Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
I'm a dummy who probably shouldn't have, but I spent $20 through GMG to pre-order Hellpoint (or Heckspot if you turn on the adult-permissions feature) which the devs have described as Dark Souls meets Dead Space meets Doom meets Any other grimdark games that start with D?

Seriously, though, streamers have shown that it's made a fair amount of progress since the demo The Thespian Feast released and for $20, it looks like it'll be at least as much as fun as Immortal Unchained was, and probably a little moreso (I felt the demo was janky, but not as janky as the finished Immortal was.)

Is anyone else looking to pick it up at launch later this week?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP

StrixNebulosa posted:

I have noticed, and then I felt dumb for not noticing them sooner.

Also you're making me want to do a (terrible) gimmick run of three Soulslingers interrupting everything all the time.

The lack of damage would be rough, for sure!

Minor spoilers for this ~tactics game~, there is a hidden fourth class that wields scythes you unlock during a boss fight, also you are eventually allowed to use more than 3 daughters per synapse.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

For Othercide, how deep is the character customization? Not in terms of like, cosmetics, but in terms of builds, skill loadouts, etc.?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Oh hey Destroy All Humans is out on Steam now, how welld oes that game hold up?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Dual Gear someone tell me that this is good I NEED mecha XCOM to be good. Or whatever it is!!

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

SirSamVimes posted:

Is this the game the gamer chud twitter is laughing about talking about how anti-commie it is while completely misunderstanding the entire problem with the "Red Scare" mentality in America?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

pentyne posted:

Is this the game the gamer chud twitter is laughing about talking about how anti-commie it is while completely misunderstanding the entire problem with the "Red Scare" mentality in America?

Jesus christ what :psyduck:

I was going to say it's the completely middle of the road open world action game that I know I played but couldn't tell you a thing about. It's weird to me that it got the reboot treatment but maybe I'm the weird one here? :shrug:

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

From what I understand the game had a small (albeit loyal) cult following which is probably where the demands for a remaster came from.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Things video games make you say: "can I shoot a baby?"

(god the forest is so good)

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

StrixNebulosa posted:

Things video games make you say: "can I shoot a baby?"

(god the forest is so good)

Well?

srulz
Jun 23, 2013

RIP Duelyst

StrixNebulosa posted:

Dual Gear someone tell me that this is good I NEED mecha XCOM to be good. Or whatever it is!!

There is a demo on that page, unless it's region-specific.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You CAN shoot a baby, but they're really agile so it's better to club them

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
I just got done with my most recent and most favorite session of DemonCrawl.

I got Underwing from a chest and brought it into a Haunted stage.

On turn 40 Underwing spawned Golem Glove in my inventory.

In my infinite wisdom, I used my sundial, thinking it would only flag any monsters it had the potential to reveal.

It revealed them instead. Eight of them.

One that tripled the length of status effects, one that was a bomb that would kill me in 500 turns, a Poison omen that drained a life every 60 turns, one that hid the price of items at stores, and this one that I sold at a Bazaar to see what would happen:

I got an achievement for it.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

StrixNebulosa posted:

Lmao.

The Forest rules.

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender

SirSamVimes posted:

When it was new I thought it was funny for the first couple of hours and then it got really repetitive. I don't know if I'd find it funny any more - it relies on real gross-out humor and cow mutilations and anal probing are both kind of on the eeeeh side of humor.

I don't think it's really worth playing any more.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

pentyne posted:

sure is

https://twitter.com/bambooney/status/1288121482652991490

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

StrixNebulosa posted:

Praying that this is the modern-day equivalent of Front Mission that I always wanted (haven't tried the demo yet)

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

StrixNebulosa posted:

It's more Valkyria Chronicles than XCOM, really.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

StrixNebulosa posted:

Looks almost more like Valkyria Chronicles than XCOM

e: :hfive:

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

FuriousGeorge posted:

Can anyone recommend a good typing game? As in, you can attest to it being enjoyable enough that you wanted to come back to it and you felt it genuinely improved your keyboarding?

Epistory: Typing Chronicles looks neat to me and was thinking of going with that or just Typing of the Dead.

Touch type tale whenever it comes out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7MzdJk6Vgw

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
The mech designs have something very Armored Core to them.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Stokes posted:

one that was a bomb that would kill me in 500 turns, a Poison omen that drained a life every 60 turns

Stokes posted:

One that tripled the length of status effects

Problem solved! :byoscience:

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Cardiovorax posted:

The mech designs have something very Armored Core to them.

It's the blocky chonk look. If you removed the crotch thing and pulled the legs in to make more human hips it looks VERY Armored Core.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
I heard Valkyria Chronicles and came running but those are some raw reviews it's getting.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

VolticSurge posted:

From what I understand the game had a small (albeit loyal) cult following which is probably where the demands for a remaster came from.
I liked it a lot back in the day, I liked DAH2 more (even though from what I understand the original game devs hated it lol)

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I know its probably old news. But I just wanna say Deep Rock Galactic is excellent. I bought it only a few days ago and have already sunk 30 hours into it.

For Rock and Stone! :black101:

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

achillesforever6 posted:

I liked it a lot back in the day, I liked DAH2 more (even though from what I understand the original game devs hated it lol)

Yeah same.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

StrixNebulosa posted:

Yes. Sometimes smooth jazz will also work.
-
Phantasy Star Online 2 on Steam!? Sweeeeet! I can't wait to try it out and uninstall it. I have the terrible dilemma of trying to figure out if I'm trying PSO2, SW:TOR, or FFXIV enhanced trial edition.

Maybe I'll just buy the GW2 expansions and play that instead. I hate you, MMORPG games. Go away or give me a longer lifespan.
-
DRG, I'll always vouch for that one. I've tried both Vermintides, took a look at GTFO (meh), lost my love for Payday 2 years ago, don't want to play L4D 1 or 2 ever again, didn't like Space Hulk: Deathwing, and can't get back into Killing Floor 2.

DRG continues to provide fond memories... of dying. And drinking. And beards.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

There was a time that I was really excited for PSO2 but 7+ years of updates have made it too confusing and noisy for me by the time it finally came to the west. I think I'll just load up Blue Burst and spam the same 3 abilities, thanks.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS
Looking at all the ways to unlock the Valve items made me dizzy, but it's also somewhat late for me.

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

space marine todd posted:

God, as one of those few Wii U owners, I am still mad about how dirty we got done. That said, the Switch is so loving good I can't be extremely mad.

I own a Wii U and my joycons drifted into oblivion after less than a year of use. Go ahead, ask me how I feel about Nintendo now.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Even if it was actually possible to get a Switch anywhere right now, all those complaints I am hearing about the quality of the joycons is really turning me off from considering it. For the price (and that console sure as hell ain't cheap) it seems to be really shoddily made.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
Warning: Drink Spillage Advisory

In the latest Star Citizen news, their community manager finally posted an update regarding two things: 1. a certain video updating us about progress with their singleplayer game Squadron 42 - a video that was scrapped and not a peep came out about it for over 3 months; 2. a roadmap that would better represent progress on Squadron 42 - something they've said they would redesign I think back in February.

The short version is we got an update with a roadmap for a roadmap about updates

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

exquisite tea posted:

There was a time that I was really excited for PSO2 but 7+ years of updates have made it too confusing and noisy for me by the time it finally came to the west. I think I'll just load up Blue Burst and spam the same 3 abilities, thanks.

I feel the same weird way about SWTOR coming to Steam. I played it at launch, got worn out, and then tried it again a year or two ago and the sheer amount of content/feature creep in that timeframe made it just a gigantic mishmash of flashing lights and weird-rear end pop-ups. I couldn't handle starting from scratch with it again in that form and haven't gone back since. :(

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
IIRC, the newer Joycons usually don't have the problem, and Nintendo will fix them for free.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS

Blattdorf posted:

Warning: Drink Spillage Advisory

In the latest Star Citizen news, their community manager finally posted an update regarding two things: 1. a certain video updating us about progress with their singleplayer game Squadron 42 - a video that was scrapped and not a peep came out about it for over 3 months; 2. a roadmap that would better represent progress on Squadron 42 - something they've said they would redesign I think back in February.

The short version is we got an update with a roadmap for a roadmap about updates

Oh brother.

How is it still raising so much money? It's a black hole for wallets. :smith:

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

Jamfrost posted:

Oh brother.

How is it still raising so much money? It's a black hole for wallets. :smith:

We don't have any independent verification that their numbers are real. But yes, this is their best funding year of all time so far, in the midst of a global crisis.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Ghost Leviathan posted:

IIRC, the newer Joycons usually don't have the problem, and Nintendo will fix them for free.

Nintendo's repair service was closed for a long time (due to covid) and it still way behind (I have a ticket in for one). It's a pretty shocking problem from a Nintendo product as usually they make really tough hardware.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Nintendo's repair service was closed for a long time (due to covid) and it still way behind (I have a ticket in for one). It's a pretty shocking problem from a Nintendo product as usually they make really tough hardware.
They used to make really tough hardware, but I don't think this has really been strictly true since at least the days of the original Nintendo DS. Those were a bit notorious for having their shoulder buttons die on people, happened to me as well. They haven't really been making 'big grey brick' Nintendium handhelds in a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anthony Chuzzlewit
Oct 26, 2008

good for healthy

StrixNebulosa posted:

Thread title please.