Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

poverty goat posted:

the secret to enjoying pot cookies is to make a double batch of regular cookies with no weed in them at the same time so you have munchies and you aren't driven to eat more and more weed cookies. unless you've got a clear schedule for the next couple of days

Another secret with edibles is to not eat a few of them, then go meet up with your friend for shots of tequila down the road, and afterwards meet up and share a joint with your girlfriend. I had to get walked home and it was a straight line 4 blocks from the bar. It took me at least three days to get back to Earth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

former glory
Jul 11, 2011

I hate/love how with edibles, no matter how experienced, you can still take the type of dose that will bring on a full existential crisis even when you're consciously aware of what's happening.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Guys, I renewed my card this week and the doctor who did the certification was loving hilarious. Totally worth the renewal fee and everything, if just for that experience. Weed people are generally pretty cool.

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

former glory posted:

I hate/love how with edibles, no matter how experienced, you can still take the type of dose that will bring on a full existential crisis even when you're consciously aware of what's happening.

I tried some MCT tincture again, hoping it could be like the alcohol tincture and hit faster/fade faster. Held it under my tongue for a long time. 1 hour- huh, i feel a little, maybe didn't take enough. 3 hours- ok cool, ya this is good. 5 hours/bed time- well, guess it's time to ponder existence for a while.
Fuckin edibles

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
just bought the limit of cartridges at the weed store since there was a special deal on them

total score for this trip out of my apartment

1 100mg key lime pie edible chocolate
8 weed carts
8 hot dogs
8 hot dog buns

:hai: going to be a good day

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I need to do the math to figure out how much flower makes x amount of tincture, mostly because I don't need a whole Everclear bottle full of tincture (nor do I want to buy that much fresh weed). Only enough for, like...4 oz. of the final product? Six? Dosing is less of a problem, since I can dose a drop at a time. There used to be a bunch of indica edibles and topicals in the stores around me, but stock has been vanishing this past week or so and I'm looking for alternatives.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
What the go to dry herb vape in Canada right now? I've been thinking of getting a Pax2 https://ocs.ca/products/pax-2-pax-labs

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Hirayuki posted:

I need to do the math to figure out how much flower makes x amount of tincture, mostly because I don't need a whole Everclear bottle full of tincture (nor do I want to buy that much fresh weed). Only enough for, like...4 oz. of the final product? Six? Dosing is less of a problem, since I can dose a drop at a time. There used to be a bunch of indica edibles and topicals in the stores around me, but stock has been vanishing this past week or so and I'm looking for alternatives.

An 8th is 3.5 g, and if it's 15% THC that's about 500mg. If you make 100 ml (a little less than 4 oz) that's 5 mg per ml.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Epitope posted:

An 8th is 3.5 g, and if it's 15% THC that's about 500mg. If you make 100 ml (a little less than 4 oz) that's 5 mg per ml.
Excellent--thank you for this. I'll scan the shops for a suitable flower, then. Cheers!

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

I've been experimenting with Ripple, which is a water soluble THC isolate powder. Great for making 5mg cookies for the occasional stoners in your life. Also great for making instant edibles out of anything you can conceivably stir. Had it in juice, coffee, tea, pudding pops, mashed potatoes, and cheerios so far. It's a pretty neutral flavor, only slightly bitter in high concentrations.

But boy howdy $25 for 100mg is not cost efficient. Definitely going to stick to herb for 90% of my homemade edibles.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I bought some weed this morning called Antelope and I have the strong desire to watch Grandma's Boy.

If I'd known people were coming I would have trimmed my antlers.

I also got a strain called Tangelope, super fruity.

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

cannot ever go wrong with Girl Scout Cookies. O7

Beast Pussy
Nov 30, 2006

You are dark inside

Is there math for kief in edibles? I've got a decent amount and never know what to do with it.

Fuck Man
Jul 5, 2004

Durban Poison is the best strain :colbert:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'm quite fond of golden goat. Durban is fine, just doesn't tickle my fancy like the goat. Haven't found the magic strain for me yet. Someday.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Riatsala posted:

I've been experimenting with Ripple, which is a water soluble THC isolate powder.
That sounds great, and fairly cost-effective in my case. Looks like it's only in CO, though. You get all the cool stuff! :argh:

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Beast Pussy posted:

Is there math for kief in edibles? I've got a decent amount and never know what to do with it.

edible(kief) = high

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Riatsala posted:

But boy howdy $25 for 100mg is not cost efficient. Definitely going to stick to herb for 90% of my homemade edibles.

Yeeeeesh that's gross, I'm getting 2000 mg of tincture for $65 :canada: shekels.

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

:chaostrump:
Can hash be made into edibles, say via butter?

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Beast Pussy posted:

Start putting a small scoop on top of the bowl every time you pack one. If you're a joint/blunt smoker, you can roll the joint or blunt in the kief and smoke it that way. Don't waste kief in edibles.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Beast Pussy posted:

gimme that scuz

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Zipperelli. posted:

Start putting a small scoop on top of the bowl every time you pack one. If you're a joint/blunt smoker, you can roll the joint or blunt in the kief and smoke it that way. Don't waste kief in edibles.

Tbh I got some hash / kief from my buddy, I just cut some off the little brick he gave me and add it to my bowl for more event kiefstribution within said bowl

Also, lol my weed card is arriving in the mail today

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

bagmonkey posted:

Also, lol my weed card is arriving in the mail today

Please try not to throw your head back and laugh when you see the deals and purchase limits now available to you

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Inspector Hound posted:

Please try not to throw your head back and laugh when you see the deals and purchase limits now available to you

It was my renewal, the thing that's awesome to me is is that it took two weeks less to get the renewal card. Already went to The Weed Store and got some vape cartridges, since I'm almost out.

How was everyone's weed weekend

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Has anyone tried the transdermal gel pens from Mary's Medicinals?

https://marysmedicinals.com/product/transdermal-gel-pen-thc-indica/

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Is there some amazing online headshop that I'm unaware of? All the ones I find seem janky as gently caress and all I want is to see all the different 510 thread battery styles without having to go into a dang store.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

puffpuffpassit.com is usually where I get my online headshoppy stuff, they've got a pretty okay selection of 510 batteries too

Is there something specific you're looking for 510-wise?

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I use puffitup for most of my vape needs.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
dealer sold me loving CBD yall

I haven't smoked poo poo in 5 months, even weak weed should be catapulting me into outer gently caress. I'm barely even seeing the engine spark here. I thought it was just something hosed up with my edible recipe but no the dude's been selling me bunk for ages. gently caress sake

e: ah ok so theres some real nugs in here. im gonna hit him up about it and say like hey maybe theres something up with your shipment

he wants my money so I figure if I let him know somethings up he'll either stop trying to gently caress me over or check on the shipment, one of the two

if it had all been CBD though i wouldve had to just accept i got punked so im glad theres some wiggle room here, hard to find a new dealer in a pandemic

klapman fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Aug 5, 2020

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

are you sure it isn't just like, crappy weed? kind of weird to assume a dealer would switch out for cbd strains (which can be just as expensive as thc strains) instead of the normal age old trick of just selling someone lovely old weed

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
poo poo like that is why I'm glad I moved to a legal state. gently caress buying weed like that again. It's just a constant gamble.

You poor bastards in prohibition states have my sympathy.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

poo poo like that is why I'm glad I moved to a legal state. gently caress buying weed like that again. It's just a constant gamble.

You poor bastards in prohibition states have my sympathy.

I can’t wait for NY to go legal so I can stop driving to Massachusetts. I wouldn’t even mind the drive if I could do other stuff once I got there, Great Barrington and Northampton are like my favorite places in the country. I can’t though, so it’s a three hour round trip and I don’t even get to have a nice lunch. :smith:

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Yeah especially trying to swap nugs so one is good and another isn’t.

You straight trippin boo

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam
I feel super lucky for being in an illegal state because I can grow, but also because I'm friends with my connections grandad.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Just loving legalize it already, this is embarrassing on a worldwide scale.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
it is interesting that there was a big CBD boom around here last year (or the year before?) and now i drive by all those fields and there's nothing there at all

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Is the CBD boom still a thing? It more or less died with Covid-19 around here and I only now see it on the retail cannabis list right beside the thc products.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I see more and more CBD products offered in dispensaries around Eastern WA

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

The problem is the market was flooded and cbd is now dirt cheap. You can get a qp of flower under $50, as a consumer. It's just not profitable the way people were probably hoping a few years ago. Imo the only reason to be growing cbd hemp right now is if you're sure legalization is right around the corner and you want to have an established operation ready to plant weed the day it happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Bob
May 2, 2004

've lived a thousand times. I found out what it means to be GBS.
I’m just gonna jump into the thread here to say that yesterday I went to the store with the purpose of finding some less strong weed for week day evenings, since the flower I have sends me loving astral traveling when I lay down to bed.

Well they showed me some nice 1:1 flower but then they showed me some snoops dream that looked and smelled like OG kush from way back and well long story short I walked out with the snoops dream and while it’s easier to fall asleep with, it ain’t by much :lol: