Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Origami Dali posted:

I now can't see the words "I've been doing some research and..." without a deep sense of dread for what will follow.

I always love the implication, between that and how they are always "free thinkers" and "spiritual" that people who you know, have college degrees, and have actually done academic research are somehow soul-dead automatons just repeating propaganda and somehow can't see the truth. Which granted this slots nicely into the right-wing mantra that getting exposed to actual facts and learning something about history and how to think for yourself is somehow indoctrinating people into liberal values.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

The main question to me still remains the extent to which it is Orchestrated vs Organic.

There are two seemingly irreconcilable facts: how terribly, laughably poo poo it is, and how staggeringly effective it is.

It's possible for something poo poo to accidentally catch on. It's also possible for something orchestrated to deliberately look like poo poo because they knew exactly what they were doing, and how to fit in to that subculture.

It's obviously done a lot organically. That's part of the genius of it. But the question remains whether there is any orchestrated intent behind it, and if so how far up it goes. Is it a junior programmer on the WH communications team? Is it an agency? Is it a full blown deep state thing? It's a lot of work for a troll. It must be exhausting, to carry that collective energy, have so many hundreds of thousands of eyes poring over your every keystroke for the last 2.5 years. But then of course the thrill would be a goldmine.

I was about to give up on the orchestrated part, but then found out they were trying to discredit Snowden too:

https://twitter.com/Suzi3D/status/1000060035140083712?s=20

Which plays into the Gish Gallop of it all, but she's right about how clinical it all is, and that's what's pricked my ears up. It's just so goddamn weird.

edit - it's probably also worth dividing it into its parts: Pre-Covid (which has at least 3 parts of its own), and Post-Covid, with the new influx of spiritual mums etc.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
By the standard set in those tweets, fuckin Deepak Chopra would be an intelligence agency-backed psyop.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Bucky Fullminster posted:

I think I'm going to show her a screen shot of the front page of 8kun
8... kun? Do I even want to know how much worse it is than 8ch???

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

FilthyImp posted:

8... kun? Do I even want to know how much worse it is than 8ch???

I think it's basically the same thing, maybe a bit worse.

This is literally where Q lives.

Like I said a while ago, the tricky part is going to be giving these people (instagram mums) a way out which allows them to save face.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Like I said a while ago, the tricky part is going to be giving these people (instagram mums) a way out which allows them to save face.

My last reaction...what does Sonic have to do with all of this?

My first reaction was, "Holy poo poo that's a prominent n-bomb gateway"

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

its truly weird as gently caress that a bunch of conservative boomers have convinced themselves that god/donald trump speaks to them via a racist pervert website run by a sexpat serial killers* in the phillipines

*the people who own 8chan also own a loving pig farm, there's no money in agriculture over there, you only own a pig farm if you want to use it to dispose of bodies

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Phobophilia posted:

its truly weird as gently caress that a bunch of conservative boomers have convinced themselves that god/donald trump speaks to them via a racist pervert website run by a sexpat serial killers* in the phillipines

It doesn't seem strange at all to me that Trump would say insane poo poo via a racist pervert website run by a sexpat serial killer in the Phillipines, except that's way too much effort. But if someone set up the app on his phone or something sure.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
It is strange because if there's one thing Trump is obsessed with, its biglyness. He ranks everything by how high the ratings are, how many albums have been sold, how many millions and billions of dollars earned, how many points are on the Dow Jones. He wants to appear on Television, on Cable, he wants to see himself on the big screen with a big suit and a big thumbs up. If you are an adult baby diaper enthusiast, then so long as you are relegated to a niche web subculture, then Donald Trump thinks you're a loving loser, no matter how much you love the maga.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Phobophilia posted:

It is strange because if there's one thing Trump is obsessed with, its biglyness. He ranks everything by how high the ratings are, how many albums have been sold, how many millions and billions of dollars earned, how many points are on the Dow Jones. He wants to appear on Television, on Cable, he wants to see himself on the big screen with a big suit and a big thumbs up. If you are an adult baby diaper enthusiast, then so long as you are relegated to a niche web subculture, then Donald Trump thinks you're a loving loser, no matter how much you love the maga.

His entire life and persona have been deception to fool the deep state. Every woman he raped was just establishing cover vs deep state agents.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

ILL Machina posted:

My last reaction...what does Sonic have to do with all of this?

A Sonic forum which invite-only or maybe locked

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

pseudanonymous posted:

I always love the implication, between that and how they are always "free thinkers" and "spiritual" that people who you know, have college degrees, and have actually done academic research are somehow soul-dead automatons just repeating propaganda and somehow can't see the truth. Which granted this slots nicely into the right-wing mantra that getting exposed to actual facts and learning something about history and how to think for yourself is somehow indoctrinating people into liberal values.

That's exactly what Rush Limbaugh and Hannity have been beating into these people for years. "Liberal indoctrination, liberal professors" are repeated daily.

"Don't trust anything but us"

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Well I watched the Out of the Shadows video, which explains a lot of the recent resurgence of the Pizzagate phenomenon. 17 million views in 3 months, and another 5 -10 million on the bootlegs.

Very high production values, compelling editing. Engaging protagonist, a hollywood stunt man, with a plain but captivating speaking style. Mike Smith is his name, who is also listed as the director. There are no credits, and the production company is listed as simply "outofshadows" production. There are no other details on the channel or the website.

Starts with the underlying thesis is that the media has a huge influence on our lives. Spends the first 2/3 talking about documented 'conspiracies', like media consolidation, MK ultra, Michael Aquino, and the Gulf of Tonkin.

Then pivots pretty sharply into Pizzagate for the final third. Still nothing other than the 'code word' idea. The whole thing seems to be literally built on one email which says "get a pizza for an hour", and one that says "the realtor found a handkerchief with a map that seems pizza related". The journalist in question, Liz Crokin, seems sincere. I don't know if she has an agenda or how she got caught up in it.

It did lead me to Marina Abramovic's work, and holy moly that is some intense stuff. If you're not familiar with the world of performance art then it's pretty easy to twist the Spirit Dinners into something sinister, and this movie certainly does that.

Also it's sad that Satanism is still getting such a bad rap.

It's on a completely different level to Fall of the Cabal, which I still haven't finished, and which almost feels cute in comparison. This is studio-level quality.

It's a bit a of a masterpiece really, although I was hoping for a lot more hollywood gossip. Instead it's almost literally just a rehash of pizzagate, with a fancy conspiracy 101 intro.

So, it goes back to intent. There are people who do genuinely believe this stuff of course, millions of them. And maybe Mike Smith is one. And once you believe this stuff, then of course you're going to go on a serious crusade. He's certainly very convincing. Apparently he got put on to it all when he got injured and went to a pelvic floor therapist, who asked if she could pray for him, and then she started telling him about this hosed up satanic stuff going on with the elites torturing children and told him to do some research.

But again, deliberately or otherwise, the whole thing is essentially laying the foundation to discredit the democrats, and set Trump up to be a righteous warrior. Although it makes no mention of Trump, even when talking about Epstien's flight logs, strangely enough.

And if it is deliberate, which surely it must be, that is pretty drat concerning, and means we are fighting a different battle than one against someone stupid enough to genuinely believe this stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MY8Nfzcn1qQ

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

Then pivots pretty sharply into Pizzagate for the final third. Still nothing other than the 'code word' idea. The whole thing seems to be literally built on one email which says "get a pizza for an hour", and one that says "the realtor found a handkerchief with a map that seems pizza related". The journalist in question, Liz Crokin, seems sincere. I don't know if she has an agenda or how she got caught up in it.

Liz Crokin is a Qanon "journalist" true believer who sticks pretty closely to the "original version" of Qanon - the "Trump is a secret super-spy taking down the Cabal via secret indictments" narrative. She tends not to get into the wackier sides of Qanon most of the time, but was one of the first people to popularize the whole "JFK Jr. is alive and fighting the satanic pedophiles in secret" thing.

She seems to like the fame and platform Qanon has given her, but at the end of the day, she appears to actually believe what she says. Being involved in that production is likely her trying to ease viewers into the Grand Conspiracy, rather than a shallow attempt to sell t-shirts and mugs.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Are there any qanon conspiracies that revolve around The Apprentice?

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Are there any qanon conspiracies that revolve around The Apprentice?

There is nothing that could implicate Trump. Imagine if it came out that the Clinton's had a 5% investment in Miss Teen USA or something. I'm sure if you asked one they'd say he bought it to track down pedophiles.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
The whole Q thing is so stupid that I don't believe any sort of nefarious plotters would have sat down and created it from scratch. It's very likely that once it took off, it started being boosted by them though. All of social media is just weaponized stupidity at this point, radicalizing the mushy brain boomers who were primed by decades of right wing propaganda.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
As a casual fan of some of Abramovic's art, it sucks watching her being reduced to this. She did an interview a couple of months ago about how she's afraid she's going to get shot by one of the hordes of people calling her a baby killing witch who've been sending her death threats for the past four years. The comments on her facebook posts are some wild poo poo.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

ponzicar posted:

The whole Q thing is so stupid that I don't believe any sort of nefarious plotters would have sat down and created it from scratch. It's very likely that once it took off, it started being boosted by them though. All of social media is just weaponized stupidity at this point, radicalizing the mushy brain boomers who were primed by decades of right wing propaganda.

Yeah I really think the whole thing started as like a gag or an ARG thing on 4chan and ballooned bigger than whoever started it imagined.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

jojoinnit posted:

There is nothing that could implicate Trump. Imagine if it came out that the Clinton's had a 5% investment in Miss Teen USA or something. I'm sure if you asked one they'd say he bought it to track down pedophiles.

Haha no I mean does q anon say any poo poo like oh look everyone on apprentice is actually being tested to be a deep state counter agent! Or some bullshit

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Haha no I mean does q anon say any poo poo like oh look everyone on apprentice is actually being tested to be a deep state counter agent! Or some bullshit

Searching Q drops for "apprentice" returns zero results.

Not sure if the Qniverse has invented anything on their own, haven't seen anything though.

You'd think that with the 'mockingbird'* stuff (which interestingly, was the first word of Q's first 'post'), that a few years of a hit television show restoring their righteous warrior to a celebrated place in society, there'd be something worth mentioning, but no literally nothing. Looks like Q doesn't want people to look at that show.

* CIA controlling the public through the media

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Q mentions very little specifically. A lot of it is just the fevered speculations of their followers that others build upon. For all the primacy of adrenochrome in their theories, has there been a Q post about it? Someone said "Ooh! Adrenal glands look kind of like walnuts, maybe that's what 'walnut sauce' means!" And it became gospel.

All their weird readings of various media are stuff they came up with on their own too.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Dr Christmas posted:

Q mentions very little specifically. A lot of it is just the fevered speculations of their followers that others build upon. For all the primacy of adrenochrome in their theories, has there been a Q post about it? Someone said "Ooh! Adrenal glands look kind of like walnuts, maybe that's what 'walnut sauce' means!" And it became gospel.

All their weird readings of various media are stuff they came up with on their own too.

As far as I know, all the Pizzagate stuff like "walnut sauce" predates Q by months but inevitably got rolled into the overall conspiracy the way that every other conspiracy has been rolled into it; for as much as the average Q believer has signed onto, Q himself/themselves is mainly restricted to a fairly small sphere of topics

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Dr Christmas posted:

For all the primacy of adrenochrome in their theories, has there been a Q post about it?

Nope. Nor Pizza.

Illuminti
Dec 3, 2005

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

The Chairman posted:

I think that's the primary reason that Qanon's been so enduring: it fits every level of engagement in the belief, from "Trump is doing things in secret to get rid of the bad people in government" to "Trump is liberating the mole children and shutting down the adrenochrome factories" to "Trump is communing with aliens and will bring about the Age of Aquarius" and every other niche belief in between, and all of them coexist fairly peacefully because none of them actually talk to each other, just past each other about themselves and their own beliefs

Every once in a while there’s some belief that is a bridge too far for the community, like baby Q, but they’re only rejected because the other Q interpreters feel their position is being threatened; if it weren’t for them pushing back and calling it a psyop, none of the rank-and-file would be that motivated to reject it

It's unfortunate for them that they have made Trump the core of their belief. They will inevitably lose followers when Trump is booted out of office and becomes little more than a side show laughing stock having achieved none of their aims. Although of course there will be a myriad of explanations and theories as to what the god emperor is doing now he is out of power. Which of course happens to just look exactly the same as doing sweet gently caress all.

Most cults seem far more nebulous in their predictions, which allows them endure for the much longer term. Even end of the world cults have an easier out when the world fails to end, they just read the omens wrong, than Q will have explaining how the democrats beat trump and continue to enact all the things trump was against. Q probably has more in common with Heaven's Gate, hopefully won't end quite so violently.

The Chairman posted:

As far as I know, all the Pizzagate stuff like "walnut sauce" predates Q by months but inevitably got rolled into the overall conspiracy the way that every other conspiracy has been rolled into it; for as much as the average Q believer has signed onto, Q himself/themselves is mainly restricted to a fairly small sphere of topics

Pizzagate predates Q by well over a year. Just checked wikipedia and pizzagate kicked off in March 2016 and Q first post was October 28th 2017.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
QAnon is the latest incarnation of a strain of apocalyptic conspiracy woo that has been in America since longer than there has *been* an America. The Apocalyptic beliefs of the Puritans, particularly as regarded the ideas of a New Canaan, a Church and political world order suborned by Satan, and the imminent final conflict resurfaced in the Satanic Panic and then again now as QAnon. What makes QAnon unique in comparison to these earlier manifestations is that it is also messianic; I don't recall the Satanic Panic or earlier incarnations having a messiah figure the way QAnon has Trump.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Illuminti posted:

It's unfortunate for them that they have made Trump the core of their belief. They will inevitably lose followers when Trump is booted out of office and becomes little more than a side show

Or, they'll see it as the Deep State fighting back against their rightfully elected virtuous warrior, who has already signalled that an election he doesn't win is rigged, either directly though mail in ballots, or indirectly through the media bias, and then they'll head out with their loving assault rifles to murder people

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Illuminti posted:

It's unfortunate for them that they have made Trump the core of their belief. They will inevitably lose followers when Trump is booted out of office and becomes little more than a side show laughing stock having achieved none of their aims. Although of course there will be a myriad of explanations and theories as to what the god emperor is doing now he is out of power. Which of course happens to just look exactly the same as doing sweet gently caress all.

I'm like 99% sure he'll be on OANN with a show right after the election, ranting about how republicans betrayed him and sabotaged his presidency.

Illuminti
Dec 3, 2005

Or, they'll see it as the Deep State fighting back against their rightfully elected virtuous warrior, who has already signalled that an election he doesn't win is rigged, either directly though mail in ballots, or indirectly through the media bias, and then they'll head out with their loving assault rifles to murder people

It will definitely act as a compaction cycle as a certain forums star puts it.

Illuminti
Dec 3, 2005

pseudanonymous posted:

I'm like 99% sure he'll be on OANN with a show right after the election, ranting about how republicans betrayed him and sabotaged his presidency.

You know how when you're working really hard and then your holiday comes up and you immediately get ill? Like your body thinks "ok I can relax now and just fall to pieces". I'm wondering if that happens to Trump first day out of office and his dementia and incontinence just accelerate so quickly that he ends up making GBS threads himself and crying for mother during his first interview on OANN.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Can report I shared the screenshot of the front page of 8kun with my old acquaintance, of course she didn't know what it was, and we seem to at least have a foot in the door:

Hey XX. Hope you're keeping well. I wanted to ask a question, I hope it's ok. What would you think about an internet platform like the one in this picture. Do you know what it is?

I've never seen this kind of platform before.. what is it?
Looks sick as gently caress though by the titles. Yeesh

It's 8chan
You know Q?

Like QAnon? I do know who they are. I dont follow them on Twitter or anything
Is this a channel of theirs?

It's literally where they live
It's where all the Q drops come from

How do you know?
Genuinely curious
Didnt mean that in a snarky way lol

This is where all of the theories about trump being on a crusade to fight pizzagate come from
It's just the facts, you can see for yourself if you follow any of the posts back. It's not a secret or anything
It started in 2017 on a similar board called 4chan, which was awful, but then moved to one called 8chan, which is even worse. It's based out of the phillipenes literally a place for pedophiles and the worst of the web etc
Now it's actually called 8kun
you can look all this up
it's also the place where the mass shooters post their manifestos
the thing is it's all anonymous, that's why it's called QAnon
It's broken out of there now of course, it moved to reddit pretty early, and then it took on a life of its own, with people creating their own channels, but this is, and always has been, the source of it all
You can see it all for yourself here: https://qmap.pub/
if you click the yellow 'sort' button it'll show them from the beginning

How crazy. I will certainly take the time to look through this soon! I'm currently one-eyeing my screen I'm so exhausted.
Thank you for sharing that though I'll check it out asap and get back to you!

No worries, take your time
I believe you’re a good person with a good heart

Thank you - I really appreciate that. And I feel the same about you!
I appreciate you commenting and giving the flip side
You do it extremely respectfully

Hah thanks, I do try

I enjoy learning about it all.
Well, enjoy is the wrong word for the type of poo poo I'm learning about
But you get the idea

child sex trafficking is absolutely real, and it’s horrific, and it’s not what the people on this board care about.
They care about keeping trump in the white house. You can see that pretty clearly, either explicitly in the posts, or just below the surface.
Good people like yourself care about it of course. A mother protecting a child is the most powerful force in the universe.
And that's exactly why they've created this narrative.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://twitter.com/OPPOcast/status/1288078247746367488

I haven't listened to this yet but it's an excellent investigative podcast, I'm sure this episode is no different.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
PBS documentary on conspiracies is on now but it seems mostly focused on Alex Jones.

They interviewed one of the Sandy Hook parents with his body blacked out and different voice. Really chilling.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

:siren: UPDATE :siren:

"There is a lot of sense in what your saying
Why would they want to keep Trump as president though? Like go to that extent?"

He embodies the idea that rich white men should be able to just do whatever they want. Grab ‘em by the pussy, gently caress the environment, gently caress foreigners, cut health care, give money to the military, tax cuts for corporations billionaires, etc.
That appeals to a lot of people.
As for the effort to go that extent, it’s actually pretty cheap for political advertising. The people do the work for you. You find or create a few stories, get them retweeted by the right accounts enough times, use bots if you have to, and it takes on a life of its own.
Have you seen The Great Hack? What Steve Bannon did with Cambridge Analytica feels very familiar to what’s happened here. They use data to weaponise social media.
I don’t think they necessarily invented Q. But they have definitely had a role in shaping and guiding the community that has sprung up around it.

Now, to be fair, she wasn't completely "pilled" on Q. But she was completely sold on Plandemic and Out of Shadows and this whole sex trafficking thing, which is really just the new iteration of the same force. Q and #wherearethechildren are tools of the same goal

Also I did watch the Great Hack again last night. It feels like there is absolutely no way that Bannon et al are not involved in this. Or at least, the people who are involved in this are using the exact same blueprints and strategies that Bannon has done dozens of times, including with the trump campaign. Building the same narrative, creating and disseminating memes in certain groups for digital warfare - they showed us exactly how it was done. They showed us that they can clinically create any kind of campaign, have it catch on in a way that looks organic (because a lot of it will be), and have that influence culture enough to suit their political aims. And again, they didn't have to literally create Q, although hats off to them if they did, it's nice to see a bit of playfulness amongst the evil every now and then. But really, all they have to do is help shape the movement that sprung up around it. They can still create material that then feeds back to Q, who reinforces it, and now here we are 2 years later and 100 days out from an election, with tens of millions of people actually believing that the democrats are literally involved in a massive satanic child sex trafficking operation which is taking 800,000 kids per year. Pizzagate was "Created" (not necessarily invented, but amplified to the point where it became an actual thing) by Russian bots.

And no, it doesn't have to make sense, and there is no accountability. They just have to create enough chaos by sowing the seeds of disinformation to destabilise the very idea of "truth" or "facts", and then they can do whatever they gently caress they want. Kellyanne Conway, (who came from the same time and place as Bannon) has been explicitly doing it since day one.

Even with that aside, every #whereareallthechildren post is one less #blacklivesmatter post. There are only a finite number of seconds to scroll a feed. A finite amount of attention. If they can get people worrying about something other than a failed administration, they get points.

Just because Cambridge Analytica may have been shut down, absolutely does not mean these people are not still doing it. They're not going to say "oh well, that was fun while it lasted, guess we won't do any of that anymore." Bannon literally invented a superweapon and will continue to use it to further his political goals. With a candidate like trump, who even a lot of conservatives reject, they need everything they can get. So now, we are seeing a targeted pivot towards the sex trafficking and spiritual awakening community.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

:siren: UPDATE :siren:

"There is a lot of sense in what your saying
Why would they want to keep Trump as president though? Like go to that extent?"

He embodies the idea that rich white men should be able to just do whatever they want. Grab ‘em by the pussy, gently caress the environment, gently caress foreigners, cut health care, give money to the military, tax cuts for corporations billionaires, etc.
That appeals to a lot of people.
As for the effort to go that extent, it’s actually pretty cheap for political advertising. The people do the work for you. You find or create a few stories, get them retweeted by the right accounts enough times, use bots if you have to, and it takes on a life of its own.
Have you seen The Great Hack? What Steve Bannon did with Cambridge Analytica feels very familiar to what’s happened here. They use data to weaponise social media.
I don’t think they necessarily invented Q. But they have definitely had a role in shaping and guiding the community that has sprung up around it.

Now, to be fair, she wasn't completely "pilled" on Q. But she was completely sold on Plandemic and Out of Shadows and this whole sex trafficking thing, which is really just the new iteration of the same force. Q and #wherearethechildren are tools of the same goal

Also I did watch the Great Hack again last night. It feels like there is absolutely no way that Bannon et al are not involved in this. Or at least, the people who are involved in this are using the exact same blueprints and strategies that Bannon has done dozens of times, including with the trump campaign. Building the same narrative, creating and disseminating memes in certain groups for digital warfare - they showed us exactly how it was done. They showed us that they can clinically create any kind of campaign, have it catch on in a way that looks organic (because a lot of it will be), and have that influence culture enough to suit their political aims. And again, they didn't have to literally create Q, although hats off to them if they did, it's nice to see a bit of playfulness amongst the evil every now and then. But really, all they have to do is help shape the movement that sprung up around it. They can still create material that then feeds back to Q, who reinforces it, and now here we are 2 years later and 100 days out from an election, with tens of millions of people actually believing that the democrats are literally involved in a massive satanic child sex trafficking operation which is taking 800,000 kids per year. Pizzagate was "Created" (not necessarily invented, but amplified to the point where it became an actual thing) by Russian bots.

And no, it doesn't have to make sense, and there is no accountability. They just have to create enough chaos by sowing the seeds of disinformation to destabilise the very idea of "truth" or "facts", and then they can do whatever they gently caress they want. Kellyanne Conway, (who came from the same time and place as Bannon) has been explicitly doing it since day one.

Even with that aside, every #whereareallthechildren post is one less #blacklivesmatter post. There are only a finite number of seconds to scroll a feed. A finite amount of attention. If they can get people worrying about something other than a failed administration, they get points.

Just because Cambridge Analytica may have been shut down, absolutely does not mean these people are not still doing it. They're not going to say "oh well, that was fun while it lasted, guess we won't do any of that anymore." Bannon literally invented a superweapon and will continue to use it to further his political goals. With a candidate like trump, who even a lot of conservatives reject, they need everything they can get. So now, we are seeing a targeted pivot towards the sex trafficking and spiritual awakening community.

Is this any different than the “meme magic” 4chan was crowing about back in 2016 when they thought they willed trump into the presidency? I don’t see how the political landscape would be any different now without pizzagate or qanon—they’re both symptoms of a deeper systemic issue that has republican diehards used to dehumanizing democrats and behaving as if they believe Bill Clinton murdered Vince Foster because they don’t care about anything except winning on the one hand and gullible boomers buying into the satanic panic and ghosts or ufo abduction on the other. I don’t know that Cambridge Analytica itself had much of an effect last time compared to the cultural conditions being perfectly set for someone like trump to win and invalidate a system that everyone had already lost confidence in.

I mean, I guess I’m saying the behavior and desire comes first, and that these people would mostly act the same way and believe the same things without q, just fixating on something else instead.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Can report I shared the screenshot of the front page of 8kun with my old acquaintance, of course she didn't know what it was, and we seem to at least have a foot in the door:

Good for you!

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Is this any different than the “meme magic” 4chan was crowing about back in 2016 when they thought they willed trump into the presidency? I don’t see how the political landscape would be any different now without pizzagate or qanon—they’re both symptoms of a deeper systemic issue that has republican diehards used to dehumanizing democrats and behaving as if they believe Bill Clinton murdered Vince Foster because they don’t care about anything except winning on the one hand and gullible boomers buying into the satanic panic and ghosts or ufo abduction on the other. I don’t know that Cambridge Analytica itself had much of an effect last time compared to the cultural conditions being perfectly set for someone like trump to win and invalidate a system that everyone had already lost confidence in.

I mean, I guess I’m saying the behavior and desire comes first, and that these people would mostly act the same way and believe the same things without q, just fixating on something else instead.

You're right about it being pre-existing, and drawing on decades of dehumanising the democrats, but I think you underestimate the power of CA and the science behind it. They are able to identify that phenomenon, and amplify it to the point where yes, it has an affect it might not have otherwise had. They got enough votes in the right places to win the white house despite loosing the popular vote by 3 million points. There are no real rules, it's survival of the fittest, and these guys just got a fuckload fitter by figuring out how to weaponise this new social media.

These people may be predisposed to act this way and believe these same things, but that just makes them all the more ripe for exploitation.

And they do get new ones. My acquaintance and the spiritual mums would not be telling people to discredit the BLM movement without this interference.

Also, just noticed that the very first Q drops came the day before Mueller filed his first charges against Manafort.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Another Bill posted:

https://twitter.com/OPPOcast/status/1288078247746367488

I haven't listened to this yet but it's an excellent investigative podcast, I'm sure this episode is no different.

Yep this is excellent too, and one of the hosts even gets bonus points for identifying the Star Trek connection to Q at the end

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/JSNTRRLL/status/1288559525260337153?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Holy poo poo I never imagined tapping a misspelled hashtag would reveal the true crazy that's hidden behind the people who can spell:

https://twitter.com/iitsaliien/status/1286065238731825153?s=20

E: remember when Trump was creepy with his daughters and owned Miss Teen USA? No, that's reaching :rolleyes:

https://twitter.com/loyaleo1/status/1287793593944399872?s=20

jojoinnit fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jul 30, 2020