Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Dexo posted:

Imagine thinking any Bears fan here still has any large affection for Ditka.

Dunno man all the people who dress like him at games or the billboards around the city or all the Ditka branded poo poo everywhere suggest otherwise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I think he meant specifically SA. There are a ton of bears fans that still worship ditka, although some of it now is just because he had an iconic 80s look.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

I love Mike Ditka the coach, and also am a big fan of his politics. Love to hear from the big guy!

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

R.D. Mangles posted:

ditka had to be talked out of running for senate against obama in '04 after the republican candidate who was literally named "jack ryan" was caught up in sordid sex club anecdotes that surfaced during his divorce

No, the Republicans wanted him to run cause they knew no one else could even potentially beat Obama after Ryan cratered so spectacularly. Ditka was probably tempted, but even Ditka must have realised that Obama would be tough to beat.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Pops Mgee posted:

What is it with Vikings QBs being Trump guys?

This thread can unite around the idea that Favre was radicalized on Woody Johnson's Jets.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Shrimpy posted:

This thread can unite around the idea that Favre was radicalized on Woody Johnson's Jets.

Wouldn’t be the first pillar of a community a jet has destroyed

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
A stretch but I respect the attempt.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
You miss every shot you don’t take

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

CharlestheHammer posted:

You miss every shot you don’t take

The funslinger's dilemma

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

sweet geek swag posted:

No, the Republicans wanted him to run cause they knew no one else could even potentially beat Obama after Ryan cratered so spectacularly. Ditka was probably tempted, but even Ditka must have realised that Obama would be tough to beat.

Yeah, this is what I heard/remember, the IL state GOP went all out trying to recruit him, but he was smart enough to realize the campaign would be a ton of work and he'd still probably come up at least 10 points behind.

On the other hand, Obama vs Alan Keyes is art.

The state will never be so unified again.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Seeing a photo of barack obama physically hurts me now from remembering the before times

to think i used to get to quibble about things like murdering civilians with drones

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
If it helps, they were reclassified as combatants after they died.

No civilians were killed

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN

Raku posted:

Seeing a photo of barack obama physically hurts me now from remembering the before times

I have a hard time believing he didn't know about this when it happened though: Video Surfaces of Vikings QB Brett Favre leading teammates in locker room mockery of black culture.

While he may have been silent on systemic racism, at least Obama was cool enough to come out and state how the Lions got jobbed by the refs the playoff game versus the Cowboys: https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/it-wont-go-away-obama-sounds-off-on-cowboys-lions-controversy

And for that we thank you.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Pants on the ground was a song by a dude on American idol wasn't it lol

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1287800896802492420

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

To control the virus, I must become the virus.

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

eeeewwwwwww

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1287825276483899398

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

sweet geek swag posted:

Ryan dropped out after it was revealed that he pressured his exwife, Jeri Ryan of Star Trek Voyager fame, into going to sex clubs

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

He's a Trojan horse, going to break Rodgers collarbone during practice.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

SirPablo posted:

:bisonyes:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

SirPablo posted:

...so that Jordan Love may lead the Packers to yet another Super Bowl win.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Jordan Love is going to be Christian Ponder if he could throw the ball past 15 yards.

You heard it here first.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Is the rest of the NFC North really that excited for the Packers to move on to their next HoF QB? It's just gonna be more of the same for you guys

chrix
Jan 3, 2004

Football man, the guy with the football plan

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1288124534059499522?s=21

Eddie Goldman opting out for the year. I respect the decision, but MAN is this going to hurt.

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

Lions players already opted-out last year so got that covered.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

:lol: There ain't going to be a 2020 NFL Season.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
after what just happened in baseball? zero chance.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Brief interview with Rodgers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpSOpLyHdW8

In it, the interviewer asks if Rodgers thinks the Packers will go with Love or stick with him in a couple of years, and Rodgers says the former is obviously more likely.

One of the reasons I love Rodgers is because he's so drat smart. I think he's handled this situation as well as he possibly could and that he's being a complete realist about it. I do think it was the right move to draft Love, but I also think we're going to see the best of Rodgers from now until the time comes.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Fenrir posted:

after what just happened in baseball? zero chance.

No it's all hosed, there's no way there's gonna be a season and oh my god, I love that avatar so much.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

LabyaMynora posted:

:lol: There ain't going to be a 2020 NFL Season.

A free year with no season is a mighty fine time to take a shot at a potential franchise QB. :hellyeah:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Dunno if this is trustworty but OOF

https://twitter.com/GregWilliams28/status/1288199057454686208

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Ignore me I'm just gonna sit over here and laugh in the corner for an hour or so

he's making the right decision

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Sourcing on that seems shaky but that is an insanely funny development if you pretend the season is gonna happen

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1288228718033469441

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

This is going to be a very funny season

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Someone misread that petition

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Good for Funchess to see the writing on the wall for this season and putting the health of his family first

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

SKULL.GIF posted:

This is going to be a very funny season

in that it's not gonna happen?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Can the franchise opt out? Let's do that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Matt Patricia probably wondering if he can opt out of the last season on his contract.