Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

gh0stpinballa posted:

theres as much if not more good music than ever, its just a more diffuse culture now and there is no monoculture anymore.

yeah, get on bandcamp, do some research.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
What if culture isn't cyclical, it's just that people are lazy and unoriginal and decide to copy works that are old enough to have been largely forgotten by the public conscious?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G55GspnNkBo

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mx1YUDVdly8

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018
Comparing Michael Tracey to a stereotypical cartoon nerd is very unfair to stereotypical cartoon nerds.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Michael Tracy is the political equivalent to printer guy

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

michael tracey is actually oglethorpe from athf

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Troy Queef posted:

yep, she had multiple threads bragging about "how i as a trans woman have done more for the defense of the US than any of these incels" including mentioning that she worked on the loving F-35 amongst other things. she's a former defense contractor/computer toucher turned "anti-fascist investigator"

and i'm gonna be honest, while I dislike Tracey and his politics a lot of the "shut up you fat nerd incel" stuff coming from lefty Twitter people towards him sounds quite a bit like people who weren't able to bully the weird kid with a roller backpack who was on the autism spectrum back in high school, but now the tables have turned, Tracey essentially IS a grown-up version of that kid right down to saying he is a high-functioning autistic, and they're finally getting to act like the popular kids at Edina High (or insert your metro's affluent public high school in a liberal suburb, because there's one in every city) they so desperately wanted to be.

i mean, it's been mentioned, but people dunk on tracey cause he's a hack who got brain damage thanks to being pile drived by maxine waters, and spends all his time making GBS threads on and undermining the left. so it's his actions, not some subconscious desire to be high school bullies that drive people to make fun of him.

gh0stpinballa posted:

theres as much if not more good music than ever, its just a more diffuse culture now and there is no monoculture anymore.

i'm specifically referring to: music you hear on the big radio stations, and t.v. and movie soundtracks. video game music is the one exception has somehow managed to avoid this problem for the most part.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Percelus posted:

michael tracey is actually oglethorpe from athf

Percelus, please. He had a family.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Mr Interweb posted:

i mean, it's been mentioned, but people dunk on tracey cause he's a hack who got brain damage thanks to being pile drived by maxine waters, and spends all his time making GBS threads on and undermining the left. so it's his actions, not some subconscious desire to be high school bullies that drive people to make fun of him.

ya the whole brooklyn podcasting scene is people on the spectrum so the theory people pick on tracey for people an autistic dork makes no loving sense, it's definitely because he everything he does and says sucks and makes you feel bad

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Troy Queef posted:

yep, she had multiple threads bragging about "how i as a trans woman have done more for the defense of the US than any of these incels" including mentioning that she worked on the loving F-35 amongst other things. she's a former defense contractor/computer toucher turned "anti-fascist investigator"

and i'm gonna be honest, while I dislike Tracey and his politics a lot of the "shut up you fat nerd incel" stuff coming from lefty Twitter people towards him sounds quite a bit like people who weren't able to bully the weird kid with a roller backpack who was on the autism spectrum back in high school, but now the tables have turned, Tracey essentially IS a grown-up version of that kid right down to saying he is a high-functioning autistic, and they're finally getting to act like the popular kids at Edina High (or insert your metro's affluent public high school in a liberal suburb, because there's one in every city) they so desperately wanted to be.
14 of Emily's comrades were hit by a Nazi incel's car, dumbfuck.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
Don't ever let these new third positionist assholes play the victim. Their whole thing is criticism of overly sensitive grifters with endless grievances.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Halloween Jack posted:

and?

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

i find michael tracey unpleasant

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Halloween Jack posted:

she was also armed with a rifle and readied it to shoot the guy to death if he jumped out and started shooting. don't think he expected to slam into that car though and backed out in a hurry. but i don't think if i was standing there in the middle of that it'd make much sense to go "ah, she worked on the f-35 program so i dunno about this... not my comrade..."

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 04:23 on Jul 26, 2020

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
anyways, his response on the sidelines after an act of neo-nazi terrorism

https://twitter.com/mtracey/status/896558438234435585

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Halloween Jack posted:

"incel" get an insult that isn't 3 years too tired and worn out into meaninglessness

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Shipon posted:

"incel" get an insult that isn't 3 years too tired and worn out into meaninglessness

thank god you picked out the important part of the discussion

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The whole 'you wished you were a bully in high school' thing is extremely weird and probably projecting very hard

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

look, we all hate neo-nazi terrorists who drive cars into protesters. but if we stoop down to vile ad-hominems, rather than engaging with their arguments in spirited debate, then are we truly better than the neo-nazi terrorists ourselves?

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Mr Interweb posted:

i'm specifically referring to: music you hear on the big radio stations, and t.v. and movie soundtracks. video game music is the one exception has somehow managed to avoid this problem for the most part.

oh okay. i think the soundtracks for LIMBO and INSIDE are incredible pieces of drone/ambient that work as albums in their own right. imo modern movie soundtracks generally get better the further they are out of the mainstream. haxan cloak/bobby krlic is very good, he did the soundtrack for misommar which is basically a 3rd haxan cloak album.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The whole 'you wished you were a bully in high school' thing is extremely weird and probably projecting very hard

Oh I dunno, there's definitely dorks who were totally bullied in high school and thanks to the internet can now be incredibly vicious and cruel, regardless of political affiliation there's plenty of them out there

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Odds are they were also bullies in high school, they just dont realize it because they didnt get to bully the people they wanted to

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/rockanrollphoto/status/1287424139570155523?s=20

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

I don't know if it was Mick Jagger and Keith Richards but there is a rumor that during the late 80s, a 16 years old groupie once threatened one of rolling stones to sell photo of them making love to a british tabloid if she wouldn't get money. The rolling stone laughed and asked her how it would be bad for his career because he was already old as gently caress.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Taintrunner posted:

Oh I dunno, there's definitely dorks who were totally bullied in high school and thanks to the internet can now be incredibly vicious and cruel, regardless of political affiliation there's plenty of them out there

gently caress off you dumbshit. ohh. ohhh, are you gonna kill me now? gently caress you, infant

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
posting to get this thread to a new page sooner and this one can be forgotten

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

Odds are they were also bullies in high school, they just dont realize it because they didnt get to bully the people they wanted to

being mean online used to be a respected career, but now you have to pretend you’re not bullying your posting enemies because it’s fun (which it is), but because it’s Praxis

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

I can't think of a better avatar for the modern dem party than Louis Napoleon.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

*drawing lots to see which one of us the other nine will be forced to kill* drat its so great that stability has been restored

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/intellegint/status/1287465659421601794?s=19

E1 boys going after CIA Evans. Love it. Finally podcast drama I care about.

Paffgen
Jul 13, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

Can't believe how many people have fallen for this loser's schtick, despise seeing his catfish hairline hiding twitter avi.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

i say swears online posted:

gently caress off you dumbshit. ohh. ohhh, are you gonna kill me now? gently caress you, infant

just another day in the podcast thread

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr Hootington posted:

thank gently caress, finally

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Mr Hootington posted:

you love to see it

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Catching up on the novia Scotia shooting , man it's wild there hasn't been any more info than the last big article on it

RCMP did it guy was an undercover

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

mastershakeman posted:

Catching up on the novia Scotia shooting , man it's wild there hasn't been any more info than the last big article on it

RCMP did it guy was an undercover

what were the qualifications given for undercover in this case?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Victory Position posted:

what were the qualifications given for undercover in this case?

I know it when I see it . Guy was a cop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Paffgen posted:

Can't believe how many people have fallen for this loser's schtick, despise seeing his catfish hairline hiding twitter avi.

sorry, who are we talking about here? robert? or the guy that tweeted him?