Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

How rude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

The popularity and joyfulness of "The Arkansas Traveler" was attested to in the 1932 Academy Award-winning Laurel and Hardy short, The Music Box. In this film, the boys labored to haul a player piano up a long flight of stairs and into a house through a bedroom window. Near the conclusion of their adventure, as they are starting to clean up their mess surrounding the newly installed piano, Stan and Ollie play a roll of "Patriotic Melodies". They dance with much grace and amusement to "The Arkansas Traveler", followed briefly by "Dixie". Marvin Hatley, who composed Laurel and Hardy's "Cuckoo" theme song, was the pianist for this sequence; the player piano was not real.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twin_mountain_drawing

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
A pizza saver (sometimes referred to as pizza table, pizza stool, package saver, pizza nipple or pizza ottoman) is an object used to prevent the top of a food container, such as a pizza box or cake box,

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

A pizza saver (sometimes referred to as pizza table, pizza stool, package saver, pizza nipple or pizza ottoman) is an object used to prevent the top of a food container, such as a pizza box or cake box,

BVMES and BVMYS used to literally use these for barbie stools when we were literal childes.

It seems like Little Caesars doesn't use them anymore though?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

it's the guy that invented bbq chicken pizza

the imminent huh
Apr 6, 2016

yessss, pie till i die

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Thought it might be a Herman Kane thing but his probably has the "Becky-Becky-Becky-stan" thing in there too?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Holmes was best known for his exceptionally large penis, which was heavily promoted as the longest, thickest, hardest, and longest lasting in the adult film industry, with seminal volume second only to fellow adult actor Peter North's. However, no documented measurement of Holmes' actual penis’ length, girth, tumescence, sexual stamina, or ejaculate volume has ever been confirmed.[3]

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Schadenboner posted:

BVMES and BVMYS used to literally use these for barbie stools when we were literal childes.

most people just use them as dollhouse furniture but to each their own

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

man, shakespeare got these all wrong

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

not so much worthless as just lol hippies

quote:

In 2004, the Long Island Power Authority erected two 100-foot, 50 kW wind turbines at the Shoreham Energy Center site,[15] as part of a renewable-energy program.[16][17] At a ceremony, chairman Kessel stated, "We stand in the shadow of a modern-day Stonehenge, a multibillion-dollar monument to a failed energy policy, to formally commission the operation of a renewable energy technology that will harness the power of the wind for the benefit of Long Island's environment." The turbines generate 200 MW⋅h per year, or 1/35,000th of the energy the nuclear plant would have produced.[18]

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Is this a chemical reaction formula?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

my sister would relish that burnt potato

Stack Machine
Mar 6, 2016

I can see through time!
Fun Shoe

Carthag Tuek posted:

my sister would relish that burnt potato

Weird potato condiment choice but at least she's not ketchuping it.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

okay who copied those emails from our marketing department into wikipedia?

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
History

See also: List of companies involved in the Holocaust and Diesel emissions scandal

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
ketchup goes on hotdogs. mayo on fries

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Pakled posted:

History

See also: List of companies involved in the Holocaust and Diesel emissions scandal

zyklon b emission scandal

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Not to be confused with Cheese dog.

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing
"Standard form" is used for many things. Its main use is to find lateral equations.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Collins, among other "internet stars", was set to star in the upcoming film The Chronicles of Rick Roll, which was first announced in 2011

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

article on kamikazes posted:

The tokkōtai pilot's manual also explained how a pilot may turn back if the pilot could not locate a target and that "[a pilot] should not waste [his] life lightly". One pilot who continually came back to base was shot after his ninth return.[51][49]
lol that dude owns

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i feel like after coming back seven or eight times you'd pick up the vibe back at the base and maybe next time out you defect or something

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

i feel like after coming back seven or eight times you'd pick up the vibe back at the base and maybe next time out you defect or something

when the imperial armed forces have been using suicide planes as weapons lol if you think you’re getting anywhere near a place you could surrender in a plane.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Sagebrush posted:

trying to defect while flying a japanese plane with kamikaze livery as a member of a group of kamikaze attackers would be a tough trick to pull off

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i mean yeah that would be something to consider. you definitely wouldn't get to land on a carrier. but you could like, i dunno, come with your landing gear down, hoping they notice your intentions, and bail out next to a picket boat. or just ditch and swim away

if the other choices are (1) kamikaze into a ship or (2) get shot on return yeah, i'll take my chances with the americans

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
In business
Some companies and non-profit organisations have used the word nipple or images of nipples to draw attention to their product or cause.[49][56]

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
key disadvantage is the high susceptibility of TATP to accidental detonation, causing workplace accidents and "own goals" among illegal bomb-makers, which has led to TATP being referred to as the "Mother of Satan".[60][57]

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cnut_the_Great

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
Ancient mullets
In the sixth century, Byzantine scholar Procopius wrote that some factions of young males wore their hair long at the back and cut it short over the forehead. This non-Roman style was termed the 'Hunnic' look.[4][5]

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

quote:

The Buffalo Chips Campground opened in '81. Its first concert for the Sturgis Rally was Jerry Lee Lewis in '82. In '87 it had Canned Heat. '89-Mitch Ryder, '90-Bachman-Turner Overdrive (from Winnipeg), Marshall Tucker Band, '90-Joe Walsh, 91-Kentucky Headhunters, 92-Stray Cats, 94-Blues Traveler, 97-The Guess Who (from Winnipeg), 98-Lynyrd Skynyrd, 99-Def Leppard (from UK),'00-Montgomery Gentry, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Cheap Trick, Styx (from Chicago) with REO Speedwagon, Jonny Lang (from ND), and Cher, 01-Sheryl Crow, Grand Funk Railroad, 02-Smash Mouth, 03-Our Lady Peace, 3 Doors Down, Seether (from S. Africa), 04-Heart (from Seattle), Nickelback (from Alberta), '05-Shinedown, Tim McGraw, Steve Miller Band, 06-Keith Urban, Kid Rock, Tom Petty, 07-Buckcherry, Papa Roach, Velvet Revolver, Daughtry, 08-Staind, Puddle of Mudd, Theory of a Deadman, Saving Abel, 09-Hinder, Aerosmith, 10-Bob Dylan (from MN), Stone Sour (from Des Moines), Disturbed (from Chicago), Jason Aldean, 11-Pop Evil with Alice Cooper, 12-Zac Brown Band, Loverboy (from Calgary), 13-Sublime with Rome, 14-Florida Georgia Line, The Pretty Reckless, Train, Mötley Crüe, 15-Five Finger Death Punch, 16-Miranda Lambert, Willie Nelson, Weird Al Yankovic, '17-Alter Bridge, Trapt, Blink-182, Ozzy Osbourne. In 2018, Buffalo Chips hosted Yelawolf, Chevelle, and Eric Church for the Rally.[citation needed]

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

I'm Styx (Detroit)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
The town was laid out by Raymond Unwin as a demonstration of the principles established by Ebenezer Howard who sought to create an alternative to the industrial city by combining the best of town and country living. It is also home to the United Kingdom's first roundabout, which was built in 1909.