Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
that's...the joke, yes? Adam could have just done the normal thing and not tried to talk to a stranger in public transportation but, being Adam, he decided 'ah no this will be a fun chance to talk, perhaps you've heard of the podcast cumtown and chapo trap house?'

It's...it's funny, you see? He could have avoided this absolutely insane thing by just not acting like Adam for five minutes.

Am I being trapped in a joke loop or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

This Is Sus is doing an “adult cartoon about depression”. I think it’ll be NGE but it could be horse show

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
My guess is Midnight Gospel but probably horse show

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

well why not posted:

This Is Sus is doing an “adult cartoon about depression”. I think it’ll be NGE but it could be horse show

Aren't they all about depression these days

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

https://twitter.com/verdazarine/status/1288149138241196035?s=21

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

sexpig by night posted:

that's...the joke, yes? Adam could have just done the normal thing and not tried to talk to a stranger in public transportation but, being Adam, he decided 'ah no this will be a fun chance to talk, perhaps you've heard of the podcast cumtown and chapo trap house?'

It's...it's funny, you see? He could have avoided this absolutely insane thing by just not acting like Adam for five minutes.

That was indeed what I was saying.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Edit: wrong thread, thought I was nojoeing

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.

If it’s Harris, what are the odds that the Dems just won’t hold a primary in 2024? I’m assuming Biden doesn’t run for a 2nd in this case...and that he doesn’t die from old age before Election Day.

Clintons hold tons of purse strings which they can pressure them to back her (Maya Harris connection), incumbent VP, etc.

“We may not BE Jenny from Forrest Gump, but we don’t NEED to run!”

The North Tower fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Jul 29, 2020

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

"Ooh, maybe Kamala would be a good choice, black people are all the rage these days."
"Mm, yes, and cops generate a lot of clicks as well."

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Seams posted:

Aren't they all about depression these days

That's the joke.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

well why not posted:

Found out that Jonny Sun is a writer for that show and had a bit of a chortle to myself in my computer chair recently

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

I think there's probably too much unwarranted bitterness from the chapos towards modern animation culture as like one could easily find toons, either for kids or adults, of considerable viewership, that couldn't be summed up as that. Or that if Felix's view was true, Mike Stoklasa and Rich Evans wouldn't be easily guests on a bunch of modern cartoons, specially with the latter being on a toon that had this ep.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Found out that Jonny Sun is a writer for that show and had a bit of a chortle to myself in my computer chair recently

I vaguely knew about Jonny Sun as the writer of that some lame Reddit style book about aliens. Googling him now I found out that the actual title of that book is: "Everyone's a Aliebn When Ur a Aliebn Too: A Book".

But bees don't wan't to sting you! Unless you're quite close to a hive bees will almost always leave you alone! I assume he was thinking of wasps? Don't they have bees in Canada? The book is apparently 256 pages of this poo poo.

I also found out about his second book!

quote:

Sun's second book, a collaboration with musical playwright and actor Lin-Manuel Miranda, was released in October 2018. The book, called Gmorning, Gnite! Little Pep Talks For Me & You, is a collection of affirmations drawn from Miranda's Twitter feed and illustrated by Sun.

Jesus wept.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Jonny Sun name searches to block people. This is a guy with over half a million followers.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’m expecting Bojack just because if you’re a certain type of man in your 30’s/40’s then everyone you know tried recommending this show to you.

I personally think Bojack is the best show I’ve ever watched, it was funny and earnest and silly and heartbreaking and ultimately demonstrated very real consequences for the series main hero//villain.

I can easily understand hating it or not thinking it was clever, and I don’t really recommend it to anyone because it’s got a lot of extremely triggering, very troublesome content RE sexual assault and violence against women, but it’s an extremely good and well written show and I hope Feelix dunks on it for an hour.

But if it’s not Bojack it’ll be Moral Orel

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
Moral Orel is too dark for Felix.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Moral Orel is pretty drat dark

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

Kunster posted:

I think there's probably too much unwarranted bitterness from the chapos towards modern animation culture as like one could easily find toons, either for kids or adults, of considerable viewership, that couldn't be summed up as that. Or that if Felix's view was true, Mike Stoklasa and Rich Evans wouldn't be easily guests on a bunch of modern cartoons, specially with the latter being on a toon that had this ep.
I'm not too familiar with that many modern cartoons but a large percentage of Red Letter Media's output consist of jokes about how Mike Stoklasa and Rich Evans are depressed and/or drunks.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

As jokes, not as a continuous plot point.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

Jonny Sun name searches to block people. This is a guy with over half a million followers.

yea he blocked me despite never interacting with him, just posting a riff in the replies of a tweet making fun of him

reminder that he's an mit grad student and all the baby talk nonsense he does is just a huge affectation

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Its pretty funny how much Felix hates zoomers

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

JustaDamnFool posted:

Getting repeatedly owned in FPS games by pre-teens will do that to you

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

JustaDamnFool posted:

Call ME a turbohomo, will they

Thompsons
Aug 28, 2008

Ask me about onklunk extraction.

Bust Rodd posted:

But if it’s not Bojack it’ll be Moral Orel

hoping it's Midnight Gospel

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

It's probably either the Netflix cartoon for pedophiles, or the Netflix cartoon by a pedophile.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

little munchkin posted:

yea he blocked me despite never interacting with him, just posting a riff in the replies of a tweet making fun of him

reminder that he's an mit grad student and all the baby talk nonsense he does is just a huge affectation

Yeah I had tweeted something making fun of him untagged and saw I was blocked sometime later. Dave Rubin does the same thing.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

little munchkin posted:

drat for real? i thought he spoke like a baby the way any non-mit grad would do

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

JustaDamnFool posted:

I see that in several ways: as him not wanting to put all of our concerns and ills in recharge of said future generation, hoping that just pinning that on just one age bracket will solve which yes, it's somewhat shortsighted and in a way a sign of giving up on helping those around you,

some level of realization that no, not every zoomer is going to be necessarily progressive or have left values, so there will be also chuddy zoomers. But it's weird seeing him brag about that since and nodding along with one of the Chapos going "Zoomers that did progressive\ left wing stuff are akin to liberian child soldiers" which... Felix has somewhat bragged about being super vocal about being against the 2001 aphgan war on the following days after 9\11 + talked about his work on electoral campaigns on Middle East issues afterwards, at least pre-2010 or so. Given he's <~30, he'd have to be at least 12,13 years old on 2001. Which would have put him around the same age as the kids being derided there.

but also is part of his "Bidenworld is gonna bring 2007 back" stuff. Which I reiterated several times how nearsighted and petty that is.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Kunster posted:

I think there's probably too much unwarranted bitterness from the chapos towards modern animation culture as like one could easily find toons, either for kids or adults, of considerable viewership, that couldn't be summed up as that.

They aren't bitter about modern animation, Felix had a really impassioned bit about how good Evangelion is

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

eva is 25 years old lol

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Cartoons are for children.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Moral Orel is second only to Xavier Renegade Angel when it comes to classic Adult Swim shows

THS
Sep 15, 2017

midnight gospel was cool to watch on mushrooms

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

THS posted:

midnight gospel was cool to watch on mushrooms

Yeah it's a good show, but it gets a lot of hate in this thread because a show about a fuckup trying to start a podcast with money he stole from his sister hits a lil too close to home for many goons.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It’s more that Duncan Trussel is an incredibly boring person to listen to for more than 20 minutes at a time. He speaks in this sleepy vocal fry that is the auditory equivalent of a glass of warm milk. I think he’s very talented and funny and cool but there’s a reason he doesn’t have a solid hour long special, the dude generates negative momentum the longer he talks.

yorkinshire
Apr 28, 2009

In space no one can hear your dope beats.
I couldn't make it through the first ep, Dr. Drew is a bore and the animations being a wholly disconnected thing from the audio was uninteresting.

Edit: I did watch a clip of the ep with his mom and that was worth seeing.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

moral orel is extremely good

but also none of the chapos had the kind of childhood where it would really have the impact that it did with the church kids

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/goretxt/status/1288518792637747208?s=20

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Yeah it's a good show, but it gets a lot of hate in this thread because a show about a fuckup trying to start a podcast with money he stole from his sister hits a lil too close to home for many goons.
ah yes, this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Please change the thread title to Terrorgram Clownworld & Honkpill Nihilism