Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Xenoletum posted:

We picked this up earlier this quarantine ourselves! It's fun, but really rules heavy and you're gonna figure things out by just playing. I highly HIGHLY recommend that you pick up some plano 3600 storage boxes, and a single 3601 box. On top of that you're going to want to store the floor tiles in an accordian folder, or if you'd rather, just get one of the storage solutions on amazon. The game explodes everywhere if you don't have a plan in place.

I'm there, lurking. I never feel confident enough to post on those types of things, mostly cause I've never touched the game before and I don't know a single thing, so I don't want to be the one asking so many questions.

This is great:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1726878/yss-yet-another-storage-solution

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Yeah I'm not against getting one of the laser cut ones. People seem to dig them. I think the two I've seen most are Go7 and Broken Token or whatever. I'll probably start the game and then figure out a solution and just accept it ain't going back in until one arrives to my house haha

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Xenoletum posted:

We picked this up earlier this quarantine ourselves! It's fun, but really rules heavy and you're gonna figure things out by just playing.

Definitely watch the videos linked from the manual about setup and how turns progress.

I have the Broken Token one and it’s pretty good, but the lid doesn’t quite close so I’m nervous about stacking stuff on it. I have those Kickstarter board game shelves from a while back so it’s OK, but it’s something to think about.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Also note that Gloomhaven with 4 players takes for loving ever to play. 2 is too few for any of the setup/support classes to really function. 3 is the sweet spot for being able to enjoy it without having to dedicate a day to each scenario.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Xenoletum posted:

My FLGS posted they had five of these come into stock.

I pick mine up Friday. :(

That set looked legit, Hope some circulate into retail. Couldn’t afford atm.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
The Gloomhaven Helper app is also essential. It's on Google and iOS.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
It seemed like an appropriate time to buy a christmas tree

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

djfooboo posted:

That set looked legit, Hope some circulate into retail. Couldn’t afford atm.

Unfortunately from what I saw what's out is out, and a reprint of the box there isn't going to be happening, but the three new starter sets will be more of the same theme, similar minis, but at a lower cost just because you're not getting 61 of them.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Xenoletum posted:

I'm there, lurking. I never feel confident enough to post on those types of things, mostly cause I've never touched the game before and I don't know a single thing, so I don't want to be the one asking so many questions.

I used to play way back in 3rd and 9th is enough different that I'm like :shobon: so I feel ya on the questions. :justpost:

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
An anvil, made in the 19th century.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

His Divine Shadow posted:

where'd you find that?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

colas posted:

where'd you find that?

The 19th century duh

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
Speaking of board games, put in a late pledge to buy a modern remake of Crossbows and Catapults

I’d always wanted the original growing up, I’m pretty excited :sun:

Would also love some recommendations if anyone else has any other fun board games they could share!

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

colas posted:

where'd you find that?

Joined a local whatsapp group for people interested in smithing

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Be sure to update the drivers.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Will Will Smith smith? Will Smith will smith.

Anyway, for content I bought a mechanical keyboard and some popcorn seasoning

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Coffee And Pie posted:

Will Will Smith smith? Will Smith will smith.

Anyway, for content I bought a mechanical keyboard and some popcorn seasoning

That poo poo looks like something the us army would feed to GIs in Korea in 1950 and 30 years later would be found to cause mesothelioma. I wouldn't trust it at all.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Magic Underwear posted:

That poo poo looks like something the us army would feed to GIs in Korea in 1950 and 30 years later would be found to cause mesothelioma. I wouldn't trust it at all.

Flavacol is why movie theater popcorn tastes like it does.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah Flavacol is the poo poo. Pop your corn in unrefined coconut oil, season with flavacol, and you have movie popcorn. If you let some soda dry on the floor beforehand and watch a half hour of commercials before you start your movie, you will have the complete movie theater experience.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I’m missing movie theaters a lot honestly. Also that criticism could also be leveled at the aesthetics of my keyboard.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Used to work at a theater. The thing I hated the most was the smell of the garbage. Popcorn and coke mixed smells putrid.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

One of my absolute favorite stories was when me and a bunch of my friends applied to a theater we knew would be getting Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. I wound up being the one that got hired and let all my friends into the pre-screening they had for it like two days later. The next day I filled a garbage bag with popcorn, put it in my car, and quit.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I did something similar when I worked for the blood bank.

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

I did something similar when I worked for the fertility clinic.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Why would a fertility clinic have so much popcorn?

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Why not? There should be copious amounts of fresh popcorn available in any establishment at all times. Have you seen wholesale prices for popcorn?

Son, do you hate capitalism?!

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Solice Kirsk posted:

One of my absolute favorite stories was when me and a bunch of my friends applied to a theater we knew would be getting Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. I wound up being the one that got hired and let all my friends into the pre-screening they had for it like two days later. The next day I filled a garbage bag with popcorn, put it in my car, and quit.

Having one or more friends employed by a big theatre when you're in highschool/college is a rite of passage. I saw so many dumb Apatow comedies and dumber superhero movies, high as the dickens, for free, in my early 20s.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

It really was great. Sooooo many cheap dates because my friends all worked at different theaters. I always made up for it by bringing tons of day old donuts and cookies and cupcakes and stuff to parties.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

What a very interesting and odd purchase! Are you gonna hammer poo poo on it or keep it for looks

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
A few times the library I work at got excess popcorn for programs, which often meant a half a garbage bag full of popcorn would linger in the break room for a few weeks. Those were good weeks.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

OniPanda posted:

Used to work at a theater. The thing I hated the most was the smell of the garbage. Popcorn and coke mixed smells putrid.

When I worked at a theater it was popcorn + pink lemonade that did the heavy lifting smell-wise, I'm sure there was plenty of other gross poo poo in the dumpsters but that's the one that was constantly punching out of it

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Bought some bike gear and parts

Small drill

Had the sudden urge for gum so I bought a bag

Been reading and smoking outside at night so I grabbed a few dozen cigars.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

What a very interesting and odd purchase! Are you gonna hammer poo poo on it or keep it for looks

Paperweight.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Gonna use it to hammer on hot metal, once I build a forge, once I build the house to put the forge in (casting the foundation now)

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Got one of these a few years ago and it’s responsible for like 3/4 of my home improvements at least. Good get!

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

Gonna use it to hammer on hot metal, once I build a forge, once I build the house to put the forge in (casting the foundation now)
Not going to try an catch the roadrunner?

Dewgy posted:

Got one of these a few years ago and it’s responsible for like 3/4 of my home improvements at least. Good get!
I got something similar to this and I thought it would be a useless gimmick that I never used, seeing as I have A Good Power Drill to do that kind of thing for serious work, and my hands are stronger when doing gentle work with a basic screwdriver.

I was wrong on both counts.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Dewgy posted:

So far been great. I had an older version that didn't unlock and change positions but it finally died after 4+years. I have a power drill for harder tasks but for small quick issues I love it.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Key me in on what's special here if you wouldn't mind. Just that it's small? I have a Lowe's/Depot special drill that came in a larger kit and does fine by me, but I could see a smaller one being useful.

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

Warbird posted:

Key me in on what's special here if you wouldn't mind. Just that it's small? I have a Lowe's/Depot special drill that came in a larger kit and does fine by me, but I could see a smaller one being useful.

Basically that.

It's as quick to grab as a normal screwdriver - there's no arsing around unpacking things, attaching batteries, pulling a case out of a cupboard, etc. You just leave it somewhere convenient, pick it up and use.

And they are surprisingly torquey - they can almost twist harder than you can do with your hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oddhair
Mar 21, 2004

I tried to grab a good one from someone else I saw on Slickdeals/Lowes that had interchangeable heads, so an offset, a 90º head, etc, I think it was like $200 and they had one in stock I couldn't locate. Has less torque than a full drill, isn't as big, but can get onto closer quarters and is lighter than a typical cordless drill or impact driver. If I'm hitting Torx I just go with 1/4" impact that lives in the car for tire changes, something like this would be much nicer to Phillips.

I got me a kitchen island table also found a good deal on Slickdeals/Home Depot, 24"x45" wood top:

Not sure I can do my baking stuff right on top but I'm going to see how it does for helping me get a little more space to hold some larger pans and utensils and for baking space Need to figure out some kind of curtain for the back to help keep dust off my mixer and friends.