Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Fishing has returned :coolfish:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
for a split second as my eyes came into focus and the image was half loaded i thought, oh a pv for nagatoro-san anime.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
How could you ever mistake Nagatoro’s blessed flesh fang for a disgusting real fang???

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
a fang's just a fang. if someone wants to render a fleshfang char the regular way, i'm here for that too

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Qwertycoatl posted:

Oh that was on my list of things I totally forgot about after the delay. Is it back now?

Yep! So far it has been pretty entertaining.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Space Flower posted:

for a split second as my eyes came into focus and the image was half loaded i thought, oh a pv for nagatoro-san anime.

:same:

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
wake me when there are fangs, plural

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Honestly the attitude of "Ugh, imagine laughing at jokes about body parts you absolute buffoon idiot degenerates" seems vaguely like a revival of reactionary prudishness disguised as something else but I'm also probably a buffoon idiot degenerate so what do I know.
Soz. Didn't mean to imply the boobjokes were under my super refined weeb tastes.
I'm someone that is totally for Amano Megumi wa Sukidarake so I shouldn't be throwing stones.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Zetsubou-san posted:

That one's right around the corner.

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!

Zetsubou-san posted:

Full shark teeth or go home

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Kibibit posted:

Full shark teeth or go home

Re:Zero has you covered.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Honestly the attitude of "Ugh, imagine laughing at jokes about body parts you absolute buffoon idiot degenerates" seems vaguely like a revival of reactionary prudishness disguised as something else but I'm also probably a buffoon idiot degenerate so what do I know.

Body part jokes are great but I imagine its a hard line to walk without either having it fall flat or going too far and making them tasteless. Toilet humor is similar.

I still laugh at "fart in the bathtub" visual gags though so maybe I just never grew up.

e: I am not liking this latest episode of God of Highschool. I bounced off Deca-dence and Rent-a-Girlfriend too. Starting to think my plan of "Binge S2 of Re;Zero at the end of the season" may not pan out if I cant find another show to stick with this season. :ohdear:

Furnaceface fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jul 28, 2020

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Titty.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

AnoHito posted:

dick shredder

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N
https://twitter.com/vestenet/status/1288207639764185088

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
in a world with no goblin slayer or shield hero, we must all focus our combined negative energies at uzaki's tits. the cycle continues

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

AnoHito posted:

I really wish they had her do her lines with an appliance in her mouth or a mouth guard in.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

The Colonel posted:

in a world with no goblin slayer or shield hero, we must all focus our combined negative energies at uzaki's tits. the cycle continues

actually the goblin slayer movie just went up on crunchy and my torrent is already done. see you on the other side

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Space Flower posted:

actually the goblin slayer movie just went up on crunchy and my torrent is already done. see you on the other side

tell me if elf is in it

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
yeah i checked to see if high elf archer was on the promo image for it. she was so i went "sure let's do this again"

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I had completely forgotten that that was happening.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Furnaceface posted:

e: I am not liking this latest episode of God of Highschool.
The whole wedding mini arc felt like an equally weird diversion in the comic and I'm kind of surprised they didn't skip it completely.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I am prepared to say that everyone involved in ANN reviews, the writers or the forums responders or the twitter hot takers, are dumb and bad.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

chumbler posted:

I am prepared to say that everyone involved in ANN reviews, the writers or the forums responders or the twitter hot takers, are dumb and bad.

You're dumb and bad

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pootybutt posted:

You're dumb and bad

but correct

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Shrug to that. B0bduh's a fantastic writer.

KoB
May 1, 2009
im surprised to hear the Sugoi Dekai is supposed to be in college, if it werent for the baps Id assume she was like 10

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

College students are known for their maturity.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

KoB posted:

im surprised to hear the Sugoi Dekai is supposed to be in college, if it werent for the baps Id assume she was like 10

This is a literal skit in the second episode.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

:hai:

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Pootybutt posted:

alright, ill let your favorite twitter guy be exempt from the dumb and bad group, this time...

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pootybutt posted:

he really isnt considering whenever he covers yuri anime he tries to place stuff that he thinks is 'good' and 'wholesome' in contrast with stuff he doesnt, because a dude projecting his madonna whore complex onto art about lesbianism is woke

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Let's be honest here, if your job description is being a professional anime reviewer, you have probably have made some bad decisions to get there.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

chumbler posted:

Jacob Chapman seems pretty cool and was very briefly a goon.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i dunno if he's done it lately but jacob chapman's said some insanely bizarre poo poo in the past, like calling gachaman crowds insight gamergate and getting weirdly convinced that banana fish actually has no cache as a classic shoujo manga and only got adapted because yuri on ice and free! proved that bl can be successful

i'm not really gonna try to cancel the ann staff but several of the big writers i can think of have done stuff that's made me weary of really trusting their perspective and thoughts on anime. and then there's just lots of instances of bizarre poo poo getting said on the site itself, in articles

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Jul 29, 2020

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I don’t really hold any ill will towards ANN writers but i think they tend to try and go overboard on analysis and it tends to make them be more negative on shows. I’ve witnessed reviewers in the preview guide get information on shows completely wrong because it’s obvious they weren’t paying attention.

I’m more than happy to just 3 episode test shows and pick the stuff I like and ignore the discourse at that point because what do I care that some reviewer thinks Uzaki isn’t funny?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I think my favorite crazy ANN review was when Theron Martin's review Akanesasu Shoujo and wondered why The show didn't answer the question about Asuka's missing brother completely missing the point of what the final 2 episodes had to say about Asuka's feelings/reaction to that

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I think my favorite crazy ANN review was when Theron Martin's review Akanesasu Shoujo and wondered why The show didn't answer the question about Asuka's missing brother completely missing the point of what the final 2 episodes had to say about Asuka's feelings/reaction to that

I mean, Martin is one of their most reliably bad reviewers. Dude has an incredible tin ear for subtext.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I can't really hold much ill will for ANN after they managed to rightfully kill Vic Mignogna's career by dragging all his bullshit out into public.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
I tend to trust people on forums more than professional reviewers when it comes to most things these days.