Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Arili
Oct 7, 2010

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Lmaaaao

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Why is he going to airbrush the cow

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

JBP posted:

Why is he going to airbrush the cow

Don’t worry, horus heresy lives on a farm with square bases and mordheim now.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Warmaster and Mordheim arguably did better on community life support than under their tenure at GW.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

moths posted:

Warmaster and Mordheim arguably did better on community life support than under their tenure at GW.

The horror that the 30k community has come with already are enough.

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Did they already sunset that not-Rhino they put out for the Militia/Solar Aux in like 2019?

Never even got 40k rules, neither. The Carnodon did.

E: Aurox?

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

tallkidwithglasses posted:

Don’t worry, horus heresy lives on a farm with square bases and mordheim now.

:unsmith: I want to go there...

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Don't forget Inquisitor!

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

GreenMarine posted:

Don't forget Inquisitor!

Why not, everyone else sure did?

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Inquisitor was bad, sorry

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

2121 Roadmap: 30k is back now it's for Inquisitor.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Inquisitor was bad, sorry

As a game? Yeah probably. As a source of heroic statuary for 40k? Maybe not so much.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Congrats to the dark angels on their new codex and Holguin, the friendly character who just wants to be alive all battle and never die.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Farith Redloss

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

🎵 She said she want some Corswain, some Farith Redloss
A little The Lion will definitely set this party off right 🎶

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

tallkidwithglasses posted:

Congrats to the dark angels on their new codex and Holguin, the friendly character who just wants to be alive all battle and never die.

Inb4 NO ETERNAL WARRIOR whining

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009
Book 9 is real and my friend.

edit:

ivy
Apr 4, 2009

You want to know my take on the title of the album? Billy and Jimmy always have this bad pun game, is what I call it. It's the bad pun game getting out of control. Embarrassing. Not the name. The name's not really embarrassing. Just the game.
Pillbug
I'm starting out with 30K (just in time for it to be cattle pistoled to death if the thread is any indication) and have a rules question. The Ironwing Protocol rite of war for Dark Angels says that "Infantry must begin the game deployed in a transport with enough space to carry them".

I'd like to take some Assault Squads; if I Deep Strike them, does that avoid the need for them to be in a transport for the purposes of that rule?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

ivy posted:

I'm starting out with 30K (just in time for it to be cattle pistoled to death if the thread is any indication) and have a rules question. The Ironwing Protocol rite of war for Dark Angels says that "Infantry must begin the game deployed in a transport with enough space to carry them".

I'd like to take some Assault Squads; if I Deep Strike them, does that avoid the need for them to be in a transport for the purposes of that rule?

I'd say it does not avoid having to purchase a transport. There is a similar RoW that states "all infantry that start on the table must be in a transport" iirc and that lets you wiggle out of it. What you've posted seems way more ironclad.

It's also worth noting that book 9 with new Dark Angel rules is on pre-order next month so I'd avoid any big decisions about Dark Angels purchases and organisation for a few weeks.

ivy
Apr 4, 2009

You want to know my take on the title of the album? Billy and Jimmy always have this bad pun game, is what I call it. It's the bad pun game getting out of control. Embarrassing. Not the name. The name's not really embarrassing. Just the game.
Pillbug
Thanks TTerible!

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

ivy posted:

Thanks TTerible!

Your first mistake

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
:evilbuddy:

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
This cow looks delicious

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Ghazk posted:

This cow looks delicious

the edges aren't even metal plated, FW quality really going downhill

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

TTerrible posted:

I'd avoid any big decisions about Dark Angels purchases and organisation for a few weeks.

The character that uses the praetor model is sick nasty so you should buy him.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
Im thinking about expanding my 40k custodes to 30k - what do I pick up from forge world? Are sisters of silence/valdor/dick bikes worth it?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
30k is less competitive than 40k, but custodes are one of the strongest factions, so you can think about taking 'cool' units in a custodes list and still do real well on the tabletop. i'd avoid getting too many good units or you'll be 'that guy/girl'

valdor is a monster and the bikes are excellent anti tank. sisters are pretty good filler units and their transports are especially good

as a faction 30k custodes are low model count, but very resilient and hard to pin down. they are vulnerable to lists with lots of heavy armor, high mobility, lots of dreadnoughts, and melee focused hordes

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

How hard is it to magnetize the weapons on the bikes?

Edit: sorry if this is a dumb question!! Google isn't helping

TammyHEH fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Aug 7, 2020

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Tommunist posted:

How hard is it to magnetize the weapons on the bikes?

Edit: sorry if this is a dumb question!! Google isn't helping

Easy. The weapons just slot in the groove along the top of the bike.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Question with rule books: what exactly should I be getting for custodes ? I've ordered the age of darkness rule book (+ aquilion termies and the dick bikes) should i be looking at book 7 +8 or just one of them?

+ my custodes in a state of semi unpaintedness

TammyHEH fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Aug 13, 2020

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I'm 99% sure that all Custodes units got reprinted in book 8 with new rules. The army essentially got a do-over immediately. The only things that got left behind were Sisters of Silence, I believe.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Are they getting an updated list in the upcoming book?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I really hope so! At least two new super heavies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Alas, this means that Dark Angels have to be pushed back into Book 10.