Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Facebook Aunt posted:

Same. It's also not hot like a mask. I can wear it outside and forget I even have it on until my hand bonks into it because I mindlessly went to scratch my face. You don't even have to take it off to eat or drink.

Face shields own.

if you don't wear a mask with it you're not getting very much protection, the benefit when combined with a mask is that your eyeholes are covered in addition to your mouthhole which is only really important if people are getting right in your face and expelling virus at you

i got some face shields just in case i'm ever in that situation but in general a mask is better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Speaking of Florida, I’m stuck in the Miami area for a week long layover in the aviation industry. I don’t actually have to do anything while I’m here so I had them get me a suite with my own kitchen on the north end of Fort Lauderdale beach.

The A1A and beach have been dead and the few people I see are mostly wearing masks in and out of businesses. People in the sand yesterday were few and far between.

It’s a bit of a relief to see that I can go for a walk and still avoid people.

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking

BlackIronHeart posted:

Hi, it's me, I'm the guy driving in his car alone while wearing a mask. Why am I doing that? Well, I could just hold my mask in my hand, or shove it in my pocket until I get to my destination where it's required, or buy a special mask storage bag or box or something, or toss it somewhere in my car once I get in or... I could just store it on my loving face and not gently caress with it until I get back home. One of these options suits my lazy rear end just fine and it's the one that involves just wearing the loving thing until it's no longer needed.

Just lol if your car doesn't have a BSL-4 grade air purification system, an air lock, and gamma irradiation that activates between trips. If not, you may as well inject coronavirus directly into your lungs.

Also, you should be wearing TWO masks, you simp.

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama

central dogma posted:

Just lol if your car doesn't have a BSL-4 grade air purification system, an air lock, and gamma irradiation that activates between trips. If not, you may as well inject coronavirus directly into your lungs.

Don't wear two masks. The elastic bands will rub up against each other with repeated head movements, causing both masks to fail.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

Mozi posted:

if you don't wear a mask with it you're not getting very much protection, the benefit when combined with a mask is that your eyeholes are covered in addition to your mouthhole which is only really important if people are getting right in your face and expelling virus at you

i got some face shields just in case i'm ever in that situation but in general a mask is better

Anyone should be wearing a mask with their face shield because the bottom is open, so when you breathe, cough, sneeze, etc, particles are easily escaping from the bottom of the shield and it's just as bad for others around you as not wearing anything. The mask is necessary to protect others, the face shield just may also help the user.

So please wear both, if you're using a face shield!

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Shields are good. I wore mine for the first time on a trial run to the gas station I always go to. I know the guy and he is just as cautious as me and I knew he wouldn't judge me. He said it looked cool!

Lotti Fuehrscheim
Jun 13, 2019

Face masks work mostly like amulets.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

ketchup vs catsup posted:

This is me but I also wear latex gloves whenever I’m not at home.

I know surface transmission is unlikely but I’m immunocompromised.

note that wearing the same pair of gloves for an extended period of time is way less sanitary than just washing your bare hands regularly.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Youth Decay posted:

note that wearing the same pair of gloves for an extended period of time is way less sanitary than just washing your bare hands regularly.

It is true. I don't wear gloves. But if you are out all day working or something, better to just wash your gloves instead of your hands to keep them from getting dried out and peeling.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

central dogma posted:

I found the perfect thing for that. Could also make a press transport to cover protests.

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking

madeintaipei posted:

I found the perfect thing for that. Could also make a press transport to cover protests.

Huh, I wonder if they accept cheques.

Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord
It seems like face shields are about as performative as surgical masks in that they help reduce outflow particulate spread but do very little to protect from exposure if you walk into a cloud of roni fumes at the super market

imagine someone with pollen allergies simply wearing a face shield or a fire fighter running into a burning building with one of those Apple face shields

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
I was wearing my full face respirator in Home Depot in Boston a few minutes ago, and some loving' guy ran up to me with a white t-shirt with #plandemic and a bunch of nonsense scribbled on it, telling me how I of all people needed to read his shirt. I told him I was going to give him a free ambulance ride if he didn't get out of my face that second, and to put his loving mask back on (had one around his chin I assume so he could sneak in). Anyway he got the hint and went on to accost other less agitated customers. I don't have time for this poo poo. Go be mentally ill somewhere else.

He also said "Trump 2020 baby" on the way out, like he was checking off a bingo card.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

at my office we have like 10 people who do rock climbing

flash forward to now when we realized we're ripping the carpet up anyway, so why not use climbing chalk on every surface as a temporary transmission buffer

smells a hell of a lot better than isopropyl

edit: with masks of course, so the particulate doesnt get aspirated

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Speaking of smells, I appreciate it existing and I’m going to use it but hand sanitizer made from tequila makes me want to puke when I smell it.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Zero VGS posted:

I was wearing my full face respirator in Home Depot in Boston a few minutes ago, and some loving' guy ran up to me with a white t-shirt with #plandemic and a bunch of nonsense scribbled on it, telling me how I of all people needed to read his shirt. I told him I was going to give him a free ambulance ride if he didn't get out of my face that second, and to put his loving mask back on (had one around his chin I assume so he could sneak in). Anyway he got the hint and went on to accost other less agitated customers. I don't have time for this poo poo. Go be mentally ill somewhere else.

He also said "Trump 2020 baby" on the way out, like he was checking off a bingo card.

Like a month ago I was getting gas at Sheetz and ran in to grab some food. As I'm crossing the parking lot a dude yells "GOD BLESS AMERICA! GOD BLESS AMERICA! GOD BLESS AMERICA!" at me and another person walking into the store. Then he goes "I WILL NOT BE MASKED!" as he hops in his car and drives off. I didn't see any Trump bumper stickers but, let's be honest, we know who he's supporting.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
The people who wave the flag and truly believe they are the most patriotic Americans are absolutely the least patriotic and have no idea what patriotism is.

They confuse patriotism with nationalism.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltmlvk9GAto

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I've seen that video description before but refuse to watch it because I will just go so loving angry.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Face shields are really pointless unless you are wearing one because you have to have close contact with infected people. In which case you would also be wearing a heavy duty mask.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

FlamingLiberal posted:

Face shields are really pointless unless you are wearing one because you have to have close contact with infected people. In which case you would also be wearing a heavy duty mask.

You can't stop me from wearing a face shield on top of a face mask. Keeps both my hands and whatever other flying particulates are heading in my direction from people I've never met before.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Iron Crowned posted:

You can't stop me from wearing a face shield on top of a face mask. Keeps both my hands and whatever other flying particulates are heading in my direction from people I've never met before.

Preach Brother! I wear my Staple KN95's under my shield. It is pointless if you don't do both in the hot zone we live in. The idiots not wearing masks and breathing on you, then you sweat and it gets in your eyes or mouth or nose. So I was wiping my face down with alcohol pads when I got home, but now I won't need to, and yes I am an idiot. Anyway I hosed up today by taking my sunglasses off under the mask and touch my own face. Owe well, 14 days from now I am in the clear.

Also, I have ten shields 2 or 4 or going to others, whether they like it or not. But, what are some cool things to write in sharpie on a few of mine?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Michael Corleone posted:

Also, I have ten shields 2 or 4 or going to others, whether they like it or not. But, what are some cool things to write in sharpie on a few of mine?

"Back up, please"
"Breathing is great!"
"Iron will not iron lung"

edit: peep these cringeworthy "masks are cool!" ads that Arizona paid for after months of "masks are silly"

canyoneer fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jul 29, 2020

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
THIS MUZZLE IS OPPRESSION
THIS MASK IS WORTHLESS

I don't know there were more, but that is some of the FB masks ads I see.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Fuckin' Ohio

https://twitter.com/WLWT/status/1288526973308985344?s=20

quote:

As of Wednesday afternoon, the list includes Alabama, Arizona, Florida, Idaho, Kansas, Mississippi, South Carolina. Nevada, Texas and Georgia were dropped from the list.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

That’s literally a map of all the states with bars open, wtf.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

We close our bars here at 11 PM mister!

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Michael Corleone posted:

We close our bars here at 11 PM mister!

:stare:

What, seriously?

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Zero VGS posted:

well done.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Unless I missed it in the last 24 hours, bars are still open here in Ohio :ssh:

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Schadenboner posted:

What, seriously?

Yeah, we take the virus real seriously around here dontcha know?

Kerosene19
May 7, 2007

Rolo posted:

Speaking of smells, I appreciate it existing and I’m going to use it but hand sanitizer made from tequila makes me want to puke when I smell it.

Dude, this is the truth right here. My wife brought some of that tequila tinged poo poo home when it first came out. It was “leave that poo poo in the garage” bad.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

edit: wrong thread lol

Puppy Galaxy fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jul 29, 2020

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Puppy Galaxy posted:

I have some bad news about the clown forum

That woman has mental problems just FYI

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Schadenboner posted:

What, seriously?

For context: Our governor in South Carolina is a scam artist, slumlord, and chronic political fuckup who owes his job to Trump and therefore does whatever strong daddy asks of him. So he refused to issue stay-at-home orders and threatened to override any mayor who did.

Notably and bizarrely, the only actual action he has taken has been to make bars close at 11, and he has been widely mocked for it.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Who the gently caress is Spineless Dewine and why is he just so stupid. Had an 80 percent plus approval rating into April then caved to a vocal minority and now everyone on both sides hate him. Politics is a dirty game and you can't please everyone, the middle is no mans land. But I will thrive and survive there! Hear it costs way less than I thought to win a ward then my city, and so anyway you wear you face shields.

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

canyoneer posted:

edit: peep these cringeworthy "masks are cool!" ads that Arizona paid for after months of "masks are silly"

Looks poorly photoshopped to me, they couldn't get anyone to actually wear a mask?

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Is Herman Cain still alive?

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I've seen that video description before but refuse to watch it because I will just go so loving angry.

it's actually somewhat funny, and even if you don't watch it, please watch the last 10 seconds of it to have a small happy cry over

Pyromancer posted:

Looks poorly photoshopped to me, they couldn't get anyone to actually wear a mask?

yeah, there would be shadow above the upper rim of the mask if he were wearing it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

e: sorry wrong thread