Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

mobby_6kl posted:

This clip/joke was in last week's "Last Week Tonight". It's still funny but kind of a dick move on that guy's part.
Yes won't someone please think of the LA megaproduction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

Rasmus
Jul 13, 2016

I wish I was brian Blessed
Inquiring minds need to know.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Hmmmm........

............no. No they are not shoes.

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

As you put it on, your shoe becomes a sandwich. You are foreverially delitized.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

For skeletons maybe.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Skeletons don't have soles.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
"Our Feet, Shoes!"

The horror film you didn't know you needed. Your shoes are alive and they want. Your. Feet.

Directed by Quinton Tarantino

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Xlorp posted:

As you put it on, your shoe becomes a sandwich. You are foreverially delitized.

The foot was already a sandwich. Gettin real fuckin sick of people telling me my business :mad:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

The foot was already a sandwich. Gettin real fuckin sick of people telling me my business :mad:

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

I had that in tape, along with nazi fighting daffy duck and a hen singing "I'm coming, im comin"

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

a hen singing "I'm coming, im comin"

I think I saw that in the deviant art thread

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

I had that in tape, along with nazi fighting daffy duck and a hen singing "I'm coming, im comin"

I too had the VHS of the, like, 6 Looney Tunes cartoons that Warner Brothers let fall into public domain. With one of them being supremely racist.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/YNAIykG.mp4
Sound most definitely on

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

i dont need sound to recognize a masterpiece

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

shoes made from the skin of cattle rustler and murderer George "Big Nose" Parrott AKA Big Beak Parrot AKA George Warden (1834-1881)

are these feet?

not my place to judge

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
aka "Tater Salad"

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

FreudianSlippers posted:

shoes made from the skin of cattle rustler and murderer George "Big Nose" Parrott AKA Big Beak Parrot AKA George Warden (1834-1881)

are these feet?

not my place to judge
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his skin. :colbert:

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

My city :(

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

FreudianSlippers posted:

are these feet?

not my place to judge

Shoes? Could have been worse. Could have been made into a coin purse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KftTPaKjL_4

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
that video has a fun story behind it too.

quote:

This highly over the top commercial was originally produced as a joke in 1990 for a faux award show put on be the Advertising Association of Baltimore called The Ad Follies. The AAB searched for agencies willing to produce ad spoofs mocking the top agencies in the city despite the impending threat that people working on these spoofs may place their jobs in jeopardy for doing so. The production was conducted at television studio WBFF and all of the footage originates from car manufacturer promotional videos and generic stock footage. The writer and narrator of the copy are still both unknown.

The video was never intended to be shown outside of The Ad Follies show because of the vulgarity and the possibilities of being viewed by the mocked. Copies were only distributed to people who worked on production and to WBFF employees following the screening.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I always just think of the Gravity Falls version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpDTwxCu2nw

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

:shrug:

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

waht
the gently caress

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Nuts and Gum posted:

waht
the gently caress

I assume the scene had him running out into the street without shoes, which would gently caress up his feet if they weren't covered. Touching up feetshoes is probably easier than changing actual shoes to feet in post-production.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

mind the walrus posted:

Yes won't someone please think of the LA megaproduction

It's ok to steal stuff if it's from a big company.

I'm not being sarcastic it really is.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nuts and Gum posted:

waht
the gently caress

Chris Evans as Bandobras "Bullroarer" Took, who was big enough to ride an entire horse, and invented the game of golf when he clubbed the head of a goblin clean off and it went sailing into a hole

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Nuts and Gum posted:

waht
the gently caress

It's a sex thing.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Phy posted:

Chris Evans as Bandobras "Bullroarer" Took, who was big enough to ride an entire horse, and invented the game of golf when he clubbed the head of a goblin clean off and it went sailing into a hole

Look at this whacky fan-fic penned by *checks notes* John Ronald Reuel Tolkien

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Phy posted:

First day front row shut up and take my money

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Phy posted:

What does this even mean?! The entire horse???

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

jojoinnit posted:

Not, like, a quarter horse.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

jojoinnit posted:

As in not a pony. He's a hobbit.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Tolkien's kicking himself from beyond the grave for not using that wording

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

FreudianSlippers posted:

are these feet?

not my place to judge

America, the country of "Ed Gein is evil he used skin to make things in his home" and also "we skin criminals for shoes" and see no hint of irony.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Paladinus posted:

As in not a pony. He's a hobbit.

Thank you! From the goblin/golf description I pictured someone huge.

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

America, the country of "Ed Gein is evil he used skin to make things in his home" and also "we skin criminals for shoes" and see no hint of irony.

I feel this wasn't exactly common but if you have a store nearby selling handcrafted death row inmate skin shirts feel free to disregard this.

Um, heres a kinda funny pic:

Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon

jjack229
Feb 14, 2008
Articulate your needs. I'm here to listen.

jojoinnit posted:

Um, heres a kinda funny pic:

I understand the left-right split, but the top-bottom seems arbitrary. They could swap them and I don't feel like it would change anything.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Top left could definitely work for bottom left but not so much vice versa. Same with the other side

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

jjack229 posted:

I understand the left-right split, but the top-bottom seems arbitrary. They could swap them and I don't feel like it would change anything.

I think if could *kinda* work if the left side was swapped top-down. But barely. He was no leftist in any sense of that word.

e: beaten. parks thing could work as a "statist" action / consolidation vs the monopoly breakdown