Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

"saving lives is not our party platform"

ШАТ ТНЕ ФНОСК

Is this from the Trump press conference?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Mat Cauthon posted:

This will never materialize into anything but just on the merits it is insanely dumb.

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1288224650099658754?s=19

But hey if they can somehow revitalize Rochester I'd be happy to move back eventually. Love that town

LOL this is because FujiFilm has a huge biotech arm, isn't it?

e: who are in the news for getting ~$250M contract to produce COVID vaccine

ReidRansom fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jul 28, 2020

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

The Glumslinger posted:

350 jobs aint gonna fix the town

Well yeah obviously. Shame that tech corridor/renewable energy thing didn't pan out a few years back. They never do but Rochester really needs something to help them out.

Combatace posted:

"Indian Country" isn't a phrase that's cool to say anymore, right?

Yeah it's not good.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

"Why doesn't anyone like me? It can only be my personality."

Was that a break through?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Come on reporters, he brought up Demon Sperm lady as a wonderful doctor, now's your chance to say "Do you agree with her on Demon Sex?"

Space Gopher
Jul 31, 2006

BLITHERING IDIOT AND HARDCORE DURIAN APOLOGIST. LET ME TELL YOU WHY THIS SHIT DON'T STINK EVEN THOUGH WE ALL KNOW IT DOES BECAUSE I'M SUPER CULTURED.

1glitch0 posted:

I don't remember that at all, but I imagine a camera company making stuff for a plague vaccine will go great!

Pre-digital photography was all about precise chemistry. So, from that standpoint, an old camera company making pharmaceutical feedstocks isn't the craziest thing in the world - people who know how to run an industrial process to make film, developer, and fixer can learn to make other complex chemicals as well. Fujifilm does quite a bit of business in specialty chemicals and biological materials. Agfa used to have a close relationship with Bayer, although they're more in the medical imaging game now than in chemical production.

But, turning a photo chemical company into a pharma chemical company is not what's really going on here. All the people at Kodak who knew how to run a chemical production operation were fired years ago. This is just the husk of a company, propped up by a huckster.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo
A woman reporter, not sure who or from where, really pressed him in very specific terms about the whacko demon sperm doctor and he ended the presser.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
I mean Kodak has a lot of unused chemical production but it all was used for making basically the opposite of medicine. Super toxic poo poo.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Yesssss Kaitlin Collins is my new hero!!!

Edit - He hates her and has been a douche to her many times, I think she got him mad this time.

Wilbur Swain
Sep 13, 2007

These are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
He gets pushed on the quack doctor, says he doesn't know anything about her, then melts down and runs away.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Medullah posted:

Come on reporters, he brought up Demon Sperm lady as a wonderful doctor, now's your chance to say "Do you agree with her on Demon Sex?"

I wonder if there's any strategy discussed with the reporters that is like "look, we all want to ask about the demon sex but we know it all goes to hell when we do so is there anything else we want to get in first?"

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Medullah posted:

Yesssss Kaitlin Collins is my new hero!!!

Edit - He hates her and has been a douche to her many times, I think she got him mad this time.

Ah, that's who it was, thank you. Yeah she kept pressing.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

The Louisiana Supreme Court has issued a ruling that will allow recent law school graduates to practice law without taking the bar exam...
A quarter of the state law school grads who took the July bar exam for the first time last year failed it.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Mat Cauthon posted:

But hey if they can somehow revitalize Rochester I'd be happy to move back eventually. Love that town

Having been to Rochester, and knowing that you are a black man(I think), I find this hard to believe.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/Yamiche/status/1288229455866068993?s=20

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

https://twitter.com/BoKnowsNews/status/1288212348780544002?s=20

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Someone asks about a person he retweeted believing that aliens gave us Covid and the presser is done!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

"Nobody likes me, everybody hates me, guess I'll go eat worms" - Trump

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/TXAG/status/1288149215537963013

https://twitter.com/KBTXNews/status/1288198792316149760

quote:

Local health officials do not have the authority to shut down all schools in their vicinity while COVID-19 cases rise, Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton said in nonbinding guidance Tuesday that contradicts what the Texas Education Agency has told school officials.

After Texas ordered schools to reopen their classrooms this fall, county and city public health officials began to push back, ordering all public and private schools in their areas to stay closed through August and in some cases September. The officials cited a state law giving health officials authority to control communicable diseases.

But Paxton said in the letter that “nothing in the law gives health authorities the power to indiscriminately close schools — public or private — as these local orders claim to do. … It does not allow health authorities to issue blanket quarantine orders that are inconsistent with the law.”

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

VH4Ever posted:

Ah, that's who it was, thank you. Yeah she kept pressing.

I can't stop laughing. "Sir, the doctor you're talking about says that vaccines are made from alien DNA, do you also believe that?"

loving finally.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Jaxyon posted:

Having been to Rochester, and knowing that you are a black man(I think), I find this hard to believe.

But that's just the thing. I've lived in Rochester for a few years now, and despite the extraordinary inequality and red-lining and all that stuff, the city does inspire a real sense of community in a way that I haven't really encountered in other cities.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
It’s the year of our lord 2020 and the press is asking the President questions regarding the subject on whether our vaccines are made using the DNA of aliens.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Y'all realize that when schools open people die they will then blame public education and guess what Betsy NAZI devos wins the big prize of destroying public education in a way that loving Himmler would have clapped for.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Better video below

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jul 28, 2020

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Y'all realize that when schools open people die they will then blame public education and guess what Betsy NAZI devos wins the big prize of destroying public education in a way that loving Himmler would have clapped for.

I think a lot of this now is just salting the earth and poisoning the wells, having come to accept they're all getting booted come November. Or, well, January, I suppose.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It’s the year of our lord 2020 and the press is asking the President questions regarding the subject on whether our vaccines are made using the DNA of aliens.

RIGHT!? Why didn't she ask if drinking bleach and putting the sun up our butts can save us???

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I want to marry her right now.

quote:

"The woman you said was a 'great doctor' in that video u retweeted last night said that masks don't work and that there's a cure for COVID-19, both of which health experts say is not true...has also said that doctors make medicine from the DNA of ALIENS...

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

FizFashizzle posted:

it's not that crazy. Kodak would have had pretty substantial laboratory/chemistry facilities, and there's plenty of things that are required to design a vaccine that aren't moving proteins around. like you need the augur plates and poo poo

Ya

Would have had. Like decades ago, right?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

ReidRansom posted:

I think a lot of this now is just salting the earth and poisoning the wells, having come to accept they're all getting booted come November.

Yup pretty loving much. This makes me so loving angry and guess what republicans in March will be like "well trump killed 250k people but BIDEN was president when 1 mil people died"

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/1288230097330282496

Happy little DACAs

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1288232506697842688

Better video without a streamer.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Doctor Butts posted:

Ya

Would have had. Like decades ago, right?

surely something is there

like they have labs with vents at least

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

Combatace posted:

"Indian Country" isn't a phrase that's cool to say anymore, right?

Mat Cauthon posted:

Yeah it's not good.

It's fine. "Indian" is common and not offensive in colloquial, everyday contexts on the reservation. It's also used in some technical language. "Indian Law" and "Indian country" have specific meanings. "Federal Indian Law" and "_____ in Indian Country" are literally college courses we offer.

I have a friend who hates the term "Native American" because it implies that indigenous peoples are natively American, the first Americans. Her perspective is that "America" as a concept was imposed by European colonizers and her people existed as a nation for thousands of years before "America."

The best way to refer to someone is by their specific ethnic or cultural group, there are many hundreds of distinct nations. Navajo (Dine), Ojibwe, Cherokee, Lakota, Cree, etc.

"Indian" isn't really offensive but it can sometimes be ambiguous and there are better terms. This is not a Stephen Miller dogwhistle.

source: I teach at a tribal college on the reservation, have lived here for almost 30 years

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

surely something is there

like they have labs with vents at least

Yeah the big Kodak factory here is at least partially still operational, but I don't know what they do.

It's an enormous facility, I wouldn't be surprised if there's something it could contribute but it's gonna be grift instead of that anyway.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Medullah posted:

I can't stop laughing. "Sir, the doctor you're talking about says that vaccines are made from alien DNA, do you also believe that?"

loving finally.

Seriously! Hey, other WH reporters (except Yamiche who does this too), DO THIS MORE.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Oh man this makes him look like an even bigger moron than usual.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Mat Cauthon posted:

The Root is lucky Trump won because otherwise that entire crew would be out of a job but Harriot particularly sucks as a writer because his whole schtick is signifying "Blackity Black Blackness" for white audiences and he's not even good at it.

This is 1000% true.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/seungminkim/status/1288236313855107074

Atleast they're not all as dumb as Hoyer

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Fritz the Horse posted:

It's fine. "Indian" is common and not offensive in colloquial, everyday contexts on the reservation. It's also used in some technical language. "Indian Law" and "Indian country" have specific meanings. "Federal Indian Law" and "_____ in Indian Country" are literally college courses we offer.

I have a friend who hates the term "Native American" because it implies that indigenous peoples are natively American, the first Americans. Her perspective is that "America" as a concept was imposed by European colonizers and her people existed as a nation for thousands of years before "America."

The best way to refer to someone is by their specific ethnic or cultural group, there are many hundreds of distinct nations. Navajo (Dine), Ojibwe, Cherokee, Lakota, Cree, etc.

"Indian" isn't really offensive but it can sometimes be ambiguous and there are better terms. This is not a Stephen Miller dogwhistle.

source: I teach at a tribal college on the reservation, have lived here for almost 30 years

We've switched to saying First Nations in Canada.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Better than what Hoyer was saying earlier, at least.