Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Arcanuse posted:

Any folks still playing Evolve?
Checked in after remembering, and it seems it's been getting a steady supply of updates since it was last brought up here.

Trying out the Pinguicula, and not having to put workers on mining stone is nice.
Gonna see how they pair with Ent not needing wood and how well that turns out. :v:
E: turns out all plants now have Sappy, not just Pinguicula; so that's gonna be helpful.

Thanks for dragging me back into this. Trying to get the ant as the first race, I kept getting Mantis so I said gently caress it. Turns out, they can now ritually sacrifice their citizens for a bonus to resource generation, and they make babies fast. Spend 5 minutes of production to get a 15% bonus to combat, regeneration, research, miners and lumberjacks for several hours? Sure. Sign me the gently caress up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Slowly making my way towards Evil in NGU and cleaning up drops, challenges, etc before I cross that threshold. Unsurprisingly, one of the last challenges I haven't finished is Troll. I alternate it with some of the other slow ones between quests or goal runs now.

Unfortunately, this meant I forgot you can rebirth in Troll until someone else in the office reminded me because of the sheer profanity I was letting out as it cut every modifier out from under me for a fifth time in a row.

It turns out after three hours of that, the rebirth bonus was enough I just shotgunned past the goal in one Nuke click.

I have four more of these to go. I may not have a job at this rate.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Troll challenges are a lot of 3-5 minute rebirths for me, just getting to the point where you can rebirth and waiting to soak a Big Troll before rebirthing it away.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

END ME SCOOB posted:

Slowly making my way towards Evil in NGU and cleaning up drops, challenges, etc before I cross that threshold. Unsurprisingly, one of the last challenges I haven't finished is Troll. I alternate it with some of the other slow ones between quests or goal runs now.

Unfortunately, this meant I forgot you can rebirth in Troll until someone else in the office reminded me because of the sheer profanity I was letting out as it cut every modifier out from under me for a fifth time in a row.

It turns out after three hours of that, the rebirth bonus was enough I just shotgunned past the goal in one Nuke click.

I have four more of these to go. I may not have a job at this rate.

Don't bother finishing all of the challenges before you enter Evil. Some of them take a long, long while even after having made some decent progress in Evil. Save them for a moment when you do some challenges in Evil, so you don't suffer from the switch between difficulties.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
On challenges.

Is it possible to go back and do normal ones once you've moved onto evil?

I didn't do the blind ones for example on Normal.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Yes, you've just got to rebirth into normal.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Kin posted:

On challenges.

Is it possible to go back and do normal ones once you've moved onto evil?

I didn't do the blind ones for example on Normal.

yeah, you can drop difficulty back to normal and then do challenges, and the only penalty is that when you re-enter evil you lose your NUMBER progress

which considering you're doing challenges, you're probably going to be losing any way.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Oh. Well gently caress. I just closed out all but the last couple Troll, no NGU, and Blind. I wish I'd known, I'd have left this on to gather drops instead of constant stop/start.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Given the hilarious costs of leveling the Time Machine in Evil you may well want to finish up the Troll Challenges just to get the Golden Beard.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug
All I've got left in normal is some 24 hr challenges and I still haven't moved on to evil yet. Probably should think about doing that soon

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Chin Strap posted:

All I've got left in normal is some 24 hr challenges and I still haven't moved on to evil yet. Probably should think about doing that soon

you can skip the last few 24 hour challenges in normal and come back to them later with higher stats/evil gear

evil gear is not boss level locked

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Will I find a use for more energy speed or will this .3 bother me forever?

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

Black Griffon posted:

Will I find a use for more energy speed or will this .3 bother me forever?

FOREVER

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

hey something could you do me a tiny favor...

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
The synergism ant multiplier, is that based on time or also how much GC you gain?
I.e. do i need to buy ants as often as possible to get the multiplier up faster or can i just check in once a day?

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Ineptitude posted:

The synergism ant multiplier, is that based on time or also how much GC you gain?
I.e. do i need to buy ants as often as possible to get the multiplier up faster or can i just check in once a day?

Elo is based on number of ants and any upgrades. time multiplier is most efficient at 15m. the modifier is all the upgrades you have to sac.

apparently the base speed is based in max ob/offering gain from r, turn off t and do one r for max ob, and one for max offering them turn auto r off. do this every day or two. after your first c10 you get a research for auto sac so just sac as often as you can past 15m as you can stomach

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."

Shadowstar posted:

Just want to second that the small thing that would make NGU sadistic so much less annoying would be perks/quirks/wishes that effectively extended your optimal ygg reset to 72 hours or even a week.

This wouldn’t have to increase the rewards from their current per-day rate, although a little would be nice.

I tend to do 3 day rebirths anyway to get the most out of my pots, and it would be so nice to just let some slow-rear end wishes or hacks run for the full 3 days without worrying about fiddling w everything once or twice a day to get my sweet, sweet xp and poo poo.

Also this would make getting the max card deck size upgrades actually feel worthwhile, as cards could become the choke point for when I’d need to check in for optimal numbers going upness.

Edit: like lemme just bank 24hr fruits like daily spins.

I have to quote this because at the tail-end of Sadistic, extending optimal rebirths would probably maybe be a good idea based on what people are reporting. Or maybe giving some love to non-optimal rebirths?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

See I got told in discord I wasn't allowed to complain about slow progression if I wasn't "playing right" so all these posts from people in the same part I was in when I quit giving a poo poo are funny to me. :allears:

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008
I highly recommend using Cheat Engine whenever an idle game has a feature that annoys you. Like poop or seeds.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Cheat engine is good and cool in that regard.

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.
Honestly, I think the biggest problem with sadistic is that there's currently no features to unlock to work towards to, and there won't be for a few months while 4g works on getting his next game closer to being ready.

But I think this was going to happen regardless of when development had to take a break; a similar stop before adding wishes or something would have been equally boring, if not worse, since it'd be that much easier for players to reach the end before having nothing else to work for. It's kind of a pitfall of playing a game while it's actively being developed. Ask MMO goons how they feel about major patches/expansions being delayed.

shs
Feb 14, 2012

Here are a few more keys.

Steam:

Y28RY-QRNCT-3IYYD
XG2Y3-YVGIG-VZM2H
CFIFR-X6VQ2-L2GAT
35RGZ-706LV-2DD9J
AXBCH-E4KJ3-AYA42

iOS:

K4T6H773WXE6
3JR3NT9FFHTN
FTNXWNWEKTM9
7Y3TWKLTWFEY
EP67JPWKYJ4K

Android:

GRTER3HKJP2SRU5M41MUC4W
GXRQVZAW96PYFB2MG2AZENW
UNRD4FYWLLLLHY3RRDGGGFZ
HRC1Y9WU9CLFJNALHYUPMWN
XXMQ7FQM5EY64SQ3DKCS2ML

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

One day I will proofread my posts well, but today is not that day.

shs posted:

Android:

GRTER3HKJP2SRU5M41MUC4W

Used this one, thanks a lot!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

shs posted:

XXMQ7FQM5EY64SQ3DKCS2ML

Took this guy

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."

shs posted:

AXBCH-E4KJ3-AYA42

I picked up this one.

Seksiness
Aug 24, 2006
I screwed your grandma and all I got was this lousy custom title... and herpes

shs posted:

Android:

GXRQVZAW96PYFB2MG2AZENW

I picked up this one, thanks!

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

quote:

CFIFR-X6VQ2-L2GAT
Got this one! Thanks so much!

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

shs posted:

Steam:

Y28RY-QRNCT-3IYYD

I took this code

TenSpadesBeTrump
Oct 22, 2010

shs posted:

iOS:

EP67JPWKYJ4K

Thanks!

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

shs posted:

UNRD4FYWLLLLHY3RRDGGGFZ

Thanks!

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012

shs posted:

HRC1Y9WU9CLFJNALHYUPMWN

Took this one, thanks!

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

K4T6H773WXE6

Grabbed this one. iOS.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!

shs posted:

FTNXWNWEKTM9

Took this one, excited to check it out

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

quote:

7Y3TWKLTWFEY

Snagged this iOS one, thanks shs

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

quote:

3JR3NT9FFHTN

Grabbed the last iOS one, thanks.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
Has anyone figured out what the best Fermion setup is in Distance Incremental?

GrossMurpel fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Jul 27, 2020

Lufia
Nov 28, 2011
The discord says left knowledge, right cadavers. I kept plodding along with that setup so I didn't question it any further.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Lufia posted:

The discord says left knowledge, right cadavers. I kept plodding along with that setup so I didn't question it any further.

Really, knowledge? Huh I figured it would be mostly useless once you have all the upgrades in your run.
Thanks, I'll just set them to that and forget about it, too.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

dang

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

It's always worse than having him mad at you.