Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I. M. Gei posted:

I ordered some masks from that MediDent place that’s been advertising on the forums. I ordered them last week, and they were supposed to arrive yesterday, but they’re not here yet and I’m starting to wonder if some funny poo poo is up.

The last thing on the tracking info says that they departed a “USPS Regional Facility” 2 days ago (almost 3 days ago now) at 5:29 AM, and there hasn’t been an update since. And that facility is only like 2 hours away from here.

What the gently caress is going on? Where are my masks? Did some USPS fucker steal them?

I can only buy the “COVID is loving up our delivery times” excuse for so long.

USPS has become a poo poo show due to increased Covid related shopping causing them to have to gig economy half their poo poo. I had a package say it was delivered every day for three days in a row before a guy in a Jetta full of packages dropped it off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Zero VGS posted:

Insight into the income of tenants is absolutely my business, it's one of the first things you're supposed to screen for when choosing who to rent to; their credit and their job history and income stability. Between my previous knowledge, general street smarts, and the excuses volunteered to me, I can pretty accurately deduce which tenants aren't paying because they actually lost their income, and which aren't paying because there's no disincentive for them to just pocket it instead. Do I know for a fact? Nope, and that's why I'm not gonna like come out and accuse them or anything, but I mean come on. Some of them are obviously going for it and I don't blame them.

I agree 100%. My rental income is my livelihood though as it is for many, so it's befuddling to me that the government hasn't given small time landlords any consideration. I know it's not fashionable to own land on SA which is why I try not to bring it up but people were wondering why I had to go into Home Depot and I guess I segued into griping about it, my bad.

Get a job.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

You know who has given small time landlords some consideration? Katana swords.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

:lol:

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

sowwy to hear about your predatory business lifestyle choices affecting your income op, have you considered saving up 6 months worth of "salary" for emergency situations?

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Zero VGS posted:

Insight into the income of tenants is absolutely my business, it's one of the first things you're supposed to screen for when choosing who to rent to; their credit and their job history and income stability. Between my previous knowledge, general street smarts, and the excuses volunteered to me, I can pretty accurately deduce which tenants aren't paying because they actually lost their income, and which aren't paying because there's no disincentive for them to just pocket it instead. Do I know for a fact? Nope, and that's why I'm not gonna like come out and accuse them or anything, but I mean come on. Some of them are obviously going for it and I don't blame them.

I agree 100%. My rental income is my livelihood though as it is for many, so it's befuddling to me that the government hasn't given small time landlords any consideration. I know it's not fashionable to own land on SA which is why I try not to bring it up but people were wondering why I had to go into Home Depot and I guess I segued into griping about it, my bad.

You are a blight on society.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

lol

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Seriously, is the trick to these drat kits just "prick a vein and bleed?"

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

I have people praising this on my local news FB page. I bet they were also praising the GOP forcing Wisconsin to vote in person during the primaries.

I'm going to have a busy day engaging these absolute loving pieces of poo poo.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008

Delay the Election? No, People can properly, securely and safely vote!!

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

Zero VGS posted:

you're scum :)

Big Butt Skinner
Apr 16, 2005

Blueprints of the dummy...
Notarized photos of you making the dummy...
And an alternate wording for the banner: "Buttzilla."
This is the biggest self-own I can recall seeing in a long time.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

feel like poo poo, just want him back
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1D0quttOeY

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

All he ever wanted was 2 b a pokemon master

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
At least that poo poo got him before it got me.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I mean, I guess I feel like he's relatively less-poo poo versus some of the other 2012'ers?

That's firmly into "one-eyed dwarf in the land of the blind midgets" territory, though?

E: This was the Becky-Becky-Beckystan guy, right? Because ignorance of geography while there are two ongoing overseas wars is "a good look" (as the kids say these days), ammirite?

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

It must be so weird to base your income off of preying on people trying to fulfill the very bottom level of Maslow's hierarchy of needs.

Not necessarily directed at that landlord goon, but in general. How do you do that without on some level being a sociopath?

Uhh aren't mail-in and absentee voting functionally the exact same thing?

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

yes

not sure if you noticed this but the president is very stupid / bad

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

i am harry posted:

You know who has given small time landlords some consideration? Katana swords.

Polio Vax Scene posted:

sowwy to hear about your predatory business lifestyle choices affecting your income op, have you considered saving up 6 months worth of "salary" for emergency situations?

Saalkin posted:

You are a blight on society.

Hazo posted:

It must be so weird to base your income off of preying on people trying to fulfill the very bottom level of Maslow's hierarchy of needs.

Not necessarily directed at that landlord goon, but in general. How do you do that without on some level being a sociopath?

BEAR GRYLLZ posted:

you're scum :)

"won't someone think of the landlords" for 500 alex

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://mobile.twitter.com/CorkCoypu/status/1288427216456622081

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
I'll be going on a plane to Canada for work in October. Which respirator should I make them buy me?

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
I wonder how many people will take the pandemic more seriously given Herman Cain's death, especially given his public and reckless behavior around the issue. 2 or 3?

Seems like the true believers already jumped on the "no way to prove he got it at the rally!" bandwagon, which, mutatis mutandis, is basically never not true.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
It "really grinds my gears" (as the kids say these days) when there's a huge-rear end line (properly distanced) and the people still take forever to make up their minds when they get to the place of food-ordering.

Like: it's a goddamn bagel shop: you should have a loving idea what kind of bagel you want and what you want on it before you even decide to *go* (hence the decision: "I think I'll go to the bagel shop!" which you have, perforce, already made) much less by the time you get through the line.

:argh:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Schadenboner posted:

It "really grinds my gears" (as the kids say these days) when there's a huge-rear end line (properly distanced) and the people still take forever to make up their minds when they get to the place of food-ordering.

Like: it's a goddamn bagel shop: you should have a loving idea what kind of bagel you want and what you want on it before you even decide to *go* (hence the decision: "I think I'll go to the bagel shop!" which you have, perforce, already made) much less by the time you get through the line.

:argh:

Even the drive thru is like this. I mean really, I have an idea of what I want (Baconator), but then I get there and see the spicy chicken sandwich, it takes about half a second to realize that I'd rather have the Spicy Chicken Sandwich. It's not that hard, but every loving time there's someone at the ordering screen who's there for 10 loving minutes.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I start typing and getting ready to argue with morons on the book over vaccines and other garbage they are spewing. Then I just stop, really what is the point? I have no clue how Trump keeps getting more fans, I would think he would be losing supporters left and right. I don't consider myself a genius but some people are just dumb as a rock and I have no idea how they could seriously believe the things they say. Oh well, it is best to just turn off your monitor when dealing with idiots is my point.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Rental real estate is a risky business to get into, sucks that you're losing money now. Best bet is to cut your losses and find a more stable investment or job, this is gonna get worse before it gets better.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

zer0spunk posted:

"won't someone think of the landlords" for 500 alex

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I have people praising this on my local news FB page. I bet they were also praising the GOP forcing Wisconsin to vote in person during the primaries.

I'm going to have a busy day engaging these absolute loving pieces of poo poo.

I have an alt FB account for these occasions. I'm in IL, not WI, but the CHUDs are strong here too.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

smoobles posted:

Rental real estate is a risky business to get into, sucks that you're losing money now. Best bet is to cut your losses and find a more stable investment or job, this is gonna get worse before it gets better.

Exactly what their renters are probably thinking. I know I am.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Zero VGS posted:

Just form a coop with your renters.

I have a coop apartment in germany and its management is absolutely stellar.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Michael Corleone posted:

I start typing and getting ready to argue with morons on the book over vaccines and other garbage they are spewing. Then I just stop, really what is the point? I have no clue how Trump keeps getting more fans, I would think he would be losing supporters left and right. I don't consider myself a genius but some people are just dumb as a rock and I have no idea how they could seriously believe the things they say. Oh well, it is best to just turn off your monitor when dealing with idiots is my point.

he is losing support, it's just that the teamtrump4ever squad is getting louder and dumber at the same time and possibly at a faster rate.

Stanky Bean
Dec 30, 2004

butt dickus posted:

I'll be going on a plane to Canada for work in October. Which respirator should I make them buy me?

I flew on monday across the US for work and went with hat, wrap around safety glasses and a kn95 with some cut up topstick(double sided sticky tape) lining the edges to get a complete seal. Also respirators are only for filtering air on the way in I believe, so take that as you will.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Rutibex posted:

how do you know its opportunistic? do you know the income of all of you tenets? thats pretty creepy and really none of your business

As a landlord you really need to know the income/type of contracts they work under or self employed of potential tenants. Nothing creepy about that.

e: beaten by VGS.

AutismVaccine fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Jul 30, 2020

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
considering we're about to be at the end of eviction moratoriums with no federal version in place and it coincides with the elimination of unemployment benefit happening simultaneously... sympathy for landlords is going to be non-existent

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Michael Corleone posted:

Think how much worse it is to see that level of stupidity when you are a genius, like me.

Observing the few republicans that I know well, it's one or a combination of:

1. They're stupid.
2. They're an rear end in a top hat.
3. They're a conspiracy theorist. I draw a distinction between this and #1 because a lot of these people are literally mentally ill, not necessarily stupid (most of them are stupid).
4. They're so brainwashed by decades of Fox news that they're not even really aware of what's happening around them. It may be that you can't be a 4 without also being a 1 or a 2 but I'll concede that it's at least possible.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Schadenboner posted:

I mean, I guess I feel like he's relatively less-poo poo versus some of the other 2012'ers?

You should read his twitter feed.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Pennywise the Frown posted:

You should read his twitter feed.

I mean, like I said one eyed dwarf: king of the land of the blind midget but he competition was loving princess crazyeyes.

Also, what ever happened to her?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

zer0spunk posted:

considering we're about to be at the end of eviction moratoriums with no federal version in place and it coincides with the elimination of unemployment benefit happening simultaneously... sympathy for landlords is going to be non-existent

You’re right I’m already starting to feel my sympathy fading.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Schadenboner posted:

I mean, like I said one eyed dwarf: king of the land of the blind midget but he competition was loving princess crazyeyes.

Also, what ever happened to her?

Probably getting a haircut without a mask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Rolo posted:

You’re right I’m already starting to feel my sympathy fading.

to keep it on track

gently caress the government for not stepping in already..people are about to be hit with 3+ months of rent due at the same time that they lose $2400 a month..adding to the homeless population during an ongoing pandemic is some real evil biz