Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Looks like something cobbled together from bits. The piece near the elbow is the end of a flamer or combi-bolter or something.

The torso's almost certainly an old 3e box Dark Eldar torso.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
pretty sure its one of the cool looking skitarii pistols nobody actually uses.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Der Waffle Mous posted:

pretty sure its one of the cool looking skitarii pistols nobody actually uses.

Can confirm that's exactly what it is

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Schadenboner posted:

What's the gun it has (left ...hand?...).

Skitarii gun of some kind.

thocan
Jan 18, 2014
Found on reddit this morning.

Source print.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
Hive fleet thicc biomorphs looking HAWT

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
I should've known searching Thingiverse for "female space marine" would get some choice results.

It's not all bad, I did bump into this surprisingly competent female stormtrooper sergeant model.

Sensible armor? Check.
Pose that would look equally ok if you swapped a male sculpt into it? Check.

Admittedly, my checklist for competence isn't exactly long.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Is that a Dawn of War model with a Barbie head pasted on?

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

The Moon Monster posted:

Is that a Dawn of War model with a Barbie head pasted on?

I think it's Jaina Proudmoore from Warcraft, she's got the same white hair with a blonde streak

thocan
Jan 18, 2014

Looks like she just got punched in the mouth.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

if you told me these were from 80s battletech i would believe you

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

New edition, new primaris models.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Fashionable Jorts posted:

I actually laughed out loud

Gameko
Feb 23, 2006

The friend of all children!

There’s a reaaaallly good orc conversion somewhere in here...

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

My brother made this. I love it. Seemed appropriate for this thread.

Bark! A Vagrant
Jan 4, 2007

Grad school is good for mental health

The dick gun, quintessentially uninspired.

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

Bark! A Vagrant posted:

Oh, I don't know, there's something weirdly charming about his hands waving above his head.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Bark! A Vagrant posted:

*beep boop* I'M LOVING THIS poo poo *whirr clank*

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

PoptartsNinja posted:

I should've known searching Thingiverse for "female space marine" would get some choice results.

It's not all bad, I did bump into this surprisingly competent female stormtrooper sergeant model.

Sensible armor? Check.
Pose that would look equally ok if you swapped a male sculpt into it? Check.

Admittedly, my checklist for competence isn't exactly long.

I always hoped the HH series would touch on FeMarines and just take the Fallout Super Mutant route of "Oh, 50% of aspirants are female but you just can't tell after all the surgery". They're nine foot genetic eunuchs with a second person's worth of muscle grafted on after all, and IG have never given a poo poo about gender as long as you can hold a gun so seems daft to pass up on that manpower resource?

I don't think it'd add to the fluff or anything, but it'd just be hilarious to see the tears. GW do a fair job of keeping sex out of everything though - even the Slaaneshii stuff goes straight to "orgies and rape are scrub tier decadence - hold this gun while I duct tape my face to a warp engine, thanks".

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Brother Captain Vincent Adultus Mann

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

darkwasthenight posted:

I always hoped the HH series would touch on FeMarines and just take the Fallout Super Mutant route of "Oh, 50% of aspirants are female but you just can't tell after all the surgery".

It would be super lame if gw finally did lady marines only for them to be identical to man marines

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

im sure they’ll have giant anime tiddies

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I'm the double iron sights.

thocan
Jan 18, 2014

darkwasthenight posted:

I always hoped the HH series would touch on FeMarines and just take the Fallout Super Mutant route of "Oh, 50% of aspirants are female but you just can't tell after all the surgery". They're nine foot genetic eunuchs with a second person's worth of muscle grafted on after all...

Moola posted:

It would be super lame if gw finally did lady marines only for them to be identical to man marines

I mean, I'm not saying it's the best solution, but I don't know how else would you do it? Between the surgeries, genetic enhancement, and literal ton of armor, I can't see how the models would look different without resorting to something also lame. Maybe a bare head pack, I guess?

Not saying you're wrong, just genuinely curious how GW should do it in a good way.

Fluff wise, I'm all in favor of them writing in female recruits, and the primaris shift was a big opportunity to write that in that GW missed.

Edit: poo poo, if chaos stuff wasn't treated as mostly cartoonishly evil, I'd say let them figure it out first. The rebels fighting against the fascist Imperium welcome all recruits, and an extra half of your population suddenly becoming viable for marine-ing can't hurt your situation.

But having that only happen in the bad guy faction definitely sours the idea

thocan fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Jul 27, 2020

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I like the way they did lady Sigmarines, maybe just do it like that. But with less boob armour maybe

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

thocan posted:

I mean, I'm not saying it's the best solution, but I don't know how else would you do it? Between the surgeries, genetic enhancement, and literal ton of armor, I can't see how the models would look different without resorting to something also lame. Maybe a bare head pack, I guess?

Not saying you're wrong, just genuinely curious how GW should do it in a good way.

Fluff wise, I'm all in favor of them writing in female recruits, and the primaris shift was a big opportunity to write that in that GW missed.

Edit: poo poo, if chaos stuff wasn't treated as mostly cartoonishly evil, I'd say let them figure it out first. The rebels fighting against the fascist Imperium welcome all recruits, and an extra half of your population suddenly becoming viable for marine-ing can't hurt your situation.

But having that only happen in the bad guy faction definitely sours the idea

GW can control the fiction and has several times retconned entire factions to better suit their needs. The Tau turned from being too optimistic to being closer to generic grimdark between the newer fiction and DOW2. Just put a line in there about recovered tech or relaxing requirements cuz they're running out of bodies, whatever.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Nebalebadingdong posted:

if you told me these were from 80s battletech i would believe you

I don't know why you needed the "80's" qualifier on there.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

I'm the double iron sights.

Double the sights, double the accuracy.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Chill la Chill posted:

im sure they’ll have giant anime tiddies

Corvus Belli would sue GW in a hilarious twist law suit.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

MORE FEMALE SOLDIERS OF FASCISM AND GENOCIDE though.

I'm pretty ok with Space Marines being a boy's club. It's meant to be an anachronistic, testosterone-burning homage to exclusionary warrior cultures.

It's one of the few signifiers that these aren't good guys. Their values aren't ours, and it's a clear distinction we can use to affirm this.

There's also the idea that the marines were intended as mankind's servants, not its masters. As men-only, they're incapable of parenting new marines to become the dominant species of the universe.

But GW has been diluting the marines' theme hard. They're supposedly change-adverse, locked into the rigid thinking of doctrine ...until there's a new codex and they adopt new toys and tactics.

We've also since learned that Viking warriors were about 40% women, so that would be consistent with Space Wolf theming.

And the "aloof warriors of a bygone era" niche has been steadily usurped by the Custodes since their mainstream introduction.

So I don't know. gently caress it, I guess?

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

moths posted:

I'm pretty ok with Space Marines being a boy's club. It's meant to be an anachronistic, testosterone-burning homage to exclusionary warrior cultures.

It's one of the few signifiers that these aren't good guys. Their values aren't ours, and it's a clear distinction we can use to affirm this.

There's also the idea that the marines were intended as mankind's servants, not its masters. As men-only, they're incapable of parenting new marines to become the dominant species of the universe.

But GW has been diluting the marines' theme hard. They're supposedly change-adverse, locked into the rigid thinking of doctrine ...until there's a new codex and they adopt new toys and tactics.

We've also since learned that Viking warriors were about 40% women, so that would be consistent with Space Wolf theming.

And the "aloof warriors of a bygone era" niche has been steadily usurped by the Custodes since their mainstream introduction.

its almost like nobody actually cares about the lore of 40k when they're pushing little plastic dudes across a table and just want their tiny plastic men to not be entirely tiny plastic men

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Unfortunately.

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan

moths posted:

That would actually be a pretty cool way to differentiate the wolves from... wait, no, stop, I'm visualizing the wulfen conversions now, this was a mistake

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Giant Isopod posted:

That would actually be a pretty cool way to differentiate the wolves from... wait, no, stop, I'm visualizing the wulfen conversions now, this was a mistake

TAKE THE KNOT BROTHER

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Moola posted:

I like the way they did lady Sigmarines, maybe just do it like that. But with less boob armour maybe

Yeah, male Sigmarines and Space Marines both read extremely male so the headswaps you occasionally see just look like men with beautiful hair. Just saying "oh yeah space marines can totally be women they just look exactly the same as the men" would feel like a cop out since every space marine army would continue to look like a bunch of dudes.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

moths posted:

More representation is always better. Even if it is in the fascist xenophobic warrior club faction

And to be fair I feel like gw have been moving space marines closer towards actual good guys since primaris took over.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Basic space marines have already got childbearing hips and an ample chest.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

its almost insulting in a weird way that women cant be included in these spaces under some guise of "but they're the badguys! we wouldn't want to include delicate waifu women in the badguy faction!"

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

its almost insulting in a weird way that women cant be included in these spaces under some guise of "but they're the badguys! we wouldn't want to include delicate waifu women in the badguy faction!"

im sorry women can only be zealous space nuns with battle-tits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Why won't these intolerant elitists be more inclusive?