Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Cat Mattress posted:

I hope she's just weirded out that Surma, of all people, ended up with Tony, of all people; and not that she's still hung up about being rejected as a kid.

Yeah I'm assuming it's more of a "how the hell did she manage to convince that dork to get with her? And why?" Than any reflection on herself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Cat Mattress posted:

I hope she's just weirded out that Surma, of all people, ended up with Tony, of all people; and not that she's still hung up about being rejected as a kid.

Well yeah I thought this was obvious, as Tony is the worst

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Brinnie's expression in the last panel is me after reading that "how Tony and Surma met" flashback

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

She looks like she sat down and found the chair was wet.

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

She was a terrible creature and did not deserve our love

Kikas posted:

Uh. Whrere are they all standing here?

I presume still the living room at Kat's parents place but I guess Brinnie's portal/ZAM light is still going

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
"Er, yes..thinking they were Elgamore's was an unfounded assumption. That's exactly what it was."

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

CJacobs posted:

If Tony somehow manages to swooce his way into Brinnie's life and rekindle her crush on him from 30 years ago over the next five years of this comic I will throw my hat on the ground and stamp on it angrily like yosemite sam

I too that it is incredibly unrealistic that Tony "Bad Dad" Carver would make any decision that could remotely lead towards happiness for himself.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

maltesh posted:

"Er, yes..thinking they were Elgamore's was an unfounded assumption. That's exactly what it was."
This response with a different feeling.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I also love Kat still being paralyzed by all this

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

CJacobs posted:

If Tony somehow manages to swooce his way into Brinnie's life and rekindle her crush on him from 30 years ago over the next five years of this comic I will shoot my guns into the air while hooting and hollering in celebration like yosemite sam

fixed that for you

Also big feels at Anja and Brinnie remembering that Surma is gone. They all knew. :smith:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

cant cook creole bream posted:

I really want to know what Annie would be like if she had been Jimmys daughter.

I expect the court would be charred ruins if so

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

CJacobs posted:

If Tony somehow manages to swooce his way into Brinnie's life and rekindle her crush on him from 30 years ago over the next five years of this comic I will throw my hat on the ground and stamp on it angrily like yosemite sam

"Rekindle"? Did you see that face? She never stopped kindling

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

Did I say "cookies?" I meant, "Fire in your face!"

cant cook creole bream posted:

I really want to know what Annie would be like if she had been Jimmys daughter.

Current Parley. But also on fire.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

GunnerJ posted:

Yet another person who dgaf about time shifting, it's a big whatever that there's two of them for her.

But, "That guy I liked had kids with Surma????" otoh...

I do appreciate that the lady they called to talk time travel with is also pretty quick on the uptake and identified the shifting. Brinnie knows her stuff.

feetnotes
Jan 29, 2008

CJacobs posted:

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Brinnie and Eglamore, power couple.

I'm shipping it.

Alternatively Brinnie and Jones, for a companionship that will last eons.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Donkringel posted:

I'm shipping it.

Idra and Jones, for a mirror of Eglamore's brooding when that poo poo was pulled on him.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Donkringel posted:

I'm shipping it.

Eglamore just entered into some kind of romantic relationship with a mortal for the first time in ages, let's not throw more drama into the poor guy's life immediately

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

CJacobs posted:

I like that every single person who has been told about Tony and Surma has reacted exactly the same way because they are just the least likely couple ever

edit: Except for I think Coyote who also assumed it was Jimmy Jims and then just busted out laughing when he was corrected

I just started reading in April and “Oh! In that case, how awkward! AHAHAHAHA” was the moment I fell in love with Coyote

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

Eglamore just entered into some kind of romantic relationship with a mortal for the first time in ages, let's not throw more drama into the poor guy's life immediately

Oh Lord I already forgot about that!

Sorry Idra.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Annie wishes she could forget about that.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I'm betting she's George's mom, so she already found someone to whom "I'm not a mind reader" isn't an excuse.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Bell_ posted:

I'm betting she's George's mom, so she already found someone to whom "I'm not a mind reader" isn't an excuse.

I really think we would have already heard about that if this was the case. Making a big deal about her father being a psychic and them wondering what powers she'd end up with doesn't make a lot of sense if her mother is also a literal god.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Zeether posted:

Brinnie's expression in the last panel is me after reading that "how Tony and Surma met" flashback

Wait until she hears who Jimmy Jims is shacking up with.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

loving lmao, that's some avatar material right there for when the forums are out sold.

madjack
Dec 31, 2013
Kat still can't take her eyes away.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
The implication being that an immortal, thousands-years-old viking lady was trying to mack on teen Tony.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Splicer posted:

The implication being that an immortal, thousands-years-old viking lady was trying to mack on teen Tony.

Why'd you think she got recalled? Sentenced with the greatest punishment of all, re-living your awkward school years, and Brinnie just goes and does even more bad stuff.

Odin swears she got it from the Greek side of the family...

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Splicer posted:

It doesn't seem like she's thousands of years old since she was a child at the court. I think the implication is that all those legends about her exist because she's capable of time travel, hence why they called her up.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Does this blinding aura just follow her everywhere? Maybe Anja should've handed out some sunglasses to the kids.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I assumed they've been zapped in to where she is rather than her coming into the living room.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

Splicer posted:

For all his flaws, Tony seems to attract a real top tier class of woman. A Valkyrie, a fire elemental - talk about out of one's league.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://twitter.com/gunnerkrigg/status/1287055159605039105

oh no she's hot

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

dang i'm gay

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Fighting Trousers posted:

For all his flaws, Tony seems to attract a real top tier class of woman. A Valkyrie, a fire elemental - talk about out of one's league.

It's the complete emotional unavilableness. Really does it for extremely passionate women, apparently.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
I mean, Surma didn’t fall for Tony until she saw him alone, where he’s actually pretty personable.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

No garment can contain Brunhild's legs. They are simply too powerful.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Brinnie now the most relatable character for having parents that hated her so much they sent her to school

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
I wonder what kind of poo poo she pulled to get sent to Gunnerkrigg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug

Donkringel posted:

I wonder what kind of poo poo she pulled to get sent to Gunnerkrigg.

She probably shot her dad's eye out.