Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Ticket 1: I wouldn't!

I have two sets already, and I plan to paint them up with a black undercoat, leadbelcher damp-brush, a sloppy coat of Skeleton Horde Contrast, then a dry brush of silver highlights.

Then just pick out the details with flat black, and white -> fluorescent green. Maybe try the new green technical?

For bases, I'm using a mixture of drywall chunks and wood putty filler for a damaged urban effect.

The base gets a black undercoat, then dark grey drybrush, Reikland Flesh wash, light grey drybrush, and then bone highlights.

I'm also using a secret weapon of finely smashed CD case to reflect like broken glass, along with some other more conventional debris.

Ticket 2: This is why I wouldn't paint the ones I'm entering for. My tabletop friend Phil is a great guy, and before COVID, we all had a weekly Sunday RPG sitdown session that really just put a nice cap on the week.

Anyway one time I got him to come out to the paint night at our local shop. It was really fun but ended up being a one-time thing because of life circumstances. He was working on Necrons, and his scheme had this fantastic Mexican pottery look - it evoked ceramics, Day of the Dead decorations, and 50s scifi. It was creative as hell, fun, and somehow creepy and wholesome.

Mostly though I appreciated that he broke a tight routine to have social fun on a Thursday.

And that's why I'm hoping to win and hand these over to him. Plus he'll do better stuff with the figures than my boring-rear end default scheme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

Replied to this in your PMs. Thank you for the opportunity!

Edit: holy hell I'm stupid. I misread the first part of that that said Necron half. Either way, the message stands. I've never given much thought as to how I'd paint necrons, but I think a scheme like this would be cool as gently caress to have:

moths posted:

Ticket 1: I wouldn't!

I have two sets already, and I plan to paint them up with a black undercoat, leadbelcher damp-brush, a sloppy coat of Skeleton Horde Contrast, then a dry brush of silver highlights.

Then just pick out the details with flat black, and white -> fluorescent green. Maybe try the new green technical?

For bases, I'm using a mixture of drywall chunks and wood putty filler for a damaged urban effect.

The base gets a black undercoat, then dark grey drybrush, Reikland Flesh wash, light grey drybrush, and then bone highlights.

I'm also using a secret weapon of finely smashed CD case to reflect like broken glass, along with some other more conventional debris.

Ticket 2: This is why I wouldn't paint the ones I'm entering for. My tabletop friend Phil is a great guy, and before COVID, we all had a weekly Sunday RPG sitdown session that really just put a nice cap on the week.

Anyway one time I got him to come out to the paint night at our local shop. It was really fun but ended up being a one-time thing because of life circumstances. He was working on Necrons, and his scheme had this fantastic Mexican pottery look - it evoked ceramics, Day of the Dead decorations, and 50s scifi. It was creative as hell, fun, and somehow creepy and wholesome.

Mostly though I appreciated that he broke a tight routine to have social fun on a Thursday.

And that's why I'm hoping to win and hand these over to him. Plus he'll do better stuff with the figures than my boring-rear end default scheme.

added both!

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

Replied to this in your PMs. Thank you for the opportunity!

Edit: holy hell I'm stupid. I misread the first part of that that said Necron half. Either way, the message stands. I've never given much thought as to how I'd paint necrons, but I think a scheme like this would be cool as gently caress to have:

This would look sick as hell in any color other than red because it looks like they're branded for Gamers

Also it looks super easy to do of just BLACK then put white on the recesses and kinda fill it in lightly with a glaze/wash then do a little OSL if you're feeling fancy.

Edit, I would do like a toxic green or a really electric blue for it but that's what I like

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Spanish Manlove posted:

This would look sick as hell in any color other than red because it looks like they're branded for Gamers

Also it looks super easy to do of just BLACK then put white on the recesses and kinda fill it in lightly with a glaze/wash then do a little OSL if you're feeling fancy.

You could do it quite effectively with the new glow technical I imagine

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Spanish Manlove posted:

Right?! I have that new green technical paint I'm just itching to use, and I'm not a great painter anyways, so I feel like I could pull this off.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Clawtopsy posted:

If you want to win the Necron Half of Indomitus mailed to your doorstep, along with some other minor goodies, I will be doing a raffle on Friday, 7th of August. You can have two raffle tickets - Here's how you get them.

Ticket 1: Tell me how you would paint your acquisition. I'm not expecting huge detail, here. I just like to get inspired by hearing about painting!

Ticket 2: Tell me about a really positive experience you had once with a hobby pal. Doesn't have to be long. This could be "We would always get together to play a game and end up drinking too much and watching Terminator 2 for some reason" or "I was really inspired with how great an opponent he was here's how".

Ticket 1: I would probably do them up all bright gold with dark-washed recesses, with blue/green energy effects. Kind of Thousand Sonsy, in a way that evokes Egyptian imagery, probably with desert and ruins bases. I like warm paintjobs, and stuff that deviates from official color schemes; my Slaanesh daemons all have bubblegum pink flesh instead of porcelain white. Double-bonus that Indomitus comes with the scorpion crew.

Ticket 2: My current relationship is the first poly one I've ever been in. It wasn't a thing I was looking for or planned on, or something I expected, but a married woman and I fell in love and were determined not to be lovely people about it and things happen. Anyway, the hobby has been a fantastic bonding experience for all three of us. He and I connected talking about dumb Warhams and stuff as an icebreaker, and now about once a month we get together to model and paint. We're playing Underworlds because of it, now; she wanted to paint a monster guy and grabbed the troll, and he and I wanted the two halves of the Beastgrave starter, so we've all walked into a new game together.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Clawtopsy posted:

You could do it quite effectively with the new glow technical I imagine

Yeah!

I do it with the glaze paints or nihilakh oxide because that's what I have. It's super easy and I'm really proud of the results. I just learned that they discontinued the glaze line but yeah I'm pretty sure you can get super similar results by thinning contrast paint with water or acrylic medium, then putting in a tiny bit into a white painted recess so the capillary action keeps most of the paint in the corner and a little layer stretched over the middle

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Spanish Manlove posted:

The gamer color theme/quote reminds me of this :

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

That hurt to read

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Sab669 posted:

That hurt to read

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Goons, tracking terrain rules in 9th sucks so I made some things.

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

When life throws lemons at you, nuke the fucker!

TKIY posted:

These are cool. I was planning something similar to place near a feature because screw trying to remember all that jazz.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
Played my first game of 9th today, and I must say the new terrain rules are really exciting and feels so mich better than in 8th. The objectives and progressive scoring is also really cool, since my regular group of players never really got into ITC.

How I would paint the necrons: I just bought an airbrush, so I would probably use them for a bit of practice, but my old models are painted Leadbelcher>Nuln Oil>Leadbelcher>Vallejo Chrome with green glowy bits.

Feelgood story: 4 years ago I moved to Sweden to live with my now wife, and since it's hard to get new friends as an adult I decided to try out 40k. We've moved back to Norway now, but I keep getting amazed by how many nice people the hobby has introduced me to.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

No. 1 Apartheid Fan posted:

Ticket 1: I would probably do them up all bright gold with dark-washed recesses, with blue/green energy effects. Kind of Thousand Sonsy, in a way that evokes Egyptian imagery, probably with desert and ruins bases. I like warm paintjobs, and stuff that deviates from official color schemes; my Slaanesh daemons all have bubblegum pink flesh instead of porcelain white. Double-bonus that Indomitus comes with the scorpion crew.

Ticket 2: My current relationship is the first poly one I've ever been in. It wasn't a thing I was looking for or planned on, or something I expected, but a married woman and I fell in love and were determined not to be lovely people about it and things happen. Anyway, the hobby has been a fantastic bonding experience for all three of us. He and I connected talking about dumb Warhams and stuff as an icebreaker, and now about once a month we get together to model and paint. We're playing Underworlds because of it, now; she wanted to paint a monster guy and grabbed the troll, and he and I wanted the two halves of the Beastgrave starter, so we've all walked into a new game together.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA posted:

Played my first game of 9th today, and I must say the new terrain rules are really exciting and feels so mich better than in 8th. The objectives and progressive scoring is also really cool, since my regular group of players never really got into ITC.

How I would paint the necrons: I just bought an airbrush, so I would probably use them for a bit of practice, but my old models are painted Leadbelcher>Nuln Oil>Leadbelcher>Vallejo Chrome with green glowy bits.

Feelgood story: 4 years ago I moved to Sweden to live with my now wife, and since it's hard to get new friends as an adult I decided to try out 40k. We've moved back to Norway now, but I keep getting amazed by how many nice people the hobby has introduced me to.

updated!

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Spiv posted:

These are cool. I was planning something similar to place near a feature because screw trying to remember all that jazz.

Happy to part you from your money on my Etsy store. Capitalism!

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

IncredibleIgloo posted:

The gamer color theme/quote reminds me of this :

Looking for something a little more skin unfriendly, thanks

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

TKIY posted:

For what it's worth, I just wanted to say I've ordered from this guy and he's great, and his stuff is great. Support your friendly neighborhood goon.

Alokgen
Aug 14, 2005

Are you saying I'm a sinner?

TKIY posted:

These are cool and good, but disappointed the terrain rules are so complex they're required.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Alokgen posted:

These are cool and good, but disappointed the terrain rules are so complex they're required.

I mean you’re not wrong but I’m p sure most people are just gonna have multiple instances of the same 2 or so terrain types on the board unless they’re crazy

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Back again with necron test schemes painted onto horrible 3d printed models. I decided to give that simple but good jet black plus glow effect scheme a try:

For the amount of effort that went into these I'm pretty happy with the outcome. If I were to move ahead with one of these I'd break out the airbrush to make the glows a bit better, but one of these is my front runner option for right now, just not sure which color glow I prefer.

And here's the slightly higher effort scheme:

I took the advice I received before on the sandstone look and decided to ditch the texture paint and add another color to break it up. I think the grey may be too warm though, so if I were to move forward with this one I'd probably switch to a blue gray instead.

Any feedback would be appreciated, and keep in mind these are very quick paint jobs on very shite models. I expect the real thing to be much better, but just trying to pick a proof of concept scheme.

Mikey Purp fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jul 30, 2020

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Mikey Purp posted:

Back again with necron test schemes painted onto horrible 3d printed models. I decided to give that simple but good jet black plus glow effect scheme a try:

For the amount of effort that went into these I'm pretty happy with the outcome. If I were to move ahead with one of these I'd break out the airbrush to make the glows a bit better, but one of these is my front runner option for right now, just not sure which color glow I prefer.

And here's the slightly higher effort scheme:

I took the advice I received before on the sandstone look and decided to ditch the texture paint and add another color to break it up. I think the grey may be too warm though, so if I were to move forward with this one I'd probably switch to a blue gray instead.

Any feedback would be appreciated, and keep in mind these are very quick paint jobs on very shite models. I expect the real thing to be much better, but just trying to pick a proof of concept scheme.

The top one has the purple really pop, and it looks really nice too. It would go well with terrain or vehicles that accentuate the purple as well. A bonus to that would be that purple terrain (at least like void crystals or weird energy poo poo) being purple wouldn't be out of the place and could be used without the army too. I like the color of the Necron in the bottom one, but that somewhat mutes the cool pattern work you are doing with the colors. I like the middle one, the color is really nice and I like it the most actually, but it seems maybe a little less menacing than the purple, and I think Necrons seem to fit the part better if they are more menacing.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Alokgen posted:

I'm pretty sure once the edition has been out for more than a few weeks people will figure them out fine.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Very sorry about your friend Clawtopsy, it's a nice thing you're doing and I hope whoever ends up with them crushes imperium skulls under their robot feet.

Ticket 1
I'd paint them like clay golems with the holy fire showing between the cracks. Would have to experiment with the cracking earth paints on the bigger flat sections.

I swear I saw someone do this once but I haven't been able to find the image again on google, but that's where the idea came from.

Ticket 2
My friend who got me into the hobby gave me an unopened start collecting box he'd bought after catching me picking it up to look at each time I went over. Not only that he gave me a ton of basic painting lessons and shared all his paints and equipment as I'd never painted a thing in my life. He'd also frequently ask my advice on different shades of greens, reds and browns on his own stuff which I took for learning experiences about complementary colours, but it was also a good way to gain confidence about that sort of thing. It wasn't until we were making a board that I discovered it's because he's red/green colorblind and couldn't tell the difference between the various shades of earth tone I was um-ing and ah-ing about. Well played.

EdBlackadder
Apr 8, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Werix posted:

Yeah, I just had my first experiments in magnetizing a hellbrute and a daemon prince. The hellbrute went great. The daemon prince I messed up and didnt drill deep enough, but I think I can position the pauldron at the right angle that shoulder joint will be mostly hidden.

Similarly I magnetised a Hellbrute and it was really pretty straightforward. Didn't bother with the Demon Prince, gambled that I'd want wings and talons forever.

I did magnetise the heave weapons on some Scarab Occult Terminators. I had to use a bit of liquid green stuff withe the Soulreaper Cannon to stop it dropping but the rest Inc the missile rack are ok. Well you can see the magnets on the missile terminator of you're close enough but from arm's length it's absolutely fine.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
Hi clawtopsy, sorry about your loss.
Here is my painting scheme.
1: I recently painted the original Necron warrior that I got from white dwarf when I was .. 15? He looks ok in metal , red, black and gold with a highlighted green gun. Pretty boring scheme but he is resin so maybe not so much experimenting. He can be included in the army with a backstory that he was the one who woke the others.
2: I used to play wh40k but it was around 15 years ago. Recently I moved to Switzerland about 5 months ago with my wife and I was thinking it would be a nice way to get in to the community if I started again. About 2 months ago I got some terrible news that my dad was dying and I moved temporarily back to Belgium to support my mom caring for my dad. We had him at their place during pallative care and as a distraction I started to repaint my old minis that I found there. He died after about 1,5 months in our care. I have painted around 1500 points of battle sister's by now. He has now passed and in September I am going back to my wife after assisting my mom with all the things that needs to be done for the house ect. My wife loves boardgames and I would play against her and I would also expand the army to play in the local scene in Basel once the plague is over.

MRLOLAST fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Jul 30, 2020

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Clawtopsy posted:

I don't mind who enters provided they want the models :shrug:

ok well then!

Ticket 1: Tell me how you would paint your acquisition. I was looking at Goonhammer for ideas and I saw these Raven Guard by Serotonin so I thought to myself I need to work with that awesome dark blue. My idea is to take that recipe, cut back on the grey a little bit and make it darker than colour my Indomitus box Necrons in a WOTLK Scourge inspired scheme. Turqoise accents and Pale bone trim with light blue for eyes and weapons.

Ticket 2: Tell me about a really positive experience you had once with a hobby pal. A long time ago I bought a Tamiya remote control car kit that I assembled with help from my dad and cousin. I got a Lotus Elise cover for it and spray painted it light blue because it was my favourite car and colour scheme ever. I took it out to a parking lot and raced it around a bit, belching smoke everywhere because I couldn't get my fuel-air ratio right in my engine and at some point I lost control I and smacked it into my cousin's car which didn't harm his but cracked one of the control arms which is basically a total loss and that was that. Had fun though!

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
I'm not going to enter the raffle as I have way too much of a backlog and I've seen how much it costs to ship stuff to the UK from the US, buts its a cool thing you're doing.

I bought my girlfriend some assault intercessors off ebay after trying to play 40K with her last weekend and realising she had 2 HQ, 3 Elites and no Troops.

Then I found out that RAW space wolves can't actually take assault intercessors, despite it being a paint scheme GW promoted in their marketing material.

Honestly, the 9th rule seem great, the battle reports I've watched with them seem good. Almost every other aspect of launching 9th edition seems to have been a failure.

The entire book is leaked online early. Indomitus promised enough for everyone, sells out, silence for days, and then made to order. An app that does nothing but you asked people to pay you £5 a month for it anyway. The points seem totally out of whack. The FAQs supposedly bringing everything in line for 9th have pretty massive errors for several armies.

I guess the positive way to view this is that the rules are the bedrock and by far the hardest thing to change once it's out there, and the rest of it is easily ignored or updated. There should be some people panicking a bit at the HQ, unless they are too busy having money fights or something.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Kitchner posted:

Then I found out that RAW space wolves can't actually take assault intercessors, despite it being a paint scheme GW promoted in their marketing material.

They can now at least.
https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/WwmEkmb1MyUp2pPp.pdf

No idea why that wasn't included from the start. v:v:v Feels like they really don't want to be stuck with the old perpetuated system of some chapters having their own codex since they keep forgetting them and having to FAQ them in later.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Say what you will about the channel / their battle reports, but I thought this video by MWG Studio regarding the new Terrain rules to be pretty helpful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQicw5AB9iQ

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Sorry if this is a stupid question but the 8E/9E overlap is confusing to me, a completely new player.

How much of the 8E codex books are still valid in 9E? I’m building a blood angels army from scratch; is there any value in my buying the existing SM/BA books, and the Blood of Baal PA?

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013

jesus WEP posted:

Sorry if this is a stupid question but the 8E/9E overlap is confusing to me, a completely new player.

How much of the 8E codex books are still valid in 9E? I’m building a blood angels army from scratch; is there any value in my buying the existing SM/BA books, and the Blood of Baal PA?

Well the new marine book has the BA in it, and that is coming out in October so I cannot recommend buying the old books at the moment. If the app were a bit better I would say use that, but otherwise I guess you can use one of the many varieties of not really legitimate rules sources out there.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

jesus WEP posted:

The books you mentioned are still current (with the exception of the point values and whatever else has been FAQd), but unless you're a collector/completionist, I'd say you're better off waiting for the new Space Marines codex to be released in October (and your BA supplement which will presumably be released sometime soon after that). If all you plan to do is play casually a couple of times until then, you should easily be able to make do with Battlescribe and Wahapedia for now.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
How does BA play so different from other SM, I know they get +1 to wound and can charge longer. But except from the Death Company, special caracthers, Baal predator, librarian dreadnoughts and sanguinary guard you could just play a normal intercessor SM army in BA colours. Does BA get their own book even later or will they be covered in codex SM in October? I don't know what special strats they have but I guess that could be found out online.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

MRLOLAST posted:

Hi clawtopsy, sorry about your loss.
Here is my painting scheme.
1: I recently painted the original Necron warrior that I got from white dwarf when I was .. 15? He looks ok in metal , red, black and gold with a highlighted green gun. Pretty boring scheme but he is resin so maybe not so much experimenting. He can be included in the army with a backstory that he was the one who woke the others.
2: I used to play wh40k but it was around 15 years ago. Recently I moved to Switzerland about 5 months ago with my wife and I was thinking it would be a nice way to get in to the community if I started again. About 2 months ago I got some terrible news that my dad was dying and I moved temporarily back to Belgium to support my mom caring for my dad. We had him at their place during pallative care and as a distraction I started to repaint my old minis that I found there. He died after about 1,5 months in our care. I have painted around 1500 points of battle sister's by now. He has now passed and in September I am going back to my wife after assisting my mom with all the things that needs to be done for the house ect. My wife loves boardgames and I would play against her and I would also expand the army to play in the local scene in Basel once the plague is over.

Lizard Combatant posted:

Very sorry about your friend Clawtopsy, it's a nice thing you're doing and I hope whoever ends up with them crushes imperium skulls under their robot feet.

Ticket 1
I'd paint them like clay golems with the holy fire showing between the cracks. Would have to experiment with the cracking earth paints on the bigger flat sections.

I swear I saw someone do this once but I haven't been able to find the image again on google, but that's where the idea came from.

Ticket 2
My friend who got me into the hobby gave me an unopened start collecting box he'd bought after catching me picking it up to look at each time I went over. Not only that he gave me a ton of basic painting lessons and shared all his paints and equipment as I'd never painted a thing in my life. He'd also frequently ask my advice on different shades of greens, reds and browns on his own stuff which I took for learning experiences about complementary colours, but it was also a good way to gain confidence about that sort of thing. It wasn't until we were making a board that I discovered it's because he's red/green colorblind and couldn't tell the difference between the various shades of earth tone I was um-ing and ah-ing about. Well played.

Eej posted:

ok well then!

Ticket 1: Tell me how you would paint your acquisition. I was looking at Goonhammer for ideas and I saw these Raven Guard by Serotonin so I thought to myself I need to work with that awesome dark blue. My idea is to take that recipe, cut back on the grey a little bit and make it darker than colour my Indomitus box Necrons in a WOTLK Scourge inspired scheme. Turqoise accents and Pale bone trim with light blue for eyes and weapons.

Ticket 2: Tell me about a really positive experience you had once with a hobby pal. A long time ago I bought a Tamiya remote control car kit that I assembled with help from my dad and cousin. I got a Lotus Elise cover for it and spray painted it light blue because it was my favourite car and colour scheme ever. I took it out to a parking lot and raced it around a bit, belching smoke everywhere because I couldn't get my fuel-air ratio right in my engine and at some point I lost control I and smacked it into my cousin's car which didn't harm his but cracked one of the control arms which is basically a total loss and that was that. Had fun though!

thanks all! i've updated the wheel! your stories have all been kicking rear end. at the end of the day, this hobby is made to be played with someone else, and everything else is insignificant - balance, painting, lore, stats - none of it means a goddamn if the person across the table isn't someone you can smile with

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Blood Angels are getting a new codex (shortly?) after the new marine codex which comes out in October iirc. Dark and blood Angels are getting new books but the chapters that recently got books arent getting new ones I don't think, at least not right now.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
If they ever release space wolves specific primaris units I'm hosed. Goodbye money. Marines forever.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

JBP posted:

If they ever release space wolves specific primaris units I'm hosed. Goodbye money. Marines forever.

Haven't you gotten the memo? GW hates Space Wolves players and is thus currently squatting the faction :psyduck:. Honestly, I'm used to online whining, but are the communities for other (marine) factions this bad? Of course they are.

Anyway, I'm 100% certain we'll be seeing chapter-specific models in a few years, once the Primaris line is fully fleshed out and old marines only exist on paper (and countless attics). GW needs to sell things.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Yeah there will 100% be chapter specific in 10th or some other move forward

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
The raffle idea is really great. I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I came to post more compaints about the app, because I actually cannot get over how much of a scam it is, but my bitterness has just melted away. Good luck everyone in the raffle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Sab669 posted:

Say what you will about the channel / their battle reports, but I thought this video by MWG Studio regarding the new Terrain rules to be pretty helpful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQicw5AB9iQ

Do people dislike mini war gaming? I really enjoy their battle reports