Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

Coredump posted:

Your picture reminds me. Garmin being down almost a full week now is really putting a hamper on my life. If I can't record my rides and make numbers go up why bother?!

Garmin devices should all work offline, and you can plug them in via USB and upload the .fit files to Strava directly.

That's how we had to do it back in the old days before auto-sync all the time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

a foolish pianist posted:

That trail is mostly up and down - there aren't really many flat spots. Here's the elevation from my ride from Rockdale Community Park to the Monastery to Panola mountain and back, about 1500 feet of climbing over about 18 miles:

The stretches immediately around South Rockdale Community Park and toward the monastery aren't too terrible, since they're mostly along the river, but you'll definitely be on some hills.

I just did monastery to Panola the other day, and yeah it's very hilly. It was nice though. Hardly anyone was out.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Coredump posted:

Your picture reminds me. Garmin being down almost a full week now is really putting a hamper on my life. If I can't record my rides and make numbers go up why bother?!

It’s been pretty much back up for a couple days?

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I just did monastery to Panola the other day, and yeah it's very hilly. It was nice though. Hardly anyone was out.

The trail is super nice. I attached a gopro to my bars the last time I rode it and got this hyperlapse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peqleClF3tM

EDIT: Also, ATL people are just coming out of the woodwork here. This is cool.

a foolish pianist fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jul 29, 2020

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

It’s been pretty much back up for a couple days?

My Garmin connect app on my phone still says it’s under going maintenance and when I try to log my weight it freaks out. :(

TobinHatesYou
Aug 14, 2007

wacky cycling inflatable
tube man

Bud Manstrong posted:

For road wheels. Santa Cruz, We Are One, and Nobl offer similar policies for mountain rims. Ibis has a seven-year warranty for rims damaged during riding. I went through the process with Reynolds, and it was easy. I wouldn’t buy carbon wheels without a similar policy.

ENVE's damage replacement is "no questions asked." Santa Cruz / Reserve only cover riding damage, with an unspecified discount for non-warranty replacements. Nobl and We Are One cover non-riding damage at 50% off.

TobinHatesYou fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jul 29, 2020

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
this certainly was a thing today :thunk:

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

e.pilot posted:

Oblivious or just an rear end in a top hat?

This one was oblivious and extremely apologetic.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

e.pilot posted:

Life would be so easy if I had no shame like this guy

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
on my ride today i heard a long PANG from the rear and on a steep climb my rear wheel basically came to a halt. thing is bent to hell. 9 miles back with rhythmic braking lmao

anyway i ordered some fulcrum 5s since the rs wheels my bike came with are lovely, hyped to swap em

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

nm posted:

EPO.

I'm pretty sure you can get away with a 22 tooth front difference and at least a 34. Assuming you have the GS, you have 41 teeth of stated capacity. I'd have no worries about 45.
Shimano claims a 20T on the FD, but I bet it can pull an extra 2 teeth. Small chain rings are cheap and because they don't need any ramping you can buy the cheapest poo poo to see if it works.
You want to set up the chain to be long enough to be find for big-big. You may get some issues at small-small, particularly if you run a 36, but simple solution is never run small-small.

I got the very slightest hits of issues on my 52-42-22 setup on small-small, though that could be b-screwed away with some sacrifice in RD precision. Easier to just never go small-small.

I don't know the indexing on front tiagra 10 speed, but if it works with 5700/6700 10 speed shimano fronts (it won't work with 10 speed shimano rear), a FD-6703 would make sure it works and they're cheap as hell on ebay.

Yeah I think I'm overthinking it. The easiest would be to go to a GRX 10 speed crank at 46/30 and that's going to need a GRX front derailleur, but its compatible with everything else that I already have. That would put me in at about $200 ish for new parts.

Failing that, I can go up to a 11-36 on my cassette with my current rear derailleur, or illegally up to a 11-42 with a GRX rear.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

EvilJoven posted:

Lmao, is that the Omand's park trail behind the cemetary?

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Yep. When they first started digging that up for the new bike path someone mistook the construction access for a new exit.

EvilJoven fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jul 30, 2020

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

EvilJoven posted:

I mean I could see that happening with everything covered in snow, there’s at least some plausible deniability there.

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

Life would be so easy if I had no shame like this guy

I can’t even imagine how liberating that kind of freedom must be.

He was also driving like a total bitch around anything remotely curvy, I managed to catch up and pass him at one point. I flipped him off the second time he passed me, that’ll show him. :colbert:

Steve French
Sep 8, 2003

Coredump posted:

My Garmin connect app on my phone still says it’s under going maintenance and when I try to log my weight it freaks out. :(

iOS? I think there's an issue that you can resolve by reauthorizing or something

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Thanks, y’all. I’ll wait a bit before I try Arabia/Panola and will try Alpharetta or Silver Comet first. I live on the beltline so I have a decent place to ride but the only time it isn’t super crowded is the middle of the day when it’s too hot and humid to exist. The unpaved part is less crowded but there’s a bridge out near Grant Park that’s messing it up for the next month.

DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

Today through some truck electrical system misadventures I found that single use Gojo wipe packets are a thing. Now that I am finally prepared for fixing a broken chain without getting entirely gunked up I look forward to never breaking a chain ever again.

bicievino
Feb 5, 2015

DeesGrandpa posted:

Today through some truck electrical system misadventures I found that single use Gojo wipe packets are a thing. Now that I am finally prepared for fixing a broken chain without getting entirely gunked up I look forward to never breaking a chain ever again.

a couple latex gloves in the saddlebag are hella clutch

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

I'm taking the inner ring off of a triple for devious reasons. If the crank normally requires a 113mm spindle and the inner ring is 10mm in from the middle... what BB spindle length should I try?

Havana Affair
Apr 6, 2009
Going by chainline the middle ring of a standard road triple should move 4mm in to match a road double inner. 107mm bb would put it 3mm in and assuming jis taper the common next shorter is 103mm which is probably too short.

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle

e.pilot posted:

Grab that wheel! One of the best things about cycling in china is that when you get tired there is always a granny lady on a electric scooter you can draft behind at 35kph all the way home. (Or a psychotic/methed up delivery tutuk driver at 50kph if you feel frisky).

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
https://www.diamondback.com/road-bikes/endurance-bikes/century-6c-carbon-d42

Anyone know if something comparable to this is in stock anywhere? Its the right price point for me and I haven't seen much else that's full carbon with ultegra parts and hydraulic disc brakes for a similar price. Looking for my beginner to amateur upgrade basically.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Benson Cunningham posted:

Anyone know if something comparable to this is in stock anywhere? Its the right price point for me and I haven't seen much else that's full carbon with ultegra parts and hydraulic disc brakes for a similar price. Looking for my beginner to amateur upgrade basically.

What size?

https://www.canyon.com/en-us/road-bikes/endurance-bikes/endurace/endurace-cf-sl-disc-8.0/2185.html?dwvar_2185_pv_rahmenfarbe=BK%2FGY

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm

Not that it helps you when they are out of stock but if you're looking at Diamondbacks, the corporate discount brings that bike down to $2,750.

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Havana Affair posted:

Going by chainline the middle ring of a standard road triple should move 4mm in to match a road double inner. 107mm bb would put it 3mm in and assuming jis taper the common next shorter is 103mm which is probably too short.
Thanks.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

I'm a large on the canyon and it looks like they have some red in stock. I'm going to read the specs over and over for hours and then panic/ruminate on it for another few hours and then maybe buy it.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Am I dumb for liking the Evil Chamois Hagar? It seems cool. https://www.evil-bikes.com/a/bikes/chamois-hagar

I'm a large on the canyon and it looks like they have some red in stock. I'm going to read the specs over and over for hours and then panic/ruminate on it for another few hours and then maybe buy it.

Ayyy, my man. I do this too lol.

Steve French posted:

iOS? I think there's an issue that you can resolve by reauthorizing or something

I reinstalled the app and no dice, still same issue. :(

Coredump fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jul 30, 2020

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007
I can do twice the work in half the time

TobinHatesYou posted:

ENVE's damage replacement is "no questions asked." Santa Cruz / Reserve only cover riding damage, with an unspecified discount for non-warranty replacements. Nobl and We Are One cover non-riding damage at 50% off.

Giant has a nice no question asked while riding policy on any of their carbon bits, including frame fork, rims, bars and stem.

There are a few conditions. Item has to be less than 2 years old, model year 2019 or newer, original buyer from an authorized retailer and you need the receipt.

I unfortunately put this to the test when I ran into a fixed object at 10mph on my Propel. (I swear it was not there, it must have dropped out of the sky) The process is taking a while because of the Rona, but a new frame and fork are on their way.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

These are "local dealer checks" but you might get lucky with a $3k bike versus everyone buying out the sub-$1500 ones.

https://www.fujibikes.com/usa/bikes/road/endurance/gran-fondo/gran-fondo-1-3

https://masibikes.com/collections/performance-road/products/vivo-rs-2019?variant=13099170463833 (also the Evoluzione if you want a racier geometry)

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Feels Villeneuve posted:

These are "local dealer checks" but you might get lucky with a $3k bike versus everyone buying out the sub-$1500 ones.

https://www.fujibikes.com/usa/bikes/road/endurance/gran-fondo/gran-fondo-1-3

https://masibikes.com/collections/performance-road/products/vivo-rs-2019?variant=13099170463833 (also the Evoluzione if you want a racier geometry)

That Fuji looks sick. Will look into these both too!

Most local stores carry only cheaper bikes or specialized unfortunately.

becoming
Aug 25, 2004

spf3million posted:

Not that it helps you when they are out of stock but if you're looking at Diamondbacks, the corporate discount brings that bike down to $2,750.

I didn't know that this was a thing. I'm sure my smaller company has nothing set up with Diamondback, but what a cool feature for those that do. I picked up a Diamondback Insight STI-8 a few years back on deep clearance from REI and it's been a fun knockaround bike/way to learn the Nexus IGH. I like that bike a lot.

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm

becoming posted:

I didn't know that this was a thing. I'm sure my smaller company has nothing set up with Diamondback, but what a cool feature for those that do. I picked up a Diamondback Insight STI-8 a few years back on deep clearance from REI and it's been a fun knockaround bike/way to learn the Nexus IGH. I like that bike a lot.
When I bought my diamondback 2 years ago it was easy to find a corporate code online and signup as a new corporate account. No actual corporate affiliation needed! Raleigh is owned by the same parent company so the corporate discount applies there too.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Coredump posted:

Am I dumb for liking the Evil Chamois Hagar? It seems cool. https://www.evil-bikes.com/a/bikes/chamois-hagar

From what I recall of the reviews people are kinda perplexed as to its purpose...like it's slack AF and you'd think it's made to be a "gravel bike" to handle ridiculous poo poo but it's also apparently stiff as all get out so you've geo for handling rough stuff but frame compliance that doesn't lend itself to that.

All being said I think reviewers basically said "if you want to use it the very specific way it's designed then it rips"

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

The endurace is a nice bike

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

So this happened.

I got M540s to replace them.

Crumps Brother
Sep 5, 2007

-G-
Get Equipped with
Ground Game
Looks like Fooker brand pedals to me.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Riding the bountain mike today.

First time in like a year.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
Rode 3 miles with my pup. She's little so that's about as far as I can push her. :3:

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Rode 3 miles with my pup. She's little so that's about as far as I can push her. :3:

If she's still small enough to fit in a bike basket we need that picture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Cannon_Fodder posted:

This is just meant to be informative, but having puppies run on concrete/asphalt a lot before their bones develop can lead to problems later on. Just something to look into if you meant pup in the puppy sense and it's something you plan to do a lot.