Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Willo567 posted:

I feel absolute giddy joy that Trump is always pissed about Twitter Trends insulting him.

The one thing I like about Trump is the unbelievably thin skin he has. I find great joy in knowing that literally anyone could get him into a hissy fit. Any random twitter account, no matter how famous or completely anonymous, can cause him to feel utterly hurt with the weakest of burns.

You could call him a booger head, and he’d be fuming about it for hours. The most powerful person in the world could be brought to mental ruination by a 3-year old. I should find that horrifying, but instead I laugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

BigglesSWE posted:

The one thing I like about Trump is the unbelievably thin skin he has. I find great joy in knowing that literally anyone could get him into a hissy fit. Any random twitter account, no matter how famous or completely anonymous, can cause him to feel utterly hurt with the weakest of burns.

You could call him a booger head, and he’d be fuming about it for hours. The most powerful person in the world could be brought to mental ruination by a 3-year old. I should find that horrifying, but instead I laugh.

Moreover, we now know basically all of his triggers, so you just need to daisy chain enough of them together to make him really explode. For example: "hey @RealDonaldTrump! Your personal wealth is the same size as your hands: tiny. Also you're stupider than a dog and you lost the popular vote to Hillary Clinton. Get stuffed."

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008
The eviction apocalypse won't be that bad becasue what's really protecting people in a lot of places is state or local eviction moratoriums, not federal ones. Many of these are still getting extended. CA for example definitely will. It will still be real loving bad though.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire
https://twitter.com/usao_or/status/1287883448862912512?s=21

I’m the can of black beans

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

surprised they didn't call them "attack shields" to be even more ridiculous.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
Those are anarchist beans. You can tell because they're not Goya.

I also like that the "jar prepped for a Molotov cocktail" appears to be...a jar. Also there's just one of them. So I guess the antifa super soldiers all got together and decided they were all going to share one Molotov?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

"Alex, what is stuff that might be useful if someone was throwing tear gas grenades at me?"

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

SubG posted:

They're not Goya, therefore they are anarchist beans.

I also like that the "jar prepped for a Molotov cocktail" appears to be...a jar. Also there's just one of them. So I guess the antifa super soldiers all got together and decided they were all going to share one Molotov?

Hey now that means they had at least 3 when you factor in those two mason jars from earlier :v:

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

I can't really think of a non-fascist situation in which people use the word "contraband". Its explicit use in context is always "these things that are bad, but if we called them what they are it wouldn't sound bad"

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

No payroll tax cut so Trump failed that

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

So folks, Today Mr Mitch said someting wonderful. "A continued federal supplement to state unemployment insurance. The weekly amount is “eight times what Democrats put in place when they controlled the White House and Congress during the Great Recession," McConnell said."

$200 a week.

:roflolmao:
Holy poo poo that's hilarious.

SubG posted:

So I guess the antifa super soldiers all got together and decided they were all going to share one Molotov?

You fool, they were going to combine their Bernie Chi and create a giant spirit bomb to blow away capitalism.

I only pray they neutralized the JO Crystalz in time.

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jul 28, 2020

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Just realized that those mason jars will probably be big enough to contain a teargas grenade.

Also just LOL’ing at what they consider contraband = anything that is used to defend against attacking police. Contraband would be improvised melee weapons and crossbows.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Dubar posted:

I can't really think of a non-fascist situation in which people use the word "contraband". Its explicit use in context is always "these things that are bad, but if we called them what they are it wouldn't sound bad"
Was about to post something to that extent. Prisons have contraband.

Like, is the argument that protesters aren't supposed to have certain things otherwise it violates the rules of peaceful assembly?

As a Canadian, I find everything so loving baffling. Some states it's just totally cool to carry an AK47 into Walmart or a McDonalds. You know, just totally normal and cool, and not at all threatening. Meanwhile, having a Hockey stick at a protest is "contraband" because what, it might suggest violent intentions? Because guns in everyday life doesn't?!

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

ClothHat posted:

I get that the cops painted these, but can someone explain why? I don't understand what point the paint is supposed to prove.

It’s probably not fresh paint. Whoever planted it was a moron and the “Molotov” wicks ended up wicking all the fluid in the jars out onto the magazines. If it was some kind of fuel oil or kerosene it probably had some solvent action on the paint. The whole thing is dumb af

follow that camel!!
Jan 1, 2006

If anyone was wondering about life at the edges, I'm fortunate enough to be getting unemployment in Washington state, since I can't teach fitness in person anytime soon. That's $235/week now that the $600 is ending. Luckily, I'm now eligible for food assistance without that extra $600. So that's an extra $43 for food. A month. I really wonder why they even bother with it, because it seems like it'd cost more to adminsiter than the $11/week they pay out.

Average rent in Seattle is like $2,000. I'm fine financially, and none of that is a plea for help or anything. But as the nouveau poor, hats off to anyone who has/had to survive like that. But there's a real figure if you know anyone that thinks people are living well off the government teat.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Remember they allowed armed guys to walk up and shout in their faces about not being able to make others serve them in restaurants or get haircuts.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Food assistance is a joke and nobody can live on that alone

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

follow that camel!! posted:

If anyone was wondering about life at the edges, I'm fortunate enough to be getting unemployment in Washington state, since I can't teach fitness in person anytime soon. That's $235/week now that the $600 is ending. Luckily, I'm now eligible for food assistance without that extra $600. So that's an extra $43 for food. A month. I really wonder why they even bother with it, because it seems like it'd cost more to adminsiter than the $11/week they pay out.

Average rent in Seattle is like $2,000. I'm fine financially, and none of that is a plea for help or anything. But as the nouveau poor, hats off to anyone who has/had to survive like that. But there's a real figure if you know anyone that thinks people are living well off the government teat.

"McDonalds is hiring! Bootstraps! Learn to code! Go back to school!"

I think i just about covered it from the right.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

SubG posted:

Also, there’s a free food kitchen (Riot Ribs) literally across the street to provide free aid to protestors, the houseless, and anybody else who wanders by, and which has been repeatedly raided/smashed/destroyed by the Feds when “clearing rioters”. So there’s a real good chance those beans were just there for eating and the cops picked them up off the ground.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

But as the nouveau poor, hats off to anyone who has/had to survive like that.

Welcome. You say this in a casual manner that makes me think you don't yet realize that half the country, as in 150mil including children and the very elderly lived this way even before the pandemic.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Still Dismal posted:

The eviction apocalypse won't be that bad becasue what's really protecting people in a lot of places is state or local eviction moratoriums, not federal ones. Many of these are still getting extended. CA for example definitely will. It will still be real loving bad though.

This is naive and stupid. The places with the highest risk are the places that have helped people the least (lowest UI benefits, no eviction protection extensions). It's a powder keg.

Still Dismal posted:

The eviction apocalypse won't be that bad becasue... it will still be real loving bad though.

lol

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Yeah the is going to be the story for a lot of people. Anyone was was living off the government teat, like the disabled or elderly for example, have a known fixed income and live within those means. For the millions of people who went from surviving or living well to barely making enough to eat is going to hit a lot real hard.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

It's one thing to know the statistics but hearing and seeing the loving deprivation people are being forced into is just infuriating.

I hope you (and all of us) make it through this okay. Are there any mutual aid or food support organizations in your area that you can reach out to?

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/People4Bernie/status/1287848244135907328?s=19

Thanks Dems!

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

The big boy made up throwing out the first pitch at the Yankees game

https://twitter.com/kenvogel/status/1287897818515025923?s=20

follow that camel!!
Jan 1, 2006

i am harry posted:

Welcome. You say this in a casual manner that makes me think you don't yet realize that half the country, as in 150mil including children and the very elderly lived this way even before the pandemic.

I really didn't. I certainly didn't know how little people get with food assistance. When the lady on the phone said I'd get $43 I said, "a week?" and the way she paused before saying it was the for the whole month was a mix of "look at this new guy" and "it breaks my heart to tell you this".

I'd never been on unemployment before either. I had some background awareness that it was tough (and expensive) to be poor, but not the specifics.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Guze posted:

The big boy made up throwing out the first pitch at the Yankees game

https://twitter.com/kenvogel/status/1287897818515025923?s=20

I mean it was pretty obvious that he just said it because he was jealous that Fauci was asked to throw out the pitch at the Nationals opener, and was hoping he could just will it into existence

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

SubG posted:

Look, combine those with the leaf blowers and you have a recipe for chemical warfare.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

https://twitter.com/jerdbertly/status/1287424922193743874?s=19

I really didn't. I certainly didn't know how little people get with food assistance. When the lady on the phone said I'd get $43 I said, "a week?" and the way she paused before saying it was the for the whole month was a mix of "look at this new guy" and "it breaks my heart to tell you this".

I'd never been on unemployment before either. I had some background awareness that it was tough (and expensive) to be poor, but not the specifics.

Yeah my family was on food assistance my entire pre-adult life. Not exactly having the lobster and steak buffets every night, let me tell you.

Push El Burrito posted:

Look, combine those with the leaf blowers and you have a recipe for chemical warfare.

Speaking of innovations in protest technology.

https://twitter.com/DougHageman/status/1287788230222389248?s=19

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe
https://twitter.com/zachjcarter/status/1287893634193461253

Worthless

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008

Bottom Liner posted:

This is naive and stupid. The places with the highest risk are the places that have helped people the least (lowest UI benefits, no eviction protection extensions). It's a powder keg.

lol

Is "it will not be 40% of all renters in california (or half of lousiana or texas, or whatever) getting evicted bad, but still very bad" too complex a thought for you to grasp? The federal moratorium that is set to expire is not the thing that was preventing most evictions. A lot depends on state and local eviction moratoriums.

The apocalyptic numbers that the chart I was responding to was putting up won't happen. That doesn't mean that really bad poo poo won''t happen. It probably will.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

To quote his many followers "what a snowflake"

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

... why are they opposing Marijuana legalization? People want it. It works well. What in the world are they doing?

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Apparently the new proposal makes the federal UI supplement count towards eligibility for low-income programs (it didn't before), which by my napkin math means I'll lose my eligibility for Medicaid while I'm still dealing with the fallout of a severe medical situation

Oh well, it was nice while it lasted :sigh:

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008
Old people too stronk.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
Is it genuinely just Biden's opposition pulling them there? I always thought Biden's opposition didn't matter since the money and lobby, not to mention the voters, are all behind it so it's a no-brainer that they'd force his hand on. Jesus Christ just when I let the tiniest bit of optimism in too.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Maybe we're just being too cynical. Maybe something good will happen?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Grondoth posted:

... why are they opposing Marijuana legalization? People want it. It works well. What in the world are they doing?
Joe Biden is personally opposed to it.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

BigglesSWE posted:

This is the sole reason things like the Lincoln Project exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Grondoth posted:

Pharma.