Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

thats a pretty relatable doodle

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

this, but working, and change am to pm, and basically every hour until lunchtime

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:3:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
hermit crabs rule

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

LifeSunDeath posted:

hermit crabs rule

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

:yeeclaw:

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

LifeSunDeath posted:

hermit crabs rule

Smelly though

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

2020 as piss

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Shout out to the photons! Without them we'd still be non-existent. We wouldn't be here to get this ice and tattoos.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Ironhead posted:

I thought I was having a stroke for a minute because this seemed super familiar. I saw the original posted on Facebook, it's done by my highschool friend Ricky.

His website is https://inkyrickshaw.com and I think most of his stuff is pretty great.

Well that explains why I thought the comic was funny, but the Upbeat He-Man page was the Facebook account of someone who likes Keith Lemon.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

ChubbyChecker posted:

2020 as piss

Jerry, you know what to do!

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Phlegmish posted:

Yes, I mean a comics museum, not a café. Every little village in Belgium has at least 5 of the latter, although they've been closing at a pretty rapid rate these past two decades or so.

Wow it really is exactly like the old Leuven

I should pay it a visit, the city museum seems interesting. I'm also a big fan of car-free areas in cities, they just poo poo everything up and make it unpleasant, so an entire car-free town should be up my alley.

@mrfart: what's the recommended age range for your Captain Anchovy series?

Good question.
It started out as a comic strip in a school magazine for 8-10 year olds.
When it was picked up by Spirou, it turned into a more 'all ages' thing. I made some more risqué ones, but nobody ever complained.

I only make bigger one to six page stories/jokes or game pages now. For the latter, they did move me to the 10 to 12 year olds, because these loving things always turn into weird and sometimes absurd games and riddles and the kids can't solve them.
But on the other hand, I just released like a collection album with mostly these games, and kids seem to really like them, although they annoy their parent asking for solutions.

i don't think I ever translated any of these because it's a lot of work.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Yo I ordered two of your albums, they'll arrive tomorrow. (I ordered them a week ago along with some stuff for my parents and had it delivered at their place, but they're visiting tomorrow.)

Looking forward to reading them.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Those are very good comics I like them.

I like shark table. hosed up there's no plate for the dad shark though.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Slowly? Photons?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

gleebster posted:

Slowly? Photons?

It takes a photon approximately 100,000 years to move from the sun's core to the surface.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Arrhythmia posted:

It takes a photon approximately 100,000 years to move from the sun's core to the surface.

But it is still, by definition, moving at light speed.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Light moves extremely slow relative to gravity.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Arrhythmia posted:

That's a neat little fact. Thanks.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

cant cook creole bream posted:

That's a neat little fact. Thanks.

Light can also be decelerated to 17m (less than 100 feet) per second or even lower, if you have the proper equipment (unfortunately I do not have a link to that study but it was done in Denmark)

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

In the case of the sun the reason the photons take so long to get out is that they're constantly bouncing off the incredibly densely packed atoms in the core and changing direction, so even though they're moving very fast the path they take is a massively tangled random mess that doesn't make much outward progress

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Der Kyhe posted:

Light can also be decelerated to 17m (less than 100 feet) per second or even lower, if you have the proper equipment (unfortunately I do not have a link to that study but it was done in Denmark)

Options for proper equipment:
  • A ruler that was made too big
  • A clock that runs way too fast

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

CPColin posted:

Options for proper equipment:
  • A ruler that was made too big
  • A clock that runs way too fast

Issue fines for exceeding the speed limit.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Bro if your girlfriend is telling you to 'just snap out of your depression', :sever:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Phlegmish posted:

Bro if your girlfriend is telling you to 'just snap out of your depression', :sever:

Panel before last, bro.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Taeke posted:

Yo I ordered two of your albums, they'll arrive tomorrow. (I ordered them a week ago along with some stuff for my parents and had it delivered at their place, but they're visiting tomorrow.)

Looking forward to reading them.

Thanks.
With the lockdown I had a lot of people buying them from me directly or through virtual signing sessions from comic book stores and ended up spending al lot of time signing books. Well, it’s my own fault for drawing so slow and trying to put something funny in each of them.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Panel before last, bro.

Took me too long to understand this.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

mrfart posted:

Good question.
It started out as a comic strip in a school magazine for 8-10 year olds.
When it was picked up by Spirou, it turned into a more 'all ages' thing. I made some more risqué ones, but nobody ever complained.

Sounds perfect for my precocious 7-year-old niece. And obviously, I want them signed.

Check your mails tomorrow.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

mrfart posted:

You live in Louvain-la-Neuve?

Museum is cool. It, ahem, forgets to mention some of hergé's history, though :)

I went to a comics museum in Brussels that definitely had a copy of a book that even my limited grasp of French could see was titled "Tintin versus the Negroes." I have to imagine it's just a book that other museums chose to forget.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

What is he depressed about? His hand is fine now.

E: Ah, medical bills, of course! I keep forgetting that in America attaching your hand back would cost you an arm and a leg.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Should have elected Sanders, now more and more Americans are walking around with stumps where their limbs should be.

Many such cases

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Phlegmish posted:

Should have elected Sanders, now more and more Americans are walking around with stumps where their limbs should be.

Many such cases

Donald Stump

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Phlegmish posted:

Many such cases

Colonel Sanders! I could vote for some fried chicken right about now.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":
please don't doxx me