Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sibling of TB
Aug 4, 2007
Paid the 5 bucks. Wanted something for my phone and it looks pretty neat. Hasn't hooked me yet but feels like a slow burn so that's alright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Is there a general thing i've unlocked that helps takes me from Godmother to the Typo Zonw in NGU?

I've only got 13.5Qi power and 5.6Qi Toughness (enough to idle the Godmother), but the wiki says i need 200/90 to even manual the zone.

It seemed like a fairly even pace from zone to titan up to this point but is this just a point where things slow down again and i just need to keep on dumping energy into evil NGUs, etc.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
The mechanic you unlocked by beating the godmother the first time is where your next push comes from. It'll take some time to work through those and start realizing the benefits, but once you get that running full speed it's still pretty smooth going.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

Kin posted:

Is there a general thing i've unlocked that helps takes me from Godmother to the Typo Zonw in NGU?

I've only got 13.5Qi power and 5.6Qi Toughness (enough to idle the Godmother), but the wiki says i need 200/90 to even manual the zone.

It seemed like a fairly even pace from zone to titan up to this point but is this just a point where things slow down again and i just need to keep on dumping energy into evil NGUs, etc.

This is also the time to take advantage of those macguffins if you haven't already.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Cool, yeah I've kinda not really been doing much with mcguffins so far.

So, in short, i focus on wishes (initially those with mcguffin improving mechanics), maybe crank out some challenges (unlocking mcguffin slots and other things), and just keep grinding away at evil NGU adventure stats.

I've almost maxxed the watermelon fruit so I'll finally be able to start putting seeds onto the mcguffin fruit and other things there too.

Any particular thing I should be dumping PP and qp into?

Daily, I have about 7000 PP and just 300 QP.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

Kin posted:

Cool, yeah I've kinda not really been doing much with mcguffins so far.

So, in short, i focus on wishes (initially those with mcguffin improving mechanics), maybe crank out some challenges (unlocking mcguffin slots and other things), and just keep grinding away at evil NGU adventure stats.

I've almost maxxed the watermelon fruit so I'll finally be able to start putting seeds onto the mcguffin fruit and other things there too.

Any particular thing I should be dumping PP and qp into?

Daily, I have about 7000 PP and just 300 QP.

Macguffin slots. It's primarily the adventure macguffin that will help you build up your stats, but having a few extra slots filled out will give you about a 1-2% boost to various stats. The ironpill will also boost your base adv stat, so getting one level in that will be a boon. Max out your blood generation if you haven't already. Getting an extra wish slot through the Pink Heart will also somewhat speed things up.

Raimondo
Apr 29, 2010
Could I get an invite into the NGU goon channel?

Also, as far as questing goes, should I always be doing my major quests manually? I try to do them at the beginning of my rebirth, but I inevitably walk away from my computer and forget about it, causing wasted time sitting in an adventure zone with a million bits of string.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug
Everyone will say don't idle majors but I just don't got the patience for that poo poo. I bought the faster questing from the AP store and truly idle questing perk and it still takes forever for my majors to run out and now I never have to think about it any more.

Lets me grind more PP instead of wasting time in quest zones.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

I treat the potions I have in NGU like items in a JRPG. Am I probably just gonna sit on them forever?

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.

Black Griffon posted:

I treat the potions I have in NGU like items in a JRPG. Am I probably just gonna sit on them forever?

They become exceptionally useful once you unlock wishes, so hoarding them until then isn't too bad. I think the only consumables that are really not that useful are mcguffin muffins and EM bar bars. I guess you can use the bars when doing troll challenges?

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Chin Strap posted:

Everyone will say don't idle majors but I just don't got the patience for that poo poo. I bought the faster questing from the AP store and truly idle questing perk and it still takes forever for my majors to run out and now I never have to think about it any more.

It's kind of interesting, if frustrating, that "optimal" QP progress in late-Questing is the stack-to-100 method once you get all the upgrades allowing for a single Level 100 quest item turn-in to clear a Major active quest. You can (and probably will) stockpile a bunch of L100 drops for future use but it's still a slow process at the point at which the feature should have more or less shifted to full automation, or at least had automation be competitive with the stacking method. WAMI suffers from a similar issue in that by extreme late-game some progress factors are online-only, for example: how important Slimes become and how massive their bonuses get, which becomes a problem because they aren't factored into offline calculations.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Manyorcas posted:

They become exceptionally useful once you unlock wishes, so hoarding them until then isn't too bad. I think the only consumables that are really not that useful are mcguffin muffins and EM bar bars. I guess you can use the bars when doing troll challenges?

Ah, good. Just needed to know they have a use.

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.

KazigluBey posted:

It's kind of interesting, if frustrating, that "optimal" QP progress in late-Questing is the stack-to-100 method once you get all the upgrades allowing for a single Level 100 quest item turn-in to clear a Major active quest.

Here's a link to the post I made about it since it was a while ago. It was cool to figure out, but even now I see the beast butter on sale and think "Should I do that again for another 100 majors? ehhhhh :effort:"

KazigluBey posted:

WAMI suffers from a similar issue in that by extreme late-game some progress factors are online-only, for example: how important Slimes become and how massive their bonuses get, which becomes a problem because they aren't factored into offline calculations.

When I unlocked alchemy in WAMI and realized how much of a tedious pain in the rear end it was going to be, I quit on the spot. It's a pity, I liked some of the things WAMI did with the item dropping and bar-equivalent mechanics.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Manyorcas posted:

When I unlocked alchemy in WAMI and realized how much of a tedious pain in the rear end it was going to be, I quit on the spot. It's a pity, I liked some of the things WAMI did with the item dropping and bar-equivalent mechanics.

I think alchemy, at least until it's own endgame, is fine if you realize that you shouldn't touch it much until you get the auto-experimentation feature unlocked, and even then that you should prioritize the one-off recipes before the repeatables. The issue with alchemy is much, much later on: not having offline progression (there it is again) meaning that when you reach the end-game alchemy state of having functionally infinite fuel for it you can't have it tick away offline.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I pop the beta potions if I'm doing a several-days rebirth- right now I've cleared level 100 in Evil and am building up Adventure stats to head into Pretty Pink Princess zone and probably won't rebirth til I'm done farming it, so sure I'll pop an Energy Power beta potion if it's gonna last a week or more.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

Raimondo posted:

Could I get an invite into the NGU goon channel?

Also, as far as questing goes, should I always be doing my major quests manually? I try to do them at the beginning of my rebirth, but I inevitably walk away from my computer and forget about it, causing wasted time sitting in an adventure zone with a million bits of string.

couldn't find "Raimondo" in the discord server so i'll need a pm there please.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

I've just left questing on auto ever since i unlocked it and the truly idle questing perk. I can't remember the last time i saw a major quest and i've definitely not had a stockpile since i left it idling.

Is there a way to speed up the generation of major quests?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Chin Strap posted:

Yea, don't bother manualing questing after the first few Newbie Quirks unless you got some Butter as well. The only times I did were to get the last few QP for the Evil - Normal NGU Quirk and then again at the end of Evil just because I was bored.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Samuringa posted:

Yea, don't bother manualing questing after the first few Newbie Quirks unless you got some Butter as well. The only times I did were to get the last few QP for the Evil - Normal NGU Quirk and then again at the end of Evil just because I was bored.

I did manual major questing every day for a few months and actually ran out of useful quirks to buy (the attack/defense quirks are not useful). New quirks have been released since then.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
So I'm creeping up on Evil in NGU atm, is there a checklist of what you should do before switching over?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Broken Cog posted:

So I'm creeping up on Evil in NGU atm, is there a checklist of what you should do before switching over?

try to finish all the challenges except for No-TM and 24 hour ones

you can bank some perk points for the welcome to evil perk

but other than that you should probably jump when you can, the increased PP generation and removal of equipment level limits tends to outweigh massively farming QP/PP

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Alright cheers!

I haven't got the Power Pill or the Gerbil maxed yet though, will proceeding to Evil remove access to The Beast until I get back to Chocolate World?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Broken Cog posted:

Alright cheers!

I haven't got the Power Pill or the Gerbil maxed yet though, will proceeding to Evil remove access to The Beast until I get back to Chocolate World?

No, all Normal titans remain accessible as long as you're not below the relevant boss level in Normal. Think of it as every boss in Evil being above the final boss in Normal.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

I've been occasionally doing manual majors, especially to push for various important humps (like getting an extra bank right before a rebirth), but unless it's a very specific and hard bump in raw power I wouldn't recommend doing more than a couple manual majors scattered about a week or so. Just enough to keep the cap from overflowing until you get another notable increase in QP gain that you can flip into backfilling, really. I'm around the end of evil (ak ev2) for reference.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Pope Guilty posted:

No, all Normal titans remain accessible as long as you're not below the relevant boss level in Normal. Think of it as every boss in Evil being above the final boss in Normal.

Ah, so it's kind of like a separate mode altogether?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

what is WAMI

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Not much, whats wami with you, mate?

(Wizard And Minion Idle)

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Is there a good guide to AP purchases? I got the first three hearts, advanced filter, cube boost filter and now an accessory slot. Wondering if it make sense to grab another accessory slot or buy a couple beard slots and another digger?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Broken Cog posted:

Ah, so it's kind of like a separate mode altogether?

It's more of an extension kind of.

From adventure mode perspective, you can go back and do anything that was accessible in normal right off the gate, and you don't also hit the boss # penalty that you would see.

Anything you do in normal effects evil, but not necessarily the other way around, most anything that is an evil-only stat bonus (Evil NGUs, Perks, Quirks) only affects evil, albeit you will still retain unlocked slots and other bonus abilities generally.

NGUs in Evil are considered standalone and must be leveled mutually exclusive to the Normal NGUs (there'll be a new toggle on the menu) but there's a quirk you can get eventually that makes it so any level gained for an Evil NGU gives a level in the corresponding Normal NGU .

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug

DariusLikewise posted:

Is there a good guide to AP purchases? I got the first three hearts, advanced filter, cube boost filter and now an accessory slot. Wondering if it make sense to grab another accessory slot or buy a couple beard slots and another digger?

Get more beard slots. 5 at least total.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i unlocked questing but there are so few normal mode things :(

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

KazigluBey posted:

It's kind of interesting, if frustrating, that "optimal" QP progress in late-Questing is the stack-to-100 method once you get all the upgrades allowing for a single Level 100 quest item turn-in to clear a Major active quest. You can (and probably will) stockpile a bunch of L100 drops for future use but it's still a slow process at the point at which the feature should have more or less shifted to full automation, or at least had automation be competitive with the stacking method.
i'm not sure i see how the most optimal play is to inefficiently stack quest items instead of just using the very large amount of inventory space which is cheaply available to deliver them at 100% their value.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

See when it comes to wishes, is it best to start working on a much longer one (say the dual wielding one which is currently 15 days to level 1 at my current max stats) or just work my way up through them based on their Total Cost?

I figure that while the latter approach might take longer, i'll end up having a whole bunch of additional upgrades for various different things and by the time i get through them i'll have more resources that are likely to then bring the 15 days down. Though by how much i'm not sure.

Or should i do that same approach but by base cost instead of total so i unlock things at level 1 and then move on?

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Kin posted:

See when it comes to wishes, is it best to start working on a much longer one (say the dual wielding one which is currently 15 days to level 1 at my current max stats) or just work my way up through them based on their Total Cost?

I figure that while the latter approach might take longer, i'll end up having a whole bunch of additional upgrades for various different things and by the time i get through them i'll have more resources that are likely to then bring the 15 days down. Though by how much i'm not sure.

Or should i do that same approach but by base cost instead of total so i unlock things at level 1 and then move on?

You have multiple slots. Stick some resources in a long-running one, then work on faster ones concurrently.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Ghostlight posted:

i'm not sure i see how the most optimal play is to inefficiently stack quest items instead of just using the very large amount of inventory space which is cheaply available to deliver them at 100% their value.

Because you can leave a full line of them in your auto-merge slots and come back (much) later to a bunch of L100s that each clear a single manual Major, which you've ofc also Mayo'd. Meaning you can stockpile a handful for the next few instances of the same quest rotating around again when you've got Majors/Mayo to work through. This is by far the best use of your Majors when it comes to QP returns since idling misses both the manual bonus and (probably, unless you're baby-sitting it) the Mayo use.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Just fill your inventory and skip the 50% tax. What else are you using it for?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Ghostlight posted:

boosts and pictures made from inventory items, mostly

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

Ghostlight posted:

Sure, you could fill your inventory with quest items - but only for one quest, if you're gone for a long time. Chances are the next quest you start will be a different quest though, and how are you going to get your dreamcatcher drops if your inventory is filled with caterpillars? Unless you're babysitting the next quest you'll probably go idle long enough to miss a bunch of drops from your inventory filling up again, or you can throw away a bunch of your dreamcatchers, but with item combining you can instead throw away just half of your dreamcatchers while making room for the next set of items. Combining also allows you to idle productively longer, albeit at an effectively 50% slower droprate.

It's definitely not without it's downsides, but I found it to be the best qp payout for your attention input if you're using beast butter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

your inventory can't be filled with caterpillars because you need to turn 50 of them in. sure, if you're idling you'll miss some quest drops but are you idling long enough to miss half of them?