Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Omu + Savage Roar + Survival of the Fittest is going to be so nasty

e: lmao neutral 5 mana 3/7 whenever your opponent casts a spell summon a 2/2 taunt

Scrub-Niggurath fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jul 29, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Omu + Savage Roar + Survival of the Fittest is going to be so nasty

e: lmao neutral 5 mana 3/7 whenever your opponent casts a spell summon a 2/2 taunt
Troggzor returns

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

No Wave posted:

Troggzor returns

It'll piss off spell druid, that's for sure

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

WHY do they keep giving Kripp reveal streams?

Kibler and Allie are much more ~bubbly~ and enthusiastic. Someone must really have a fetish for flat-affect delivery and 'surprise' that only causes his voice to rise a quarter-octave.

Agreed, for this first time since... whenever I started playing or they started doing reveal streams, I didn't watch. Not because the set doesn't look interesting (it's super exciting looking) but I wanted to wait and read them later instead of watch Kripp.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I think Kripp does a fine job and they are probably really comfortable with working with him, but it would be great to see them boost some of the smaller streamer personalities or even some of their GM players. There are dozens of cool people who they could get that aren't just swapping back and forth between Kripp or Kibler, especially doing this remotely.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

I stopped watching Kripp when he went all in on battlegrounds, which my interest in cratered since they started charging 20 bucks.

I miss arena kripp.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
Kripp and Kibler are the only two streamers who really fit in with the vibe of the reveal streams, can instantly talk about possibilities of a card immediately after seeing it, and can be counted on to be professional. I guess Trump could fit the bill, but he is barely a streamer these days, let alone a Hearthstone streamer. Allie is fine, but she can't just go off on a tangent theorycrafting.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
They could try going with the Zalae/Firebat crowd, but I bet they are reluctant since those guys are still actively playing on the competitive scene.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

TyrantWD posted:

Kripp and Kibler are the only two streamers who really fit in with the vibe of the reveal streams, can instantly talk about possibilities of a card immediately after seeing it, and can be counted on to be professional. I guess Trump could fit the bill, but he is barely a streamer these days, let alone a Hearthstone streamer. Allie is fine, but she can't just go off on a tangent theorycrafting.

Trump got a card reveal and had an entertaining video analyzing it. He should absolutely be on the same level of consideration as Kripp. His brand of enthusiastic cringe is way more appropriate for an hour+ long hype stream.

But I suppose he's too busy focusing on re-election.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Man, remember when Hearthstone had Day9 and Disguised Toast and other charismatic people streaming and being available for promotional stuff.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Disguised Toast was always a terrible streamer.

His videos however, were good.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

gandlethorpe posted:

Trump got a card reveal and had an entertaining video analyzing it. He should absolutely be on the same level of consideration as Kripp. His brand of enthusiastic cringe is way more appropriate for an hour+ long hype stream.

But I suppose he's too busy focusing on re-election.

idk if youve seen trump live but he’s honestly one of the most boring and low energy people to watch and it’s a miracle that his video editor manages to make him so watchable

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Fenarisk posted:

I miss arena kripp.

"THIS IS SUCH BULLSHIT. EVERY loving TIME. loving RNG, MAN. If I can't get twelve wins every time I'm gonna take my salt ball and go home!"

(goes to play a game that's completely RNG-based)

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Since they had to do this all remote anyway, I think they dropped the ball by not showcasing their GMs a little. Why not have a show match using some Blizz created decks between, for example, Thijs and Firebat? Have them talk up the cards while they're playing. Kripp bores me.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

BIG HEADLINE posted:

"THIS IS SUCH BULLSHIT. EVERY loving TIME. loving RNG, MAN. If I can't get twelve wins every time I'm gonna take my salt ball and go home!"

(goes to play a game that's completely RNG-based)
"well that's life when you go second" *exhales sharply*

NorgLyle posted:

Man, remember when Hearthstone had Day9 and Disguised Toast and other charismatic people streaming and being available for promotional stuff.
There are many great, recognizable choices who aren't loving Kripp! Alliestrasza, Amaz, Ant, Apxvoid, Asmodai, and we haven't even gotten to the other letters.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

So when's the absolute last day to pre-order for the bonuses, Monday? I'm waiting until the last minute since I've managed to accrue ~$27 in Google privacy-invasion rewards and I might as well put it toward the big pack.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

Gobbeldygook posted:

There are many great, recognizable choices who aren't loving Kripp! Alliestrasza, Amaz, Ant, Apxvoid, Asmodai, and we haven't even gotten to the other letters.

Well, Kripp probably has more viewers than all of those combined...

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006
What has happened to this game? I've been playing for two hours using net decks and I can't win a single game mid bronze.

Rhaegar fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jul 29, 2020

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

orangelex44 posted:

Well, Kripp probably has more viewers than all of those combined...
and Silvername has more than him, so I guess that means Silvername should do the next card reveal.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Gobbeldygook posted:

and Silvername has more than him, so I guess that means Silvername should do the next card reveal.

Что????

CYKA BLYAT!!!!

Subtitles: "What? Oh darn."

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Rhaegar posted:

What has happened to this game? I've been playing for two hours using net decks and I can't win a single game mid bronze.

This is impossible to answer with such a vague question. What deck are you playing? What decks are your opponent's playing?

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006

RatHat posted:

This is impossible to answer with such a vague question. What deck are you playing? What decks are your opponent's playing?

I have been playing murloc paladin, true paladin and tempo demon hunter. Went up against a mix of top decks. Maybe I just had a bad run.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

TyrantWD posted:

Only Kripp an Kibler is a bit of a stretch. Off the top of my head Regis Kilbin and Dekkster would be so much better than Kripp. Trump would be a disaster.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
This expansion is probably the nail in the coffin for the Arena. Still waiting to see what their Phase 2 'New Game Mode' will be, and if it can be a worthwhile replacement.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Actually I think I would prefer that Hobbs guy who just slams Cho into every deck imaginable he's adorable.

Amaz, thijs, etc are insufferable. Regis and Dekkster are okay but they never seem to actually create the decks or see potential on their own like Kibler and Kripp do.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

idk if youve seen trump live but he’s honestly one of the most boring and low energy people to watch and it’s a miracle that his video editor manages to make him so watchable

I have, and he is. But he's much better when interacting with another person, and you can count on him to give his opinion on every card's value. Even if that evaluation is completely off.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Anyway, holy poo poo the synergy with the DH/H legendary and weapon.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
I love Dane's videos but he'd probably just zero in on one card and spend the whole reveal stream talking about Rogue or Druid combos.

I also really like Chump but if you think Kripp is low energy he'd probably put you in a coma.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I think Twilight Runner is one of the most broken cards in this expansion.

A 5/4 stealth beast, which is already almost playable by itself, with an almost guaranteed 2 draw? Crazy, especially in arena.

Speaking of draw Cram Session is really good too but it requires a specific type of deck

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
I feel like there's even more card generation in this set than the last, where they admitted maybe there was too much.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

victorious posted:

I love Dane's videos but he'd probably just zero in on one card and spend the whole reveal stream talking about Rogue or Druid combos.

I think Dane will have a lot of fun with this expansion - he doesn't only do rogue and druid combos.

The problem is there is a lot of anti-combo stuff being added that might throw a wrench into things.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

This does feel like The Trolden Expansion.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

It's good that they're a bit faster about balance changes nowadays because they're going to need to be

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Gobbeldygook posted:

"well that's life when you go second" *exhales sharply*

I doubt we'll be seeing Amaz in anything official for anyone for a very long time (if ever).

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug

NorgLyle posted:

I doubt we'll be seeing Amaz in anything official for anyone for a very long time (if ever).

Oh is he a sex creep now? I've been out of the HS loop for a while

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Mr Beens posted:

Only Kripp an Kibler is a bit of a stretch. Off the top of my head Regis Kilbin and Dekkster would be so much better than Kripp. Trump would be a disaster.

It would have been pretty unfortunate timing if they had Regis on lol

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Chin Strap posted:

Oh is he a sex creep now? I've been out of the HS loop for a while

Team Archon(which Amaz co-owns) had some allegations about events they ran I think. He's done some shady stuff in the past too(notably why he's called Scamaz).

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Hmm which internet meme should go here again?
I thought the most recent thing was MTG banning him from events for trying to fight someone, and then still sending him a reveal card because lol $$$

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Meatbag Esq. posted:

I thought the most recent thing was MTG banning him from events for trying to fight someone, and then still sending him a reveal card because lol $$$

Yeah supposedly he pushed a judge or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

I think I said one not-even-very-negative thing on Toast's channel once and earned a lifetime chat ban. He evidently will shitcan anyone who deigns to say anything other than glowing praise or nonsense in his chat.