Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Ok so to sum it up: sad, angry, hospital

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

https://imgur.com/a/N0eFKwI

https://imgur.com/a/ckP1g2q

Android Apocalypse fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Jul 28, 2020

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Hahaha

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

re: this bullshit

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

I just got a bunch of screens from season 12+ so I will not be participating in the random screenshot game

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

:allears:

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I'm sputtering

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Beautiful.

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
If they're going to overuse any old side characters you'd think Dr Colossus would be a fun one. At least he showed up a bit in the comics.

A big thing with the golden age is that they weren't afraid to introduce and reuse recurring characters. Zombie Simpsons just has the same shrinking cast frozen in time.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

The shading on those teeth is fuckin’ me up.

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

If they're going to overuse any old side characters you'd think Dr Colossus would be a fun one. At least he showed up a bit in the comics.

A big thing with the golden age is that they weren't afraid to introduce and reuse recurring characters. Zombie Simpsons just has the same shrinking cast frozen in time.

Except this guy, who I discovered had been aged since his appearance in Homer the Heretic

https://simpsons.fandom.com/wiki/Jay_Nahasapeemapetilon

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Roger Baolong Thunder Dragon has been fascinated by this sophisticated and scientifically beautiful industry since childhood, and has shown his talent in the design and manufacture of watches.

Bobstar posted:

Except this guy, who I discovered had been aged since his appearance in Homer the Heretic

I'm sure I wasn't the only kid who thought his name was "Jumpshit" when I first heard it

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Ghost Leviathan posted:

What I'm hearing is that you want more Cat Lady.

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Roger Baolong Thunder Dragon has been fascinated by this sophisticated and scientifically beautiful industry since childhood, and has shown his talent in the design and manufacture of watches.

Lobok posted:

What I'm hearing is that you want more Cat Lady.

Her name is Dr. Eleanor Abernathy, Esq.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

He appears to be made out of airplanes, not airports. Hope somebody got fired for that blunder, etc. :colbert:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Bobstar posted:

That was sort of a big deal because he's actually voiced by an Indian American and wasn't forced to use an accent.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Dr colossus was unpersoned in syndication because all his scenes were cut

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

seiferguy posted:

That was sort of a big deal because he's actually voiced by an Indian American and wasn't forced to use an accent.

Just shows how well I've ignored the bad seasons then :colbert:

I was only looking him up for instructions on how to get away from him!

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Bootleg Trunks posted:

Dr colossus was unpersoned in syndication because all his scenes were cut

And they cut the local hotheads tearing down the sunblocker!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Bobstar posted:

Just shows how well I've ignored the bad seasons then :colbert:

I was only looking him up for instructions on how to get away from him!

I only knew about it from watching The Problem With Apu. It's not a bad documentary, kind of makes you hate Hank Azaria though!

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

seiferguy posted:

kind of makes you hate Hank Azaria though!

If you ever want to hate a Simpsons actor try listening to Harry Shearer’s “podcast”

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I used to know some guys that worked with Harry Shearer for some voiceover stuff, apparently he's a giant prick. If I remember correctly, Christopher Guest was also a major rear end in a top hat when Spinal Tap cameoed in The Otto Show, so maybe McKean is the only good one.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

seiferguy posted:

I only knew about it from watching The Problem With Apu. It's not a bad documentary, kind of makes you hate Hank Azaria though!

In his defense he Hank Azaria did publicly apologize and refuse to voice Apu anymore after the documentary came out.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Baron von Eevl posted:

I used to know some guys that worked with Harry Shearer for some voiceover stuff, apparently he's a giant prick. If I remember correctly, Christopher Guest was also a major rear end in a top hat when Spinal Tap cameoed in The Otto Show, so maybe McKean is the only good one.

Is there an article on that? Cause I love the behind the scenes stuff.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Baron von Eevl posted:

Listening to Le Show is fun because Harry Shearer is such an old crank about everything. It's grandpa at his typewriter for an hour a week.

He has a recurring segment where he complains about people starting sentences with the word "so"

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Bootleg Trunks fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jul 29, 2020

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Um. You should probably join me or die.

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Hahahahaha

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

:dudsmile:

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

It appears that the elephant is highly sensitive to the effects of LSD - a finding which may prove to be valuable in elephant-control work in Africa.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

(frowning Mr. Sparkle) I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt, not that fancy combini-bought dirt... I can't banish that stuff.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

The shading on those teeth is fuckin’ me up.

They're aliens, get over it.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roRQ2mNwMMQ