just saying gently caress it and rolling with it.

Also, I was never great at rotations but I could hit 25-30k consistently back in the day (I always halfassed my rotation because gently caress it) but now I've done a few dummy parses and it seems like dps in general is harder to hit higher numbers but holy poo poo I'm building ult like 2 or 3x as fast and popping those off A LOT more.

Is that a thing now? Like I know yall have had a lot of nerfs and balance and people are pissed, but yeah.

As for sets, I had siroria/mothers sorrow golded and stuff back then so thats what im rolling now. I know False God is the new hotness but loving trials are what burned me out last time so I'm not in a hurry.

I've skimmed Alcast and I'll probably update my build, this is just kind of a first impression since I came back post.

E: I know Valkyn isnt the meta right now but lol that fucker is proccing like crazy too, I love it lol.

Error 404 fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jul 26, 2020

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Got randomed into White Gold Tower and that is the longest most complex dungeon I've done so far. There was clearly one person in the group who knew what they were doing and at least two of us doing it for the first time. I died 5 times and we party wiped twice, but as frustrating as it was it was pretty cool.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

Got randomed into White Gold Tower and that is the longest most complex dungeon I've done so far. There was clearly one person in the group who knew what they were doing and at least two of us doing it for the first time. I died 5 times and we party wiped twice, but as frustrating as it was it was pretty cool.

You my friend got to get ESO plus and do some DLC dungeons because they'll make White Gold Tower and Imperial City Prisons look like a walk in the park.

Lots of very challenging mechanics and most of them quite long compared to base dungeons.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

I'm definitely not there yet, I was clearly the worst in the group (being CP145 stretching outleveled unenchanted training gear to get to 160 did not help), but it changed dungeons from "thing to do to get XP and a skill point" to "thing I'd be interested in doing for their own sake."

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

I'm definitely not there yet, I was clearly the worst in the group (being CP145 stretching outleveled unenchanted training gear to get to 160 did not help), but it changed dungeons from "thing to do to get XP and a skill point" to "thing I'd be interested in doing for their own sake."

Once you get to 160 hit me up and we'll run some dugneons for gear and I can craft whatever to fill in the rest.

We'll do what we can on vet for extra fun mode and monster helms

FileNotFound fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Jul 26, 2020

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

[laughs in March of Sacrifices/Wolfhunter keep]

Evader
May 20, 2008

One morning, when I woke up, there was a lizard in my room.
@Evader requesting invite

I am so very scared

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...
So I'm playing through the new DLC and... Were Reachmen always Scottish?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Overemotional Robot posted:

So I'm playing through the new DLC and... Were Reachmen always Scottish?

Since they first appeared in Skyrim, yeah.

A lot of their names and place names are Gaelic too.

Edit: the Bretons are kinda mapped to English/french people. Nords are pretty clearly scandinavian-ish. So the people in between them seem to be loosely mapped to scottish folks similarly.

Error 404 fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Jul 27, 2020

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Sorry I'm new to this game. Is 11 hours of patch day downtime normal?

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

mrmcd posted:

Sorry I'm new to this game. Is 11 hours of patch day downtime normal?

Hard naw.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...

Error 404 posted:

Since they first appeared in Skyrim, yeah.

A lot of their names and place names are Gaelic too.

Edit: the Bretons are kinda mapped to English/french people. Nords are pretty clearly scandinavian-ish. So the people in between them seem to be loosely mapped to scottish folks similarly.

I actually never noticed that. I never let them live long enough to listen to them in Skyrim.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

There might be a basis in Scottish folklore, but there are definitely no Scottish accents in Skyrim.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

that's because there are no dwarves

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Hello Sailor posted:

that's because there are no dwarves

well there were, but they were evil pricks and died

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Nerd Of Prey posted:

There might be a basis in Scottish folklore, but there are definitely no Scottish accents in Skyrim.

I never made the claim that they were good accents.