Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Twitter videos suddenly open the browser for me too for some reason. First instinct is to blame Twitter for it, though. Videos in Awful always start muted too, and if a video is quoted it messes up swiping completely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Always blame Twitter. They were messing about with it yet again recently.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

pokeyman posted:

I did change some logic around there so I'm sure I broke something, but I'm not sure what. Do either of you have "Mark posts on pages I've already seen in a different color" set to "no" in User Control Panel -> Edit Options?

+1 to marking that option “no” fixing things.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

JUST MAKING CHILI posted:

+1 to marking that option “no” fixing things.

I marked it yes on my iPhone and it fixed the problem happening.

If it helps to know, the problem never occurs on my iPad, regardless of the setting.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

fartknocker posted:

A weird just started happened after downloading the latest version of the app (Awful 4.6 according to the settings page): When I click on a thread that has new posts, it’s opening at the top of the page where I left off, rather than right at the new posts.

For what it’s worth, it’s occurring both from the forum view and bookmarks page. I’ve gone through about 15-20 threads and it’s happened for all of them. Current iOS 13.6, iPhone 8.

EDIT: And after making this post, it also went back to the top of the page.

This is entirely my fuckup, and I'm 99% certain it's not the first time I've hosed it up. Fixed update is awaiting review.

Warbird posted:

What would be the feasibility of implementing webm support to the app? I occasionally see them posted and iirc VLC is one of the few apps on my phone that can process them. I’ve always found that a bit surprising as I’ve understood the format to be fairly popular. Is there something I might be missing as to why it doesn’t appear to have wider support?

Subjunctive is right on the money, I'll just chime in to add that I have no plans to do anything beyond whatever gets added to the web view and other system bits in iOS.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

pokeyman posted:

Subjunctive is right on the money, I'll just chime in to add that I have no plans to do anything beyond whatever gets added to the web view and other system bits in iOS.

No worries, just curious what was going on with that business.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
i get this issue constantly after updating to latest app version

fartknocker posted:

A weird just started happened after downloading the latest version of the app (Awful 4.6 according to the settings page): When I click on a thread that has new posts, it’s opening at the top of the page where I left off, rather than right at the new posts.

For what it’s worth, it’s occurring both from the forum view and bookmarks page. I’ve gone through about 15-20 threads and it’s happened for all of them. Current iOS 13.6, iPhone 8.

EDIT: And after making this post, it also went back to the top of the page.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Crime on a Dime posted:

i get this issue constantly after updating to latest app version

Fix is waiting for review, per the following post by Pokeyman.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

All day, every time I click on a thread with a new post, it doesn't open up to the new post, it opens to the top of the page with said post. Anyone else been having this problem?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

pokeyman posted:

I did change some logic around there so I'm sure I broke something, but I'm not sure what. Do either of you have "Mark posts on pages I've already seen in a different color" set to "no" in User Control Panel -> Edit Options?

Click there and setting the option to "yes" fixed it for me and a few others in the thread for now

Nigel Tufnel
Jan 4, 2005
You can't really dust for vomit.

NienNunb posted:

All day, every time I click on a thread with a new post, it doesn't open up to the new post, it opens to the top of the page with said post. Anyone else been having this problem?

Me too. Started happening today as far as I can tell.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
The bug appears to have made it so that people can’t see all the posts on this page that explain it and how to fix it

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I didn't even know I still had so much latent trauma from AOLers on Usenet

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Data Graham posted:

I didn't even know I still had so much latent trauma from AOLers on Usenet

+1

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Keith Atherton posted:

The bug appears to have made it so that people can’t see all the posts on this page that explain it and how to fix it

Now that's a proper challenge for pokeyman

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

pokeyman posted:

This is entirely my fuckup, and I'm 99% certain it's not the first time I've hosed it up. Fixed update is awaiting review.

Thanks! You are doing amazing work.

blaise rascal
May 16, 2012

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
Hello all. I want to express my sincere thanks for making such an awesome app!!!! If you all ever start accepting donations, I’d be happy to toss a bit of cash your way.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Recently I’ve started having an issue where when I load a thread, it doesn’t scroll to my last read post, but instead the top of the last read page - anyone else encounter this and have a fix?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

causticBeet posted:

Recently I’ve started having an issue where when I load a thread, it doesn’t scroll to my last read post, but instead the top of the last read page - anyone else encounter this and have a fix?

Keith Atherton posted:

Unmature
May 9, 2008
When I open this thread I just keep seeing the same post over and over. Anyone else having this issue?

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

Unmature posted:

When I open this thread I just keep seeing the same post over and over. Anyone else having this issue?

Yes, the go to first unread post isn’t working for me either.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Ditto, been this way since the last update as far as I can tell

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I just got Poed I think.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Guys I've been having this problem where when I open a thread in the app it takes me to the top of the page instead of the first unread post.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Shear Modulus posted:

Guys I've been having this problem where when I open a thread in the app it takes me to the top of the page instead of the first unread post.

Me too

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Shear Modulus posted:

I also am experiencing this issue.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Shear Modulus posted:

Me too until just now.

Now it’s back to normal. Weird

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Came to post about how the Awful App is putting me at the top of each page instead of my last read post, stayed for the hall of mirrors of posts about how the Awful App is putting me at the top of each page instead of my last read post.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

i just can’t figure out whether the app is putting people at the top of the page instead of the last unread post. Is there anyone at all who can tell me whether or not the awful app is putting people at the top of the page instead of the last unread post?

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

carry on then posted:

i just can’t figure out whether the app is putting people at the top of the page instead of the last unread post. Is there anyone at all who can tell me whether or not the awful app is putting people at the top of the page instead of the last unread post?

Maybe

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Thank you

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Yeah I keep being set at the top of each page in the thread.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

littering and
littering and

rubber cat
Jul 1, 2002
I would like to request the FYAD stylesheet be applied to forumid 26 since it is open for the time being (it is currently applied to forumid 666, the defunct replacement FYAD)

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Housh posted:

Yeah I keep being set at the top of each page in the thread.

Yeah new design is alright but this and also the the way it shades read posts only at the bottom isn’t as useful.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

Yeah new design is alright but this and also the the way it shades read posts only at the bottom isn’t as useful.

The new stylesheet's been there for over a year, did you just update?

Brexit the Frog
Aug 22, 2013

ty for fixing the unread-posts thing so quickly !

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Not a big issue but if you tap “Your Posts” in a thread you have not posted in you get an error message

Hopefully just a matter of having a message box pop up saying “You have no posts in this thread” instead

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

rubber cat posted:

I would like to request the FYAD stylesheet be applied to forumid 26 since it is open for the time being (it is currently applied to forumid 666, the defunct replacement FYAD)

:worship:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
Not an app issue cause it's happening on the website too but this thread is stuck on one unread post for me. Will posting fix it?…

Edit: it will and that post suddenly became visible ^