Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

ZeusCannon posted:

More of these should do timeskips at the end.
:hai:

Here's a brand-new work from what appears to be a brand new mangaka:

The kid is alright.

EDIT:

:same:

EDIT2: Here's a oneshot about a girlfriend who makes 5 times your annual income and spoils you.

EDIT3: Last one, may be :nws:

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Jul 24, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

D. Ebdrup posted:

The Love Doctor is well worth buying.

I'm a few chapters in and I'm finding it incredibly frustrating because Cha Yoon is not listening to Erae when she tells her about the actual problem (she can't tell when people are flirting with her and has a tendency to attract psychopathic stalker types who will react to that obliviousness by following her to work and trashing the place) and is trying to solve the wrong problem by teaching Erae to get people's phone numbers

So on the one hand I'm not sure I'll continue with this one, but on the other hand I really want to know what the deal is with the panel you posted

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Are there any completed stories that run along the same sorta lines as the dumb prefect one? Im just randomly reading things in the thread now but figured I'd ask.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
I need some help tracking down a manga I read ages ago-- the heroine was a short girl with super strength working at a bakery. The main love interest was a grouchy baker there, and one of their co-workers was a handsome teasing guy. I cannot for the life of me remember the name.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

BearDrivingTruck posted:

I need some help tracking down a manga I read ages ago-- the heroine was a short girl with super strength working at a bakery. The main love interest was a grouchy baker there, and one of their co-workers was a handsome teasing guy. I cannot for the life of me remember the name.

You are almost certainly thinking of Gourmet Hound.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

ToxicFrog posted:

No, it’s not that. This was a manga. I think it was published by Hana to Yume?

E: I think the male lead’s name was Satsuki.

BearDrivingTruck fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jul 24, 2020

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

BearDrivingTruck posted:

No, it’s not that. This was a manga. I think it was published by Hana to Yume?

E: I think the male lead’s name was Satsuki.

Huh. You exactly described Gourmet Hound there, I figured you were misremembering it as a print manga or something.

Maybe Shiawase Kissa 3-Choume? The names don't match up, but it has the "short, super-strong girl working at a bakery gets romantically entangled with one of the other workers there" thing, and it was published by Hana to Yume.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

ToxicFrog posted:

Man this was a good one and I'm glad it got a proper ending.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

ToxicFrog posted:

Huh. You exactly described Gourmet Hound there, I figured you were misremembering it as a print manga or something.

Maybe Shiawase Kissa 3-Choume? The names don't match up, but it has the "short, super-strong girl working at a bakery gets romantically entangled with one of the other workers there" thing, and it was published by Hana to Yume.

It’s Shiawase, thanks!

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

ToxicFrog posted:

I'm a few chapters in and I'm finding it incredibly frustrating because Cha Yoon is not listening to Erae when she tells her about the actual problem (she can't tell when people are flirting with her and has a tendency to attract psychopathic stalker types who will react to that obliviousness by following her to work and trashing the place) and is trying to solve the wrong problem by teaching Erae to get people's phone numbers

So on the one hand I'm not sure I'll continue with this one, but on the other hand I really want to know what the deal is with the panel you posted
Yeah, I didn't love that part either - but I hope you can stick with it, because it's such a good story, and if memory serves it is addressed, at least somewhat.

ZeusCannon posted:

Are there any completed stories that run along the same sorta lines as the dumb prefect one? Im just randomly reading things in the thread now but figured I'd ask.
What I would suggest doing is looking at the tags for dumb prefect and looking them up using baka-updates advanced search (where you can search one tag per line).

EDIT:

ToxicFrog posted:

This is probably one of the most powerful recommendations in this thread, and I've only read like 10 chapters.

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jul 24, 2020

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Oh Wise Ones, I come seeking counsel.

I'm trying to remember the name of a manga: Set in Japan in the 1920s (the 1923 earthquake is a plot point in the latter parts) main character was a young guy with a bum arm, his family -all of them dicks save for his sister- sends him away and sets him up with an arranged marriage, girl is small and has gigantic hair when she lets it down.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Edmond Dantes posted:

Oh Wise Ones, I come seeking counsel.

I'm trying to remember the name of a manga: Set in Japan in the 1920s (the 1923 earthquake is a plot point in the latter parts) main character was a young guy with a bum arm, his family -all of them dicks save for his sister- sends him away and sets him up with an arranged marriage, girl is small and has gigantic hair when she lets it down.

https://mangadex.org/title/17883/taishou-otome-otogibanashi

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

:dance: tytyty

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/kousuke_oono/status/1286874057456013312

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
:toot:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
RIP Pocha Climb, you were good while you lasted. :(

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

:comfyoot:

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
New It's Not Meguro-san's First Time where it's actually her first time?

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

D. Ebdrup posted:

Yeah, I didn't love that part either - but I hope you can stick with it, because it's such a good story, and if memory serves it is addressed, at least somewhat.

I'm still reading it and Cha Yoon just went back for her choker and I am freaking the gently caress out

This comic is just a crateful of useless lesbians isn't it

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the last time i read the love doctor the scan quality drop off hard near the end

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

ToxicFrog posted:

I'm still reading it and Cha Yoon just went back for her choker and I am freaking the gently caress out

This comic is just a crateful of useless lesbians isn't it
Yea, I remember that part - it's been a while since I was that glued to the screen

Didn't realize that was the collective noun

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
new I Love You, Miki!

ZeusCannon posted:

like how, like, "dating but the story still goes on" and both leads are silly goobers? Horimiya is technically still going, but it reached the original end point of the series and has just been adapting side stories since then(which are fantastic, mind you, and I wouldn't hate them continuing to adapt them for years to come)

maybe Yamada's First Time?

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Kid's got a future in Architecture

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I've learned that the Kuzumi-kun author has been posting follow up stuff on twitter.
https://twitter.com/motunabeeee/status/1286979509766557697
https://twitter.com/motunabeeee/status/1283701659252617216
https://twitter.com/motunabeeee/status/1279762943656161280
https://twitter.com/motunabeeee/status/1223488912678518785

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Captain Invictus posted:

new I Love You, Miki!

like how, like, "dating but the story still goes on" and both leads are silly goobers? Horimiya is technically still going, but it reached the original end point of the series and has just been adapting side stories since then(which are fantastic, mind you, and I wouldn't hate them continuing to adapt them for years to come)

maybe Yamada's First Time?

I'll give them a try. I keep running into "bittersweet" stuff which I don't hate but is sorta loving my already hosed mood. So just nice love stories between nice people is pleasant

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

ZeusCannon posted:

I'll give them a try. I keep running into "bittersweet" stuff which I don't hate but is sorta loving my already hosed mood. So just nice love stories between nice people is pleasant
Have you read Fu-Fu?

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

D. Ebdrup posted:

Have you read Fu-Fu?

I feel like this is a shibboleth I am about to fail horribly

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

ZeusCannon posted:

I feel like this is a shibboleth I am about to fail horribly
It's this.

Alright, I'm sold.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl
New chapter of Young Ladies Don't Play Fighting Games.

Love a romance comic who's primary emotional overtone is bloodlust.

Also, any early fears I had about it not getting real gay are rapidly being proven wrong.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Every chapter someone must bleed.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I wonder how much longer Nettaigyo's going to run.....

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Gutter Owl posted:

New chapter of Young Ladies Don't Play Fighting Games.

Love a romance comic who's primary emotional overtone is bloodlust.

Also, any early fears I had about it not getting real gay are rapidly being proven wrong.
How could you have doubted, there were lillies on, like, page 3!

Spiritus Nox posted:

[some very lewd stuff]
:nws: this, please!!!

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Spiritus Nox posted:

I wonder how much longer Nettaigyo's going to run.....

It did have some very last chapter energy, but it hasn't ended yet in Japan, though the scans are current.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Lemon-Lime posted:

It did have some very last chapter energy, but it hasn't ended yet in Japan, though the scans are current.

Yeah I've felt like we're on an off ramp for a good few chapters now, but I feel like we'd probably know by now if the upcoming volume release was planned to be the last one, right? I feel like we knew that Bloom Into You was ending on volume 8 when volume 7 released months earlier.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

ZeusCannon posted:

an old standby for essentially drama-free romcom/slice of life is Bonnouji, enjoy.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

ZeusCannon posted:

Ore Monogatari/My Love Story has the main characters get together really early on and is very light and fluffy

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl

D. Ebdrup posted:

How could you have doubted, there were lillies on, like, page 3!

Because you never believe your dreams will really come true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Still Sick ended with its 23rd chapter and an epilogue: https://mangadex.org/title/31353/still-sick