Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Schadenboner posted:

Are flayed ones still a thing? I was eating a fruit-by-the-foot the other day and remembered them from DoW.

They haven't come up, and the idea of the Flayed One madness infection that makes Necrons go all berserk and kill things compulsively seems to overlap a lot thematically with the "Destroyer virus" they've mentioned a few times, so it's possible they've been effectively replaced with the Skorpekh Destroyers.

More predictions, now that it's become blatantly obvious that the Blood Angel in that one pic is wearing Gravis armor, thanks to the presence of a Gravis tube on the back of his knee that I really should have noticed:

1) Heavy Intercessors will be a multibuild kit with the multipose Eradicators.
2) Veteran Intercessors will be a multibuild kit with the multipose Bladeguard Veterans.

Stephenls fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Jul 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Stephenls posted:

They haven't come up, and the idea of the Flayed One madness infection that makes Necrons go all berserk and kill things compulsively seems to overlap a lot thematically with the "Destroyer virus" they've mentioned a few times, so it's possible they've been effectively replaced with the Skorpekh Destroyers.

More predictions, now that it's become blatantly obvious that the Blood Angel in that one pic is wearing Gravis armor, thanks to the presence of a Gravis tube on the back of his knee that I really should have noticed:

1) Heavy Intercessors will be a multibuild kit with the multipose Eradicators.
2) Veteran Intercessors will be a multibuild kit with the multipose Bladeguard Veterans.

Why do you think veteran intercessors won't just be turning the stratagem into a datasheet?

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I didn't realize that Sisters got the Primaris treatment. The models were so old I expected there would be a size difference for the new ones, but it's pretty huge. Don't think I can mix old and new models at all without making it look glaring. Possibly if I mounted the older ones on some scenic basing to help even things out? If you put them in a combined squad it looks like 'bring your novice to work' day.

Kore_Fero
Jan 31, 2008
On the back of the Munitorum manual, you can see some Ultramarine Veteran Intercessors and they just seem to be regular intercessor models with a different paint scheme. I think the Bladeguard kit is going to be single-purpose. I would hope it would have the options for an Ancient/ Lieutenant/Capt to be made as well but that feels more unlikely.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Ashcans posted:

I didn't realize that Sisters got the Primaris treatment. The models were so old I expected there would be a size difference for the new ones, but it's pretty huge. Don't think I can mix old and new models at all without making it look glaring. Possibly if I mounted the older ones on some scenic basing to help even things out? If you put them in a combined squad it looks like 'bring your novice to work' day.

I'm betting the ebay prices are probably not as insane for the old metals as they used to be but you can still probably unload them at a profit?

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Ashcans posted:

You're damned if you do and damned if you don't because if you put all the old ones on scenic bases, they will stand out because they are standing on top of stuff. Looks like you just have to do the shareholders a solid and buy an entire new plastic Sister's army.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Oh hey, they have a Birthday Present From Weird Uncle-sized starter kit again!

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Having mixed entry points like this is such a good idea

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Schadenboner posted:

I'm betting the ebay prices are probably not as insane for the old metals as they used to be but you can still probably unload them at a profit?
Probably true for some of them at least, but I am terrible about parting with models. I still have pretty much everything I've bought over the years. I always end up regretting selling stuff, even if it's weird old doofy models. Especially because I've painted some.

Kitchner posted:

You're damned if you do and damned if you don't because if you put all the old ones on scenic bases, they will stand out because they are standing on top of stuff. Looks like you just have to do the shareholders a solid and buy an entire new plastic Sister's army.
This is the more likely outcome, yea. I'll probably play around and see if there is a way to make squads look decent on the table - maybe add some spacers under the bases to raise them up a bit? Who knows. The new models are really good so I'm not sad to have reasons to re-buy some of the units.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
So do GW just never do metal models at all anymore? My first army was a Dwarf force and I miss my metal Gyrocopter and Organ Gun

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Booley posted:

Why do you think veteran intercessors won't just be turning the stratagem into a datasheet?

Three reasons.

First, I think it's unlikely GW would make a datasheet for a unit without its name on a box.

Second, part of the theme of 9th Edition seems to be, now that the aesthetically vanilla Primaris Marine line has been fleshed out, to provide more fancy, robe-cape-and-reliquary-encrusted model options, and giving veteran Intercessors their own distinct look with different helmets, tabards, and knee filigree seems to serve that theme, and making them a build option for Bladeguard does it while minimizing SKUs and mold costs.

Third, I want the Veteran Intercessors to be a widely customizeable unit that can be fielded in variable numbers and draw on a broad range of gear from all the other Intercessor kits -- essentially an upgrade to the stratagem that takes into account the extra gear likely to be found in the multibuild Assault Intercessors -- to represent the visual tradition of space marine veterans and company command drawing from a broad variety of relic weapons, and I want it precisely because it would be a departure from the reduced-customization, some-units-only-fieldable-in-threes design GW has pursued for Primaris up until this point, but I think it's far more likely GW will do the opposite of that, not give me what I want, and stay the course. You of all people are aware of how off-the-mark my predictions are when I'm predicting stuff I want.

If I'm wrong, and Veteran Intercessors are a datasheet upgrade to the stratagem or, better yet, their own kit with a different set of more ornate armor from the bladeguard -- which would imply the bladeguard would also get more build options, since there'd be more space on their sprues not dedicated to Veteran Intercessor gun options -- I'll be ecstatic. But I don't think I'm wrong. I think Veteran Intercessors will be Intercessors with the same tabards as Bladeguard Vets who can only be fielded in units of three or maybe six.

Stephenls fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jul 27, 2020

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan

Kitchner posted:

Yeah they don't mix well particularly well.

I am going to just keep the old ones in a different color scheme for if I want to run multiple Orders, but I am on the fence about repainting some of the vehicles because dear god, I own 9 rhino-hull based tanks and I really do not need more

haakman
May 5, 2011
I get that the Huntsman sniping was silly but goddamn impeccable mobility being nerfed into hot garbage makes me sad.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

JollyBoyJohn posted:

So do GW just never do metal models at all anymore? My first army was a Dwarf force and I miss my metal Gyrocopter and Organ Gun

Not really, no. I think there's still a few metal models kicking around in some lines, but nothing even remotely new.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Gunder posted:

Not really, no. I think there's still a few metal models kicking around in some lines, but nothing even remotely new.

I tried to think up things that might still be in metal, the only one I was able to find was the Ork Deffkopta - the description says that it's a metal model, although it's also unavailable online at the moment. I think they might still be selling metal models where they have a stockpile of them still, but I'm not sure they're actually making any more. Definitely anything new coming out is going to be plastic or, at worst, resin.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Alokgen posted:

I finished a new thing.

Where does everyone host their images? Imgur's new layout is terrible and I can't seem to find the thumbnail previews.

I still use imgur and do like you did above (add the "i" and .jpg to it).

To be honest I know this is an old dead comedy forum, but integrating an image host isn't like it was back in 2000, let alone would there be throughput issues.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

https://postimg.cc is my go-to recently, much easier and less stupid rear end Redditification compared to imgur.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Yay: my box arrived
Boo: no bonus trinkets, gently caress you scalper fucks

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

notaspy posted:

Yay: my box arrived
Boo: no bonus trinkets, gently caress you scalper fucks

Yeah I got no bonus stuff from my local store, not that bothered though, it would just be sat in the bottom of a box somewhere like all the other limited edition nonsense I got over the years

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Mine just shipped :)

But I just got rulebooks, not a box.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I don't know what Alokgen is referring to about thumbnails, so yea I just go to imgur.com/upload and drop my file.

Right click, copy image location, paste it into a Post here and it automatically gets converted into an img tag which I then just change to be timg for the thumbnails here.

Sab669 fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jul 27, 2020

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

so with these press fit models “no glue required” is just straight up a lie huh

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

jesus WEP posted:

so with these press fit models “no glue required” is just straight up a lie huh

The only ones I think I ended up gluing were the Necron Warriors, I have no idea how the arm sockets are supposed to work but they don't.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

The Myphitic Blight Hauler didn't feel like it needed glue, from what I recall.

Most of the Warhammer Underworlds models were all pretty good, too.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Stephenls posted:

Three reasons.

First, I think it's unlikely GW would make a datasheet for a unit without its name on a box.

Death Company Intercessors.

I'd address the rest of your post but since you started out demonstrably wrong I don't think it gets much better.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Dangit, I found several new and exciting ways to gently caress up the Outriders. Oh well, they're done now.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Strobe posted:

Death Company Intercessors.

I'd address the rest of your post but since you started out demonstrably wrong I don't think it gets much better.

Well, I hope you're right. If Veteran Intercessors aren't a multibuild option for Bladeguard Veterans, then that probably means Bladeguard Veterans will have a greater variety of wargear options and gubbins on their sprue than if Veteran Intercessors were integrated into those sprues, which would make me happy.

Stephenls fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Jul 27, 2020

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

The only ones I think I ended up gluing were the Necron Warriors, I have no idea how the arm sockets are supposed to work but they don't.
The outriders are the first thing I’ve put together and idk how the sword is meant to sit on the one guy’s hip other than glue

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
The outrider sword is the exact thing I was thinking of.

I was able to get it to sorta balance in place but that was it.

Everything else thus far has been very solid, though.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Ashcans posted:

Couldn't you go the route of keeping all the old metal sisters their own squads? I'd imagine on the table top it wouldn't look too bad it the models aren't intermingled.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
The Covenant Of The Holy Burn Ward

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Outriders also have some panel gaps down the front of the bike which I glued together and I guess fill and smooth with liquid green stuff and sandpaper.

Overall the models all look really good though, I bought new cutters too which meant cleaning the sprue joins was much less of A Thing than before. Assembled the entire SM side of the box in an evening (other than the outriders still needing some pre-paint prep work). Pleasantly surprised by it overall.

Alokgen
Aug 14, 2005

Are you saying I'm a sinner?

Sab669 posted:

I don't know what Alokgen is referring to about thumbnails, so yea I just go to imgur.com/upload and drop my file.

Right click, copy image location, paste it into a Post here and it automatically gets converted into an img tag which I then just change to be timg for the thumbnails here.

A couple years back, the layout was different. Instead of today's "Gallery" you used to have "Images" that would just lump everything you uploaded into one place. If you clicked on an image it would give you different urls for resizing of the images. So if I uploaded something 4000x3000 and wanted to post it here, it would get set to being maybe 1000x700 or something then I could use the [timg] tags in addition to that. Without that option, I'm just using the [timg] tags at full resolution.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Only the Eradicators are gravis. I thought all the bladeguard were as well. Oh well, still look cool.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Yvonmukluk posted:

I think in both cases they're referencing historical execution swords that had the flat end.

For sure; a picture would have been helpful but my phone is being weird—I meant to also add that the marine sword has “terminus” written on it.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
Pretty pleased with how well this kitbash worked, had this in my head since Bladeguard were first shown:

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

They are cool dudes, well done. How tough was it to get their heads off?

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Pretty pleased with how well this kitbash worked, had this in my head since Bladeguard were first shown:

Yep, that's kicks rear end.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

I'm having a really hard time understanding the new 9th edition terrain rules and could really use some help. The terrain chapter of the rulebook makes it sound like the first thing you do is look at the terrain piece's category, which tells you -how- you get cover from that piece. For example, for obstacles, it says that Infantry/Beasts/Swarms must be within 3" etc in order to receive cover from that terrain piece. Likewise, it says Infantry/Beasts/Swarms must be within the footprint of area terrain to receive cover. However, it doesn't mention Vehicles or Monsters at all.

Then, based on how I'm reading it, after you look at the category to figure out how you get cover, you look at that specific terrain piece's traits in order to find out what kind of effect its cover provides. Light Cover for +1 armor save, etc. So does that mean that Vehicles and Monsters don't receive cover from terrain at all? They don't meet the criteria for any terrain categories, after all. I keep seeing people online talking about how Vehicles get cover now, but reading this chapter of the new rulebook, I just don't understand how that's possible.

Also, the stuff about the height of terrain pieces. The height of a terrain piece just dictates what kinda cover traits it can have, right? And those traits are permanently set for that piece? One person was trying to tell me you have to measure the height of terrain mid-game to determine what it gives Vehicles, then I saw another saying only Dense Cover affects Vehicles. This past weekend, I went and made reference cards for each terrain piece I own mostly using the recommended ones in GW's examples and I thought I had a grasp on this. But then I started talking to friends and people online about terrain and now I'm just completely confused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serdain
Aug 13, 2007
dicksdicksdicks

Eversor assassins have the text 'each time a model is slain it can make an additional attack against the same unit'... do these additional attacks require you to re-check engagement range, or does it count as the same 'attack' even if the opponent removes models closest to your drug-crazed lunatic?