Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That one panel of her scowling at the Concordance of the Demiurges should tell you exactly what she's actually capable of and how much of what she does in plain sight is an act.

Is it an act, or just the kind of compartmentalisation that a giant wormy hive-mind is very good at? There's nothing stopping her from being both a sincere happy doofus and a sincere bitter, vengeful schemer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Darth Walrus posted:

Is it an act, or just the kind of compartmentalisation that a giant wormy hive-mind is very good at? There's nothing stopping her from being both a sincere happy doofus and a sincere bitter, vengeful schemer.

I think Gog-Agog really wants to be anyone but herself, and her happy goofy face is what she desperately wants to believe she is (note that she says being her is great, but she’s pushing a worm at the time, and she also seems very self-loathing) while really being an extremely upset blob of worms.

Gog-Agog isn’t who she wants to be and it’s eating her (and worlds) up inside.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Gog-Agog is Envy, so you'd think scheming goes along with that.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

My pet theory is that Gogz is secretly allied with Jaggy because that's the cleanest suckerpunch I can picture, but it's just a hunch and I don't care to put forth a supporting argument.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Joe Slowboat posted:

I think Gog-Agog really wants to be anyone but herself, and her happy goofy face is what she desperately wants to believe she is (note that she says being her is great, but she’s pushing a worm at the time, and she also seems very self-loathing) while really being an extremely upset blob of worms.

Gog-Agog isn’t who she wants to be and it’s eating her (and worlds) up inside.

this would also fit with every demiurge's royal syllable being at once a symbol of their strength and their spiritual imprisonment

gog-agog, as bearer of the word BEAST, enjoys advantages in power that not even jagganoth can touch due to her unique physiology, but she wastes her efforts on constantly and futilely attempting to recreate the humanity whose lack makes her invincible

Oxxidation fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jul 27, 2020

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
BORN TO RULE
HEAVEN IS A gently caress
Kill Em All And Topple Their Thrones
I am garbage weeb
777,777 DEAD GODS

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
I feel like Gog is a bit different from the others in that she's not conscious enough to really experience self-loathing, and is just awkwardly trying to have a self at all.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1287883166594871296

Awww, but also Yay!

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
You know we've met the your classic pal, Gog-Agog. Your snarky pal, Gog-Agog. And who can forget your fan favorite pal, Gog-Agog. But you know who we haven't met?

Your adversary, Gog-Agog

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

This is probably the best approach to getting through the next section. It won't leave any time for the momentum to fade away in between updates.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

KSBD is literally the only work where I get more interested when there's a delay, not less.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

wiegieman posted:

KSBD is literally the only work where I get more interested when there's a delay, not less.

Yeah I had to explain that to a friend once and they were extremely confused.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
I'm so angry and happy and excited and its horrible

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Alright, having re-read this entire series because it's been a minute and I kind of got into that webcomic hole where you follow out of inertia but forget poo poo (like that Princess and Nyave are currently having a showdown with the Celestial Guards over busting Zaid out of prison) I got my plot points in order and I think White Chain is going to die. Like no bullshit, whatever the outcome of this is, she dies in the process. And I'm fine with that, it's fitting even if I can't see the outcome of this fight coming.

But I'm also pretty sure when she gets back to the Void she's going to beat the everloving poo poo out of 2 Michael and try to hijack the Thorn Knights or something. Metatron does indeed live but she's managed to change and go toe-to-toe with someone intimidating in the process so why be so scared of your old rear end in a top hat boss who misgenders and undervalues you.

animist
Aug 28, 2018

Darth Walrus posted:

"i contain multitudes" is especially true when you're a million worms in a trenchcoat

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Gog-Agog is just like us except her cells are huge

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

This is going to be loving wild

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

I didn't sign up for a cookie patience test. I want my one cookie now, dammit.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

You are wise. You know that the promise of future cookies are lies told by capitalists.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I mean "next week sometime" is still useful, but I am now terrified.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Oh poo poo!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxzhpEbbnKk

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

I'm all for this decision. Hell yes.

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES
abaddon just drops the comic here completely, never picks it back up again. we all get ultimately trolled and those of us who accept it become royal

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Pyrus Malus posted:

abaddon just drops the comic here completely, never picks it back up again. we all get ultimately trolled and those of us who accept it become royal

"You won't like the ending of this one!"

Narrator: There was no ending.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Oh gently caress this is gonna be so rad

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

YaketySass posted:

I feel like Gog is a bit different from the others in that she's not conscious enough to really experience self-loathing, and is just awkwardly trying to have a self at all.

you tell me a cutie like this can’t experience loathing???

I’m not sure she experiences anything else

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

YaketySass posted:

Why on earth would you underestimate the canniness of a demiurge in this setting?

'Course, I see this same mentality IRL from liberals as they get trounced, over and over, at every level, by people they dismiss as 'dumb fanatics'.

Or perhaps more topically, people who dismiss Paris Hilton and the Kardassians as 'dumb celebs' while those 'dumb celebs' preside over enormous and growing financial empires.

Thesaurasaurus
Feb 15, 2010

"Send in Boxbot!"

Mile'ionaha posted:

Why on earth would you underestimate the canniness of a demiurge in this setting?

'Course, I see this same mentality IRL from liberals as they get trounced, over and over, at every level, by people they dismiss as 'dumb fanatics'.

Or perhaps more topically, people who dismiss Paris Hilton and the Kardassians as 'dumb celebs' while those 'dumb celebs' preside over enormous and growing financial empires.

Aesma teaches us that furious dumbassery trounces education and philosophy every time.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

hi could someone point me toward the first take on this comic that starts by the pool etc? god bless

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

less dumbassery, more focused & intentful brazenness

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Yeah Gog could absolutely not have any greater plans besides capricious desires and wanting to play with opportunities as they arise but that doesn't make her any less of a reality-sundering ageless immortal wizard queen that, in clear defiance of the multiverse, was once a worm in an environment that kills animals because they can't survive it. She could just be purely reactive and while that would make her easier to bait and manipulate and anticipate does not make her any less dangerous because she is still made of god-killing knives. Solomon, I think, has gotten really goddamn complacent with her after thinking he's got her perfectly placated by letting her run the tourney every year, and that's gonna bite him hardcore.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

I agree, though I don’t think she was insincere about her plans with Allison.

Honestly, she might get set off by Solomon actually learning/growing even a little because she definitely doesn’t want to see ‘her’ cool hero give even an inch of respect to the other demiurges.

And then, there’s a bunch of Gog Agog bodies in the stadium to explode in WORMS.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

It's not about intelligence: Operant did describe her as a hivemind whose psyche is too fragmented to use the full potential of her power. She's the most animalistic of the Demiurges, and her backstory implies a struggle with identity done through endless and unconscious imitations. But thank you for reducing my comment to "dumb broads, amirite?"

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Oh gently caress this is gonna be nuts

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

At this point I'm hoping for absolutely no Gog because every single idea in this thread so far has been super lazy "AND THEN WORMS" level poo poo, and its tiresome.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

The ending we hate is Gog pulling off her big reveal only for Solomon to have it revealed he already has it under control and Gog just slumps over disappointed.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

I mean I think some AND THEN WORMS is inevitable in the sense that Universal War is going to reignite and I think the “Gog has already wormed everyone” take is pretty uninteresting, but getting to see why Gog is called the World Eater would be a nice scene. It would also play well into the idea that Solomon David hasn’t won, even if he can drive Gog Agog back - the universal war isn’t over and it never has been.

I’d also be up for no Gog events but we do need some degree of Gog Agog denouement after that face in that panel; she’s clearly not stable enough to value the detente in the Universal War with Solomon smugging it up right there.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

I think Solomon being cut just once will be enough to set Gog off. If she thinks he's not invincible, well, maybe it's time to get some respect around here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Joe Slowboat posted:

I agree, though I don’t think she was insincere about her plans with Allison.

Honestly, she might get set off by Solomon actually learning/growing even a little because she definitely doesn’t want to see ‘her’ cool hero give even an inch of respect to the other demiurges.

And then, there’s a bunch of Gog Agog bodies in the stadium to explode in WORMS.
Yeah I think her being up front about "wanna just eat a me oh no well okay wanna rig this tournament if you enter it cuz I think you're cool and marketable" was absolutely just her being honest and just going for it.